Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,124 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:22 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5516076 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pitodenz(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
While i was converted to the dark side of fta,the light side still seem the best,i can remember those days that no day will pass without me having something to post here,now because fta has gone darker i left and join the bad gang.I have seen the extreme side of both dark and light and i ll tell you guys that the true fta enthusiasm is in the light side of the fta cos this where the fighting spirit is.
Pls obnelly send me the new available channels and frequency one can get from 2.4 motorized mesh down south here i have been out of the league for sometime,you may send it to my gmail,remember both ku and c band tps.
Am back and viva fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good to see you here brother.You may search for sammu post on " motorised 1.8m dish and above" he listed most of the tps for both c and ku band receivable in Nigeria.He did a good job there.you too can have a taste of it .Am happy you are back.Together we can lift this forum to international standard.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
all, ab7 sat can be gotten quickly using 80cm dish. Once u are able to track Sirius4 then tilt the dish upward a little BIT. use 10992 h 27500.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
ola na waha oooooooo long time no call,no post where all of una dey sef.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ pito

Great to know you are coming back

I also think you need to find the right balance.

Know you get the drift.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
olason:

all, ab7 sat can be gotten quickly using 80cm dish. Once u are able to track Sirius4 then tilt the dish upward a little BIT. use 10992 h 27500.
do u mean while still facing the east on sirius4 or move it westward on the same elevation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
pls can i use fstv dish to track this ab7. pls home i need your assistance . FTA 4 LIFE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
dish na dish my brother fstv,dstv,strong ,mytv,trend tv,even infinity tv dish all na the same .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
Kungu this mail is for you and all our brothers from east africa .Please can you track AB7 NWA beam in your area ?,if yes then what is the minimum dish size ,80cm or 90 cm .I want us to compare the signal strength with what you are getting on MENA.I guess we are missing a lot here if only mbcs can come to NWA beam we shall all have course to smile.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
@obnelly thanks
t means i can track ab7 on it
wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
obnelly:

Kungu this mail is for you and all our brothers from east africa .Please can you track AB7 NWA beam in your area ?,if yes then what is the minimum dish size ,80cm or 90 cm .I want us to compare the signal strength with what you are getting on MENA.I guess we are missing a lot here if only mbcs can come to NWA beam we shall all have course to smile.
Hi Obnelly, AB7 NWA beam is not trackable here, we are on the MENA beam which is achievable quite comfortably with 120cm dish, with a smaller dish you need a fancy and expensive 0.1db lnb.
The mbcs are on nilesat 201. For the best reception of both sats i use a 180cm prime focus dish and a prime focus fuji lnb. With expert skewing of the lnb you can also get AB2 and you will have killed 3 sats with 1 lnb. The total number of channels is staggering, over 650. The OSN package is also there but $ am yet to try their card on the ADMC reciever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
My brother Mwarawaa thanks a million for the update.For NWA beam to have covered the whole of west africa ,i think they have a better plan for us since jsc is on our beam now lets us pray some other channels pop up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ obnelly i agree with u & says amen to that prayer by the time we will have the likes of fox movie, play movie, mbc& the rest on 90cm nobody will beg big brother before they drop their suscription& aljazeera is likely to have the epl of middle east 4rm next season, so can u see what iam feeling,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
pitodenz:

While i was converted to the dark side of fta,the light side still seem the best,i can remember those days that no day will pass without me having something to post here,now because fta has gone darker i left and join the bad gang.I have seen the extreme side of both dark and light and i ll tell you guys that the true fta enthusiasm is in the light side of the fta cos this where the fighting spirit is.
Pls obnelly send me the new available channels and frequency one can get from 2.4 motorized mesh down south here i have been out of the league for sometime,you may send it to my gmail,remember both ku and c band tps.
Am back and viva fta.
@ pitodez wellcome back as u can see army go army come barack will still remain, but a little bit of dark side to conplement fta is the best , i hope u get my drift.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2012
@pitodenz,
It's been quite a while, brother. Your situation is a test case of what the dark side can do to former gurus. It not only kills innovation but also makes you lazy to try out new things. Imagine yourself who used to be a highly esteemed early founder of this forum whom other younger ones look unto now asking someone to send you tracking frequencies! Now I'm sure most new crop of members here will find it difficult to recognize you just because you have been away for too long! Lesson: In FTA as well as in life being absent means being forgotten! Its the reason why I never want to have anything to do with the dark side.

Now that your back to the light, I advise you remain in the light else if you decide to go back to the dark side, you risk becoming irrevant as FTA technology passes you by! Just my two cents!

Welcome back!!!

EDITED
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2012
George_D:

@pitodenz,
It's been quite a while, brother. Your situation is a test case of what the dark side can do to former gurus. It not only kills innovation
but also makes you lazy to try out new things. Imagine yourself who used to be a highly esteemed early founder of this forum
whom other younger ones look unto now asking someone to send you tracking frequencies! Now I'm sure most new crop of members
here will find it difficult to recognize you just because you have been away for too long! Lesson: In FTA as well as in life being absent
means being forgotten! Its the reason why I never want to have anything to do with the dark side.

Now that your back to the light, I advise you remain in the light else if you decide to go back to the dark side, you risk becoming
irrevant as FTA technology passes you by! Just my two cents!

Welcome back!!!
GEORGE D,with the BB exploitation, the "Dark side" makes sense now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ilish:

GEORGE D,with the BB exploitation, the "Dark side" makes sense now

@Ilish,
If you like it, then pay for it. If you cannot afford it then maybe you don't need it in the first place.

You know as well as I do that there are many good FTA alternatives to BB packages. You only
need to know the right places to look. Information is king. Code!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ray1251(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
Can i use 90cm to track nilesat because i stay in the ilorin i use a 0.1db lnb ,on dstv i get 99% quality and with 60cm on astra2b i get 99% quality also,but i have never tracked w7 pls can u give me the mostpowerful nilesat frq thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ray, 4 nilesat at ur end, u'll need at least 180cm pan or fibre dish. I will not say it is impossible 2 nail it with ur 90cm cos nothing is impossible. W7 is d same as dstv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
I hav seen many pple run to the dark side and run out after getting their hands burnt! Many others r running here and there looking 4 1 software or the other. Some nearly got high bp when their money went down the drain all in the name of 'dark side' here we have peace of mind, freebies come and go but fta remains for ever and ever
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
True talk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ameboperoo.
That is well said.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 4:10pm On Feb 22, 2012
ilish what birds are you able to nail and were about in zambia are you?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
I hear you GeargeD. It boggles my mind why anyone in west, north or East Africa would want to be on the dark side. You have nilesat 201, 101, AB7, Yahsat and a certain astra ABD which only shines on that side. With a big dish you can even get hotbird. But with us further down south of the equarter we only have religious and music channels here. The choice is either BB or the dark side.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
trek4000:

ilish what birds are you able to nail and were about in zambia are you?
Almost all satellites trackable in Africa except Yahsat 1R,Badr,Astra 2b,W6,AB7 and NSS7 ku,
Ameboperoo:

I hav seen many pple run to the dark side and run out after getting their hands burnt! Many others r running here and there looking 4 1 software or the other. Some nearly got high bp when their money went down the drain all in the name of 'dark side' here we have peace of mind, freebies come and go but fta remains for ever and ever
The dark side will forever be there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Lunsat:

I hear you GeargeD. It boggles my mind why anyone in west, north or East Africa would want to be on the dark side. You have nilesat 201, 101, AB7, Yahsat and a certain astra ABD which only shines on that side. With a big dish you can even get hotbird. But with us further down south of the equarter we only have religious and music channels here. The choice is either BB or the dark side.
Indeed bro,them are lucky to be near Europe and Middle East but us we rely on SABC and Btv.No one in their right frame of mind enjoys being on the Dark SIDE but circumstances (cash) beyond our pockets drives us there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
Botwsana tv on Intel 10 ku at 68.5E tp 12573 V 3111.Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pls help. What is the right dish size for badr, the one that can track admc sports channels. How much is hummax decoder and where can I get it? Location is lagos Nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
All rescan 4 multi xtra @28e multi tv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kombats: 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
pls, can anybody in the house comfirm tracking of AB7 sat with 90cm. I want to give it a try this weekend. Thanks wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
I tried AB7 @7W for 8 hrs with 90cm dish from Benin city, I could not hit green. Detail proceedure would be appreciated. The dish is currently on Sirius 4 & W3a two ln one setuw
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2012
Lunsat:

I hear you GeargeD. It boggles my mind why anyone in west, north or East Africa would want to be on the dark side. You have nilesat 201, 101, AB7, Yahsat and a certain astra ABD which only shines on that side. With a big dish you can even get hotbird,
The reason is because of the A.S.A.S problem. You know, human beings are insatiable. No matter what we have on our recievers, we will always hunt for new rubbish channels that just emerged. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.