Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,875 members, 7,876,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5505640 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2013
@all. And @george d. Weldone on your work concerning ur 4m dish, is nt an easy task i must confess, once more thumbs up. FTA 4life. I have been silently following every post here. As 4me i still can not find a cure 4 my A.S.A.S grin wink below is my 1.8m at irib package, 60cm 4 amos/w3c, 90cm 4 intelsat/mytv, 80cm 4 sirius. . Weldone all F.T.A fans

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2013
and not forgetting multi tv grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olamileone(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2013
I need dreambox 800se, can anybody here know where to get it in Nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 9:49pm On May 15, 2013
Pls any hope of fixing my str 69xii damaged yestaday by thunder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2013
olamileone: I need dreambox 800se, can anybody here know where to get it in Nigeria
i have slightly used dm800hd
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 10:36pm On May 15, 2013
ganex: Pls any hope of fixing my str 69xii damaged yestaday by thunder.
pls l need a response asap from any kind heart.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by amadika(m): 6:00am On May 16, 2013
olamileone: I need dreambox 800se, can anybody here know where to get it in Nigeria

I have one dreambox dm800se I just bought 2 months ago. I can sell it to you if u like
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 8:27am On May 16, 2013
Brite02: @all. And @george d. Weldone on your work concerning ur 4m dish, is nt an easy task i must confess, once more thumbs up. FTA 4life. I have been silently following every post here. As 4me i still can not find a cure 4 my A.S.A.S grin wink below is my 1.8m at irib package, 60cm 4 amos/w3c, 90cm 4 intelsat/mytv, 80cm 4 sirius. . Weldone all F.T.A fans

you are under utilizing your dishes, Multi LNBs on the 1.8m can get you Arabsat 5C(Irib Package), Amos/W3C, Astra 2F(MultiTV), and Sirius
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:38am On May 16, 2013
microgiant:

you are under utilizing your dishes, Multi LNBs on the 1.8m can get you Arabsat 5C(Irib Package), Amos/W3C, Astra 2F(MultiTV), and Sirius
tanx bro. A little picture diagram will do 2 help ginger my A.S.A.S morale. Since am using a ground mount 1.8m dish i cnt wait 2 explore this possibility..will be waiting 4 your response. Tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2013
@Iron2011

Bro can we talk behind the scenes. That email address is dead...get me on pidzo@trashmail.net
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 10:14am On May 16, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 10:23am On May 16, 2013
George_D:

@UncleSmart,
Congrats! That's the spirit of FTA! Now that you got Amos 5/C, just blindscan and all other TOs will come out.
If they don't come out it means your either your dish size is not adequate to recieve them or your LNB is not
properly positioned at ypur dish focal point.

Unfourtunately the Nigerian Mux on Intelsat 904 remains a mirage and so Channels TV, MITV, et al are not yet
available for us on that bird. Maybe sometime later things may change for the better.

Oh!!!! King George the Last, thanks a lot i am most grateful for your support. Less i forget, congrat for that your dish. happy viewing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 10:30am On May 16, 2013
check ur mail
Pidzo: @Iron2011

Bro can we talk behind the scenes. That email address is dead...get me on pidzo@trashmail.net
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by versace400(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2013
twinskenny: i have slightly used dm800hd
Bro, long time. How are u? How old is the dreambox and what is the price. 08038856861
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2013
For those of us on intelsat 20e I wrote Tshwane TV and this was their reply Tshwane TV we r working on it...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2013
@Brite02,
Good work there! I can see that ASAS fever has really gripped you to the bones! cheesy

However, to add to what microgiant said, you're really under-utilising your dishes.
Apart from that, you could have a much neater set up by collapsing all those smaller dishes
into a single 2.4m motorised set-up. That way you can still recieve all those birds you're
getting now and much more! Plus, your dish farm will be less congested compared to what it
looks like right now.

Just a thought.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2013
versace400: Bro, long time. How are u? How old is the dreambox and what is the price. 08038856861

i just sent u a text
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by versace400(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2013
twinskenny:

i just sent u a text
Yea, i saw ur text. Pls will talk to you tomoro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:08am On May 17, 2013
George_D: @Brite02,
Good work there! I can see that ASAS fever has really gripped you to the bones! cheesy

However, to add to what microgiant said, you're really under-utilising your dishes.
Apart from that, you could have a much neater set up by collapsing all those smaller dishes
into a single 2.4m motorised set-up. That way you can still recieve all those birds you're
getting now and much more! Plus, your dish farm will be less congested compared to what it
looks like right now.

Just a thought.

You are very right on point. Never knew I will have such a large space where I stay now. As at then I was considering space that's why I chose the various dishes size as illustrated in the diagrams. All the same I will do well to utilise it more just as what you and microgiant as said.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alexdinho10(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2013
Good morning to you all in the house, i'm very sorry to ask my question here but i decided to do so becoz i know i will get good people that can help me. my question is the frequancy for Arabsat5 @ 20*(irib package) and what instrument can i used to nail dat badr without having any problem. thankyou so much 4 ur help. God bless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2013
versace400: Yea, i saw ur text. Pls will talk to you tomoro.
no problem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOLULOPE13(m): 11:12am On May 17, 2013
please help me out my infinity channels
are not showing on Amos5 16*e/w3c
i'm using strong 4669xii
what is solution, please?
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 12:25pm On May 17, 2013
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guys ....can someone tell me more bout the new multi tv mini HD decoder.....is it beta dan srt 492A ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 2:22pm On May 17, 2013
don't bother to ask, you will be snobbed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 3:18pm On May 17, 2013
Hi all, please anyone with a working Eutelsat 10A at 10E for C-band, trackable in northern Nigeria. All i got are not working. thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 3:57pm On May 17, 2013
APART FROM BUYING LATEST RECEIVERS AND CHASING AFTER MULTI TV, WHAT ELSE ARE YOU LEARNING FELLOW NAIRALANDERS?
We are far far behind my friends. Far far behind.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2013
what do you expect? where are the facilities to make research? until someone breaks the jinx and get dubai one on a a ku band with 1 meter dish then we are good to go. our own consat is not coming out with brief on what to pay or the box to buy. for now, it's french fta all the way. viva francais!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 4:25pm On May 17, 2013
swordswifter: APART FROM BUYING LATEST RECEIVERS AND CHASING AFTER MULTI TV, WHAT ELSE ARE YOU LEARNING FELLOW NAIRALANDERS?
We are far far behind my friends. Far far behind.
you can start by telling us what you have learnt so far
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:25pm On May 17, 2013
Canal+ joins Multichoice to broadcast in Ghana

France's Canalsat has teamed up with African pay-TV operator Multichoice to broadcast over 100 television channels in Ghana, in a deal which will bring football from Europe's biggest leagues to subscribers.

The move is reportedly the start of expansion plans by the French broadcaster into Anglophone Africa. Canal+ already has a strong presence in the French-speaking countries on the continent.

"For over 20 years Canal+ has been providing pay-TV services in Africa. We are passionate about over coverage because we want television viewers to see the world in a different view," said John Timothee, director of sales, partnership and development, Canal+ Africa.

Five premium channels with box office films, sports programming, original series, documentaries and family entertainment form Les Chaines Canal+, while over 90 French and international channels covering all genres are also now on offer to Ghanaians. Canal+ also carries about 30 state and private channels fromAfrica on the service, which is to be provided by the Multichoice platform DStv.

"Multichoice Ghana will provide Canal+ channels' service to the Ghanaian public the same way it renders the DStv subscriptions. It will come as fully installed service," said Cecil Sunkwa-Mills, general manager, Multichoice Ghana.

Football fans will have access via Canal+ to matches from France's Ligue 1, the English Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italian Serie A, as well as the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League competitions.

The initial full package will cost GH¢230.00, and then subscribers can choose which bouquet to subscribe to monthly, Sunkwa-Mills said during the Canal+ launch in Accra.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:07pm On May 17, 2013
With Sybla tv on my Android phone I feel like I'm with nilesat in my pocket even when I'm away from home. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 9:19am On May 18, 2013
Pidzo: Canal+ joins Multichoice to broadcast in Ghana

France's Canalsat has teamed up with African pay-TV operator Multichoice to broadcast over 100 television channels in Ghana, in a deal which will bring football from Europe's biggest leagues to subscribers.

The move is reportedly the start of expansion plans by the French broadcaster into Anglophone Africa. Canal+ already has a strong presence in the French-speaking countries on the continent.

"For over 20 years Canal+ has been providing pay-TV services in Africa. We are passionate about over coverage because we want television viewers to see the world in a different view," said John Timothee, director of sales, partnership and development, Canal+ Africa.

Five premium channels with box office films, sports programming, original series, documentaries and family entertainment form Les Chaines Canal+, while over 90 French and international channels covering all genres are also now on offer to Ghanaians. Canal+ also carries about 30 state and private channels fromAfrica on the service, which is to be provided by the Multichoice platform DStv.

"Multichoice Ghana will provide Canal+ channels' service to the Ghanaian public the same way it renders the DStv subscriptions. It will come as fully installed service," said Cecil Sunkwa-Mills, general manager, Multichoice Ghana.

Football fans will have access via Canal+ to matches from France's Ligue 1, the English Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italian Serie A, as well as the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League competitions.

The initial full package will cost GH¢230.00, and then subscribers can choose which bouquet to subscribe to monthly, Sunkwa-Mills said during the Canal+ launch in Accra.
can tis cana + be receive in nigeria when operational
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 18, 2013
Pidzo: Canal+ joins Multichoice to broadcast in Ghana

Monopoly and crazy partnership is killing Africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.