Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,542 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5510460 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
uchechuwku:
That's all?
Like really?
Just subtraction?
Tot d angles wld be converted to distance and den subtracted from each oda
Besides subtracting the two stiLl gives d answer in degrees

@ Uchechuwku,

lololololololololololololol........ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I never answer questions like this but in your case i really think you need the help. First of all, even though you have a 60cm dish, it does not mean it is standard for all 60cm dishes that they will all have the same focal point. Each manufacturer has a different f/d ratio and hence a different depth which ultimately affects the focal point of the dish. If you really want to know where to "drill" as you say, then you must first install the dish, see where the satellite you want to receive is giving you the highest signal, then you can "drill" wherever you want. You can't just be calculating stuff like that. It's not basic mathematics. I can tell you that for a fact.

Obnelly my brother, let's be patient with him. wink Maybe he is on to something new.

PS: Uchechuwku, you can post a picture of your LNB holder, maybe we can add something to it or take something away from it that will make better.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
uchechuwku:
That's all?
Like really?
Just subtraction?
Tot d angles wld be converted to distance and den subtracted from each oda
Besides subtracting the two stiLl gives d answer in degrees

its imaginary.the distance between it shouldnt be much,you can work that out by moving your lnb to locate 28 after you have nailed 36.then you can measure the distance apart .Nobody can give you accurate conversion without first track those satellites.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
@swordswifter, wld definately post pix when I'm done. Maybe I can even try 17E sef.
@Obynelly, I already tracked it but d copper wire I used to tighten d LNB makes it loose position after not too heavy rainfalls.I'm just tired of climbing latter everytime.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
uchechuwku: @swordswifter, wld definately post pix when I'm done. Maybe I can even try 17E sef.
@Obynelly, I already tracked it but d copper wire I used to tighten d LNB makes it loose position after not too heavy rainfalls.I'm just tired of climbing latter everytime.

no pain no gain,you can work more on your material,so that it can withstand all weather .you can improve by doing more.Dont give up till you get enough
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
kwame-king:
Plz house, my problem is: whenever I record a programme onto my pendrive, I can't play what I've recorded. It shows: format problem. What am I not doing right?
Note all USB must be formatted in fat 32file system....to be able to record or play video(pvr)... usb media must comply with USB 2.0 specification!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Uchechuwku,

lololololololololololololol........ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I never answer questions like this but in your case i really think you need the help. First of all, even though you have a 60cm dish, it does not mean it is standard for all 60cm dishes that they will all have the same focal point. Each manufacturer has a different f/d ratio and hence a different depth which ultimately affects the focal point of the dish. If you really want to know where to "drill" as you say, then you must first install the dish, see where the satellite you want to receive is giving you the highest signal, then you can "drill" wherever you want. You can't just be calculating stuff like that. It's not basic mathematics. I can tell you that for a fact.

Obnelly my brother, let's be patient with him. wink Maybe he is on to something new.

PS: Uchechuwku, you can post a picture of your LNB holder, maybe we can add something to it or take something away from it that will make better.
good comment my brother

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
kwame-king:
good comment my brother

cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mwarawaa(m): 5:57am On Jun 12, 2013
For basket ball lovers Feed on amos5 has NBA finals live.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2013
FreeTVguru: For FIFA confederation Cup SABC1 @68.5e will do us proud,,,,adverts already pressed,,,,can't wait grin
my tv c band or ku band
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2013
kwame-king:
Checking from www.flysat.com, it is stated that: Net 2 tv, etv Ghana, Russian Travel Gude etc are on Amos5@17E. I have done several blindscan but I'm not getting these channels. Please, have they left Amos5@17E?
i think they have left , i was receiving it before but the tp is red now including my rdv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2013
My Rdv is on(GREEN) my brother. Rdv is on 16E not on Amos 5@17E. So in order to get channels from both W3c16E & Amos5 17E, you have to be in the middle ground for both satellites. When you track 16E, use Rdv freq:10804H30000, let the quality be around 78%. When you track 17E, use Oromia freq:12216v27500 and let the quality be around 68%.
Setoop:
i think they have left , i was receiving it before but the tp is red now including my rdv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2013
kwame-king:
My Rdv is on(GREEN) my brother. Rdv is on 16E not on Amos 5@17E. So in order to get channels from both W3c16E & Amos5 17E, you have to be in the middle ground for both satellites. When you track 16E, use Rdv freq:10804H30000, let the quality be around 78%. When you track 17E, use Oromia freq:12216v27500 and let the quality be around 68%.

Wrong.

Make sure 17'e signal is at its highest possible in order to get ait and co packages. Rdv and co can pop up at a much lower signal %.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2013
Thank you for the correction Dr Olenyi. You have been my mentor! Please how can I get net 2 tv, etv Ghana ect @ 17E? They are captured by flysat.com but I can't get them after numerous blindscaning. My Ait is green but still showing no audio or video.
olenyi:

Wrong.

Make sure 17'e signal is at its highest possible in order to get ait and co packages. Rdv and co can pop up at a much lower signal %.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
kwame-king:
Thank you for the correction Dr Olenyi. You have been my mentor! Please how can I get net 2 tv, etv Ghana ect @ 17E? They are captured by flysat.com but I can't get them after numerous blindscaning. My Ait is green but still showing no audio or video.

For the ait, try 11021 v 30000.

Will get back to u on the other.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Thanks sir. I've inputed 11021v30000. But AIT is showing scramble($) . Any solution?
olenyi:

For the ait, try 11021 v 30000.

Will get back to u on the other.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
kwame-king:
Thanks sir. I've inputed 11021v30000. But AIT is showing scramble($) . Any solution?

No 1 and 2 are on. What receiver are u using and whats it's software version.
Also try 11091 v 30000

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'm using SRT4669XII. Where can I check the software version sir?
olenyi:

Also try 11091 v 30000

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
olenyi:

Also try 11091 v 30000

Regards.
after blindscanning check whether you have channel wt Enc , then check 1 n 2 , sometime 10 also . The ait package wt ait names are scrambled now except some few stations like faaji etc .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
@all,

Just in case there are still some here who have not noticed, Silverbird TV

is now free and live on Eutelsat 36A/36B (36E - DSTV position)

Use 11940h 27500sr to track it.

It gets better: You can also now watch CNN, TBN, Star TV, Setanta Africa, etc on same bird, free.

Use 12275h 11200sr to track. You will need a minimum MPEG4 receiver to watch the later.

VIVA FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
George_D: @all,

It gets better: You can also now watch CNN, TBN, Star TV, Setanta Africa, etc on same bird, free.

Use 12275h 11200sr to track. You will need a minimum MPEG4 receiver to watch the later.

VIVA FTA!!!

What!!!!

Quite frankly. Its been long i lost interest in dat bird. But looks like things are looking up. grin

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
George_D: @all,

VIVA FTA!!!
good info thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
@All Greeting to everyone" Am still away from home Pls what is the best reference point to track Mytv at 68.5e easly?Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
GH-ONE:
Reticent indeed !!! @ I Hacked, nobody is against you. We say stop insulting others!

some guys called them self's gurus tried and criticize the same user name and it did not help them
first you insult this user name by c on 90cm mater finally you enjoy it

this is last word for you keep it or leave it: don't close this door it is behind you,you may want to go in one day

kwame-king:
Checking from www.flysat.com, it is stated that: Net 2 tv, etv Ghana, Russian Travel Gude etc are on Amos5@17E. I have done several blindscan but I'm not getting these channels. Please, have they left Amos5@17E?

We update flysat cos all setup for Net2,UTV and more, setup have done in Accra that is why some of tp have good gain now so it left with only transmission
so it can pop up any moment from now grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 12:47am On Jun 13, 2013
'I HACKED' I always salute you. No Ghanaian has a name in this forum than you are! May be they want to become popular by making you unpopular. Don't mind them! We are solidly behind you. Once you wear the CROWN of SATELLITE INSTALLATION in GHANA, people will naturally hate you! You still remain the mentor of most Ghanaian installers. I saw an advert on KKTV today, indicating a training of installers. Please are you part of the organizers? I'm not a full time installer though,but I would want to benefit from this C-Band on 90cm stuffs.
I Hacked:

some guys called them self's gurus tried and criticize the same user name and it did not help them
first you insult this user name by c on 90cm mater finally you enjoy it

this is last word for you keep it or leave it: don't close this door it is behind you,you may want to go in one day

We update flysat cos all setup for Net2,UTV and more, setup have done in Accra that is why some of tp have good gain now so it left with only transmission
so it can pop up any moment from now grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2013
I Hacked:
this user name
cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
I 'HACKED' don't talk as if C-Band LNBF on a 90cm is your creation. You learnt it from other fora. So it is not a crime for me to seek info which I don't know from you or any other person. You have sought info from some Gurus in this forum b4! Better still, everyone can learn the video of C-Band on 90cm from Youtube. So please if you had privilege to learn it first, it doesn't mean you have monopoly over such things. You insulted some people unprovoked. Calling them goats & sheep in this forum. So we say stop that! I wonder why you always have issues with anyone who hold contrary view to your own. I can count about 5 gurus who have received your Bashing! Please let's be tolerant!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Watch all Confederation Cup in Brazil and U20 world cup in Turkey matches live on Joy tv. They are going to show it,I just watch the Jingo for the tournament
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
olenyi:

What!!!!

Quite frankly. Its been long i lost interest in dat bird. But looks like things are looking up. grin

Regards.

@olenyi,

Yes, really. Things are actually looking up on 36E. And, these channels are not the usual DSTV channels which
are left temporarily FTA just to tease peeps and then when interests begin to whip up, they get locked just as
suddenlly. These ones are here to stay.

For Silverbird TV, I think they've finally realised that they could do so much more by breaking out of the shadows
of DSTV hence their decision to transmit through an unencumbered transponder. If you noticed, they're on the
same tp with CCTV and that itself speaks volumes.

As for the CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc package, this seems to be an initiative of Agape Television Network broadcasting
from Tanzania. Looks like the exclusivity agreement which CNN had with DSTV has finally elasped and hence peeps
should look forward to seeing more CNN packages pop up across the sub-region in the near future.

This is just my take.

VIVA FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,

Yes, really. Things are actually looking up on 36E. And, these channels are not the usual DSTV channels which
are left temporarily FTA just to tease peeps and then when interests begin to whip up, they get locked just as
suddenlly. These ones are here to stay.

For Silverbird TV, I think they've finally realised that they could do so much more by breaking out of the shadows
of DSTV hence their decision to transmit through an unencumbered transponder. If you noticed, they're on the
same tp with CCTV and that itself speaks volumes.

As for the CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc package, this seems to be an initiative of Agape Television Network broadcasting
from Tanzania. Looks like the exclusivity agreement which CNN had with DSTV has finally elasped and hence peeps
should look forward to seeing more CNN packages pop up across the sub-region in the near future.

This is just my take.

VIVA FTA!!!

There is always an end to any beginning. . . i guess its DSTV's time.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
@all i bought a d-link wireless N 150 usb adapter, but it's not working on my 4922A reciever.
i need assistant

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
williams85: @all i bought a d-link wireless N 150 usb adapter, but it's not working on my 4922A reciever.
i need assistant
your Dlink may not work with the Stb b'cos the huawei and zte . have the show...i doubt if your device is supported.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
freshp:
your Dlink may not work with the Stb b'cos the huawei and zte . have the show...i doubt if your device is supported.
this particular adapter was recommended by someone using it.@freshp wat do u think will be the soluttion.
any suggestion is welcomed. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.