Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,223 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5515972 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
What is happening to picture quality kktv,why is it bring out cartoonlike image.Is that 3d image?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:17am On Mar 02, 2012
Hey Guys:

I know many out there must have been wondering about alternatives to recording their favorite programs from their DVB boxes. If you don't have an external storage device (hard disks, multimedia cards, usb flash memories, etc.) or a DVB card for PC just:

1. Get an install a normal TV card on your PC or lap top;
2. Get yourself an AV/RF converter. Any tv shack can have it.
3. Connect the AV out of the decoder to the AV in of the AV/RF converter.
4. Connect the RF out of the AV/RF converter to the RF in of the TV card on the PC or lappie.
5. use any TV capture application to do the rest for you.

Happy recording of your favorite programs for posterity. Hope this helps those who'd been in need of this info.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 02, 2012
Lovala whats the name of the tv capture app that you use for the dongle
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2012
auchs:

Lovala whats the name of the tv capture app that you use for the dongle

@auchs:
I am using Mercury TV card 7130 and Ulead Video Studio v10 as the capture apps. But any normal TV card you find around whether internal or external can do. And, I ain't talking about dongles. These works well with any DVB set up box helps record your favorite programs through your pc or lappie unto CDs or DVDs. Hop you catch my drive.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 10:46am On Mar 02, 2012
ilish i need your assistance i dont know on weather you had seen my post earlier on but i have a 2.4m dish and i have problems setting it in the arc so i only have Tz on intelsat 906 C band how should i go about it?Equally inform me which satellite to start with and how to proceed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2012
@all,pls i want to connect my strong 69z to be watched on two televisions in same building,how do i go about that though i've heard something of this nature on this thread but don't know how,any link,tutorial and instruments needed will be appreciated.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
yesterday night when PHCN brought light my srt 699XII power plug was connected to my extension, as soon as plug in my extension cable to d wall socket mehn i heard a funny sound(more like a spark). now my decoder refuses to ON, i guess power section in my decoder is burnt, but i'll be taking it to an electrician. am saying this so that if you are one of those like me who careless when nepa takes light and you refuse to unplug your power cable of your receiver, then you will learn the hard way, thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2012
Brite02:

yesterday night when PHCN brought light my srt 699XII power plug was connected to my extension, as soon as plug in my extension cable to d wall socket mehn i heard a funny sound(more like a spark). now my decoder refuses to ON, i guess power section in my decoder is burnt, but i'll be taking it to an electrician. am saying this so that if you are one of those like me who careless when nepa takes light and you refuse to unplug your power cable of your receiver, then you will learn the hard way, thank you.

Hi Brite02, sorry to learn about your srt69xii. please consider investing in surge protection equipment to cover you prescious satellite gear. remember the old adage that says protection is better than cure
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ALL no one is talking about nigcomsat any more. from what i learnt it ought to have started broadcasting last month but up till now no news. has it fallen out of the outer space again?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lov4sat(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
miju:

@ALL no one is talking about nigcomsat any more. from what i learnt it ought to have started broadcasting last month but up till now no news. has it fallen out of the outer space again?

Maybe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
trek4000:

ilish i need your assistance i dont know on weather you had seen my post earlier on but i have a 2.4m dish and i have problems setting it in the arc so i only have Tz on intelsat 906 C band how should i go about it?Equally inform me which satellite to start with and how to proceed.
Trek4000,am yet to learn the art of motorising dish.My big bro Lunsat,Pidzo and small bro King411 might be of help.Am installing my ku HH motor in the next 2 weeks and will have to contact Ihacked.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
mwarawaa:

Hi Brite02, sorry to learn about your srt69xii. please consider investing in surge protection equipment to cover you prescious satellite gear. remember the old adage that says protection is better than cure

THANK YOU, BRO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
Al Jazeera expands over Africa
By Robert Briel
March 1, 2012 12.50 Europe/London

CABSAT 2012 – DUBAI. Al Jazeera has signed a new capacity contract with Eutelsat to expand its coverage over Africa.

The broadcaster is leasing capacity on the Eutelsat 7 West A satellite (formerly Atlantic Bird 7) located at 7 degrees West. It enables Al Jazeera to extend coverage across North West Africa to Morocco and as far as Nigeria.

Broadcasts have already begun, with nine channels operational, including the flagship Al Jazeera news channels in Arabic and English, as well as documentary, children’s and sports channels.

In service since October 2011, the Eutelsat 7 West A satellite has strengthened Eutelsat’s commercial response to broadcasters operating across the Middle East and North Africa. The satellite’s widebeam delivers unmatched performance and coverage into over 30 million homes, while the new North-West Africa footprint opens the opportunity for channels to further consolidate their reach.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2012
Good news,
good times are definately here, grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
Brite02:

Unplugging electrical equipments when their is power failure/outage by PHCN, is not a precaution to avoid electrical appliances been damaged by high voltage.Get yourself a good automatic electrical voltage stabilizer. your receiver has been hit by high voltage. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
miju:

@ miju, its so sad and dissappointing that the management of Nigcomsat-1r have failled the Nigerians and the whole of Africa. The satellite suppose to be operational at the first week of february. I saw their jingle last five days ago on national network news and I listend to hear when Nigcomsat will be operational but they never mentioned it. Could it be that Digital Sole Thieves bribed them to delay their operation or what? Anything is possible in 9ja. Even if they did, the Arabs have come to rescues us from the hand of the Digital Sole Thieve
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ODILIBE. You are definitely right. @KUNGU, thats definitely goodnews.

na GOD go help us for this our nigcomsat 1r.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Kungu:

Al Jazeera expands over Africa
By Robert Briel
March 1, 2012 12.50 Europe/London

CABSAT 2012 – DUBAI. Al Jazeera has signed a new capacity contract with Eutelsat to expand its coverage over Africa.

The broadcaster is leasing capacity on the Eutelsat 7 West A satellite (formerly Atlantic Bird 7) located at 7 degrees West. It enables Al Jazeera to extend coverage across North West Africa to Morocco and as far as Nigeria.

Broadcasts have already begun, with nine channels operational, including the flagship Al Jazeera news channels in Arabic and English, as well as documentary, children’s and sports channels.

In service since October 2011, the Eutelsat 7 West A satellite has strengthened Eutelsat’s commercial response to broadcasters operating across the Middle East and North Africa. The satellite’s widebeam delivers unmatched performance and coverage into over 30 million homes, while the new North-West Africa footprint opens the opportunity for channels to further consolidate their reach.

let's hope they will treat us as they doing to the ARABS

@Brite02, sorry brother. odilibe's suggestion is the best. the only inconvinience is waiting a few minutes when power returns after lights out. that's a lesser devil than having your precious receiver blown off
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 12:52am On Mar 03, 2012
@all.we should 4get about the nigcomsat 1r satellite because he cant over us anything small time now same story would follow that he lost in space again like others if its fuel price now or 50 trilion dollas for renovation they can easily anounce that one.selfish government
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 12:56am On Mar 03, 2012
Gud news about al jazeera i pray nigeria people dont confuse them to be like dsthieves
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:27am On Mar 03, 2012
Intelsat New Dawn debuts in Africa

By Robert Briel
March 2, 2012 09.07 Europe/London

Intelsat is launching its New Dawn Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Africa.

As part of the IntelsatONE terrestrial network, the platform provides a cost-effective solution for both regional and international programmers wishing to expand their distribution to cable and DTH services across sub-Saharan Africa.

GlobeCast will provide ground and uplink services for the platform from its facility in Johannesburg, South Africa. Customers can contribute content to the platform from anywhere in the world, either via Intelsat’s global satellite fleet and the IntelsatONE network, or through the five-continent GlobeCast backbone network.

The Intelsat New Dawn MCPC media platform is Intelsat’s fourth Ku-band MCPC platform on the IntelsatONE network, bringing to 16 the total number of Intelsat MCPC platforms.

The platform is based on DVB-S2 modulation and MPEG-4 compression technology, and can be received with sub-1 meter antennas in much of its coverage area.

“One of the most exciting things about this new platform is that our broadcast customers can now uplink directly from Africa to a prime position for the DTH market in our region of the world,” said Alan Hird, CEO of GlobeCast Africa, in a statement. “With our global satellite capacities and fiber network, the content can easily come from anywhere worldwide to GlobeCast’s facility in Johannesburg. We expect this to quickly become a key neighbourhood for broadcasters in Africa.”

“The new Intelsat New Dawn MCPC platform offers programmers in Africa and throughout the world complete end-to-end solutions for delivering content to their affiliates and consumers in sub-Saharan Africa,” said Jon Osler, Intelsat’s managing director for Africa.

“The addition of this platform supports entry for new channel carriers and adds to our global portfolio of content distribution solutions.”
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:41am On Mar 03, 2012
@ Kungu, thanks for the update. You really did some nice work.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 6:46am On Mar 03, 2012
Gudmorning all,please what channels can i get on atlantic bird7 at 7*w.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 03, 2012
Can i use 60cm or 90cm dish to track the new frequencies on eutelsat 7A
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2012
Adetayo100:

Can i use 60cm or 90cm dish to track the new frequencies on eutelsat 7A
90cm is ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 03, 2012
France 24 English version, A tv, is now on intelsat 7/10 ku. lets watch while it lasts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2012
Gurus in the house, pls has anybody been able to nail w3c that's setanta africa with 60cm dish in Enugu. Mine has refused to hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 10:15am On Mar 03, 2012
Guys i just blind scanned my decorder on intelsat 906 C and found that there is a new channel for Sport called sport 24 it looks good.Try it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2012
Lunsat,Pidzo or King411 can you Guyz pliz help me align my 2.4 m dish i have only managed to get intelsat 906 C with no other satellite in the arc.I'm in Zambia and i will really appreciate your help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lexxybb: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2012
@auchs, What's d freq and symbol rate
auchs:

France 24 English version, A tv, is now on intelsat 7/10 ku. lets watch while it lasts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2012
@all MGM Portugal is now open on Intelsat w4/7 .its appearing as 1music.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2012
auchs:

am pretty sure France 24 English is new to west Africa.in southern Africa we have been receiving it for some years now together with the SABC"s. anyway lets hope A tv is of any good

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.