Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5510545 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingmayah: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Badr@26e requires bigger dish and not 60 or 90cm dish.
@Sulieman3... To b honest with u, I dnt see anytin good on dt sat, all d channels der are scrambled. so tell me, whats so much on a scrambled channel dt one wud worry over it? Or are there smtin u guys knw i dont knw abt dz sat?.......hmmmmm!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agitator: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2013
kingmayah:
@Sulieman3... To b honest with u, I dnt see anytin good on dt sat, all d channels der are scrambled. so tell me, whats so much on a scrambled channel dt one wud worry over it? Or are there smtin u guys knw i dont knw abt dz sat?.......hmmmmm!

MBC HDs!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizz: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2013
odilibe: I tnink, the only new channel here is jsc sports HD1/2,though it has been on hotbird for more than 3months now..

On my 3m they are new
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feasy1(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2013
Hello Sat gurus,
My 3m fiber dish (would have gone for 4m but for space constraint) was installed yesterday on Nilesat. The installer mentioned he'll get Abu Dhabi sport but unfortunately ADSport TPs cant be tracked
As it is now, I can only get MBCs(no HD)and Aljazeera sports.This is no value for money considering I have Abu Dhabi HD décoder and 6 month subscription left on Aljazeera and Abu Dhabi card.

My questions are
1. Is there à good chance I can nail Badr 26E with 3m dish in Lagos?
2. Are Abu Dhabi sport TPs activé on Badr 26E
3. I have read on the thread That MBC HDs TPs are active on Badr. Please confirm.
4. Will Yahsat do any better for the MBC HDs?

Below are the channels i hope to be able to view
1. AD Sport HD 3-8, Sky News
2. Al Jazeera Sport +1 to +10, HD1,HD2
3.MBC 2,4,Max,Action (All HD)
4. CNN
5. BBC.
Looking forward to your valuable responses for the near set up taking info considération the résources at hand.

Many thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2013
kwame-king:
Pls house: I've finally bought a 1.8m dish. I want to track Irib on Arabsat20E. Pls I know the frequency as well as the biss key. But my difficulty is on how to position the ground mount dish. I mean should I be turning the dish UP & DOWN like how we track 90cm dish? 2. do I have to put the dielectric plate inside the throat of the C-Band LNB b4 tracking? 3. Can I use 3964v30000 straight forward in tracking te IRIB channels? or I should track a Ku-channel at 20E b4 inputing the Irib frequency and do the tracking of the Irib channel? 4. Where should the C-Band LNB block face? 5. After inserting the dielectric plate, should I put that plastic lid which covers the throat of the C-Band LNB? PLEASE house, help me out.

kwame,make sure you have flat surface for your ground mount dish,place your dish there.put di-electric plate inside your lnb ,track using aljazeera news tp.once you have good signal try and skew your lnb for maximum signal strength then scan your receiver you should have your IRIB channel.No need to put the plastic lid and if you still wanna put it no issues its just to prevent cob webs into the throat of the lnb.
Note find a means of fasting your ground mount dish to the flat surface because of heavy wind .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2013
lincolnola: At all the gurus,
I have tracked amos 5 @ 17e, i want to add Badr 5 @ 26e,pls how do i easily do that on 60cm dish and the working TP.
@Lincolnola track 28e multitv with 60cm dish when you hit green with high signal % pick the channels then lift ur dish up slitly to reduce the signal to 65/68 that is Badr 5 @ 26e then blind scan 10 Channels will pop up 5FTA &5 MBCHD scramled.read petfun4u post on page 361-365 with pics its very easy to track.Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2013
feasy1: Hello Sat gurus,
My 3m fiber dish (would have gone for 4m but for space constraint) was installed yesterday on Nilesat. The installer mentioned he'll get Abu Dhabi sport but unfortunately ADSport TPs cant be tracked
As it is now, I can only get MBCs(no HD)and Aljazeera sports.This is no value for money considering I have Abu Dhabi HD décoder and 6 month subscription left on Aljazeera and Abu Dhabi card.

My questions are
1. Is there à good chance I can nail Badr 26E with 3m dish in Lagos?
2. Are Abu Dhabi sport TPs activé on Badr 26E
3. I have read on the thread That MBC HDs TPs are active on Badr. Please confirm.
4. Will Yahsat do any better for the MBC HDs?

Below are the channels i hope to be able to view
1. AD Sport HD 3-8, Sky News
2. Al Jazeera Sport +1 to +10, HD1,HD2
3.MBC 2,4,Max,Action (All HD)
4. CNN
5. BBC.
Looking forward to your valuable responses for the near set up taking info considération the résources at hand.

Many thanks

1.yes but not all tps will pop up.I have abudhabi on my 3m since i dont have the card i dont bother myself.making it fixed on badr 26 you should be good.
2.yes
3.confirmed
4.Not sure but the full signal is there.

1.yes
2.No better move to Hotbird.
3.Nilesat 101/102 is your best bet for mbc1234 max and action.You get some mbcHD on AB7 too.
4.No
5.No.you can still get some feed on w3a/astra 28 for both cnn and aljazeera.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2013
kingmayah:
I dn't have interest on that bird, only the MBC's interest me there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feasy1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
Obnelly, Many thanks for the detailed response. Will give Badr 26E à shot, however I need aljazeera + package and News channel is a must,looks like motorising it might be the way to go. Or using a smaller dish for CNN since someone mentioned CNN is free on DSTV TPs, will need to reconfirm that though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ebuka44: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
I got those eutelsat w7 channels with 90cm in the east here in anambra state.channels like jsc sports channel and aljezeera news channel.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ebuka44: I got those eutelsat w7 channels with 90cm in the east here in anambra state.channels like jsc sports channel and aljezeera news channel.
@Ebuka how many FTA Channels are in it?& pls list their names. Nwanne nka bu kwa magic ooh )can someone else in the East comfirm this pls@Auchs & others.Viva Fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ebuka44: I got those eutelsat w7 channels with 90cm in the east here in anambra state.channels like jsc sports channel and aljezeera news channel.
my friend u must be talking about arabsat 5c at 20E where u av jsc sports, aljezeera news etc... The sat is not eutelsat w7..its arabsat 5C
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
kd10: @Ebuka how many FTA Channels are in it?& pls list their names. Nwanne nka bu kwa magic ooh )can someone else in the East comfirm this pls@Auchs & others.Viva Fta.

naijaobi:
my friend u must be talking about arabsat 5c at 20E where u av jsc sports, aljezeera news etc... The sat is not eutelsat w7..its arabsat 5C

Aljazeera on 7w has always been available on 90 cm everywhere in nigeria on the NWA beam. Not a biggie.

11660 v 27500
11595 v 27500
11555 v 27500
11156 v 22400
10992 v 27500

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Kwame-king & Gurus
I tried adding Dstv to amos5 but couldnt hit green using 60 cm dish.
I was able to hit green on multitv some distance above the primary lnb but no success on dstv.
Pls how do i easily add dstv lnb on amos5?
And the working TP for dstv.thank you my gurus.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
now that MBC HD has showed up on our 90cm e/w how do we now get it to show( I mean open)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
lincolnola: @Kwame-king & Gurus
I tried adding Dstv to amos5 but couldnt hit green using 60 cm dish.
I was able to hit green on multitv some distance above the primary lnb but no success on dstv.
Pls how do i easily add dstv lnb on amos5?
And the working TP for dstv.thank you my gurus.

Dstv is few inches above the Multi TV. Use 12245H27500.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingmayah: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
@EBUKA...What part of Anambra are? I am in Anambra too. Tex me on 07035096353 so dt we can hv a chat. Tnk. Nde ewoo!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agitator: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
ayibatonye: now that MBC HD has showed up on our 90cm e/w how do we now get it to show( I mean open)

Seek and ye shall find grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
please has anyone tracked these FTA channels on dstv with mpeg-2(like 4663)?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
SULIEMAN3: please has anyone tracked these FTA channels on dstv with mpeg-2(like 4663)?.

@SULIEMAN,

You can get Silverbird Tv, CCTV news with MPEG 2 but you need an MPEG4 receiver for CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc.

I said this much in my earlier post announcing the package.

Also, they are not tied to DSTV. They are only on the same bird with DSTV which is Eutelsat 36A/36B.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
agitator:

Seek and ye shall find grin grin grin

@Agitator,
Kindly throw more light.are you watching those MBC HDs ?if yes,kinda teach us pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
SULIEMAN3: I dn't have interest on that bird, only the MBC's interest me there.
@Suliamen,
Pls how did you open the scrambled MBC HDs on Badr5 @ 26E?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
kd10: @Lincolnola track 28e multitv with 60cm dish when you hit green with high signal % pick the channels then lift ur dish up slitly to reduce the signal to 65/68 that is Badr 5 @ 26e then blind scan 10 Channels will pop up 5FTA &5 MBCHD scramled.read petfun4u post on page 361-365 with pics its very easy to track.Cheers.
You mean Badr 5 can be tracked with 60cm?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
George_D:

@SULIEMAN,

You can get Silverbird Tv, CCTV news with MPEG 2 but you need an MPEG4 receiver for CNN, TBN, Aljazeera, etc.

I said this much in my earlier post announcing the package.

Also, they are not tied to DSTV. They are only on the same bird with DSTV which is Eutelsat 36A/36B.
Thanks.
i have been enjoying the channels on my 4922a since you informed the house about it, just want to confirm for a neighbour who is using mpeg-2 rx. thanks so much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
lincolnola:
@Suliamen,
Pls how did you open the scrambled MBC HDs on Badr5 @ 26E?
Use HD rx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
astanco: You mean Badr 5 can be tracked with 60cm?
yes i have explain it above ok.go to ur Multitv Dish if ur signal is 85 & above slightly push up,ur signal will reduce leave at 65 then blind scan there you are Badr 5 28e ten channels but we hope more will fall in to make it more interesting to track in future.Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
kd10: yes i have explain it above ok.go to ur Multitv Dish if ur signal is 85 & above slightly push up,ur signal will reduce leave at 65 then blind scan there you are Badr 5 28e ten channels but we hope more will fall in to make it more interesting to track in future.Cheers
please , what are the name of the channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
[quote author=olenyi]

Aljazeera on 7w has always been available on 90 cm everywhere in nigeria on the NWA beam. Not a biggie.

11660 v 27500
11595 v 27500
11555 v 27500
11156 v 22400
10992 v 27500

@Sir Olenyi pls List of FTA on Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Setoop:
please , what are the name of the channels
go back to page 360/364 of this thread is their with Pics. Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Use HD rx.
@sulieman3 Am sure ur RX 4922A HD That's what am using also so what step do one need to take to watch it or do we just click on the channel then the pic will open pls guide us thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ibaku: LAUNCH OF HOTBIRD 13D HAS COME WITH GOOD TIDINGS, RESCAN FOR CHANNELS LIKE BBC WORLD, EURO NEWS, JSC SPORTS HD1, JSC SPORTS HD 2, JSC SPORTS NEWS HD, BeIN 1, BeIN SPORTS 2 N CO.

Ibaku ,thanks for that useful information,Hotbird 3A is now replace with hotbird 3D which have a better signal coverage .I have more than a thousand channel on hotbird and still counting.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
kd10: yes i have explain it above ok.go to ur Multitv Dish if ur signal is 85 & above slightly push up,ur signal will reduce leave at 65 then blind scan there you are Badr 5 28e ten channels but we hope more will fall in to make it more interesting to track in future.Cheers
tanx a lot,mercie beaucoup,mucho gracias,grazie,danke,dalu,sanu,nagwode. U want more?

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.