Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,985 members, 7,915,877 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:45 AM

What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? (20518 Views)

Growing Up As A Son Raise By Singlemother. How Has Life Be ? / What Lesson Can We Learned From These Pictures / What As Life Taught You So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by JohnnA1: 10:42pm On May 10, 2022
toffyz:
To always control my temper

I lost the best woman I would have married to over reaction.
Wetin she do sef?
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by JohnnA1: 10:59pm On May 10, 2022
rachytenny2:
Never you feel entitled to someone or something.
How, explain?
Is it like, if someone does you good, but you refuse to feel the need to reciprocate, because you refuse to feel like you owe them?
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by JohnnA1: 11:08pm On May 10, 2022
Afolashade00:

To mind by business and stop being too caring, it is quite choking
Learning this too.
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by ceeceeuwa: 11:22pm On May 10, 2022
Family is not by blood...

8 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Godplan123(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2022
Life Has Told Me Alot the Most Important One is After You Fear God Fear Woman Cus they are the Real Devil..

4 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by JohnnA1: 11:25pm On May 10, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
Family is not by blood...
A great lesson that comes through pain...

6 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Mike7302: 11:35pm On May 10, 2022
I have learnt that:
- Time is ticking really fast, whatever you want to do. Do it now, don't use that "I am still young",I still have lot of time excuse. Nothing is too late truly but something will better when done at the right time.

-Life does not reward you cuz you have always been good. Yeah it's good to be good. But don't expect a special treatment/reward for being good.

.-We always long for what we don't have even when what we have is better than the former. This is true in most aspect of life including relationships.

-People come and go. This what I say to myself when someone I am getting attached to leaves.

-Everyone is trying to look more confident,smart, powerful than the other person. Even when u try to respect a person everyone looks down on or disrespects. You will see the person now trying to subdue/disrespect you.

-Life is not fixed, it is not predictable. The second point is an example of this.

-Laziness sometimes lets us leave everything to God. God can do all things, I shoupd also do something on my part.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by BIDOO(m): 11:47pm On May 10, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Yes there are books but the above are my experiences. There's now number 32.

Send a DM man.

Thanks.
Please kindly send all the available books within your reach to darejnr5@gmail.com. thanks
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by HELLASJ(m): 12:24am On May 11, 2022
Word!
CaveAdullam:
1. Women will do anything for money.

Lazarus's case and that of the rich man is even better, women will eat both the crumbs that falls from the table and allow the rich man's dog eat them too.

2. Men fear power + physical dominance. If you got one or both, your respect will heighten. And true on a large scale.

3. Children only keep shut when you stand by your decision and accompany it with a rod. Like women, they love going against boundaries assigned to them.

4. How far you will go in life is dependent on the available knowledge or information you have or able to access.

5. Nobody cares about you, but you still end up thinking about how others see you. Human evolutionary instinct wants to ensure that you're not going against the rules of the tribe.

6. Everyone desires to help and show love, but when the burden is placed upon them they run away. These are weak people, the spectators and critics that lacks good sense of judgement. They are accusers and mere talkers.

7. Born into a poor family, a poor nation and a poor background sets you up for monumental failure. Hence, religion becomes a comforter and escape mechanism because chances of success are ultra slim. So, anything you do in such situation to at least upgrade yourself should be seen as success even though it can't be categorized as the norm. You tried my friend.

8. With wealth, influence and power, you not only break the rules, you make the rules and break it as it pleases you.

9. There are no morally wealthy + powerful people. Every powerful and wealthy man plays unsuspicious immoral game behind closed doors. When caught they rationalize it to mean a virtuous act. Or, pretend nothing happened.

10. The poor desires to be rich, and when he is unable, he castigates the rich and calls wealth vanity. Refer to 7 above.

11. Nobody is coming to help you, the few that will do will only point the route to you, you must do the work for yourself, don't expect anybody to do it for you.

12. People are selfish with knowledge because they think once it goes viral they will lose their power. And this is true. It is then left for you as an individual to go down the rabbit hole and and pursue knowledge. Refer to 4 above.

13. Life is not guaranteed in the next hour, assume you'll die sooner and that may help you come up with productive ideas and walk towards it.

14. No big deal being happy or sad, life will definitely take different turns on you, just be prepared and conscious about it.

15. Family is key. Your friends cannot be compared to your genetic line. Though, some friends has proven to be brothers.

16. Respect everyone. Don't view anyone ignominously, as they might know what you don't and can help when you don't expect.

17. Be kind, but always make sure you pay everyone with their own coins. This will ensure they know that in life, nobody has the monopoly of being kind, frugal, arrogant or prideful. Only the wealthy has such opportunity. Refer to 8 above.

18. Stay focus, continue to try and progress. You may experience a breakthrough, but in the case that you didn't made a significant breakthrough, just know you tried.

19. Majority of humans has died and many will die without achieving their dreams. Take heart.

20. Use your money to take good care of yourself. But also know that being selfish is for a short time, when you die another will inherit all your possessions, and he may possibly be your enemy.

21. Do what makes you happy is an escape mechanism to please your indulgence and never makes you want to feel guilty about your reckless behaviors.

22. If there's a process follow it. If it is long be patient and follow, and same if short. The more you try to short circuit the process, the longer you stay there correcting what you ought to have done in the past.

22. Life doesn't go as planned, always ensure you have alternatives and fallback. Don't depend on mere hope, faith, wishful thinking and prayer. You are not different from other beings. So, don't think your case is special.

23. Respect is only given to the wealthy, high status and powerful because humans are myopic, they judge you by your cover. A poor wise man is an object of mockery to the masses. Refer to 1 above.

24. Suffering is part of every process, make
good use of it.

25. The majority of people that are announcing their helps are only trying to exploit you.

26. If there's something to lose or gain people will comply. Better to use incentives than appeal to emotion or force.

27. Only outliers help genuinely from their hearts. The majority will not help if they have nothing to gain from you. Refer to 26 above.

28. You are not in control, independence or democracy are words to make you feel in control. The government and the wealthy men are the people in control. Refer to 8 above.

29. The wrong side about religion is that its adherents take every allegories and metaphors as facts. Meanwhile, when lessons are extrapolated from these religious tales you will find out that man truly needs religion. Refer to 7 above.

30. You don't know yourself until you suffer lack or have abundance.

31. Experience is the best teacher; if you are advice against an act you'll continually regret not taking action. However, some experiences comes with painful scars. Be careful.

32. Everything you say or know is true. However, truth is what has proven itself repeatedly and not void of empiricism and reality.

33. If you are extremely valuable, people will be attracted to you, but the majority will like to parasitize on you rather than become good as you.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by rachytenny2(f): 12:41am On May 11, 2022
JohnnA1:
How, explain?
Is it like, if someone does you good, but you refuse to feel the need to reciprocate, because you refuse to feel like you owe them?
Its not that way. It's like you feeling entitled to someone else's money just because he's your boyfriend or your brother. The truth is, even my brother owes me nothing. I shouldn't have this entitlement mentality that he has a responsibility to perform on me. We all have our cross to carry. Feeling that way can't make one grow. I hope you get it now?

4 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by airliner(m): 12:54am On May 11, 2022
There's time for everything

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by nora2018(m): 2:04am On May 11, 2022
Always speakless even if you know more

4 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by CaveAdullam: 4:32am On May 11, 2022
BIDOO:

Please kindly send all the available books within your reach to darejnr5@gmail.com. thanks

Well done man.

Search for truth and you'll find it. Truth is not contained in one or two books, not even in a library, truth is scattered everywhere just like wisdom. Our tastes of books may differ but different books can lead to truth and the onus is on you to go down the rabbit hole and find what you desire.

1. Read all of Robert Greene's books.

2. Read all of Rollo Tomassi's books.

3. Follow @tellyoursonthis on Twitter. Go to his 2 sites and consume the materials there. And buy his Audiobook too.

4. Read The Counte of Monte Cristo. (Highly recommended anytime or day).

5. Read the Confession of an economic hitman by John Perkins.

6. Read the Bible and Quran.

7. Read the Ape that understood the universe by Steve Stewart Williams.

The list above will guide you as you make progress.

However, be open-minded, unlearn, relearn, learn. Observe and practice too - an important key.

Thanks.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by iceone2000: 5:37am On May 11, 2022
Whatever you do to people will come back to play.

You might be lucky and unlucky it start with you.

2 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by JohnnA1: 6:01am On May 11, 2022
rachytenny2:

Its not that way. It's like you feeling entitled to someone else's money just because he's your boyfriend or your brother. The truth is, even my brother owes me nothing. I shouldn't have this entitlement mentality that he has a responsibility to perform on me. We all have our cross to carry. Feeling that way can't make one grow. I hope you get it now?
No, no, I still don't get it undecided

I think if you included your phone number in your comment, then I'd understand.

Just kidding grin

I understand you now.

Good morning wink
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Meedon: 8:01am On May 11, 2022
Memento Mori - that is what life has taught me.
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by sexzymagic(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2022
Ladymogana:
Life taught me that all men are useless, that men are hypocrites, that men are not important to the world.

Chai, na who break this one heart, Nne endure .. all men no dey useless as ur ex & exes
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Allisgud: 9:39am On May 11, 2022
Ladymogana:
Life taught me that all men are useless, that men are hypocrites, that men are not important to the world.
hope u are not a diy girl because na somebody prick enter somebody toto before u are begotten
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Allisgud: 9:47am On May 11, 2022
Life taught me this . that if only u know that nobody care about u like u thought u will stop killing urself to please people,just stay away from alcohol drug, gambling and womanizing,also with fake friends

2 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by rhymesnoni(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

What do you guys mean by ur dads talking too much? Like give me an example, I just want to know if it also related to my dad, cos his attitude is a huge turn off always complaining to us and outsiders

He relates Family issues to every jick and jack who cares to know, he has no secret at all and it annoys me. even the most private thongs that shld be kept withing the family he must involve 3rd party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Slimkween: 1:21pm On May 11, 2022
Jmichael1:

i hv spent notin less than 250k jst to clear loan apps from january-april,and i'm still oweing 85k.

i don't want to pay any more,i'm tired....

make dem kukuma cum kill me 4 my house
I almost went into the worst form of depression ever. The threats and messages ahhh, I almost ran mad.
I actually came across a facebook group of people going through the same issue and I just became at peace. Although the interest is accruing I think I'm in a better place than before and whenever I have I'll pay back. They should do their worst.
They can't kill you jsyk.
But it's a great lesson I've learnt tho, after now never again. If I don't have, I don't.

3 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by dprincedej(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2022
There would always a more successful woman than you who is still willing to be submissive and support you. Always.
Only a fool would say that good women are scarce.

1 Like

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Shalayetv: 2:43pm On May 11, 2022
When insecurity or jealousy begins to surface, it can often appear harmless and somewhat adorable. But if it sinks its teeth too deep into the relationship, it can make you act out of character and harm the relationship. If that's the case and it's taking a toll on you and your partner, here's what you need to do.

Please subscribe to our channel to enable this video to reach more people for them to learn from these tips thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbM6C7lQt8I
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Teleprompter(f): 5:38pm On May 11, 2022
I’ve learnt that there is no such thing as Karma even though it is convenient to believe so.

2 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by donsheva: 8:24pm On May 11, 2022
pansophist:
Your parents are desperately hoping that you rescue them from chaos. They won't tell you directly because it will signify failure on their own part since they probably failed to rescue their own parents as well. As they grow older, their most desired wishes would be for you to take care of them as they've done to you at the very least, but it far transcends that. It is to build upon what they've built and carry the responsibility to strengthen the family and resurrect them from struggles that they couldn't defeat. The more successful and sophisticated a person you become, the happier they will be since their fulfillment is tied to your success. Don't disappoint them.
You should write a book on African philosophy.

3 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by pansophist(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2022
donsheva:
You should write a book on African philosophy.

Why you think I should?
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by GCFR: 8:42pm On May 11, 2022
Ladymogana:

Bitter female.
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by SoftBread01: 10:10pm On May 11, 2022
No one has it all together.

Many successful people went through hell before their situations changed for good.

Keep going... Keep trying... It will turn out fine for you!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 11, 2022
JohnnA1:
''FAMILY''

I dey fear that word except na my own (me + spouse + children) family.

And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household -- Math. 10:36

I have suffered things...

Only family can bring u down..

It's easy when you are the type that love family relative alot...

Be wise nnam

3 Likes

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by DonroxyII: 10:55pm On May 11, 2022
pansophist:
Your parents are desperately hoping that you rescue them from chaos. They won't tell you directly because it will signify failure on their own part since they probably failed to rescue their own parents as well. As they grow older, their most desired wishes would be for you to take care of them as they've done to you at the very least, but it far transcends that. It is to build upon what they've built and carry the responsibility to strengthen the family and resurrect them from struggles that they couldn't defeat. The more successful and sophisticated a person you become, the happier they will be since their fulfillment is tied to your success. Don't disappoint them.
On God!
Make I add small to make am Gbam:
Don't Dissapoint Yourself too:
Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by ABBEYsammy01(m): 1:43am On May 12, 2022
1. I have learnt that life is a rollercoaster, nothing last forever.

2. That your worst enemy can still be your best friend and vis vasa.

3. that race is not to the fastest runner, nor battle to the strong... but time and chances happened to everything...

4. that human beings are very wicked, including family members

5. don't go into marriage if you're not psychologically and emotionally matured to stand disappointment, marriage is a black market and is full of a lot of heartbreak ...

6. wealth has many family members but poverty is an orphan.

7. that people don't actually care how much you know until they know how much you care...

8. money is very very important in the journey of life and no one can take the place of mother in the life of her children, after God, the next thing to worship is our mothers.

9. it has taught me to completely destroy any form of entitlement mentality, because you must do virtually everything by own self.

10. that God can raise the worse beggar to sit among kings and princes.
God can turn situations around within a twinkle of an eye...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? by doscar(m): 5:19am On May 12, 2022
The underdogs always come out on top.

My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Near Death Experience / Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Woman Welcomes Triplets A Year After Losing Her Child (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.