Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,801 members, 7,876,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5505391 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:38pm On May 09, 2013
@ I HACKED: Hon, you are too much! I doff my hat for you. you have done an excellent work!!! I'm also in Ghana. please, how can I get your contact number or email? I'm very interested in getting this C-Band LNB as well as getting the 1.8m dish or even bigger one to buy.please send your contact or location to my mail: kwame0299@gmail.com
If you can email the price for the 1.8m(PAN-DISH) and also the price for the C-Band LNB, I'll be very happy. please,let me see your mail ooooo I beg.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2013
swordswifter:

When i see updates for the low cost receivers and there are no updates for the SRT 4910 combo receiver then i get pissed off. This receiver was and still is the most expensive receiver on the market from strong-technologies. It was to be a state of the art equipment for professionals that could handle anything but now it has been reduced to just a mere white elephant. I have been doing some research for some time now. One was to either write my own codes or find a receiver whose software can work on the SRT4910 HD receiver. This led me to the Technomate receiver which has the same GUI as the strong receiver. Even the codes for strong receivers used for inputting the biss keys and other keys are the same as the one used on the Technomate receivers. I therefore searched for their patch firmware and just look at the image below

When you open the .stb files in notepad, the software codes look almost the same but that of the Technomate TM6900 combo HD is at 7.51p whiles that of the Strong SRT4910 HD is at 2.47p. I tried to open the SRT4910 firmware with Autodesk 2013 to see if i can cook up my own home-brewed software but that did not work since the file could not open even though it was a .stb file. I tried loading the file of the technomate TM6900 on my SRT4910 HD. That also didn't work. I tried copying the introduction codes of the SRT4910 receiver(software version 2.47p), paste it on a new notepad and then copy the operating codes of the technomate TM6900 onto this same notepad and then save the file as .stb extension. This too did not work as the text file could not convert to .stb format. The receiver indicated that it cannot load CS file. Now my question is;
* Why is that a receiver that has given so many people so many troubles for a very long time has not been given the needed attention by Strong-Technologies even though some of us didn't decide to take these machines back to them for our money?
* Why is it that over 2yrs 5months now not even a single update has been released for this receiver to take care of it's media player handicaps, it's inability to boot 3G usb modems directly from the usb ports and other network options that have been added on the lower receivers?
* Why have they decided in general to ignore everything about this receiver(SRT 4910) even though it has not been discontinued?

If anything at all, the tools for cooking software for strong decoders should be made available so that those that are interested will just compile their own codes to run on the receiver because now it's just too much. If any one from strong-technologies (Research and Development) is reading this, i want them you know that some of the reasons that made us champion strong products are no longer there anymore. It is too sad that the quality, durability and after market support that made strong what it is today is just dying off. Some of us are even considering switching to different manufacturers. Hope we start seeing updates for this receiver soon.
What i found out is that ..a Satellite receiver can be either open source referring to most linux boxes dreambox/technomate/amiko alien2 etc ... or closed source satellite receiver that is the strong boxes and the rest of other boxes..

Closed source means; A type of computer program source code development, with closed source software, the source code is not shared with the public for anyone to look @ or make changes to...as closed source is the opposite of open source..

Most companies who sell their software for money make it closed source to make it harder for people to change it or copy it for free...

Even some people and companies who give their software for free do not show the source code, because they think it looks bad, or that somebody will change the authors name to their own a kind of plagiarism without making the program better...

some programs called freeware are given for free, but they are not same as free software that anyone can do whatever they want with grin

Where open source refers to a program in which the source code is available to the general public for use or modification from its original design.

ref: http://wikipedia.org/wiki/closed_source

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/closed_source
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 7:50am On May 10, 2013
odilibe: What i found out is that ..a Satellite receiver can be either open source referring to most linux boxes dreambox/technomate/amiko alien2 etc ... or closed source satellite receiver that is the strong boxes and the rest of other boxes..

Closed source means; A type of computer program source code development, with closed source software, the source code is not shared with the public for anyone to look @ or make changes to...as closed source is the opposite of open source..

Most companies who sell their software for money make it closed source to make it harder for people to change it or copy it for free...

Even some people and companies who give their software for free do not show the source code, because they think it looks bad, or that somebody will change the authors name to their own a kind of plagiarism without making the program better...

some programs called freeware are given for free, but they are not same as free software that anyone can do whatever they want with grin

Where open source refers to a program in which the source code is available to the general public for use or modification from its original design.

ref: http://wikipedia.org/wiki/closed_source

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/closed_source

@ Odilibe,
The issue here is not about close source or open source softwares. The issue here is maintaining the longevity of a receiver's after sale support. That is my problem and point. I don't believe you will be particularly happy when after 2 or 3 months of buying a supposed "latest/high tech" receiver, you stop receiving updates for it. There has been numerous and numerous updates for all the other strong receivers. Even the discontinued models have received updates but not for the SRT 4910 HD which was actually overly expensive for almost 2 years 5months now. My research had even showed that the same programmer is writing the codes of Technomate TM6900 which is DVB-T2 meaning with the right guidelines, you can make the SRT 4910 receive GOtv signals without having to buy a different receiver for DVB-T2. It is a fact that no matter how good you think any device is, it's the software that makes it what it is.
That being said, i am not planning on putting my name on anything. I am willing to work directly with who ever writes these software so we can write and test the firmwares for the receivers we've come to love and use all these years. At least make the sofwares in a way we will enjoy using it. If they have decided not to work on the SRT 4910 receiver anymore, they can at least give as the tools so we can work on our own things ourselves. That's all.

Offbeat: There was on time i first noticed that the audio codec AAC was not available on the SRT 4910 HD whiles tuned to Daarsat on Intelsat 907k. This was somewhere 2008/2009 or something. I had to write several complains before months later it was fixed and then all the other Mpeg 4 receivers started getting patches. That to me is not acceptable at all. Especially looking at how many receiver Strong has sold in Africa. They should have had at least an official page where all complains on their receivers will be looked into.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 11:18am On May 10, 2013
I Hacked:

i have said a lot and have many post on cband on 90cm dish. your problem is you dont want to read but just asking
question and seeking help .but you have been help already.
we still have fools around as so it would not make any sens if i still posting cband on 90cm dish project here.

for now and last time.@Boadu if you still need help PM me !!! many cband satellite and channels are received on 90cm dish
with good cband LNB and simple tech you will get all page on 20 east with no problems
not only 20 east that you will get on your 90 cm dish if you make it well but many more cband channels

look at pictures below it have all been post here by I hacked i dont see why you still asking or need help
if you need the scala call me or that cband on ku lnbf too let me know by pm me .
pls email ur contact or phone number 2 me 4 business.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 11:19am On May 10, 2013
I Hacked:

i have said a lot and have many post on cband on 90cm dish. your problem is you dont want to read but just asking
question and seeking help .but you have been help already.
we still have fools around as so it would not make any sens if i still posting cband on 90cm dish project here.

for now and last time.@Boadu if you still need help PM me !!! many cband satellite and channels are received on 90cm dish
with good cband LNB and simple tech you will get all page on 20 east with no problems
not only 20 east that you will get on your 90 cm dish if you make it well but many more cband channels

look at pictures below it have all been post here by I hacked i dont see why you still asking or need help
if you need the scala call me or that cband on ku lnbf too let me know by pm me .
pls email ur contact or phone number 2 me 4 business adesholaaderanti@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 1:03pm On May 10, 2013
those who are in Ghana now or those who are calling for email read from https://www.nairaland.com/1219069/redline-satellite-receivers and you will be ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 10, 2013
Kktv is back loud n clear on amos.....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 4:59pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62]hi am living in zimbabwe, managed to nail IRIB ON ARABSAT 20 EAST , used a 1.8m pan dish took less than 10minutes to nail the bird

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:00pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote]

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:03pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote]used a 8020 wiztech hd decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2013
Tired of watching TV.
What other thing can I do with my stb (srt 4669x11 ) apart from watching tele?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by billamo: 6:54pm On May 10, 2013
for those watching irib . do they show NBA basketball.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osasz: 6:54pm On May 10, 2013
Lanuel: Kktv is back loud n clear on amos.....

abeg give us d frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibrill7(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2013
osasz:

abeg give us d frequency
11055 v 7500 for kktv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibrill7(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2013
jibrill 7:
11055 v 7500 for kktv
grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibrill7(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2013
jibrill 7: grin
@ 17 east cheesy grin shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:03pm On May 10, 2013
azerspace_46east national geographic ch france:3730 V 30000/// http://Flysat.com/azerspace1.php
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Odilibe,
I don't believe you will be particularly happy when after 2 or 3 months of buying a supposed "latest/high tech" receiver, you stop receiving updates for it.
I got your point! angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by billamo: 11:15pm On May 10, 2013
@ihack I will be grateful if u could assist me in getting a big dish 2.4meters. my email is boahene9@gmail.com. am in kumasi . I will like to talk on fone if possible.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donaremu(m): 11:57pm On May 10, 2013
Hello all,

There are new channels (FTA) on MyTv cable, below are some of them:
Hola Tv
ACNN (Anglican Christian Network Nigeria)
CNTV
BTV ENC A
ALEX Tv
Cape Town Tv

Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sexynick: 12:36am On May 11, 2013
Pls,can i get irib package on badr5 with a 90cm dish,am in akwa ibom,thnks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 3:31am On May 11, 2013
Sexynick: Pls,can i get irib package on badr5 with a 90cm dish,am in akwa ibom,thnks.
I don't think so,if you check lyngsat.com you'll see it's under central Asia beam,so using 90cm here will be an exercise in futility,Pls I stand to be corrected.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sexynick: 7:46am On May 11, 2013
Thanks bro,i wil go for 1.8m.fta 4 life!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 5:12pm On May 11, 2013
hello gurus in the house. am presently using str 4922A( which i use for dark side via gprs do*gle).but i want to upgrade to a better and more sophisticated decoder. am considering str 4930L or redline. pls i what are the extra features in 4930L that is not present in 4922A? if not, which decoder do i go for?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by viazi: 7:00pm On May 11, 2013
@ Valto, I avice U go for 4930 ordinary. The 4930L is very slow and annoying @ times. However if U really want a Box that will keep U very busy go for Dreambox, Vu+, Sunray etc. However these boxes dont do Do**gle. Hope U can reason the rest out for yourself.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:31pm On May 11, 2013
I motorised 1.8m dish 7¤E, nilesat, 68.5¤E and nss7 but i don't know how to use the positioner remote to set the jack for each satellite i.e if i want to move to another satellite entirely.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2013
Valto: hello gurus in the house. am presently using str 4922A( which i use for dark side via gprs do*gle).but i want to upgrade to a better and more sophisticated decoder. am considering str 4930L or redline. pls i what are the extra features in 4930L that is not present in 4922A? if not, which decoder do i go for?
viazi: @ Valto, I avice U go for 4930 ordinary. The 4930L is very slow and annoying @ times. However if U really want a Box that will keep U very busy go for Dreambox, Vu+, Sunray etc. However these boxes dont do Do**gle. Hope U can reason the rest out for yourself.
thanks guy.... more suggestion pls....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2013
Valto: thanks guy.... more suggestion pls....
See new updates from lavantronics..sent to my mail-box..just updates enjoy reading the features...that is what to look for in sat-receivers.. grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2013
odilibe: See new updates from lavantronics..sent to my mail-box..just updates enjoy reading the features...that is what to look for in sat-receivers.. grin
nice decoders but the prize go tear pocket! and i dont think its readily available in naija
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Stevolat: 7:19pm On May 12, 2013
@all pls wc patch 4 srt4663xv will return d option
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 8:41pm On May 12, 2013
Pls,ait is not working!why?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 9:37pm On May 12, 2013
Hello Ghanaians in the forum, please anyone who knows where I can get a 1.8m or 2.4m pan dish to buy in Accra,Tema,Takoradi or Kumasi should kindly give me information on the prices and the Location of the dealer store. please my mail is(acgroup30@gmail.com). We need it very urgently for a project. Thanks in anticipation for a response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.