Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,450 members, 7,968,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:18 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (88889 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
debosky:

^^ Is a landslide getting 3 points or beating them by a large margin?

8-2 ish. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
Just how ish? grin

is 2-1 an 8-2 ish score?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2011
Emperoh:

CLASSIC!!!
Trust Coogar to bail himself out! As for me, i am no longer supporter, I am now a FAN!! shocked shocked grin

lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
debosky:

Just how ish? grin

is 2-1 an 8-2 ish score?

i mean a wide goal-margin.
4-1, 5-2, 3-0, 4-0.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 20, 2011
coogar:

i did not make predictions - this must be a figment of your wet dreams.
concentrate:
so how is that a prediction?
No it is not a prediction.
You expect a certain scoreline,but you don't want it to be termed a prediction.
Pray,tell us,what the difference is,since you're smarter than the rest of us all.
coogar:

evra wasn't directly culpable. he thought xavi would find messi and evra got attracted to messi but xavi's a master of disguise passes.
this is why he's the best midfielder in europe. had evra stayed with pedro, xavi would have found messi who was unmarked.
Stop making these rubbish excuses jor.
Evra was Way out of place to begin with.Those your watery argument/excuses don't count for anything.
What's the major complaint against Evra from most United fans?

coogar:

inter milan vs man utd(carrick bossed mourinho's team)
man utd vs barcelona, barcelona vs man utd(both legs in the semis 2008)
man utd vs roma(2008)
and so on and so forth. it's not like carrick doesn't boss grade-a teams.
Funny you could call Roma an elite team in Europe.
But I'll overlook that.
It so happens that the earliest of these teams we faced was 2009.That said,that Inter team is markedly different fromthe one that won it all in 2010.So I wouldn't agree with you,never mind Joe Mourinho was boss.
Carrick didn't boss Barcelona in 2008.It boiled down to tactics that we were able to keep them scoreless.Otherwise Barca had the lions share of possession over the two legs.

coogar:

except that the team that beat otelul galactico have already beaten man city, chelsea, arsenal, tottenham, etc already this season.
i am sure daniel amokachie is a r[i]e[/i]tard - my pet tortoise understands football principles than daniel. it's one thing to know how to kick the ball, it's another thing to be able to analyse!

And the team that beat otelul scraped a victory via two penalties.And we should celebrate.Priceless.
coogar:

don't speak for everyone, speak for yourself.
i know hernanddez would have scored from that chance. the defender knew too - his reason for handling the ball deliberately.

Speak for yourself as well.
Yeah,Hernandez would have scored when the ball never got to him.
Like Torres would have scored after beating DDG at OT.
Keep on assuming for all of us.You talk like you see into the future.Are you Nostradamus?

coogar:

i am a soccer guru.
whether united were able to beat otelul 5-0 or not does not remove that.
it was a game united bossed. had more possession, made more passes and opened up after the 70th minute.

Yeah,it took 70 minutes to open up a team who were cared of us from the get-go.That's how good we were on the night.
Why weren't United in their "pomp" as you put it?
Now we're explaining away a depressing outing with a sending off (something that has good chance of happening when you're on the road) as if we were ever really convincing at any point before then.
By the way,you ain't no soccer guru.Hiding behind anonimity in a public forum on the web doesn't bestow you that title,no matter how smart you (may think you) are.
coogar:

i mean a wide goal-margin.
4-1, 5-2, 3-0, 4-0.
Hear ye,hear ye.
When a wide margin doesn't surface,technicalities and grammar take over.
Then we'll hear he never made any precise prediction.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2011
StarBoard:

Hear ye,hear ye.

There's no wiggling out of this one - the man who invented grammar (c) is on the case and you don't make definitive statements like that and try to find an escape. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
StarBoard:

No it is not a prediction.
You expect a certain scoreline,but you don't want it to be termed a prediction.
Pray,tell us,what the difference is,since you're smarter than the rest of us all.

yes, i expected united to beat otelul!
with all things being equal, they were there for the taking.
scoring the first goal was always going to be hard but once we got that, they were forced to come out and play - which suited united perfectly!
without vidic's sending off, it would have been a rout for the romanian side.

Stop making these rubbish excuses jor.
Evra was Way out of place to begin with.Those your watery argument/excuses don't count for anything.
What's the major complaint against Evra from most United fans?

evra had to make a decision. track messi and hope xavi threads the ball to messi or stay put with pedro.
the truth is united's defence found themselves in a tight situation and a goal was bound to happen whatever decision patrice might have taken.
we are talking about the best team in the world - if they didn't score from that incident, they would have scored from another.

Funny you could call Roma an elite team in Europe.
But I'll overlook that.

what were they doing in the quarter-finals in elite europe if the team is not elite.
they had beaten united 2-1 in the first leg - i hope you remember that.

It so happens that the earliest of these teams we faced was 2009.That said,that Inter team is markedly different fromthe one that won it all in 2010.So I wouldn't agree with you,never mind Joe Mourinho was boss.

says who?
the inter team we beat had zlatan, cambiasso, zanetti, ceasar, etc in their books.
they were very good - they were the italian champions, weren't they?

Carrick didn't boss Barcelona in 2008.It boiled down to tactics that we were able to keep them scoreless.Otherwise Barca had the lions share of possession over the two legs.

go and watch that first leg again at nou camp!

And the team that beat otelul scraped a victory via two penalties.And we should celebrate.Priceless.

scraped a victory? scraped?
otelul were beaten hands down. what's there to scrape.
10-man united side beat otelul by a 2-goal margin and you call it scraping the barrel? shocked

Speak for yourself as well.
Yeah,Hernandez would have scored when the ball never got to him.
Like Torres would have scored after beating DDG at OT.
Keep on assuming for all of us.You talk like you see into the future.Are you Nostradamus?

hernandez is more clinical than torres. in that situation, my money is on hernandez scoring.
he would have been put through one on one with the goalie. 2 world class goalkeepers wouldn't have stopped him.
if you don't believe me - ask petr cech! grin

Yeah,it took 70 minutes to open up a team who were cared of us from the get-go.That's how good we were on the night.
Why weren't United in their "pomp" as you put it?
Now we're explaining away a depressing outing with a sending off (something that has good chance of happening when you're on the road) as if we were ever really convincing at any point before then.

we were too convincing. one of the best away games i have seen us play in europe.
carrick had 94% pass completion rate. his passes kept finding united's forwards. valencia was shyte though and nani on the left wasn't the same as the nani on the right. we could have done better but i am still satisfied with the performance.

By the way,you ain't no soccer guru.Hiding behind anonimity in a public forum on the web doesn't bestow you that title,no matter how smart you (may think you) are.

this isn't worth debating over.
i let my class speak for itself. cool

even a donkey like deborah knows how gurutic i am. grin

Hear ye,hear ye.

with all things being equal. . . . it will be a wide margin.

all things being equal(the preferred team selection, the preferred personnel in each position, a sunny day, constant atmospheric pressure, fergie wearing grey suit and ibime going for his s[i]e[/i]x-change to become ibidun before sunday). cool
if all these conditions are satisfied, united 3-0 citeh!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2011
Oya oh. Plus starters and benchwarmers, lets hear opinions about this weekend's game. Top of d table clash and a derby for added spice. No need to moan about where you feel d team is deficient just outline how you feel we can beat them.

For me its all about ensuring that defensively we as much as possible close down d space in between d back 4 and midfield. That is where Silva, Aguero and Nasri can do damage (particularly Silva). With Rio, Vida, Evra and Smalling/Jones, I am confident of shutting down whatever they have in attack. Going forward it certainly has to be about our wing play it our most potent treat. Without Cleverley we are not so good down middle. D question is whether to go with 2 upfront or pack d middle and go with one.

My team.

Lingergard

Smalling       Rio      Vida      Evra

Fletcher          Carrick          Ando

Nani               Welbeck        Rooney
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2011
montelik:

Oya oh. Plus starters and benchwarmers, lets hear opinions about this weekend's game. Top of d table clash and a derby for added spice. No need to moan about where you feel d team is deficient just outline how you feel we can beat them.

For me its all about ensuring that defensively we as much as possible close down d space in between d back 4 and midfield. That is where Silva, Aguero and Nasri can do damage (particularly Silva). With Rio, Vida, Evra and Smalling/Jones, I am confident of shutting down whatever they have in attack. Going forward it certainly has to be about our wing play it our most potent treat. Without Cleverley we are not so good down middle. D question is whether to go with 2 upfront or pack d middle and go with one.

My team.

Lingergard

Smalling       Rio      Vida      Evra

Fletcher          Carrick          Ando

Nani               Welbeck        Rooney

david de gea will start - there's no way in hell lindegaard will start ahead of de gea especially when de gea was rested against otelul. . .

---------------de gea---------------
smalling---jones---vidic----evra-
---------------carrick---------------
---fletcher-------------anderson--
nani-----------------------young----
-------------- rooney----------------
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2011
oops I didn't even realize I put in Lindergard instead of DDG. But then maybe its better he doesn't play after what occurred during d community shield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
I'd go with coogar's team aswell. Hopefully that's what SAF picks.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
coogar:

evra had to make a decision. track messi and hope xavi threads the ball to messi or stay put with pedro.
the truth is united's defence found themselves in a tight situation and a goal was bound to happen whatever decision patrice might have taken.
we are talking about the best team in the world - if they didn't score from that incident, they would have scored from another.

Still doesn't change the fact that he was woefully out of place.His indecison cost us the opening goal.

coogar:

what were they doing in the quarter-finals in elite europe if the team is not elite.
they had beaten united 2-1 in the first leg - i hope you remember that.
Yeah, so going by your definition of "elite", then the following are elite teams in Europe judging from quarter final appearances,whether once or multiple times:
Tottenham
Shakhtar Donetsk
Schalke
Arsenal
Monaco
Dynamo Kiev
Leeds United
Bayer Leverkusen
Panathinaikos
Villareal
To mention a few.
There really must be a lot of clubs that can lay claim to the "elite" title.
coogar:

says who?
the inter team we beat had zlatan, cambiasso, zanetti, ceasar, etc in their books.
they were very good - they were the italian champions, weren't they?
No team with Zlatan Ibrahimovic is good enough to win the Champions League.That already deflates your argument,because Zlatan is a consumate Euro failure.
The 2010 side had Milito,Etoo and Sneijder.
Markedly different from the defensive unit of a side we beat.They had a solid defensive base,but nothing to instill fear into anybody going forward.
So don't tell me the 09 side was anything special.It was at the point of failure that season that dayokanu brought up the memorable thread about whether Mourinho was a fluke or a genius.
Take it or leave it,the 2010 side was better-equipped than the previous year.
The 2009 Inter was good enough to win the Scudetto,but then they had been doing that for years in Italy so nothing new/special as the competition in Italy then was wack and weal.
coogar:

all things being equal(the preferred team selection, the preferred personnel in each position, a sunny day, constant atmospheric pressure, fergie wearing grey suit and ibime going for his s[i]e[/i]x-change to become ibidun before sunday). cool
if all these conditions are satisfied, united 3-0 citeh!
grin
Looks like an escape route for excuses is being prepared. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
montelik:

Oya oh. Plus starters and benchwarmers, lets hear opinions about this weekend's game.
Ol boy, benchwarmers are not allowed to contribute unless specifically called upon.
Raise my number and substitute coogar,and I will enter.
Until then,I remain solidly on the bench. . .watching and waiting. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
Starboard!!
two of una go play abi una dey do e-quarrel?
Shuo!!! Abeg let's see your team before u start saying those who should and shouldn't play after the game
make we see your team now!!

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
Emperoh:

Starboard!!
two of una go play abi una dey do e-quarrel?
Shuo!!! Abeg let's see your team before u start saying those who should and shouldn't play after the game
make we see your team now!!

Make sure you also mention the bench o grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
StarBoard:

Still doesn't change the fact that he was woefully out of place.His indecison cost us the opening goal.

he was screwed either way.

Yeah, so going by your definition of "elite", then the following are elite teams in Europe judging from quarter final appearances,whether once or multiple times:
Tottenham
Shakhtar Donetsk
Schalke
Arsenal
Monaco
Dynamo Kiev
Leeds United
Bayer Leverkusen
Panathinaikos
Villareal
To mention a few.
There really must be a lot of clubs that can lay claim to the "elite" title.

i am almost crying ma eyes out here.
yea - go ahead, compare roma to all the hapless teams from shambolic european leagues.
roma won serie a few times and we all know how serie a ranks in europe - if you want to now compare them to other shitty teams from the leagues of greece, austria and cambodia, don't be ma guest. tongue

No team with Zlatan Ibrahimovic is good enough to win the Champions League.That already deflates your argument,because Zlatan is a consumate Euro failure.

conveniently forgetting zlatan ibrahimovic is the most successful league title winner in europe. everywhere he played, he has won league titles.
he was the star of the inter team that jose mourinho managed before zlat went to barcelona.

The 2010 side had Milito,Etoo and Sneijder.

so those 3 players won the treble for inter? we should discount the others?
we can conveniently conclude hargreaves, anderson and nani won the champions league for man utd then. rooney, ronaldo, vidic, etc did nowt!

Markedly different from the defensive unit of a side we beat.They had a solid defensive base,but nothing to instill fear into anybody going forward.
So don't tell me the 09 side was anything special.It was at the point of failure that season that dayokanu brought up the memorable thread about whether Mourinho was a fluke or a genius.

they were fantastic. played to their own strength.
is it easy to win in europe? look around you - how many teams have won it back to back?

Take it or leave it,the 2010 side was better-equipped than the previous year.

they weren't.
they just faced a much better united side in 2009. having ronaldo, rooney, vidic, evra, etc in your team helps.

The 2009 Inter was good enough to win the Scudetto,but then they had been doing that for years in Italy so nothing new/special as the competition in Italy then was wack and weal. grin
Looks like an escape route for excuses is being prepared. . .

the 2009 inter team won the scudetto. . . .at a canter!
they were no weak team. no jose mourinho's team is weak unless you don't know a great deal about football!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2011
The 2009 Inter team was weak

In the whole CL they managed 2 victories in 8 games

Playing in a group that had Panathinaikos, Bremen and twente (I think) they were even second in the groups
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2011
dayokanu:

The 2009 Inter team was weak

In the whole CL they managed 2 victories in 8 games

Playing in a group that had Panathinaikos, Bremen and twente (I think) they were even second in the groups

weak because they lost to man utd, shey?
which english team could have stopped that inter milan side in the knock-out stage?

they were just unlucky to have met man utd that season -
there's no weak jose mourinho team. a bayern munich fan like yourself should know that. jose have dealt with your team wella.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
Inter played in the same group with Panathinaikos, Anarthosis Famagusta, and Bremen. In 6 games were only able to win 2. losing at home to Panathinaikos in the process

Nothing in that result shows they are strong
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Inter played in the same group with Panathinaikos, Anarthosis Famagusta, and Bremen. In 6 games were only able to win 2. losing at home to Panathinaikos in the process

Nothing in that result shows they are strong

that same season, united won just 2 games and drew the rest in the group.
what importance are the group results - the main koko is to qualify and get into the knock out stage.

united finished with 10 points from 6 games and still got to the final.
using your logic, liverpool(14 points), sporting lisbon(12 points) roma(12 points), chelsea(11 points) athletico, bayern, lyon, porto, arsenal, juventus and real madrid were all better than man utd that season? cheesy grin

is that logical to you??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Oct 22, 2011
How many games did man Utd lose in their group, How many did Inter lose?

In that season CL Inter won 2 games out of 8 played probably the worst results of all teams who made it to knockout stages
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:28am On Oct 22, 2011
dayokanu:

How many games did man Utd lose in their group, How many did Inter lose?

In that season CL Inter won 2 games out of 8 played probably the worst results of all teams who made it to knockout stages

it's not about the games lost, it's about the points won.

in mathematics,
a team that draws all the games(unbeaten) will not qualify.
a team that won 3 and lost 3 might qualify.

yes, inter won 2 games out of 8 games they played that season.
man utd(champions league finalist) won just 3 games out of their first 8 games as well.

they must have been weak, isn't it? grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Oct 22, 2011
Man Utd qualified Inter didnt.

Huge difference.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Man Utd qualified Inter didnt.

Huge difference.

well - inter met a better side and they lost, big deal.
we all know what happened when barcelona met bayern munich in the early stages of the k.o some few seasons ago. . . .you lost woefully.
was it because bayern were weak or was it because they were unlucky with the draw?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 22, 2011
Coogar,
Don't make me laugh.I'm currently embroiled inthe Baba Suwe controversy and that's enough comedy for one go.
Just because Roma won the Scudetto eons ago,they are suddenly "European Elite"?
Must you make these bogus claims just to justify your more bogus statements?I thought you needed to have a track-record of success(e.g consistently appearing in the latter stages of the Champions League,at the very least) to be considered "elite" in Europe.
If this is where your "guruism" has taken you,I want no parts of it.
As for Zlatan,you need to concentrate.How does his multiple league wins make him a Euro asset given that he has rarely set Europe alight in the Champions League?I said he was a consummate Euro failure,not a domestic champ.
He has played for a good number of European Sides across the continent and never managed to make it to a cup final in Europe.
It is safe to bet that Milan will not get too far this season because Zlatan is I'm their squad.
And as for inter 2009.That squad was rubbish.how many goals did they score in that season's chamPions League in 8 games?They were in easily the weakest group that season but couldn't even top it,managing to qualify on the final day.
You talk of winning the Serie A at a canter forgetting that Roma were there closest rivals and traditional powers Juventus and Milan were at their weakest for a long time around this period.
Whether you like it or not,the additions of Milito Eto'o and Sneijder were key to transforming Inter to Euro champs from perennial chumps.Or why did Mourinho go for them if he didn't have it in mind to win in Europe?If his side in 2009 were that strong,he wouldn't have needed to fortify his side that much,or so common logic tells me.
You may have a point on JMs sides not being weak but that 2009 side has to be the worst side he has handled.I could be wrong but his Porto side in Europe were a tad fortunate and probably the most undeserving champions of the ECL era.but they won so I won't take anything away from them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:

we all know what happened when barcelona met bayern munich in the early stages of the k.o some few seasons ago. . . .you lost woefully.
was it because bayern were weak or was it because they were unlucky with the draw?
coogar:

coogar 2 vs Dayokanu 1. Oya dayo come strike back, i 4 assist,but na bench dem put me, I neva even c sit 4 bench,i dey stand, abi u don sleep,do fast we dey wait
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2011
Im realy njoyin d discusn!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
StarBoard:

Coogar,
Don't make me laugh.I'm currently embroiled inthe Baba Suwe controversy and that's enough comedy for one go.

you are a comedian!

Just because Roma won the Scudetto eons ago,they are suddenly "European Elite"?
Must you make these bogus claims just to justify your more bogus statements?I thought you needed to have a track-record of success(e.g consistently appearing in the latter stages of the Champions League,at the very least) to be considered "elite" in Europe.
If this is where your "guruism" has taken you,I want no parts of it.

a.s. roma are part of the elite - consistently appearing in the latter stages of the champions league will not remove roma's history.

As for Zlatan,you need to concentrate.How does his multiple league wins make him a Euro asset given that he has rarely set Europe alight in the Champions League?I said he was a consummate Euro failure,not a domestic champ.

his multiple league wins guarantees the teams he plays for an automatic ticket to european football.
concentrate - zlatan's multiple league wins is an automatic slot to play in elite europe.

He has played for a good number of European Sides across the continent and never managed to make it to a cup final in Europe.
It is safe to bet that Milan will not get too far this season because Zlatan is I'm their squad.

same as van nistelrooy and many players of that ilk. super duper players who never played in the champions league final.
roy keane never played in a champions league final - does that make keane shyte? vieira? etc?
abeg, enough of your baba suwe arguments!

And as for inter 2009.That squad was rubbish.how many goals did they score in that season's chamPions League in 8 games?They were in easily the weakest group that season but couldn't even top it,managing to qualify on the final day.

what has the number of goals gotta do with a team being weak or strong?

You talk of winning the Serie A at a canter forgetting that Roma were there closest rivals and traditional powers Juventus and Milan were at their weakest for a long time around this period.

what made them weak?
juventus and milan suddenly got weaker than inter or inter were good value for their money? which is which?
milan and juventus were cheating in those years you thought they were good. they were found out, they were found guilty and were docked points.
if they were good enough - why bribe?

Whether you like it or not,the additions of Milito Eto'o and Sneijder were key to transforming Inter to Euro champs from perennial chumps.Or why did Mourinho go for them if he didn't have it in mind to win in Europe?If his side in 2009 were that strong,he wouldn't have needed to fortify his side that much,or so common logic tells me.

why did man utd fortify their squad after 07/08 season by getting berbatov? why did barcelona pay for zlatan after winning it in 08/09?
was it because the previous winning sides weren't good enough?
once again - baba suwe arguments surface! if baba suwe goes to prison, you will likely replace him. grin

You may have a point on JMs sides not being weak but that 2009 side has to be the worst side he has handled.I could be wrong but his Porto side in Europe were a tad fortunate and probably the most undeserving champions of the ECL era.but they won so I won't take anything away from them.

there's no weak mourinho side. all his teams tend to play beyond their abilities, they tend to punch above their weights because of the siege mentality and controversies jose mourinho creates. they were just unlucky to have met man utd in that round of 16. that inter team would have beaten any other english side(arsenal, chelsea, etc). matter of fact, only barcelona and man utd were good enough to beat that inter team then,

it seems you guys forgot how many thought jose would beat ferguson again that season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2011
adebayo201:

Im realy njoyin d discusn!

me too ooo . . . . . advantage of sitting on de bench . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2011
Effiko:

me too ooo . . . . . advantage of sitting on de bench . . . grin grin grin grin
Abeg make una gree lap me 4 bench now. Na so so stand i bin dey stand all dis while
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
DDG
Smalling
Rio
Evans
Evra
Nani
Fletcher
Anderson
Young
Rooney
Welbeck

Not really happy with that lineup personally. Was hoping Vidic would make it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by hannie: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
Man City don win this one already . . .

so says PROPHET DR. KITAUN grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100)

Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.