Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,669 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:07 PM

My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us (47517 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Tobijays: 9:10am On May 26, 2022
satandeterrible:

Brother, let me tell you.
Forget what everyone else might be saying here.
Your wife's case is not a case or post partum depression or whatever jargon they want to give you.
Its all lies. Stupid lies intended to manipulate you into believing that she is not conscious of the actions she has been taking.

No reasonable woman will fail to take care of her baby, depression or not. No reasonable woman will just wake up and tell you the marriage is over, depression or not.
Believe otherwise at your one peril.
I strongly put it to you that your wife is fully aware of her actions and she is fully thinking out every of her steps.

That being said, you dey eff up. You dey eff up big time. Why will you care about what other people say? That's a very unattractive, low quality from a man. Honestly, how can you give a damn about what people say about your life. Your own life?

My man, as it stands now, divorce is the best option. Divorce that lady now and start looking for a sensible girl to marry, if you're so inclined.

Even if you do not divorce her immediately, take your child away from her.
It is wickedness on your part to allow your own toddler not to receive enough attention and care at this crucial stage.
You have been wicked to that baby and you must now ammend your steps. How do you feel when you know fully well that your wife is not taking care of your infant? How do you sleep at night?
No matter the care from your in-laws, parental affection cannot be matched.
You do not expect that they'll take care of the baby the way you should have done.

I cannot even imagine that my own offspring is not beign taken care of properly by my wife, yet I abandon him/her to my in-laws to take care of. That is so low of you. So, so low. I am disgusted! How can your child be suffering neglect why you, the father, are alive? Please don't give me the bullcrap of in-laws. Unless you want to say your in laws are better human than you are.

Now is time to get over your neglect and wickedness towards your own offspring.
Take back your child now. If necessary, employ a nanny who will help you take care of the child.
But you have to make extra sacrifices. Do not abandon the child to the nanny. Take extra steps to be overly present and involved in the taking care of your own child.

This is exactly what you have to do. If you decide to take any other directly contrasting opinion from this forum, I assure you that it will most certainly not end well.
God bless you bro. Imagine ooo saying postpartum, have you seen a mad woman with a baby? have you seen the way she tends for her baby? So what excuse does she have. Bro take your kid for her family to support you and ask you to come with soldiers, it says a lot sir either she dy maltreat the baby or abusing the baby. Save the child now later when she is better she can access

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by DKM123: 9:12am On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Please and please I need mature and sensible advise.

Cc: RoyalRoy

I want this thread to be moved to the right and appropriate section. Thank you!

Have they checked whether she is having mental issues? It doesn't make any sense that a NIGERIAN woman who is always stigmatized and ashamed of divorce will willingly leave her matrimonial home after just 2 years of marriage for NO REASON at all.

As for taking care of your baby. Why can't you take care of your own child? Is it written anywhere that a man cannot care for his child? The women who care for thier babies, do they have two heads that you don't have? The child is not even breastfeeding so what's your problem?
Later, you men will say a woman has NOTHING to offer but ordinary to take care of your own child is like rocket science to you.

You better go and carry your baby and let them admit your wife to Uselu Psychiatric or something. Unless there is more to why she left you, that you aren't telling us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by DonMaxxy(m): 9:49am On May 26, 2022
[quote author=InsideLife2022 post=113179023][/quote]
Ladies in their 30s are the worst to manage.
They are not malleable at all. 80% of them are the feminists wannabe. You will think that they are experienced in life matters, only to discover that they are just damaged ladies
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by satandeterrible: 9:59am On May 26, 2022
Tobijays:
God bless you bro. Imagine ooo saying postpartum, have you seen a mad woman with a baby? have you seen the way she tends for her baby? So what excuse does she have. Bro take your kid for her family to support you and ask you to come with soldiers, it says a lot sir either she dy maltreat the baby or abusing the baby. Save the child now later when she is better she can access
Mek him dey there Mek pant dey wear am.
Women here are telling him post partum nonsense and he might believe oo..

Wetin concern me

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Mindlog: 10:05am On May 26, 2022
Tobijays:

Being mad or not before giving birth has never be the criteria for diagnosing postpartum depression or postpartum psychosis. Some men, after the birth of their baby also do experience postpartum depression .

There is wisdom in first clinically eliminating postpartum depression as the root of the mood disorder she has been exhibiting.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kobojunkie: 10:21am On May 26, 2022
DKM123:
1 As for taking care of your baby. Why can't you take care of your own child? Is it written anywhere that a man cannot care for his child? The women who care for thier babies, do they have two heads that you don't have? The child is not even breastfeeding so what's your problem?

Later, you men will say a woman has NOTHING to offer but ordinary to take care of your own child is like rocket science to you.
1. A very important question to ask of Nigerians indeed. undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Bigfish121(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2022
Omo op try confirm if na you get the pikin ooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:09pm On May 26, 2022
Your wife will return to you, but you have to be patient and give her more time. Keep calling, texting, she will come back to her senses. Not advisable you get the baby from her.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by EmekaBlue(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2022
grin

I dey busy... i no read the writeup but money i guess must be involved.

Useless generation women everywhere these days

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Samari23sam: 1:57pm On May 26, 2022
This Is The Reason Why People Don't Want To Help You.

In the wicked world, we live in, witches and wizards get higher ranks based on the amount and level of wickedness they've done. So don't feel you've not offended anyone so no one can do you evil.

A witch can donate the life of her husband in the coven to get more power and rank. She can also donate any of her children. She can donate her only child. Likewise a wizard. Is that not a high level of evil? Now tell me who you are that a witch or wizard can't harm you.

My chiefs and ma'ams, we need to hold strong to God and spirituality so we'll not suffer from the shackle of evildoers.

When you feel depressed and things aren't working well for you, you're experiencing hardship and family, friends and loved ones don't want to help you. No one care about you. Your siblings with higher opportunities tend to help strangers than help you. Don't call them wicked, don't call them stingy. Don't tag them names that are not theirs.

The problem is you.
Keep reading in the main thread by clicking the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7146446/reason-why-people-dont-want

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Hotzone(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2022
Do u need official divorce?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by baretalk: 1:58pm On May 26, 2022
She no like you again.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by sonofElElyon: 1:58pm On May 26, 2022
blaquebelle:
Being that she just gave birth, it could be postpartum depression. Have you really sat down to discuss what her problem is? She must have given you reasons at least, even what you call none tangible, you can start from there. Try and convince her to attend marriage counselling or talk to her respected religious leader if she has one. If she doesn't agree to all these, there's really no point in forcing her to stay with you. Even the attitudes she would give you might make you regret forcing her back. As for the baby, choose based on the best environment for the child. Would you really have the time to be attentive to that delicate child, is the child still being breast fed. There are many things to consider in childcare. It's not as easy as it seems, even with the presence of a nanny.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Jolomenas: 1:59pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

From a medical point of view, I strongly believe your wife is suffering from postpartum depression.
Seek professional help.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by OkutaNla: 1:59pm On May 26, 2022
Maybe she's suffering from postpartum depression. Google it and compare the symptoms to the behaviour she's exhibiting. If that's the case then she needs to seek professional help asap.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Honestfrend: 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
This is not good... Does she go 2 church, if she does take the matter to her pastor.

Your story is not complete.. I feel something may be wrong with her and she is finding it hard to tell. It could be health issue.

Els going to carry your baby is not a good idea. Naturally I don't support a baby raised by a single parent. The will definitely affect the child in later life.

Whatsoever u decide to do ensure she gets medical help. Goodluck anyways
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by ojuu4u(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Many of u do bite more than what u could shew during ur relationship/courtship. the money, caring , attention etc you give ur girlfriend, will u be able to sustain them?

Infact, did u have the least resources to power ur marriage?

These are some of conditions we husbands do fail to take into cognisance before we married.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kwara1stson: 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Post partum depression. She needs therapy
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Vixlot: 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Let her go... don't beg her

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Is this not one of those fairytales that will be short and stated thus.
Click the link to continue?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Abfinest007(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Sorry
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by VIKTO83(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2022
Spiritual husband is real.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by MT: 2:01pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

You can't take your baby, that will be an offence unless you have irrefutable evidences to present before a court showing she's not capable to take care of the baby e.g insanity.

Based on what happened, if she had made up her mind, there's nothing you can do. Move on and have a new life. There is no worse experience than being in a relationship with a disgruntled spouse. It's hell right on this earth. She has her reasons; it might be silly and not tenable but it's her reason. Respect it and move on please.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by BGSM: 2:01pm On May 26, 2022
Some women go insane during labour and immediately after labour. Don’t misunderstand her for now, she seriously need medical and psychological attention before it’s too late.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by KaluwisxPRO: 2:02pm On May 26, 2022
Post Birth disorder. She will get over it, This also happen to animals, sometimes when a dog gives birth to too many babies, she deliberately sleep on some to reduce the stress.

Your wife needs counseling and conversation with someone she’s very close to before marriage.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by chloride6: 2:02pm On May 26, 2022
I really hope this isn't fake..
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 26, 2022
She's probably suffering from postpartum depression. Give her some time alone, don't contact her just let her be for some time she'll miss you.

It's time you people stop involving soldiers in domestic affairs, it's not our primary assignment and its even illegal.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Emmani360(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2022
Could be postpartum depression.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by thorpido(m): 2:04pm On May 26, 2022
It's post partum depression.Get help for her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor / Wife Omitted From Obituary After Killing Husband And Children In Benue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.