Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,536 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:58 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5510444 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
hi all,
sample pictures of my 4.5m detachable fibre motorized dish fully installed.more pictures coming soon and situation report from portharcourt cheers

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
williams85: @all i bought a d-link wireless N 150 usb adapter, but it's not working on my 4922A reciever.
i need assistant
STRONG TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY,We want updates that will enable these functions on your products such as srt4930l and srt4922a to work well,l know you have been reading my posts/writings and writing me feedback,l think and hope you will respond to these concerns as soon as possible,thank you

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ikiriye: hi all,
sample pictures of my 4.5m detachable fibre motorized dish fully installed.more pictures coming soon and situation report from portharcourt cheers

@Ikiriye,

Congratulations! Wao! This is really something!

Please feed us with more pictures and what positions/channels you're pulling down.

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by leemahayat(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
Good day gurus, my 4669xii is misbehaving as some channels on some frequencies on Badr, Amos and Nilesat fluctuates and sometimes become red completely. The problem started when I upgraded the software to 302p, kindly suggest the best software that will also take care of OTA. Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtuko2(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
what ku can i track with c-band at the centre is focused at 10e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Good work @ikiriye..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
Pls good house can i use my laptop for tracking satellite if yes how
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Kosemanik: Pls good house can i use my laptop for tracking satellite if yes how
even if it's possible, it's of no use
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hi Ikiriye,
that is awesome, you know what, I'm gonna get some coaxial cable all the way from my house and connect it on your dish and enjoy with you not minding that you are far away from my state. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
@George d
Thanks man will update the house soonest
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
[quote author=Brite02]Good work @ikiriye..[/quote
Thanks man
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ikiriye,
that is awesome, you know what, I'm gonna get some coaxial cable all the way from my house and connect it on your dish and enjoy with you not minding that you are far away from my state. grin[/quote]

No problem just get your cables ready
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
@Sammu
Please let's talk more on our earlier receiver discussion
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:31am On Jun 14, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,

Yes, really. Things are actually looking up on 36E. And, these channels are not the usual DSTV channels which
are left temporarily FTA just to tease peeps and then when interests begin to whip up, they get locked just as
suddenlly. These ones are here to stay.

For Silverbird TV, I think they've finally realised that they could do so much more by breaking out of the shadows
of DSTV hence their decision to transmit through an unencumbered transponder. If you noticed, they're on the
same tp with CCTV and that itself speaks volumes.

As for the CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc package, this seems to be an initiative of Agape Television Network broadcasting
from Tanzania. Looks like the exclusivity agreement which CNN had with DSTV has finally elasped and hence peeps
should look forward to seeing more CNN packages pop up across the sub-region in the near future.

This is just my take.

VIVA FTA!!!

@George D
Thankx for ur take on the new developments on 36 East. Pray they come to stay. In the days of C band analogue satellite tv popularity CNN, TV4 and CFI where very free and popular until things went ditital as in DigitalSTV got in the way and pulled down everything. Anyways sha, we'll always survive.
Just wanna announce to the house that I am in Naija for a week. I am in Lagos for 3 days to attaend a friend's wedding brfore heading to Nsukka for my certificate. I presently stay at number 04 Banire Street Off Itire Road, Surulere.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:49am On Jun 14, 2013
lovala:

@George D I presently stay at number 04 Banire Street Off Itire Road, Surulere.

Welcome home.

On a lighter note; make kidnappers no come carry u oooo. grin

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:07am On Jun 14, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,

Yes, really. Things are actually looking up on 36E. And, these channels are not the usual DSTV channels which
are left temporarily FTA just to tease peeps and then when interests begin to whip up, they get locked just as
suddenlly. These ones are here to stay.

For Silverbird TV, I think they've finally realised that they could do so much more by breaking out of the shadows
of DSTV hence their decision to transmit through an unencumbered transponder. If you noticed, they're on the
same tp with CCTV and that itself speaks volumes.

As for the CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc package, this seems to be an initiative of Agape Television Network broadcasting
from Tanzania. Looks like the exclusivity agreement which CNN had with DSTV has finally elasped and hence peeps
should look forward to seeing more CNN packages pop up across the sub-region in the near future.

This is just my take.

VIVA FTA!!!

That is interesting. Have been out of town for more than two weeks now so haven't tested it yet at my end.

If this comes to stay, then peeps can stop worrying about BUD for cnn reception.

And come to think of it, with the favourite (and over hyped) slogan of ''largest tv network in africa'' by NTA, all the private tv stations in naija (ait, silverbrid, mitv, tvc, channels, etc, etc) can take advantage of the new birds being launched that cover africa to offer us free to air veiwing of their stations on 60 cm thereby shoring up their coverage area (and which translates to more advert placements and revenue) Instead of going about building new tv stations across the nation.

Nigeria is a very ripe market with the greatest potential for return on investment in africa in terms of tv viewership. Even in other sectors. But all these people at the head of affairs have falled to grasp this. Then when a foreign company/organisation comes in and starts making billions, everybody will start shouting blue murder. (Dstv, MTN, shoprite, game, etc)

i just sidown dey look them in 4D grin

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:16am On Jun 14, 2013

Weldone bro.

Now we've gone into detarchable fiber dishes. This means a lighter weight setup yet with the needed result.

Big ups.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Is it a dish you buy or constructed by you,let us know that,however is a nice work up there,keep it up,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:35am On Jun 14, 2013
@Ikiriye welldone Big bros all sat will be dancing on ur screen Big up.to add to issue of 36e & Our Private tv stations can get Good return on investment on FTA Broadcast. Guys just look at our population alone however am still hopeful that a day will come someone within will think out of the box. meanwhile i have rescan the CCTV tp on 36e but no Silverbird FTA. Yesterday i ask about the reference point to track 68.5e KU Mytv easly? but no response from the house till now!!! plsss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2013
kd10: meanwhile i have rescan the CCTV tp on 36e but no Silverbird FTA. Yesterday i ask about the reference point to track 68.5e KU Mytv easly? but no response from the house till now!!! plsss
Intelsat17@66east should be the closest satellite and on the same arc with intelsat 20 @68.5east Right!but since you have tracked 36east..68.5east should be @ the left of 68.5east when standing at the back of the dish..Lnb skew for 68.5east should be in between 5 o'clock & 4'oclock..then use mytv frequency or vivid on lyngsat 12722 V/H 26657..when at 36east move dish slowly to the left..then upwards and downwards movement respectively...i hope this helps grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
@Goerge_D
Those channels on 36E i.e. CNN,TBN,Setanta e.t.c on 12275H do occasionally become FTA for up to two weeks and then they are scrambled again.As much as I want to see them being FTA, I have my doubt if they will for two reasons: (1)they being on 36E (although not DSTV tp) (2) they offer that package on commercial basis in Tanzania.

Anyway let's see how it pans out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
@ikiriye all I can say is wow.....well done..now all the bird must converge on Ur plate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
advice from man in GH. thank you boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
George_D:

Please feed with more pictures and what positions/channels you're pulling down.

Cheers!

lol grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arselona1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
captainus: @Goerge_D
Those channels on 36E i.e. CNN,TBN,Setanta e.t.c on 12275H do occasionally become FTA for up to two weeks and then they are scrambled again.As much as I want to see them being FTA, I have my doubt if they will for two reasons: (1)they being on 36E (although not DSTV tp) (2) they offer that package on commercial basis in Tanzania.

Anyway let's see how it pans out.
ur doubts hold water. TING will never be fta thru out. Their being fta is mainly a strategy to obsess the targeted population. However their package is not worthwhile.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2013

@ Ikiriye,
That's a great feat there. To have been able to acquire a dish of that size. From my personal view it looks like the manufacturer of this dish is the same one that made George_D's dish. It's very very neat and professionally made. What i want to know is how much did it cost and if possible the manufacturer's details. Thanks!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
@kd10,

No need to waste your time blindscanning. Just input the supplied frequency:

11940h 27500sr and you're good to go.

I'm watching Silverbird Tv presently here as I write. And, wait! They're even going to show
the confederation cup!

@olenyi,

Do well to bring down those stations as soon as you hit town. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

@captainus & Arselona1,

We'll just have to wait and see if the CNN packages remain FTA. For now though let's just sit
back and enjoy.

@lovala,

Welcome home. While you're here, do take time to enjoy more of Silverbird TV. They got quite
some interesting stuff in that station, I tell you!!! wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
@KD10: Look, Blindscaning 36E will be all 'sweat but no distance covered'! Just input the frequencies provided above by Professor GEORGE D. and Silverbird,Setanta,CNN & much more will be dancing on your screen!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
Guys,does dish rustiness affect signal?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
lovala:

I presently stay at number 04 Banire Street Off Itire Road, Surulere.
@lovala u are well come to lagos iam closer to u just 100 bus to aguda how is ghanna stay well in nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:49am On Jun 15, 2013
Hello house, my AIT @ Amos17E is Red. Please any new frequency or solution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (2353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.