Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,221 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5515966 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
I have noticed one thing when blind scanning using 4930 HD, it repeats the same channel with dead frequences at the end.Try it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2012
Ilish:

I have noticed one thing when blind scanning using 4930 HD, it repeats the same channel with dead frequences at the end.Try it
I noted this sometime back, especially on KU band (w4, w3c, etc). You blind scan, you get channels and others are repeated but with no signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2012
Peeps pls try 11227 v/h 27500 on AB7 on 7west and give us feed back. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2012
i tried it but no signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 1:07am On Feb 26, 2012
The Digital Sole Thieves (DST*) or BB, whatever you call them cannot do anything if those channels should migrate to NWA beam. North west africa is an open market for anybody to do business. If those nice channels beams on our region, hmm!, the digital sole thieves are going to loose a lot. I remember in those days when they were no copetitor to them, they were selling their customised reciever that cannot be used on another satellite at the rate of 50 000 naira ($323) but when Mytv came, everything changed. When their sister (MTN) came to Naija, they milked us dry. They sold their simcard at the rate of 40 000 naira ($259) but now, it is being sold at about 67 cent not even up to a dollar and this is because they have a lot of competitors. So in nutshell, if the Arabs really meant business, the digital sole thieves cannot stop them.

@D.Lee and Auchs:
If I catch your drift BB packages went down when they got a competitor in the market. That's right and if the MBC and sports packages that may make their way into the NWA beam of AB7 remain encrypted, then no shaking for BB because they know that they can hold their own with any tom, dick and harry on this turf of theirs. But, make ee come b say those juicy stuffs troop in fta, lai lai to lai lai, sparks will start flying. Just watch and see!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:54am On Feb 26, 2012
@ lovala, the Arabs don't normally encrypt their channels except some of their sports channels. AB7 is meant to have 54 trasponders but about 44 of it are active for now. Lets hope that about 5 more trasponders will be added for NWA beam and if so we will be happy about that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 8:42am On Feb 26, 2012
Ilish:

Pidzo:

I noted this sometime back, especially on KU band (w4, w3c, etc). You blind scan, you get channels and others are repeated but with no signal

Hi Ilish,Pidzo
Connect your receiver directly to your dish and see if that will happen.The answer will be no.This is because the effect is usually caused by interference from the different satellite dishes you've connected to your receiver.This can even cause you to loose some frequencies especially when you blindscan (ie.Your receiver will not be able to see some frequencies). Your results will therefore not be a true blindscan.

Causes
*Deteriorating Diseqc switch
*A fried disecq port
*Using all satellites most of the time rather than selecting the satellite you are watching at one particular time(This opens all the ports in your diseqc switch leaving the other ports working whiles they are not needed)
*A weak Tuner
*Bad coaxial cable

Solution
Most at times the problem will be from the diseqc switch rather than the Tuner of your satellite receiver. However you must remember if you do not replace your diseqc switch,you will effectively have to replace the diseqc switch and the satellite receiver tuner.The coaxial cable on the other hand rarely is the cause but if you've been using it for quite a long time,i might want to think about changing it.Hope this helps.

*On this note,how much does an 8 way or 16 way diseqc switch cost in Nigeria?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2012
@ auchs, I sent you mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2012
swordswifter:

Hi Ilish,Pidzo
Connect your receiver directly to your dish and see if that will happen.The answer will be no.This is because the effect is usually caused by interference from the different satellite dishes you've connected to your receiver.This can even cause you to loose some frequencies especially when you blindscan (ie.Your receiver will not be able to see some frequencies). Your results will therefore not be a true blindscan.

Causes
*Deteriorating Diseqc switch
*A fried disecq port
*Using all satellites most of the time rather than selecting the satellite you are watching at one particular time(This opens all the ports in your diseqc switch leaving the other ports working whiles they are not needed)
*A weak Tuner
*Bad coaxial cable

Solution
Most at times the problem will be from the diseqc switch rather than the Tuner of your satellite receiver. However you must remember if you do not replace your diseqc switch,you will effectively have to replace the diseqc switch and the satellite receiver tuner.The coaxial cable on the other hand rarely is the cause but if you've been using it for quite a long time,i might want to think about changing it.Hope this helps.

*On this note,how much does an 8 way or 16 way diseqc switch cost in Nigeria?
Am using a 10port diseque switch and currently 2 ports are unused.Am going to try blindscaning without diseque switch so as I eliminate a problem individually.Thanx bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2012
Ilish:

Am using a 10port diseque switch and currently 2 ports are unused.Am going to try blindscaning without diseque switch so as I eliminate a problem individually.Thanx bro                                                                                           

@Ilish
It's a very good idea but the problem with most diseqc switches is that when one port begins to malfunction,it turns to affect all the other ports.They might work for a while but in the end the problem returns again.I will still encourage you to still undertake your research too so you can find out for yourself and also confirm my results.Who knows,maybe you will find out something else i missed and then you can teach me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2012
Good day all kindly rescan your decorder for peace TV on multi tv frq.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
Confirmed. peace tv on multi tv.

with the addition of new stations i hope they will go scramble soon?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2012
@swordwifter my good friend long time i hear 4rm u even @ the other side hope all is well ? How is wakilo& the rest, 8ways disec is 1500 naira and 16ways is 2800 @ alaba international mkt in lagos, kindly still put me in mind 4 the link iam going for 4930str hd hope u get my drift.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
Adex70:

@swordwifter my good friend long time i hear 4rm u even @ the other side hope all is well ? How is wakilo& the rest, 8ways disec is 1500 naira and 16ways is 2800 @ alaba international mkt in lagos, kindly still put me in mind 4 the link iam going for 4930str hd hope u get my drift.

Thanks Adex,
I will contact you at the other side by the close of business day tomorrow so we can talk more.What are some of the brands by the way?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
is it possible to watch nwa and mena beam with one lnb at the same time, if so,how do i go abt it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ALL Rascan you 28.2e astra 2b multi tv and get PEACE TV,fo IRON l copy you.Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2012
swordswifter:

@Ilish
It's a very good idea but the problem with most diseqc switches is that when one port begins to malfunction,it turns to affect all the other ports.They might work for a while but in the end the problem returns again.I will still encourage you to still undertake your research too so you can find out for yourself and also confirm my results.Who knows,maybe you will find out something else i missed and then you can teach me.
Thanks Swordswifter for the detailed analysis. I have recently changed my diseqc switch and cable but bearing in mind the quality of gadgets we get from China I don't rule out the possibility of one of them being faulty. My observation has been that this anomaly happens to me on some satellites like W3c (ku), W4/7 (ku), etc but rarely on C band (although it happens)! We (with Ilish) will try to found the way out  wink wink

gadotor:

@ALL Rascan you 28.2e astra 2b multi tv and get PEACE TV,Thank you
Thanks. Looks like Lanceosas posted about this a few moments ago. May be you missed his update!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sweetsudan(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
Hi gurus pls i really want to hunt ds AB 7 west but i want to know d type of lnb to use either k or c band pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
Sweetsudan:

Hi gurus pls i really want to hunt ds AB 7 west but i want to know d type of lnb to use either k or c band pls help
   @ Sweetsudan, you need ku lnbf to track AB7. If you're from Sudan then you will need like 1m to recieve everything there including all the channels from nilesat but you are not going to receive channels meant for NWA beam on AB7 with that size of dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
This ab7 looks promising and interesting but i am a little bit sceptical anyway about it, though i will give it a trial by changing my W3a that is after my team must ve crashed out of fa and champions league with the smallboy experiment not working
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osef(m): 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
I really mean to ask for those that already have the bird ab7 if there is any sport package as in what rodiguez (mbc) and joy sport offer us as regards to premeirship, Fa and champions league,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
Gurus in d house,which lnb skew shld i tweak on to receive aljazera sport 1,2 and global as fta using 1m dish and 0.1db fuji hd lnb?pls i nid ur reply fast
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sweetsudan(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
Please gurus i don dey try to get ab7 since but no show. I dont know it ought to show but i know that it would back w7. Pls any advice on how to track it step by step. I know get any gadjet o. That is no campass. I'm in lagos. Please help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sweetsudan(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2012
Please gurus i don dey try to get ab7 since but no show. I dont know it ought to show but i know that it would back w7. Pls any advice on how to track it step by step. I know get any gadjet o. That is no campass. I'm in lagos. I dey outside my house right now. Please help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizz: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2012
Try using dis tp 11158V 20000
Presently for me the aljazeera only comes up very early say 6-7:30
Try tracking 22Ku west, Its located just to the left of 22ku west.(standing @ d back of ur dish)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
INTELSAT NEW DAWN is coming to life slowly, try 11015 H 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
Ilish:

INTELSAT NEW DAWN is coming to life slowly, try 11015 H 30000
any english programing? give us a hint how many channels have come up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
etcwest:

any english programing? give us a hint how many channels have come up
not yet,just 23 inactive channel and 1 showing in germany language.Nothing special
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
Pidzo:

Thanks Swordswifter for the detailed analysis. I have recently changed my diseqc switch and cable but bearing in mind the quality of gadgets we get from China I don't rule out the possibility of one of them being faulty. My observation has been that this anomaly happens to me on some satellites like W3c (ku), W4/7 (ku), etc but rarely on C band (although it happens)! We (with Ilish) will try to found the way out wink wink

Pidzo
If you bought a diseqc switch of the same brand as the one you previously used,then you might want to try a different manufacturer(bearing in mind you have a high affinity for chinese goods).Try and buy quality and save yourself from headaches.As for your symptoms they are exactly as you described it.Sometimes you'll even be scanning Astra 2b and you'll see frequencies of Sirius 4 popping up.After the scan you'll go to those channels and they are dead.I see it all the time and the problem is caused by either a faulty diseqc switch or a weak IF tuner.Try out all your tests and your results will be either one of these two.You can even try a different receiver if you want.You will still come to the same conclusion.The information is now in your hands.Do with it as you please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2012
Good evenin all,
Some people in d west are complainin about trackin ab7,
This has to do wit d footprint,because i do remember when i tried trackin w6 @ 21e. But couldn't hit green even with 1.8m pan while those in west can get it wit 60cm, keep on tryin nothing is impossible,
BTW peace tv is from shalom tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sweetsudan(m): 12:35am On Feb 27, 2012
I've finally gotten ab7 but its almost useless because i gave up multi tv and w7 2 in 1 for it. Pls anybody with dcw keys for the jsc sport channels? Mail me at jerry2simps@yahoo.com.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 5:12am On Feb 27, 2012
@ALL, SRT 4930 HD BLINDSCAN PROBLEM.
The problem is a software issue and not hardware. All strong patches(the ones that give u strong white screen while booting) upto 1.23p with boot version 5.40 has this problem of giving multiple frequencies and in some cases skipping known frequencies when blindscanning. The solution is to load mytv 1.07p software of 04/07/2011 which has a boot version of 6.0, this patch blindscan thoroughly and corrects the conflict btw 1music and optimal sport on ab3.
The above is my personal experience with srt4930hd
@Illish, pidzo take note

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.