Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,132 members, 7,931,868 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:41 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5564006 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Is it true that there's a way you can configure your 4922A and it will watch DSTV free without using DONGLE? The person also said that one will have to pay 16,000 naira for one year.. Please my honourable Gurus is this true?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
Does anyone know where I can get this multi LNB holder?. It is needed ASAP. Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
These r pics of d signal quality of d sat I currently receive.....

1).Ait----amos5(17'E)

2).Zuku swahilli-----sirus4.8

3).Ntv/Lc2------nss7(22'w)

4).Joy sport(multitv)

5).

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nnachi404(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
feranmi 9: Is it true that there's a way you can configure your 4922A and it will watch DSTV free without using DONGLE? The person also said that one will have to pay 16,000 naira for one year.. Please my honourable Gurus is this true?
find out and let us know cos here is 4 free to air
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
5).Cctv9----dstv position(36'E)

6).Ctl africa------intelsat(68.53

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
Slapel: Any installer in ibadan who can help me track irib in ibadan to drop his numba so dat I call him.

You can call dis num:- 08034659869
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
Surprisingly, I used my 4669XII decoder and couldn't hit green on Irib. But when I replaced with 4922A,the green came.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls gurus help me...on my 90cm dish with a 2 in 1 discovering lnbf, one facing multi tv(with quality of 90%) and the other facing dstv(with quality of 79%,78%,77% and 72% on various tps.) But my mbc on dstv with 72% quality is always freezing in d evening .pls help me...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Freddygaz:

Post the pics bro!my project to nab the bird is laggin behind thnx!
@freddygaz...here are the pics, including yesterday match between MUN & CHE @ Hotbird_13east...happy hunting

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
GH-ONE:
Surprisingly, I used my 4669XII decoder and couldn't hit green on Irib. But when I replaced with 4922A,the green came.
@ GH-One am happy for you paah.its been a long time you have not posted over here,how was your Exams? pls what is your % on (4055v27500)Jsc sports on the same SAT?waiting for reply thanks & good evening to the Gurus, Odilibe, Obnelly,Olenyi & the rest.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thanks for the help, my 4922A is now working with internet but please can't I facebook with it? And Please gurus how can I get jsc and canal sport free I have hotbird installed already please.. Thanks sir.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
hbhatti:

@Swordswifter
Thanks for your reply. I am sure that none of these events happened. It was working alright just before. Turned off for a while (may be 2-3 hours) and then turned on back again and there was no sign of working, only blue light was flashing, thats it. I opened afterwards and there is no visible signs of any capacitor leakage/any burn out signs etc. Never had any problem before. Was working perfectly alright. May be powersupply board may have something wrong.

Regards
hbhatti

@hbhatti,

Your guess is as good as mine. The receiver will not boot if there is a slight imbalance in the power being supplied to the mother board. Remove the connector for the power supply from the main board and test the output of the connecter using the ground as the reference and the corresponding dc output values on the main motherboard as a guide. there are times that you might not see physical indications of damage of components by just looking at them. You need to test them first. When you are done make sure you replace all the connectors to the motherboard. Each one has a very funny way of behaving when not placed well back into their sockets. Remember, if you find it difficult working on your srt 4910HD, just send it to the technicians to work on it for you. Hope you start enjoying it again soon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DAMOCA: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2013
pliz guyz can i track hotbird with a 90cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thanks for remembering me. My brother I'll give you full details about the Irib later. There is confusion in my head for now, lol. This Irib signal is behaving in a funny way. May be the signal quality has reduced in Ghana. Because @ first I was hitting higher % with smaller dishes. Now with 1.8m dish, I can't even get 70%. The signal is behaving tonight. Flashes Green & Red. So let me take my time and track it well tomorrow morning. Surely I'll give you the full details tomorrow. Gud nyt!
kd10: @ GH-One am happy for you paah.its been a long time you have not posted over here,how was your Exams? pls what is your % on (4055v27500)Jsc sports on the same SAT?waiting for reply thanks & good evening to the Gurus, Odilibe, Obnelly,Olenyi & the rest.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
odilibe: @freddygaz...here are the pics, including yesterday match between MUN & CHE @ Hotbird_13east...happy hunting

Congrats bro I knw you worked your magic on the channels ;-)...you still using the 4M pan?thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
feranmi 9: Thanks for the help, my 4922A is now working with internet but please can't I facebook with it? And Please gurus how can I get jsc and canal sport free I have hotbird installed already please.. Thanks sir.

Jsc and Canal are nt Fta u hav to get their cards and afta that swing your dish to Nilesat to get the Jsc Hd channels!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Freddygaz:

Jsc and Canal are nt Fta u hav to get their cards and afta that swing your dish to Nilesat to get the Jsc Hd channels!
thanks sir. How can I get their card and how do I pay please? How much do I pay per year? Thanks a lot...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
odilibe: @freddygaz...here are the pics, including yesterday match between MUN & CHE @ Hotbird_13east...happy hunting
Odilibe,pls can we talk in camera?My email is oladat1@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lunsat:

Apparently the full IRIB package is also on Chinasat 12 @ 87.5E
The signal covers the middle of Africa from Sudan to the bottom of Tanzania. My dish cant tilt that far down but those who can can try.
If you are using a ku-band offset dish...you need to invert the dish or instal it upside down.. that will give you more room to see satellites in lower orbit or below 68.5east...i hope this helps grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
Freddygaz:

Congrats bro I knw you worked your magic on the channels ;-)...you still using the 4M pan?thanx
Not actually using 4m bro..... grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 12:35am On Aug 28, 2013
ezo4fta: Pls gurus help me...on my 90cm dish with a 2 in 1 discovering lnbf, one facing multi tv(with quality of 90%) and the other facing dstv(with quality of 79%,78%,77% and 72% on various tps.) But my mbc on dstv with 72% quality is always freezing in d evening .pls help me...
i have noticed that aswl, the bad news is that u cant control that even if u had gud signal as gud as 90% mbc wil still freeze bcoz the signal is low from the source.
For stable mbc 24/7 track w3a.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 28, 2013
Hi guys please help:
i use a hitv dish & decoder (mpeg 2) on 68e (mytv position)...is it possible to add another lnb to the dish to get more stations....if yes on which sat should i put the second lnb....thankyou..........eagerly waiting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 5:57am On Aug 28, 2013
pboy2buzy: I don't knw ooo.....I got 88-90% on sirus4.8 but etv hyde refused2 pop it only hits 66%-72% but its not stable hence d channel cudnt come out......so I v decided to buy another lnb,cuz I bliv wit a more powerful lnb I wud b able2 get very good reception........currently I use strong4 both c-bnd and ku-band..any advice on which lnbf to buy and amount?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DAMOCA: 6:02am On Aug 28, 2013
GUYZ IS AFNEX STILL AT 5w coz mine is red

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 6:20am On Aug 28, 2013
Rextab:
i have noticed that aswl, the bad news is that u cant control that even if u had gud signal as gud as 90% mbc wil still freeze bcoz the signal is low from the source.
For stable mbc 24/7 track w3a.
thanks 4 d reply. I really do appreciate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Lunsat ,thanks 4 d information, tel mi is it posible 2 nail irib here in kenya using ku band, if so give us d tp plz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 7:00am On Aug 28, 2013
new channel on eutelsat 36A/36B called AMEN TV.12272H 11199.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 7:02am On Aug 28, 2013
luvlyluckes: new channel on eutelsat 36A/36B called AMEN TV.12272H 11199.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 7:25am On Aug 28, 2013
pls to every body in the house.I want to use my 1m (90cm) dish with a c band lnb.I am in Delta State in Nigeria.I want to know the satellites i can use this my 1m dish with c band lnb on and have good signal.I dont know if i can use it 4 amos 5.pls all gurus in the house should reply me.u can also reply me thru dis email:Luvlyluckes@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 7:26am On Aug 28, 2013
odilibe: If you are using a ku-band offset dish...you need to invert the dish or instal it upside down.. that will give you more room to see satellites in lower orbit or below 68.5east...i hope this helps grin
@Odilibe ,I always respect your creativity work ....Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2013
uchechuwku: Does anyone know where I can get this multi LNB holder?. It is needed ASAP. Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=luvlyluckes][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.