Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,841 members, 7,945,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery (10724 Views)

Evans Sentenced To 21 Years Imprisonment For Kidnapping / Ekiti Man Drugs His Girlfriend, Films Her Being Raped By Friends, Uploads Video / Father Bags 21 Years For Raping Late Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Nosayer: 6:41am On May 24, 2022
IsellSmartTvs:
I guess he couldn’t afford an attorney,21 years for a petty and bailable offense.
I think Nigeria also provides state attorney for the less privileged,abi him Dey stammer ni
You said bailable offence. Maybe it is but he could have killed someone since he was armed. What about the ritualists that kill people for 15, 20k.

Someone up there has also forgotten that murderers are sentenced to death by hanging.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by cpu2006(m): 6:42am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:
I can't wait to see how long the former Accountant General will be jailed for.

Even though I feel he deserve to be killed

He will be released on technical ground. Abi u no hear what efcc said yesterday
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by DonGtoG1(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2022
He should be compelled to pay the money he robbed off the okada rider, pay his fine and repent of his sin, or be 53years old after serving his jail term and continue living shattered life.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by dhope: 6:44am On May 24, 2022
Mayflowa:

There is an option of fine for N25,000. If he can pay the fine, he won't go to jail. However, he is still labelled ex-convict!
You understand the clause of fine option of 25k because you read the story to details. Many folks up there didn't bother to read everything but jumped to type something by commenting. That's the attitude of fellow nigerians and some blacks, they don't read

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by autodevice(m): 6:45am On May 24, 2022
It's ok. But the most lethal armed rubbers are in government.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by IsellSmartTvs: 6:47am On May 24, 2022
Nosayer:

You said bailable offence. Maybe it is but he could have killed someone since he was armed. What about the ritualists that kill people for 15, 20k.

Someone up there has also forgotten that murderers are sentenced to death by hanging.
Been armed is tantamount to attempted murder,ikr
But pple get bailed for offense worse than his.He’s just a victim of poor representation
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Hausa(m): 6:48am On May 24, 2022
Jail term - 21 years.
Option of fine - 25k.
I mean, this isn't commensurate at all.

Something he'll pay lickety split and then find a way to take revenge on the victim.
The ruling just dey one kind.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by oyeb15: 6:49am On May 24, 2022
21 years or 25k. Though he has spent one year in prison through d trial.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2022
He will look for that 25k sharpardly
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by sammirano: 6:58am On May 24, 2022
The sentence is too much, Nigeria justice system ba anyhow
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by martinslaura: 7:04am On May 24, 2022
RedMac:
there is no justification for any crime... but wait o... is that not a fine of 25k am seeing, abi shey my eyes dey pain me ni

I WAS GOING TO ASK O. CAUSE E NO MAKE SENSE 21 YEARS OR 25K? WHAT WOULD ONE PICK. THE EQUATION NO BALANCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by martinslaura: 7:06am On May 24, 2022
puremaker7:
i'm so happy right now, he wasted his life because of mere 10k...
Think about it, this is the type that kills anyhow.

I would have preferred jungle justice but I'm not a cow from the north.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by martinslaura: 7:06am On May 24, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Yet Buhari just granted 2 former Governors who stole billions pardon and freedom. How much will Accountant general bag? Bloody hypocrites in power. God bless Nigeria.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Farid24224(m): 7:10am On May 24, 2022
Christian bastard!!!

Good for him. tongue
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Moneyboyz: 7:11am On May 24, 2022
Pen and paper robbers who have caused more damage are being pardoned.
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by puremaker7(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2022
martinslaura:

I would have preferred jungle justice but I'm not a cow from the north.
yes we are not animals, but sometmes Jungle justice is good if a criminal is caught in the act.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Tremple8v: 7:20am On May 24, 2022
He could have killed the okada man ... imagine the bike man has no help . The thief was armed with a knife .
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Kingpin1000: 7:31am On May 24, 2022
puremaker7:
Did you not see option of 25k
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Goalnaldo(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2022
inoki247:
10k don take away this one freedom for the next 20years plus and na all diz type of robber dey always dey brutal ready to stab anything...
you didn't see where there's an option of fine of #25,000?
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Born2Breed(f): 7:33am On May 24, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
Ekiti: Man bags 21 years imprisonment for armed robbery

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/23/ekiti-man-bags-21-years-imprisonment-for-armed-robbery/

Politician that stole billions will be jailed 7yrs, with option of some millions and pardoned after 3yrs.

But someone stole 10k and gave him an option almost triple the amount he stole.

One politician stole 3 billion, went for plea bargain and was meant to pay 3million,he went to the booth of his car and brought 3 million cash.

SMH
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Bahamas95(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2022
25k fine?

What a lucky fellow, if he likes he should continue stealing.....He won't be lucky next time.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Goalnaldo(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2022
puremaker7:
no he has an option of fine which is 25k.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Goalnaldo(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2022
pol23:

The option of fine no too bad.
1k for each year.. lol
Nigerian judges are jokers. Meager 25k not even 1m or 500k.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Theimperial: 7:49am On May 24, 2022
This country is funny
They sent a criminal of 10k for 21years,
Politicians of billions naira/dollars walking free, receiving presidential pardon.
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by just2endowed: 7:55am On May 24, 2022
Parachoko:
I can't wait to see how long the former Accountant General will be jailed for.

Even though I feel he deserve to be killed

He will have an option of fine too. Maybe 20k
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by RedMac: 7:58am On May 24, 2022
martinslaura:

I WAS GOING TO ASK O. CAUSE E NO MAKE SENSE 21 YEARS OR 25K? WHAT WOULD ONE PICK. THE EQUATION NO BALANCE.

if the whole story is true with the 21 years and 25k... then i formally endorse jungle justice to any thief caught

cause how do u explain these, imagine does it mean that this was the first time he was stealing, what happens to the ones he have been stealing before... rubbish
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by pacespot(m): 8:11am On May 24, 2022
Let's see how many years that accountant general of federation who stole N80b will get
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Lekan239(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2022
inoki247:
10k don take away this one freedom for the next 20years plus and na all diz type of robber dey always dey brutal ready to stab anything...
I'm sure you didn't read the text
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Lekan239(m): 8:18am On May 24, 2022
inoki247:
I'm sure you didn't read the text

Go to prison for 21years or pay fine of 25k
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by DominionGreat: 8:41am On May 24, 2022
Most nairalanders read to comment not to understand..

There Is an option of fine there which is just N25k..
Re: Ekiti: Man Bags 21 Years Imprisonment For Armed Robbery by Teerach: 9:54am On May 24, 2022
Meanwhile the real thieves are roaming the streets doing campaign for the next election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Dropped ₦‎20 Billion Trial, EFCC Again Tries To Indict Kogi / Fourteen Oil Workers Kidnapped In Rivers- The Vanguard / Suspected Okada Thief Set Ablaze In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.