Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,100 members, 7,903,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5533806 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (2354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:01pm On May 22, 2012
Tired of paying dstv then get 4.5m dish and motorise it put cband and ku band i bet it with you u will never regret it.big ugly dish is for sat lovers.i read from tele magzzine zbout a 70yrs old man in hungary who interest still is still in satellite tv..his handlying 6m dish.they are all over the world.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 8:18pm On May 22, 2012
Please i need your professional advice on AB7.How many stations can i get on it and is it advisable to use 90cm to track nilesat.

Hoping to read from you asap

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:00pm On May 22, 2012
sorry u cant track nilesat with 90cm only if you are inside the foot print.Here in Nigeria we are out side the foot print but nevertheless you can use a bigger dish to track nilesat .Atlantic bird 7 is your best bet .channels are aljazeera news and some arabic channels and aljazeera sport 1,2,9 and 10.also you have arryadia 90cm is ok for north west africa beam.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2012
obnelly: sorry u cant track nilesat with 90cm only if you are inside the foot print.Here in Nigeria we are out side the foot print but nevertheless you can use a bigger dish to track nilesat .Atlantic bird 7 is your best bet .channels are aljazeera news and some arabic channels and aljazeera sport 1,2,9 and 10.also you have arryadia 90cm is ok for north west africa beam.
confirmed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 9:27pm On May 22, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2012
BIG BROTHER IS FREE NOW ENJOY IT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2012
olofofo: @george

I still enjoy my big ugly dish, but more on hotbird than on nilesat..

it seems like nilesat has better fta channels than hotbird ,but more scrambled channels are on hotbird than nilesat,i can now imagine what you mean. hahahaha!!!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:05pm On May 22, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 11:24pm On May 22, 2012
I hacked pls Confirm my email: mbapelvis@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 11:33pm On May 22, 2012
I hacked thank you for waking up our elders!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 3:03am On May 23, 2012
odilibe: it seems like nilesat has better fta channels than hotbird ,but more scrambled channels are on hotbird than nilesat,i can now imagine what you mean. hahahaha!!!!
I feel him too, u know hotbird has got lots of european providers on board than nile. BUD is where fta really is.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fadola2: 6:37am On May 23, 2012
Ab3, animaux & others on w3c use 12605h29950
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by salamander(m): 7:20am On May 23, 2012
Well, some of us have not posted anything here for a long time but been following events in the house. As a sat enthusiast, I believe I should also say something regarding the recent debate in the house.

People have so many interests. Some collects stamps, some socks, some antics, etc,etc. We have decided to become FTA hobbyists. What some people fail to understand is that, it is not that some people on the forum cannot go for paytv. But as I indicated it is something they've decided to do at their free time. One even has to consider the cost of equipment. I remembered some year's back someone posted a hobbyist in South Africa FTA setup - it is almost like a space station!

We have all in one way or the other involved ourselves in the illegalities. But a real joy in FTA hobby is the discoveries of new ideas, and the challenges that pose to the hobbyist. And that is the spirit of it all!

Sathob at a point started a thread on solar energy. I wonder how many of us has taken interest in that part. Let's us all share ideas that will work. After all, the paytv companies are not also sleeping - they are always finding ways to stop the leaks in their system. Remembered what happened to dongles sometime back when it stopped working - everyone went besek! And what people tend to forget is that, it is illegal and when caught one will face the music. Paytv companies are losing revenues and they will do everything possible to get the culprits!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:46am On May 23, 2012
Egbirin ote ba tin pa kan nikan ru.o ma se o.ilu ti ko si ofin ese ko si.iwa ibaje patagbaa ni eleyi.e so ra.permit m e to speak my dialet
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:30am On May 23, 2012
Hehe

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 8:37am On May 23, 2012
Fadola2: Ab3, animaux & others on w3c use 12605h29950
.But all those channels are scrambbled.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by salamander(m): 8:57am On May 23, 2012
Lol, smart move Ihack for issuing a disclaimer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chris7272: 2:34pm On May 23, 2012
Thanks you all you are doing a wonderful job, pls. can somebody tell me how to get the direction of multitv using dstv as reference. It will be appreciated if pic can be add winkThanks you all you are doing a wonderful job, pls. can somebody tell me how to get the direction of multitv using dstv as reference. It will be appreciated if pic can be add
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 3:18pm On May 23, 2012
My Oga obnelly,Thank you very much for your assistance.i just nailed Ab7 with some jsc sport channels but they are not showing and other are showings.Please what else do i need to do so that those jsc sport channels will be showing for me to enjoy euro 2012.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fadola2: 4:37pm On May 23, 2012
calis2: .But all those channels are scrambbled.
but ab3, animaux & 2 others were not scrambled
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 4:37pm On May 23, 2012
Whc fta will air Euro'12?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fadola2: 4:38pm On May 23, 2012
calis2: .But all those channels are scrambbled.
but ab3, animaux & 2 others were not scrambled , infact im watching it now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lasun(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2012
[quote author=obnelly]Tired of paying dstv then get 4.5m dish and motorise it put cband and ku band i bet it with you u will never regret it.big ugly dish is for sat lovers.i read from tele magzzine zbout a 70yrs old man in hungary who interest still is still in satellite tv..his handlying 6m dish.they are all over the world.

I have a problem,I paid someone to Install a Motorised 1.8M dish for me at Gwagwalada,I was not at home when he did it,I have requested the guy to come and show me how to add more satellite to the motorised setting but the guy has refused claimng its his trade secret.The issue is am not getting enough satellite,he just gave me about Six positions and I know the indoor Unit (Eurostar) can store 32 poistion.Can anyone put me through how I can search for more satellite position,I have read the manual inside out but dont want to take the chance of messing up the six,there seems to be a dearth of good hands that know how to track motorise dish,I leave in Gwagwalada.My dish has two LNB - one Cband and the other KU.
I will be glad to take lessons from the gurus in the house.I have also scanned thru season 1 to 5 and could not get what will address my problem.I dont want to go to the dark side,I need some help with searching and tracking further satellite with my already installed dish.
Thanks in anticipation.[quote author=obnelly]Tired of paying dstv then get 4.5m dish and motorise it put cband and ku band i bet it with you u will never regret it.big ugly dish is for sat lovers.i read from tele magzzine zbout a 70yrs old man in hungary who interest still is still in satellite tv..his handlying 6m dish.they are all over the world.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:07pm On May 23, 2012
Lasun,how much are you going to pay for the tutorial lol,i guess your installer is smarter no big deal since you have both c band and ku just add tps and scan.for a begineer like u by pass diseq connect directly to your receivet and get ku band do same to c band.best of luck.my brother with jsc sports o ab7 am afraid you have to buy aljazeera card or otherwise contact the only guy wh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:14pm On May 23, 2012
@olofofo,
Certainly BUDs remain the best option for out-of-footprint birds. And, I can see that though times have changed your sense of humor remains intact wink

P.S: For those who happened to have joined the forum newly and may be alarmed at what's going on, I say relax. Back in the days we used to have a lot of arguments and counter-arguments bothering on FTA but at the end of the day what is important is that we still all come around the table and pat ourselves on the back like good sportsmen. The world of FTA is full of people with divergent opinions and we all tend to be very stubborn sticklers to our point of view no matter what. However, as long as whatever your chosen path brings you happiness and you don't infringe on anybody else freedom to make their own choice, then it is all fair.

We can go on and on debating the morality (or otherwise) of watching encrypted channels (in the name of FTA) but at the end of the day people will make their choices based on the exigencies their peculiar situations throw at them and not on whether it is right or wrong.

VIVA FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 9:57pm On May 23, 2012
I Hacked,Please can you get intouch with me on jaybolar@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (2354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tivta(m), chuk101(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.