Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:53 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5516014 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:06am On Feb 27, 2012
sammu:

@ALL, SRT 4930 HD BLINDSCAN PROBLEM.
The problem is a software issue and not hardware. All strong patches(the ones that give u strong white screen while booting) upto 1.23p with boot version 5.40 has this problem of giving multiple frequencies and in some cases skipping known frequencies when blindscanning. The solution is to load mytv 1.07p software of 04/07/2011 which has a boot version of 6.0, this patch blindscan thoroughly and corrects the conflict btw 1music and optimal sport on ab3.
The above is my personal experience with srt4930hd
@Illish, pidzo take note
Thanks Oga Sammu for the technical explanation. This some how explains this anomaly coz if I remember very well I initially didn't have this problem. Let me see if I will enjoy the yellow boot screen (I just like the white STRONG boot screen)grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2012
sammu:

The problem is a software issue and not hardware. All strong patches(the ones that give u strong white screen while booting) upto 1.23p with boot version 5.40 has this problem of giving multiple frequencies and in some cases skipping known frequencies when blindscanning. The solution is to load mytv 1.07p software of 04/07/2011 which has a boot version of 6.0, this patch blindscan thoroughly and corrects the conflict btw 1music and optimal sport on ab3.
The above is my personal experience with srt4930hd
@Illish, pidzo take note  
pls my guy and saummu where can i get 1.07p software.to download for my 4930hd or you send it to my email ake197477@yahoo.co.uk i will like to remove the 1.23p software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:11am On Feb 27, 2012
Ilish:

not yet,just 23 inactive channel and 1 showing in germany language.Nothing special
Thanks for the update bro. wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2012

rahsumt:

pls my guy and saummu where can i get 1.07p software.to download for my 4930hd or you send it to my email ake197477@yahoo.co.uk i will like to remove the 1.23p software.

Those thinking of reverting to 1.07p status for SRT 4930 HD can get this software here: http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=d89da4e57d9fcdb164ec9d38e30a22c1&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 11:27am On Feb 27, 2012
thank u pidzo for posting the link. this site too is good-
_www.wizkid.persiangig.com, click on patch 4 africa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2012
SAMMU,thank you bro.I tried what Swordswiffter suggest but the problem persisted.Am going to try downgrading it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
ETHIOPIA ETV now f.t.a on atlantic bird 3 5°w. enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rahsumt(m): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2012
sammu:

thank u pidzo for posting the link. this site too is good-
_www.wizkid.persiangig.com, click on patch 4 africa

thanx both summu and pidzo i have download the software from that site and i have used it work, i can BLINDSCAN PROBLEM now without any problem or double the channels or not showing any channel after blindscan, thanx my brothers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
@ All, I know that we're on break and I just wanna wish everybody happy break time grin grin grin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
Africa 24 on w3a but no video nd audio, any solution 4 it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Farwee(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
I was able to hit green on AB7 all thanks to everybody on dis thread but after scaning for d channels i got all 14 channels, i tried alajaz card on d jsc sports but not showing, anybody who has tried it should pls coment. TenQ
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2012
Who has used a dongle for offline filegrabbing on w3a?I need help.Email me at wma21st@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 29, 2012
Farwee:

I was able to hit green on AB7 all thanks to everybody on dis thread but after scaning for d channels i got all 14 channels, i tried alajaz card on d jsc sports but not showing, anybody who has tried it should pls coment. TenQ
it works.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:45am On Feb 29, 2012
@ auchs, did you see the mail I sent to you?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 8:37am On Feb 29, 2012
@moderator i knw dat here is not d right place to market but pls permite me only dis once.(I have bold3 for sale @ affordable price reach me on 08034837521 or sambass2003@yahoo.com. First come first serve 25k last)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 3:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
pls sat can i get cnn and bbc on fta thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segunfms(m): 3:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
@osagiemma

Astra 2b on 28 degree east. there you will get all multitv package free to air with ur CNN an BBC free
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
sambass:

@moderator i knw dat here is not d right place to market but pls permite me only dis once.(I have bold3 for sale @ affordable price reach me on 08034837521 or sambass2003@yahoo.com. First come first serve 25k last)

@sambass,
You should try the technology market thread.

I'm sure you'd get a better audience there:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-54.0.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 6:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
Guy thx but is there whr i can get it wit mpeg 2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
@osagiemma,
You can get BBC world, CNN, Aljazeera, France 24 etc MPEG 2 signals on Nilesat
or Badr.
However you will need a big size dish (btw 1.8m to 3m) depending on your location.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timosat(m): 9:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Al Jazeera bid 'realistic' for English Premier League

Rebecca Hawkes | 29-02-2012

An approach by Al Jazeera Sport for the UK rights to broadcast live English Premier League football is to be expected, says Ross Hair, managing director of ESPN UK.

"We're expecting another Premier League auction in April or May. An Al Jazeera bid is a realistic option," he told the London Evening Standard.

"They have done something very interesting in France in buying first division football against the incumbent satellite broadcaster Canal Plus and we've also looked at what they've done in other markets.

"You can draw parallels with the upcoming auction in the UK. Al Jazeera have the ambition to grow further in sport and into other markets," Hair added.

Pay-TV operators Sky Sports and the Walt Disney-owned ESPN currently hold the rights to broadcast live Premier League matches in the UK. This domestic rights deal has earned the Premier League £1.782 billion over three years.

Al Jazeera declined to comment on the mounting speculation linking the Qatar-based network to a bid for the UK rights to the English Premier League.

In December the outfit bought the broadcasting rights to French Ligue 1 and the UEFA Champions League within France, and has since added UEFA Euro 2012 and Euro 2016 to its increasingly impressive football portfolio for France.

Al Jazeera Sport currently also holds the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) rights for the FA Cup and also the UEFA Champions League - coverage of which is anchored by Gary Lineker and produced by ITV in London. It will also be the exclusive broadcaster across the Arab world for the FIFA World Cup in 2014, 2018 and 2022.

Rival Gulf company Abu Dhabi Media, owner of the Abu Dhabi Sports pay-TV channels, currently holds the exclusive MENA rights to the English Premier League. However, Al Jazeera Sport is also expected to bid for the rights to show the prestigious English football league across the Arab world when overseas bidding for the 2013-14 season begins.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 1:40am On Mar 01, 2012
D.lee:

@ All, I know that we're on break and I just wanna wish everybody happy break time grin grin grin.

boss i don't think we are on break but those to heat here are busy or kept there invention
you could see recently how some gurus post some of their invention and this forum close page every day.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:36am On Mar 01, 2012
sokopion:

boss i don't think we are on break but those to heat here are busy or kept there invention
you could see recently how some gurus post some of their invention and this forum close page every day.   

Hey bro, we were really on break at the time I made that posting and that we were on break does n't mean that we were not active but we were on break to refresh our brain and regain energy for further resarch and invention. You know, work without play makes Jack a dull boy. I hope got my gist bro.  grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 01, 2012
@d lee I've got no mail yet. Mine is splendoruc@yahoo.co.uk. We need to talk on phone cos I surely hope to visit on saturday morning.
      You've well said it bro. But jack is never a dull boy in fta. There is always a bird to hunt or a blind/auto/manual/open eye scan to  do to see a new channel limp-out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2012
Southern Africa to Lose Free Access to South African Programs on Satellite

Many Zimbabweans (and the whole of Southern Africa) currently accessing South African Broadcasting Corporation channels at no cost on so-called free-to-air satellite channels stand to lose them in a few months following a ruling by the South African High Court ordering stronger encryption.

The Johannesburg High Court last week ruled that Sentech, a television signal carrier, was "wrongful, negligent and in breach" for its failure to strongly encrypt its signal.

It ordered Sentech to take "all reasonable steps necessary" to properly encrypt SABC signals within three months to prevent pirate viewing of the channels.

The suit was brought by eBotswana, a subsidiary of eTV of South Africa.

Sentech can ask the court for an extension provided it can show "good cause" why such an extension would be justified. Sentech was ordered to pay eBotswana costs.

Viewers in Zimbabwe, Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi and Namibia have for years been accessing SABC news and other programs with inexpensive receivers.

The channels to be encrypted include SABC 1, 2 and 3 which also carry soaps like Generations, Muvhango and Zone 14 which have a huge following in Zimbabwe.

Other free to air channels will remain available. VOA will continue to broadcast the Studio 7 news program serving Zimbabweans on an Intelsat10 audio channel.

Satellite expert Simon Ellis told reporter Marvellous Mhlanga-Nyahuye that the loss of the SABC channels will affect a large number of Zimbabweans seeking an alternative to the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation, heavy on pro-ZANU-PF propaganda. cry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2012
D.lee:

Hey bro, we were really on break at the time I made that posting and that we were on break does n't mean that we were not active but we were on break to refresh our brain and regain energy for further resarch and invention. You know, work without play makes Jack a dull boy. I hope got my gist bro.  grin grin grin

yes boss is true am in your basket .i really get you well now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by manyax(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pidzo:

Southern Africa to Lose Free Access to South African Programs on Satellite

Many Zimbabweans (and the whole of Southern Africa) currently accessing South African Broadcasting Corporation channels at no cost on so-called free-to-air satellite channels stand to lose them in a few months following a ruling by the South African High Court ordering stronger encryption.

The Johannesburg High Court last week ruled that Sentech, a television signal carrier, was "wrongful, negligent and in breach" for its failure to strongly encrypt its signal.

It ordered Sentech to take "all reasonable steps necessary" to properly encrypt SABC signals within three months to prevent pirate viewing of the channels.

The suit was brought by eBotswana, a subsidiary of eTV of South Africa.

Sentech can ask the court for an extension provided it can show "good cause" why such an extension would be justified. Sentech was ordered to pay eBotswana costs.

Viewers in Zimbabwe, Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi and Namibia have for years been accessing SABC news and other programs with inexpensive receivers.

The channels to be encrypted include SABC 1, 2 and 3 which also carry soaps like Generations, Muvhango and Zone 14 which have a huge following in Zimbabwe.

Other free to air channels will remain available. VOA will continue to broadcast the Studio 7 news program serving Zimbabweans on an Intelsat10 audio channel.

Satellite expert Simon Ellis told reporter Marvellous Mhlanga-Nyahuye that the loss of the SABC channels will affect a large number of Zimbabweans seeking an alternative to the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation, heavy on pro-ZANU-PF propaganda. cry

Pidzo you are da man big up bro !!!!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
@george D i was getting it wit my 1.8 on nile sat but its nt showing any more
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
I was trying to search for any update on Ab7 on 90cm when i discover all have been changed to Eutelsat 7 and all named as west African beam,
Currently my dish is pointing toward 16east ( w3c ),n im presently nt @ home,
if your dish is pointed @ 7west on 90cm,pls try do a blindscan and pls give report back to d house, jst hope good news comes out ooooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
@All
Remember that today Eutelsat has changed names for all its satellite fleet as I informed the house weeks ago. Get used to the new names to avoid confusion and missing out on the goodies grin grin
Visit: www.eutelsat.com/satellites/eutelsat-satellites.html for the new names.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
Townjuju_ you've got a reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.