Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us (47454 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by jabbo(m): 3:43pm On May 26, 2022
She may be suffering from postpartum depression. Take it easy with her. Seek professional help, she would be fine if treated. Goodluck!
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Armanipounds: 3:43pm On May 26, 2022
Well... I'm unmarried and don't like giving married couples advice, but reading through your story, I don't know why I have got the gut feelings that you left out details.. In every story, there are some untold stories.. because your wife cannot just get up overnight and insist she is leaving you. Why you created a new anonymous account and still you can't spill out the truth.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Uguruzik(m): 3:45pm On May 26, 2022
[quote author=InsideLife2022 post=113179023][/quote]
32! Hmmm I was thinking she'll be around 17/18yrs
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by LLSAINT(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2022
Not an option
She never cared for the baby and she might hurt the baby.
Both should be separated as she may have ulterior motives
GboyegaD:
Why not allow her to be raising the baby for now and you provide what the baby needs?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by letitrainnow(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2022
Pray about it
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by gbami(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Please and please I need mature and sensible advise.

Cc: RoyalRoy

I want this thread to be moved to the right and appropriate section. Thank you!

Right now Bro. Forget what people say, will say and not say...Do what is right for your baby. If taking your child to your mom will be perfect for your 5months child, please for goodness sake, do it.

As for your wife, any woman who is able to give up on her child, should not be seen around you. She is heartless.
Finalize the divorce asap, and move on with your life. Her tagging along directly or indirectly will ruin your chance of success and taking care of your child.

Take care
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by lookgood4us(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2022
She maybe going through post partum depression. Seeing a psychiatric doctor may be helpful.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by LawFight(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join
me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

She has not been taking care of the baby. She was medically advised to stop breastfeeding our baby permanently. Is not that she breastfeeds our baby. My mother in-law and sisters in-law have been complaining about her lack of motherly treats.

They told me she doesn't even know how to take care of the baby. They cannot allow my child to be in her custody because she can't take care of the baby as a mother. She has fought her mother for asking her to leave her house to join her husband. Every member of her family has been asking her what the problem is. She keeps telling them to come and marry me that it's over between us.

I haven't told any of my family members or my friends of what is going on in my marriage. I am a kind of person that do not like involving a third party in my new marriage of lest than two years.

Her family has never supported her actions. Her mom and her siblings have been asking me to come take my wife and baby. But, my wife is not ready to join me. It has been a serious issues in her family house each time they push her to go meet her husband.

Her family has ask me to come with some soldiers or the police to come carry my baby and leave her since she claims she is no longer interested in any marriage. I have been trying my best to make sure my wife never lacked anything during her pregnancy and even after delivery.

My in-laws have been very supportive and good to me. I know they have never and will not support her for her wrong actions and behaviors. My challenge is, my baby is just 5 months and I don't want to take the baby to my parents because of the questions people around will be asking. I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife. I hate divorce with passion. My wife does not have any concrete reason why she decides to stay off our marriage.

Her family is fully in support of my next actions of going to take my baby. Now, the question is this; is it advisable to keep the baby with me while I employ a nanny to raise the baby with me?

Bro it happens ,it might postpartum depression and it happens in life and I think the best way to handle it is to look for someone that will stay with her. But don't let her know that the person is planned . So the perosn will be the one work on her mental health . Make sure the person (woman) so she can talk to her regularly if possible a religious perosn they can also help her with house chores and you too stay away from her form sometimes till she is better and please pray for her pray for her pray for her .

Pray works take it to anywhere

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Digmygold: 3:50pm On May 26, 2022
I smell lies. Bring your wife here let us hear her own side of the story first.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by davidadenrele: 3:52pm On May 26, 2022
Hello Bro,

Every marriage has its dark moment and challenges and these is one of such moment in the your marriage, my advice be of good courage be prayeful and be patient all will be well, however there can not be a smoke with a fire, are you really sure you didnt offend your wife?, just asking ? maybe you guys had an argument, and you shouted at her or she found out you cheated?? You need to first sit down and think back, every man or woman has someone they will never say no to you have to find out why she opting out of the marriage do your background investigation who is her best friend, or a close collegue whom you know you she can't do without they might give a clue to what might be happening a woman will always a close confidant, I don't support third party too in marriage but if you truly love your wife it's high time you speak to someone that can speak with her, you can never know what's lies behinde her action someone close to her might know trust me.

If you don't want to speak to anyone what's that one thing she love so much, gold necklace? expensive phone, wrist watch, perfumes, shoe or bag buy it make sure it's expensive one, women loves and appreciate expensive gift, trust me, give it to her with I love you complimentary card ask out for a date so that both of you can have heart to heart , discussion she will tell you a million and one thing you did to offend her don't argue while she speaks, give her the audience, just tell her you are sorry and that you need her back in your life.

It's mostly likely she wants your attention and you didnt care enough for her when she needed you women, can be petty and emotional over little things whichever way trust me all will be well my little peice of advice.

God be with you and your family!! And if you eventually sort out your issue don't forget to appreciate your inlaws and friends who tried to support you at your difficult moment in your marriage.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Tomamajojo(f): 3:52pm On May 26, 2022
Are you sure she's not going through postpartum depression... Give her like 6 to 10 months she will get over it. Dont nag her please, giving birth is not a small thing.

Put her in your prayers, try to get her a nanny too for the baby.

May the restore your home
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Elliot2(m): 3:52pm On May 26, 2022
blaquebelle:
Being that she just gave birth, it could be postpartum depression. Have you really sat down to discuss what her problem is? She must have given you reasons at least, even what you call none tangible, you can start from there. Try and convince her to attend marriage counselling or talk to her respected religious leader if she has one. If she doesn't agree to all these, there's really no point in forcing her to stay with you. Even the attitudes she would give you might make you regret forcing her back. As for the baby, choose based on the best environment for the child. Would you really have the time to be attentive to that delicate child, is the child still being breast fed. There are many things to consider in childcare. It's not as easy as it seems, even with the presence of a nanny.
So, Nigerians don finally don bring this oyibo post partum nonsense to their country. You guys love copying all the ills from the west. No time wey una dey copy better thing from the west. From gay to feminism to now post partum. Make una dey use English dey cover rubbish behaviour. Wait till Nigeria girls weaponise this thing, una eyes go clear.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Preciousgift120(f): 3:54pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I have been an active member on this forum for the past eight years. I just created this account to bring this issue to limelight. Good evening gentlemen and ladies. I got married in late 2020. God being merciful, we are blessed with a baby of 5 months. My wife has been giving me attitudes of recent. I have tried to find out what the problem has been, she is not saying anything tangible. I am being confused and depressed. I have been begging her to come back to join me after delivery. She keeps traumazing me emotionally. She just told me our marriage is over. She couldn't say what the problem is.

Op, She is going through postpartum depression, she needs your full support. Many women went through it without knowing, it takes a strong and willing mind to overcome.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by petzhy(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2022
Your wife may be keeping some secret from you and doesn't have the heart to bear it seeing you everyday.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Ilekokonit: 3:54pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
I don't want to be seen as someone who is separated from his wife.

Forget what people say about you 'cos if you do A people will talk, if you turn around and do B people will still talk. The biggest deliverance is not deliverance from evil spirits but deliverance from other peoples opinions. Afterall if you marry witch keep for house, these same people will not live with the winch but will leave you to live with the winch alone.

InsideLife2022:
I hate divorce with passion.

That's because you are new in the game unreasonable trap called marriage.

Its not necessarily a bad idea to get a nanny to look after your 5 month old baby but if you decide to do this, make sure you get a godly beautiful nanny who will not turn round and maltreat your firct child 'cos if the nanny is young and beautiful and single, you as a single man will fall in love with her. body no be firewood.

Your wife already telling you and her parents categorically that she is no longer interested in the marriage and her family has told you to bring army or police to forcefully take possession of your child and remove the 5 month old child from her custody. For her parents to tell you this, they are seeing things you haven't seen and that they can not tell you.

In simple terms, it's like your wife still wants to play around and is regretting entering the trap called marriage with you as there is someone else (another man) she is longing to be with in her heart right now and that's not a reflection on you but its just that she does not want to settle down right now and that's possibly why she does not want to bond with the child or breast feed her so that her breasts will still remain like those of someone who has not breast fed.

Forget her medical reasons for not wanting to breast feed. na wash.

Although the only defence your wife has will be if your sister(s) and / or your mum have been nasty to her behind your back or spoken unkind words to her behind your back and your wife was spooked by them especially IF you knew about this and you still took sides with your Mum and sisters hence her wanting to get out of your family and if this is the case, then your mum and Sister(s) are to blame for pushing your wife out 'cos these things happen with Nigerian inlaws and outlaws (in my own case, its my Ex father in law who was nasty to me and in my cousins case its one of our Aunts that went behind her back to say some unkind words to her Ghanaian husband and make the man abscond and leave my cousin to become a single mother many years ago).

But if your mum and/ or sister(s) have not spoken unkind words to your wife and she is like this, then I'm afraid she is only being honest and wants out of the marriage and the only kind thing you can do is allow her go in peace and don't force her to stay in a loveless marriage and save yourself future heartache / misery.

You are very lucky your wife is showing you her true colours less than 2 years into marriage 'cos my ex wife waited for 10 years before showing me her true colours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by BBBmall25: 3:55pm On May 26, 2022
Op, time heal all wounds. Similar thing happen to me, and i fought it all through God's help. If u give it a time, u will win! As for the baby, shouldn't be leave in the hand of such a toxic woman_ it get why!
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Haykinx98(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2022
What if the child is not yours and guilty conscience wouldn't let her stay in your house
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:
She clocked 32 last month
Ok. So, since she is a grown woman, I really suggest you get a marriage counselor involved so you can resolve the communication issues in your relationship and maybe realize what the real issue is. undecided
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Bbbw: 3:57pm On May 26, 2022
Really
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Raph82(m): 3:59pm On May 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
your wife must be suffering from postpartum depression...
All these big grammars sef, the woman needs medical attention, I just pray it's not mental retardation. She needs you more this time. You need to have a personal talk with the mother, there might be things you don't know about her up till now.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by prowriterss: 4:00pm On May 26, 2022
Nutase:
It's one of 3 things.

1.The baby is not yours and guilt is eating her up.
2. She is in love with a 3rd party.
3. Postpartum depression alias spiritual problems.

Use your tongue to count your teeth.

What is doing your wife is one of these things
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by harmony75: 4:01pm On May 26, 2022
You have family so why nanny? That's dangerous leave the baby with her or take the baby to your mom's place. As for your wife be patient with her to see if she changes for good.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Ilekokonit: 4:02pm On May 26, 2022
gaby:
Your wife needs serious medical attention.

You'd be playing with fire living under the same roof with a woman yet to be diagnosed of what she has mentally, and you just might end up as collateral damage in the process when she decides to butcher you and the pikin take play but God forbid.

She's dealing with underlying mental issues.

This is another serious angle to look at the issue.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by nedekid: 4:03pm On May 26, 2022
Sorry to ask, do you have money? Some women unfortunately cannot handle depravity.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Tayorshd2(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2022
MrMcJay:
Someone doesn't want to stay with you and her people are telling you to take her back. If she comes back and stabs you dead overnight, it is those people who will hire lawyer to defend her that she's mentally unstable.
Let her stay where she is and let her undergo counseling and medical intervention if necessary.

God bless you for this grin
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by TheGift: 4:04pm On May 26, 2022
The first thing you need to do is forget about what other people will think. From your post it’s seems you are more concerned about that and it will not help you make the right decisions or get the right help if you think that way. As the saying goes, if you hide your problem , your problem will hide you.

Next thing is you have to be ready to accept that it is actually over. As the song goes , when a Woman is fed up, there is nothing you can do about it. Or do you want to live under the same roof with someone that doesn’t care for you. Make she no go snap give you sniper ooo.

Your primary responsibility now is to your infant child. You need to handle this situation in a way that will have the most minimal impact on the young one. You really can’t take care of her at this stage, so what you should do is get Her mother and sister to support you in takings care of the Child, while you provide its supplies and give them some money for upkeep. You should be able to meet with your child regularly until you can take Him/Her off your supposedly unmotherly wife.

At this point in time, you also need to involve a senior and wise person from your family, who will be more interested in resolving the issues than passing blame.

I hope this helps. Do keep us posted.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by newdawn2017(f): 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

if u re online on ig, tall to @afriproud immediately she will advise u on steps to take ur wife is being passive aggressive. It a firm of emotional abuse. Not telling u what u did wrong, but expects u to keep grovelling at her feet for forgiveness is a toxic behaviour. Do not loose urself. Chat up @afriproud
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by Ugochukwu79: 4:08pm On May 26, 2022
Are you sure that baby is yours?
Is she scared of something being exposed and your reaction?
Dig more, while expecting the worst and preparing a life without her.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by TheGift: 4:11pm On May 26, 2022
You are very lucky your wife is showing you her true colours less than 2 years into marriage 'cos my ex wife waited for 10 years before showing me her true colours. [/quote]

Hmmm is it your Wife that showed Her true colors or was it you that caused a discoloration by your actions of commission or omission?
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2022
Raph82:
All these big grammars sef, the woman needs medical attention, I just pray it's not mental retardation. She needs you more this time. You need to have a personal talk with the mother, there might be things you don't know about her up till now.

you cant possibly solve a problem until you 1st diagnose what the problem is...
bro this is not big grammar, but a WELL KNOWN illness that many women go through after birth, and that can be cured with counselling, antidepressants or hormone therapy.
Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by femiasaolu2014: 4:12pm On May 26, 2022
She might be suffering from post-partum depression you know?

Let her see a psychologist.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Of Less Than Two Years Says It's Over Between Us by finishmatter: 4:15pm On May 26, 2022
InsideLife2022:

You need to be grateful to God. You have no idea how lucky u are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was / After 14 Years In Europe, Lady Returns Home And Surprises Her Mother (video) / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.