Stats: 3,169,875 members, 7,876,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5505648 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2013
davodyguy: please can a kind hearted person help me with working tps on Amos 5.

l got some and didnt get others blind scanning.

l need Ait, infinity & co kktv

thks
input 11024V03333 and then blindscan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:18pm On May 04, 2013
I Hacked: most times the argument of unnecessary things i dont respond but some ones are also following and taking some knowledge from some of the post we do.

in old days rich peoples buy slaves to help them so that they don't work more
when they got machines some of them find out that the machine is very good and more conveniences than the slaves
now a days all are using machines even setting on animals is fading out

Satellite finders are special made for tracking satellite ,we have good ones and bad ones too,we have professional ones and hobbies ones as well ,
the professional ones are very expensive .any one or satellite Installer who have a good satellite finder will never but it down and use a receiver and carry out a TV for tracking satellite

tracking satellite with receiver is for only hobbies who don't have tools and new installers who don't understand

satellite language and don't have tools or cant afford it now but if he/she is good he/she know that sat finder is the best and he will really preper for it

those who dont know anything a bought satellite, what they are looking for is green and picture, they can not read sat finders .cos it is for those who will understand the language sometime .receiver is very easy for them

good sat finders are Very sensitive,super fast spectrum Analyzer,sat finder like the one i have now can test cable and LNBF ,tells you good LNB be4 you fix it up, one of my meter identifies the satellite, provides spectrum information and allows the checking of the satellite, grin grin it work Works on both picture and sound

a receivers use transponder frequencies transmitted from a satellite (which can go out of date) to identify the satellite.

With receivers, you have to looks for a frequency that is (hopefully) unique to that satellite.
Sometimes there is no unique frequency and you will never know the "cross ID" because you are using TPS sometimes(sees the satellite in two or more places and only one place is correct). If there is a unique frequency, it may change in the future, if that happens the satellite can no longer be found

you and i feed lyngsat,flysat and more sometimes .

for Example marghib is the one now transmit all Europe live football march for DStv south Africa
the hobbies and receiver trackers will never get this free up .cos no one will give them TP and a receiver can not do that.

if the signals is very week we look for good satellite finder to do that
my sat finder detect satellite without me knowing it or have a tp of that sat

it is only new guys that suffer but big Guy like George D know much more a bought this
but because may bee he is hobbies he may not use 1000 of euro for sat finder that will only be use for only one day but that does not mean that he don't know that it is the best

@ Georg D this your dish will kill all birds on the sky this day,
look at the picture below you may need this sat finder it is not expensive but very very good than more of the expensive ones
if city power is out you can still track with this meter
this meter will find all satellite you dont know the tp but it can not tell the name and it is ID like my new one.

i really like this sat finder but new technology is knocking it out very painful
i bought my new professional sat finder at £749.95 even after this some of the big guys told me it is for hobbies. cry cry cry

The man says he likes to do it with his Television and Receiver....I think this does not need controversy. Do it the way you want. When you were advertising the efficacy and importance of Redline receiver nobody went against you. Please let us embrace what is good and respect other peoples interest too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2013
People will never learn. Why do people like to attack his fellow mate over nothing?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:09pm On May 04, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:39am On May 05, 2013
gud 1 George D keep it up.[color=#006600][/color] grin grin[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:41am On May 05, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Ok tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicdo: 8:14am On May 05, 2013
guente02: I use Orton x403p HD Reciever
Ur dish size cant pick those tps in sokoto
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicdo: 8:26am On May 05, 2013
guente02: MBC HD is 57% under hot sun and about 63 after twilight. And yes i watch it through ccc*m. I think 2.4m is the solution. Im still eyeing that 4m dish that i saw today in Sokoto. Tuned to Bullsacom Hellas. No Skipping
U can reach me via vicdo@live.com if u r interested in a 4m dish here in sokoto, its available
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 10:43am On May 05, 2013
Pls house i need 7' portable satfinder with monitor i lived in ilorin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 11:09am On May 05, 2013
I need 7' portable satfinder with monitor
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2013
vicdo: U can reach me via vicdo@live.com if u r interested in a 4m dish here in sokoto, its available
plr hw much is 4m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:48am On May 05, 2013
Olayinkaoj:
The man says he likes to do it with his Television and Receiver....I think this does not need controversy. Do it the way you want. When you were advertising the efficacy and importance of Redline receiver nobody went against you. Please let us embrace what is good and respect other peoples interest too

no one is condemning Television and Receiver installation shocked shocked all of as do that some time ,when there is no tools or we dont have .and we need satellite tv

no problem some can still carry TV and decoder and travel for installation grin grin or carry it to third flour of a building for work grin grin it is good carry on. grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 12:11pm On May 05, 2013
I Hacked:

no one is condemning Television and Receiver installation shocked shocked all of as do that some time ,when there is no tools or we dont have .and we need satellite tv

no problem some can still carry TV and decoder and travel for installation grin grin or carry it to third flour of a building for work grin grin it is good carry on. grin grin

Pls house i need 7' portable satfinder with monitor badly i live in ilorin reply if u know where i can get thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by borderline(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2013
@George
Nice work up there,my good friend. Am sure your monster can even begin uplink services of events in your compound to a satellite like AMOS( GEORGE TV)..keep up the good work!
@I hacked
In as much as I respect your enthusiasm about digital satfinders and their usefulness,,I still think you have blown your lecture out of proportion!. Let the satellite engineer decide the best method for him to use in tracking a bird.As long he does the job for himself or his client in record time,the rest story should be left for another day..Cast no aspertions on the intelligence or pocket of any member.it sounds disrespectful from my own point of view. Have a great week ahead !

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2013
Kosemanik: I need 7' portable satfinder with monitor
call me up

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2013
I Hacked: most times the argument of unnecessary things i dont respond but some ones are also following and taking some knowledge from some of the post we do.

in old days rich peoples buy slaves to help them so that they don't work more
when they got machines some of them find out that the machine is very good and more conveniences than the slaves
now a days all are using machines even setting on animals is fading out

Satellite finders are special made for tracking satellite ,we have good ones and bad ones too,we have professional ones and hobbies ones as well ,
the professional ones are very expensive .any one or satellite Installer who have a good satellite finder will never but it down and use a receiver and carry out a TV for tracking satellite

tracking satellite with receiver is for only hobbies who don't have tools and new installers who don't understand satellite language and don't have tools or cant afford it now but if he/she is good he/she know that sat finder is the best and he will really preper for it

those who dont know anything a bought satellite, what they are looking for is green and picture, they can not read sat finders .cos it is for those who will understand the language sometime .receiver is very easy for them

good sat finders are Very sensitive,super fast spectrum Analyzer,sat finder like the one i have now can test cable and LNBF ,tells you good LNB be4 you fix it up, one of my meter identifies the satellite, provides spectrum information and allows the checking of the satellite, grin grin it work Works on both picture and sound

a receivers use transponder frequencies transmitted from a satellite (which can go out of date) to identify the satellite.

With receivers, you have to looks for a frequency that is (hopefully) unique to that satellite.
Sometimes there is no unique frequency and you will never know the "cross ID" because you are using TPS sometimes(sees the satellite in two or more places and only one place is correct). If there is a unique frequency, it may change in the future, if that happens the satellite can no longer be found

you and i feed lyngsat,flysat and more sometimes .

for Example marghib is the one now transmit all Europe live football march for DStv south Africa
the hobbies and receiver trackers will never get this free up .cos no one will give them TP and a receiver can not do that.

if the signals is very week we look for good satellite finder to do that
my sat finder detect satellite without me knowing it or have a tp of that sat

it is only new guys that suffer but big Guy like George D know much more a bought this
but because may bee he is hobbies he may not use 1000 of euro for sat finder that will only be use for only one day but that does not mean that he don't know that it is the best

@ Georg D this your dish will kill all birds on the sky this day,
look at the picture below you may need this sat finder it is not expensive but very very good than more of the expensive ones
if city power is out you can still track with this meter
this meter will find all satellite you dont know the tp but it can not tell the name and it is ID like my new one.

i really like this sat finder but new technology is knocking it out very painful
i bought my new professional sat finder at £749.95 even after this some of the big guys told me it is for hobbies. cry cry cry

Very well explained IHACKED. Our FTA hobby should move with technology. Technology is unnecessary if you want to do ordinary things, but if you want to do difficult things technology is the way to go, subject to you having the money and the willingness to be where our American/european/chinese FTA brothers are. Me I get what you where suggesting, and it was a suggestion not a criticism or force.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2013
I Hacked:
The above statement settles it then...sat finder good..but it does not worth it for one time installation...good when climbing ladder or moving dish all the time. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2013
banysat: Good job GeorgeD,
What are the materials used?I would also want to convert my mesh.

@banysat,
The dish petals are made of galvanized steel while the rib supports

and polar mount are made of mild steel.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45am On May 06, 2013
swordswifter:

@ George,
Looking at your dish I'm tempted to say it looks as if it was locally made. If so is the case then the person who did it really did it well. What i would like to know is who fabricated the dish(if locally made) and how much you had the dish for.

@swordswifter,

I already answered the first part of your question as to who made the dish in my earlier post. But in case
you missed it, the guy is Mr Okey by name. He resides in Kaduna. Apparently he has been in the business
for years but I only got to know him through oga badaru. You too can call and discuss with him. It is a
free world we live in. These are his numbers:

08039346299 or 08092354782.

As for the pricing, I'm not inclined to disclose this here on the pages of the internet as there are many
variables that can affect final price of any size dish but you can always call him and have a one-on-one
chat as per your requirement.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:48am On May 06, 2013
olenyi: Oga George_D,

Just saw this. My internet connection has being messing up. Mehn this is the ish in FTA. Wow!!!. Just so so so awesome. Ride on.

Nah, its a mini earth station. grin

@olenyi,
LOL! I think it really is a mini earth station. Maybe I should be thinking of bidding for re-transmission
rights for Warri Wolves FC matches here in Delta State! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2013
borderline: @George
Nice work up there,my good friend. Am sure your monster can even begin uplink services of events in your compound to a satellite like AMOS( GEORGE TV)..keep up the good work!
!

@borderline,

Brother, its been quite a while! Yes, Amos 5 uplink services may be the next step how to put this beast into
better use! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2013
@odilibe,
@I Hacked,
@all,

As promised, I worked on my 4m dish over the weekend changing out the underpowered 24 inch jack with a
heavy duty 36 inch eurostar model bought for me in Lagos by my good friend obnelly.

I also changed out the inverto red classic LNB replacing it with my old Stargold quad as a way of experiment
and the results are, well, not too surprising. The inverto beat the stargold lnb by just about 2 percent
difference in signal quality at BADR 4,5,6 (26E) where I tested them.

Unfortunately, the wall of the house is blocking the east so I could not go below 28.8E to Hellas as
suggested by odilibe

Pictures below.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:22am On May 06, 2013
The inverto red classic sitting pretty now replaced by the stargold quad (for experimental purposes)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:23am On May 06, 2013
36 inch jack ready for action (thanks to obnelly in Lagos)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2013
Dish brought down. Changing out the under-powered 24inch jack.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2013
Connecting the jack:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2013
Jack now firmly in place. Ready to move anything! cool

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2013
Done!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2013
hon1977: @George D What is a jack axactly and how does one use it?Why i am asking is there is some dude here in Vic falls,Zimbabwe who is disposing his something like 8-10 metre dish like the one in that picture you posted and i want to try to use it caz he is disposing it for free. What i want to knw is, if i use it can i nail out of footprint birds with our ordinary lnbs or i need some special equipment to make use of it. You can email me at honestmuchena@yahoo.com

@hon1977,

From the above pictures, I guess you shouldn't have any difficulties identifying a jack anymore.

To help you further, a jack (technical name: actuator) is a piece of mechanical device used to move
a dish from one position to the next. It works in conjunction with a positioner which transmits the
impulse or signal to the reed sensor in the jack and tells it by what fraction or amount it can
extend or retract.

You can check out the youtube video below for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBrLkbb2bag
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jeeqer: 11:15am On May 06, 2013
gadotor: DOES WITH DEAD STRONG DECODERS THIS YOU CAN REVIVED IT. 1.PAY A NEW PEN DRIVE 2.DOWNLOAD NEW SOFTWARE FOR YOUR DECODER ONTO IT 3.PRUG THE PENDRIVE ONTO THE DEAD DECODER 4.PRUG THE DECODER TO POWER WITHOUT PUTTING IT ON.5 .SWITCH POWER ON AT THE SAME TIME PRESS THE STANDY POWER BUTTON IN FRONT PANEL UNTIL IT START LOADING BEFORE LEAVING THE STANDY POWER BUTTON,IT WILL UPDATE AND BRING THE DECODER BACK TO LIVE, .......note...You should emty pendrive without and other files or software,enjoy ypirself,thank you
i have a dead 4663x i followed your intructions, but i didn't get receiver done. learn from forums that this type of problems can be solved by reflashing the receiver flash memory ic, though there are some guide that i need to complete.
hence. i need your help to do that.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:23pm On May 06, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,
LOL! I think it really is a mini earth station. Maybe I should be thinking of bidding for re-transmission
rights for Warri Wolves FC matches here in Delta State! grin

Lol!!!

George_D: Done!

@George_D.

Just asking. With the added tripod stand, how's the stability of the dish in high winds, vis-a-vis the signal % (though i dont know if u've experienced heavy winds around ur place since u set it up)

My best regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2013
@olenyi,
The added support from the tripods gives the dish better stability.

It is now even more stable compared to when it was carrying the old lighter 3m fibre

that didn't have the tripod.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: isah2006 and 6 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63