Stats: 3,189,712 members, 7,938,164 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5569800 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 9:58pm On May 23, 2012
I Hacked,i have an urgent discussion with you.God bless you real gud.Waiting for you there.TY
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 23, 2012
obnelly: Tired of paying dstv then get 4.5m dish and motorise it put cband and ku band i bet it with you u will never regret it.big ugly dish is for sat lovers.i read from tele magzzine zbout a 70yrs old man in hungary who interest still is still in satellite tv..his handlying 6m dish.they are all over the world.
@Obnelly et al. Obnelly I hope this will interest you. I hope i will buy a massive land soon to accommodate or a platform on my roof-top to install something like this.
@GEORGE-D
I read your past post where you call someone the king of sat on this forum. The guy used an audacious 5m dish to track many out of footprint sats. how is butoneday?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:39am On May 24, 2012
Apstar 7 have replaced Apstar 2R at 76.5 e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayo101: 7:56am On May 24, 2012
@george_d
I sent u a mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2012
@lasun, ur first lesson is to understand the way sats are arranged in the sky. It is from east to west or vice versa. 2 motorised dish in naija usually starts from east moving west. 3 also note that if your dish is at mytv position that is intelsat 7/10@68 east, as u move your dis upward to say multitv on astra2b@28e your elevation is decreasing. So it will decrease until it gets to zzero and your dish change to west and elevation degree start to increase.
If u understand this principle, u will be able to track more sats.
I suggest u read the thread on motorising 1.8m dish and above for list of sats available to naija.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:24am On May 24, 2012
Apstar 7 have replaced Apstar 2R at 76.5 e. Satlaunch.Net - Satellite Launches: APStar-7 footprint & coverage maps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by viazi: 3:01pm On May 24, 2012
@ Olofofo and George D are saying the same thing, both are proponents of 2 different side of the same coin. Both Sides have different levels of HARD WORK. GEORGE D's side of the Coin requires more physic, Olofofo side requires more of INTELECTUAL ENERGY. IN the long run U arrive at the same result. BUT TECHNOLOGY HAVE ADVANCED, U can drive the Old Volks Beetle and still get to Lagos, U can also enter Flight and also get to Lagos. WE FORGE OUR OWN PARTS IN THE LONG RUN. VIVA FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:05pm On May 24, 2012
Auchs that is a 7m dish.i read something similar during my project.such a crazy satellite world.but its fun.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2012
auchs:

@GEORGE-D
I read your past post where you call someone the king of sat on this forum. The guy used an audacious 5m dish to track many out of footprint sats. how is butoneday?

@auchs,
Yes, Mr BUTONEDAY is still very much around althogh he hardly posts as frequently as before. And the 5m dish is also still very active-on nilesat and hotbird.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2012
adedayo101: @george_d
I sent u a mail

@adedayo101,
I've seen the mail and will reply shortly. Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nanaba2009: 9:56pm On May 24, 2012
@all
Has anyone observed that Nigeria's newest sat, NIGCOMSAT-IR, has vanished from the radar? I mean it has left its position on 42.5 degrees east and cannot be traced. Any infor about its whereabout?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:37pm On May 24, 2012
nanaba2009: @all
Has anyone observed that Nigeria's newest sat, NIGCOMSAT-IR, has vanished from the radar? I mean it has left its position on 42.5 degrees east and cannot be traced. Any infor about its whereabout?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 12:04am On May 25, 2012
nanaba2009: @all
na today
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:33am On May 25, 2012
Nigcomsat is in the space its all that no active tp yet.use a good sat finder to locate it you will see its there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2012
Any hope 4 copa dey ray final
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:55am On May 26, 2012
pboy2buzy: Any hope 4 copa dey ray final
Please post in the right thread bro. We have a whole thread just for football wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2012
Sony Pictures TV spreads MENA reach with content deals

Middle East broadcasters Rotana, Dubai Media Incorporated and Al Rayyan have signed new distribution deals to air feature films from the extensive library of Sony Pictures Television (SPT).
The agreement is a first content partnership between SPT and Al Rayyan, Qatar's latest satellite broadcaster, and the Egyptian TV arm of the Rotana media conglomerate. While the deal with national broadcaster Dubai Media Incorporated (DMI) updates a previous contract for movies to be shown on its Dubai One channel.
"As a committed participant on a pan-regional level, SPT is now also establishing new relationships at a national level as the sector expands. With many thousands of feature films and television series, the SPT library is well placed to meet growing Middle East demand," said Ziad Yaghi, executive director, distribution for the Middle East, Sony Pictures Television.
SPT opened a distribution office in Dubai in October 2011, in order to grow business for the studio in the Middle East and North Africa. It already has significant content deals with two major pan-Arab broadcasters MBC and OSN, also based in Dubai.
Rebecca Hawkes ©RapidTVNews
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2012
Dancetrippin expands to Africa

At the SatCom 2012 in Johannesburg, satellite operator SES and Dutch-based music channel DanceTrippin announced the start of DanceTrippin via the SES Astra 4A satellite at 5 degrees East for pan-African distribution.

DanceTrippin features hundreds of hours of unique in-house produced content, mainly live recorded DJ sets from the world’s biggest DJ’s and best clubs, such as Space, Amnesia and Pacha. Following the successful European launch in 2011 via the Astra orbital position 23.5 degrees East, DanceTrippin reaches close to five million households in Europe.
Managing director Tim Metz of DanceTrippin: “We’ve always believed in the demand for a dedicated global dance music channel. The launch in the African market is a next milestone in DanceTrippin’s global distribution plan. Already since 2001, DanceTrippin has been running one of the most popular international sites for electronic music,www.dancetrippin.tv, which attracted close to six million unique visits last year. After our success in Europe, we are now ready to take the step into the African continent. The feedback on our website confirms the very high interest and demand in Africa’s big cities for dance music. The further extension of our global partnership with SES will now also allow the African people to enjoy the world’s best dance events in their homes.”

Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, VP and general manager, of SES for Africa, said: “Being a global satellite company we are pleased to take our customers wherever opportunities arise for them. Following the success in Europe, we are confident that DanceTrippin’s high-end and cross-border content will also greatly attract the African population. We are looking forward to a continued fruitful cooperation and we hope to jointly enter other parts of the world in the near future.”
Europe/London By Robert Briel
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:39am On May 26, 2012
YAHSAT 1A @ 52E is available on 3m-3.5m track with mbc HD Transponder .Thanks to ikiriye for the update.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:09pm On May 26, 2012
Al Jazeera to launch at 13° East and5° West, expects to profitable in “four to five years”
May 25, 2012

Al Jazeera Networks has chosen Eutelsat’s Hot Bird platform at 13° East and Eutelsat 5 West A at 5° West to broadcast its new sports channels in France. Al Jazeera’s beIN Sport 1 will launch on June 1, followed by beIN Sport 2 at the beginning of August.

beIN Sport 1 will show premium coverage of the UEFA Euro 2012 football championship from June 8. The 13° East and 5° West positions have a large DTH footprint in France. Al Jazeera has yet to strike a distribution deal with pay TV operator CanalSat, although it has deals with ISPs including Orange, Bouygues Telecom and Free as well as cable operator Numericable.

At a press conference in Paris, president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi said he expected the channels to be profitable in four to five years, despite Qatar’s large investment, the relatively low subscription price of €11 and the fact that the channels will initially be free-to-view between 06:00-09:00, 12:30-13:30 and 19:00-20:30
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:23pm On May 26, 2012
lovers of FOX NEWS CHANNELS you can all move your dish to NSS12 57e 4095 r 30000.Its all free .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2012
nice one there @obnelly.
hopes are high.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2012
All should try 17e amos 5i/ku,they now have more channels upto 15,is very good,l think 90cm will do,You can use 11919 V 27500 for tracking,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:34pm On May 26, 2012
Gadotor check that tp i think its off now,But all the same we can note the tp in case they are back.world fashion ,RTG TV KINGDOM and WASSAMAN TV, RR PROMo among others
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 9:03pm On May 26, 2012
obnelly: Gadotor check that tp i think its off now,But all the same we can note the tp in case they are back.world fashion ,RTG TV KINGDOM and WASSAMAN TV, RR PROMo among others
Quite right I tracked Eutelsat 16E using a 6o cm dish and accidentally it pop up the two sat were on the same dish same lnb but after 3 days or so Amoc 5 ku disappeared. i wanted to observe the phenomenon for some time before informing the house but like the wind it fizzled out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2012
@obnelly
thanks man the tps are still beaming
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:36am On May 27, 2012
obnelly: Gadotor check that tp i think its off now,But all the same we can note the tp in case they are back.world fashion ,RTG TV KINGDOM and WASSAMAN TV, RR PROMo among others
Nothing is wrong with tp,is a working tp it and enjoy.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2012
gadotor: Nothing is wrong with tp,is a working tp it and enjoy.thank you
Tried it out again . one can recieve W3C and Amos 5 Ku at the same position.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 11:38am On May 27, 2012
simniboma:
Tried it out again . one can recieve W3C and Amos 5 Ku at the same position.
pls gv me Amos 5 tp,sr n pl.Name d stations on it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2012
@Olu12345: You sure do give those who love to lambast newbies a field day. why don't you take a little time to read even the current page u're on?
gadotor: All should try 17e amos 5i/ku,they now have more channels upto 15,is very good,l think 90cm will do,You can use 11919 V 27500 for tracking,thank you
@Olu12345:

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (2356) (Reply)