Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,627 members, 7,937,846 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:05 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5569509 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 7:38am On Aug 28, 2013
luvlyluckes: pls to every body in the house.I want to use my 1m (90cm) dish with a c band lnb.I am in Delta State in Nigeria.I want to know the satellites i can use this my 1m dish with c band lnb on and have good signal.I dont know if i can use it 4 amos 5.pls all gurus in the house should reply me.u can also reply me thru dis email:Luvlyluckes@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2013
greymwasonko: Lunsat ,thanks 4 d information, tel mi is it posible 2 nail irib here in kenya using ku band, if so give us d tp plz

Kenya is at the centre of the Chinasat 12 KU footprint according to the maps. Check my earlier post for the TP..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 8:22am On Aug 28, 2013
odilibe: If you are using a ku-band offset dish...you need to invert the dish or instal it upside down.. that will give you more room to see satellites in lower orbit or below 68.5east...i hope this helps grin

Thanks @Odilibe. Indeed I have a 1.35cm offset dish.I will try flipping it next weekend.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2013
Lunsat:

Thanks @Odilibe. Indeed I have a 1.35cm offset dish.I will try flipping it next weekend.
Good morn @ lunsat,have a problem I want 2 share with d gurus and I notice d quality of ur input.I blive my u wil solve my problem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 8:38am On Aug 28, 2013
satmaniac:
Good morn @ lunsat,have a problem I want 2 share with d gurus and I notice d quality of ur input.I blive my u wil solve my problem
I have a 1.8m in lokoja I want to track nilesat with it,have seen elsewhere in same lokoja 1.8m position on nilesat with d mbcs showing.
Since then have been trying to nail dat sat on my 1.8m dish,bt to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?could u or any other guru in d house put it down.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2013
satmaniac:
I have a 1.8m in lokoja I want to track nilesat with it,have seen elsewhere in same lokoja 1.8m position on nilesat with d mbcs showing.
Since then have been trying to nail dat sat on my 1.8m dish,bt to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?could u or any other guru in d house put it down.
yes we do use 1.8m to track nilesat in kogi state but you will to be patiently tracking it. Make sure you use fuji LNB. I don't think Lunsat is from nigeria, and may not know lokoja.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2013
SULIEMAN3: yes we do use 1.8m to track nilesat in kogi state but you will to be patiently tracking it. Make sure you use fuji LNB. I don't think Lunsat is from nigeria, and may not know lokoja.
I normally use 1.8m dish to track Nilesat bird in Ibadan with Black Inverto and Fuji LNBF .My MBC signal is 52% & JSC is 51% .You can get it when your 10992 signal is 72% .with patient and alot of creativity ideal ,am sure you will achieved your best result.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2013
GH-ONE:
Surprisingly, I used my 4669XII decoder and couldn't hit green on Irib. But when I replaced with 4922A,the green came.

@pboy2busy.

Do take note.

@obnelly,

How far about ur irib hunt. Do update us.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2013
pboy2buzy: 5).Cctv9----dstv position(36'E)

6).Ctl africa------intelsat(68.53

Ur intelsat 20 signals are poor compared to ur dish size. I believe this is from ur lnb skew/dish alignment. But it can be managed.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2013
ezo4fta: Pls gurus help me...on my 90cm dish with a 2 in 1 discovering lnbf, one facing multi tv(with quality of 90%) and the other facing dstv(with quality of 79%,78%,77% and 72% on various tps.) But my mbc on dstv with 72% quality is always freezing in d evening .pls help me...

Noticed dat myself someday back. Could be from a lot of factors.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
olenyi:

Ur intelsat 20 signals are poor compared to ur dish size. I believe this is from ur lnb skew/dish alignment. But it can be managed.

Regards.

D intelsat signal been poor was as a result of d weather as at ysday its usually around 70%

Please I wanna buy a more powerful lnb both ku nd c-band....please can u advice me on what brand to buy and the amount...........I currently use stong lnb(both c nd ku-band) which I bought #2500 and #1000 respectively...............thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drpialabi: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2013
@ arelukman. I v tried nilesat wt my 1.8m dish here in ibadan to no avail. Can u help me. Also can u help me wt irib in ibadan. Wont mind 2 v r phone numba
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2013
[img][/img][img][/img]
satmaniac:
I have a 1.8m in lokoja I want to track nilesat with it,have seen elsewhere in same lokoja 1.8m position on nilesat with d mbcs showing. Since then have been trying to nail dat sat on my 1.8m dish,bt to no avail.What am I doing wrong?could u or any other guru in d house put it down.

@ satmaniac, as @Sulieman3 said, the Gurus in Nigeria, especially from Lokoja, are better placed to assist. what I can say is that if others with similar dish of similar size are getting nilesat in Lokoja and you are not then likely one of the following could be true:
i. The dish may be warped hence not focusing all the signal on the LNB. Take it down, put it on a flat surface upside down and check that all sides are touching down.
1i. Your LNB is not sensitive enough for fringe reception. Get a better lnb such as a Samson or Fuji
iii. The TP maybe inactive. Make sure you are using a working TP. The gurus here will help you.
iv. Your Azimuth, elevation or skew maybe wrong. Go to www.dishpoint.com and enter Lokoja, Nigeria and select nilesat and press enter. A satellite picture of Lokoja will appear which you can focus and adjust until the green dot is over your house. The picture will show you the direction to point the dish from your house. At the bottom of the map you will see the azimuth angle, elevation angle, and the LNB skew angle which you should use to adjust your dish and LNB settings.

When Everything is correct at your dish start your hunt and you will lock on to nilesat.

All the best.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
Aerial view of Lokoja, Nigeria as seen frm WWW.dishpointer.com

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
Oga Olenyi and other ogas pls an installer installed amos 5 for me and I could nt see oromia channel. Pls how do I knw if he included 17e what are the other stations are included at 17e. Peace
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Seyilome: Oga Olenyi and other ogas pls an installer installed amos 5 for me and I could nt see oromia channel. Pls how do I knw if he included 17e what are the other stations are included at 17e. Peace

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

http://www.flysat.com/e16a.php

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
drpialabi: @ arelukman. I v tried nilesat wt my 1.8m dish here in ibadan to no avail. Can u help me. Also can u help me wt irib in ibadan. Wont mind 2 v r phone numba
This is my number : 08060864293
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please how can I pay online for HOTBIRD channels? And since I am paying online do I still need smart card? Thanks..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
feranmi 9: Please how can I pay online for HOTBIRD channels? And since I am paying online do I still need smart card? Thanks..
@Feranmi ,most Hotbird Italian package open with A GPRS Doogle .Like Sky Sports ,Canal Sport ,JSC 1 - 4 ,Nova sports ,because most of them are irdeto signal . If you want to pay online ,you need to subscribe for particular package through all package I mention above . Beware of online payment oooo...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
olenyi:

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php thanks boss. It seems that u will give me tp for tracking both so that I will scan manually.peace

http://www.flysat.com/e16a.php

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvlyluckes(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=luvlyluckes][/quote]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by amingimba(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lunsat: [img][/img][img][/img]

@ satmaniac, as @Sulieman3 said, the Gurus in Nigeria, especially from Lokoja, are better placed to assist. what I can say is that if others with similar dish of similar size are getting nilesat in Lokoja and you are not then likely one of the following could be true:
i. The dish may be warped hence not focusing all the signal on the LNB. Take it down, put it on a flat surface upside down and check that all sides are touching down.
1i. Your LNB is not sensitive enough for fringe reception. Get a better lnb such as a Samson or Fuji
iii. The TP maybe inactive. Make sure you are using a working TP. The gurus here will help you.
iv. Your Azimuth, elevation or skew maybe wrong. Go to www.dishpoint.com and enter Lokoja, Nigeria and select nilesat and press enter. A satellite picture of Lokoja will appear which you can focus and adjust until the green dot is over your house. The picture will show you the direction to point the dish from your house. At the bottom of the map you will see the azimuth angle, elevation angle, and the LNB skew angle which you should use to adjust your dish and LNB settings.

When Everything is correct at your dish start your hunt and you will lock on to nilesat.

All the best.
if u still need help about nilesat call me wit dis numba i come nd check it 4 u...08036018258
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Edox4(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
House pls I mistakenly reset ma srt4669x digibox,pls wot do I do to get ma channels back
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
@All, what is de prices of 1.8m, 2.4m & 4m dishes.thanks in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feranmi9(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
Arelukman:
@Feranmi ,most Hotbird Italian package open with A GPRS Doogle .Like Sky Sports ,Canal Sport ,JSC 1 - 4 ,Nova sports ,because most of them are irdeto signal . If you want to pay online ,you need to subscribe for particular package through all package I mention above . Beware of online payment oooo...

thanks but do I need smart card inserted in my strong or can't strong work? Moreso, if I am not doing online payment how can I pay please? Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
olenyi:

@pboy2busy.

Do take note.

@obnelly,

How far about ur irib hunt. Do update us.

Regards.

Arabsat 20e isn't difficult to track but its unfortunate that most people will find it difficult to pull in irib varzuzh on the same satellite.tracking with aljazeera news tp will make things easier but remember to get your irib signal to be stable your aljazeera tp must be 96/97.irib signal isn't like aljazeera tp like most people think.do not compare aljazeera tp with irib tp even with your 80 per cent on aljazeera ,irib will only flash or not stable.until your jsc is close to 96 you have stable signal.so those people who thing with 90cm things would be fine ,well I regret to tell you yes and no.if what you want is aljazeera news on 9ocm I will say yes and if its irib I will say no its not possible on 90cm.use either 1.8-2.4m for your irib to avoid any hiccups.
Shalom.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
feranmi 9:
thanks but do I need smart card inserted in my strong or can't strong work? Moreso, if I am not doing online payment how can I pay please? Thanks
The Only way for internet is if you use cccam account to descramble your hotbird signal or I you can request Italia sky smart card from Italy or use fastest and crack doogle .That is option I think you can practice .On hotbird ,there is alot of sports channels that shoe all EPL ,LALIGA ,SERIA ,BUNDESLIGA etc .included FOX SPORTS ,CANAL SPORT etc .Kindly check www.liveonsat.com for your match fixture .

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jezsie: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hy gurus, pls I noticed that my zee cinema,MBC,setanta Africa,colour,etc on 36e is not showing this morning around 6.30am except cctv, dish .Is it the same with you all .Thanks .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
olenyi:

Noticed dat myself someday back. Could be from a lot of factors.

Regards.
Thanks so much for ur reply..GOD bless u..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
jezsie: Hy gurus, pls I noticed that my zee cinema,MBC,setanta Africa,colour,etc on 36e is not showing this morning around 6.30am except cctv, dish .Is it the same with you all .Thanks .
I notice same in d morning but it is back on now...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Lunsat: [img][/img][img][/img]

All the best.
Thanks for attending to my lil problem.
@ the time of asking the question I luk 4 all d gurus bt where nt present and I need solution sharpally,so I opt for u knowin so well dat u re nt frm Nigeria,and u re present then,and all I need is some tips and thank u immensely for providing that.
Nothing stopping me from nabbing the pirates on the river nile.
C u later kiss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sexynick: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
pls guys which o f dis hd Decoder shoud i buy:opticum hd ts 9600 ,Orton Hd X403p or should i go for a strong product.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.