Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,450 members, 7,968,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:18 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (88889 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
i missed the match for bleeps' sake, please- what's the scores?
i heard united won but they didn't take the 3 points.

can someone explain what happened?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
Monday Morning:

Mrs Ferguson: C'mon, Alex dear. It's time to get up. It's Seven already.

Sir Alex: Eh, What, ugh, What, How the hell? What, have they scored another one?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by lalaboi(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
coogar:

i missed the match for bleeps' sake, please- what's the scores?
i heard united won but they didn't take the 3 points.

can someone explain what happened?

Ref overuled the UTD win. . . He said SAF tried to juju-lise him so he awarded citeh 6goals
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by lalaboi(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
mbulela:

Monday Morning:

Sir Alex: Eh, What, ugh, What, How the hell? What, have they scored another one?

ahahahaha **bangs hea don the table**
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2011
StarBoard:

I said Anderson was crap.
I said this side was weak in the middle.
I said a huge defeat was going to come sooner rather than later.
I was labelled a knee-jerker and a chief complainant.
If a 6-1 thumping by City doesn't get folks to review their positions,I guess folks are lost for good.
Red card or not we were poor and have been since the Chelsea game.
Awaiting the excuses by coogar.
Otelul win in midweek and everything is alright.

you need to go to spec savers with your ill-advised comments and misguided rants.
please, coogar did not choose the team that played today, neither did coogar tell evans to cop a red card.

first things first, i absolutely hate it when you make these kinda comments when i am offline. you should have at least waited to see me online before "villifying" or whatever vocab you can come up with. you have been throwing your pessimistic rants all season, when you got it wrong, no one said nada. your faulty clock got it right once and you want to "villify" coogar. . . . you are not fit to wear those shoes.

like i thought you would, anderson is crap! how's anderson crap? your last comments on this topic was you would wait until anderson gets paired with cleverley before you say anything further. but like a gaynner, you went off your handle spewing bile that anderson is crappy. we have concluded here you either pair anderson with cleverley(2 mobile midfielders) or play him in a 3-man midfield. your gaffer did none of that.

to further compound your woes, your gaffer played johnny evans(the weakest united defender) and left vidic and phil jones on the bench.
but let's blame anderson for the 2-man midfield against city's 5 with the wingers playing on the touch-line. the tactics worked perfectly and should have suited anderson, isn't it? i am happy we lost emphatically. i brought this to light last weekend at anfield when i cursed ferguson but montelik said it was a game of chess not checkers.

we are good enough to beat city - but when you leave your strongest players on the bench and play upstarts like welbeck, evans, etc then you are asking for trouble. balotelli would never have bullied jones or smalling like he did evans today. that is not coogar's fault. that is the gaffer's fault.
if the team i predicted would start on friday had started and lost, then you can put me against the wall and shoot me with a golden gun like gadaffhi.

anything short of that, you are pissing in the wind. losing 1-6 to city is not the end of the world.
it's just 3 points after matchday 9, if it irks you so bad. . . . .take off your red shirt and wear the sky-blue one. grin
united are better than city. wrong selection/spastic tactics cost us the game and we were well stuffed . . . . . .and i loved it.
i doubt fergie would be starting evans in a big game ever again. cool

when is the next game?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by hannie: 1:02am On Oct 24, 2011
coogar:

you need to go to spec savers with your ill-advised comments and misguided rants.
please, coogar did not choose the team that played today, neither did coogar told evans to cop a red card.

first things first, i absolutely hate it when you make these kinda comments when i am offline. you should have at least waited to see me online before "villifying" or whatever vocab you can come up with. you have been throwing your pessimistic rants all season, when you got it wrong, no one said nada. your faulty clock got it right once and you want to "villify" coogar. . . . you are not fit to wear those shoes.

like i thought you would, anderson is crap! how's anderson crap? your last comments on this topic was you would wait until anderson gets paired with cleverley before you say anything further. but like a gaynner, you went off your handle spewing bile that anderson is crappy. we have concluded here you either pair anderson with cleverley(2 mobile midfielders) or play him in a 3-man midfield. your gaffer did none of that.

to further compound your woes, your gaffer played johnny evans(the weakest united defender) and left vidic and phil jones on the bench.
but let's blame anderson for the 2-man midfield against city's 5 with the wingers playing on the touch-line. the tactics worked perfectly and should have suited anderson, isn't it? i am happy we lost emphatically. i brought this to light last weekend at anfield when i cursed ferguson but montelik said it was a game of chess not checkers.

we are good enough to beat city - but when you leave your strongest players on the bench and play stalwarts like welbeck, evans, etc then you are asking for trouble. balotelli would never have bullied jones or smalling like he did evans today. that is not coogar's fault. that is the gaffer's fault.
if the team i predicted would start on friday had started and lost, then you can put me against the wall and shoot me with a golden gun like gadaffhi.

anything short of that, you are pissing in the wind. losing 1-6 to city is not the end of the world.
it's just 3 points after matchday 9, if it irks you so bad. . . . .take off your red shirt and wear the sky-blue one. grin
united are better than city. wrong selection/spastic tactics cost us the game and we were well stuffed . . . . . .and i loved it.
i doubt fergie would be starting evans in a big game ever again. cool

when is the next game?

hehehe grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 2:13am On Oct 24, 2011
coogar has finally spoken . . . .ooooohhh am so loving dis grin grin grin grin . . the argument has jst begun %drumrolls%
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 24, 2011
This coogar is pathetic.
Who's ranting now?I think it's you seeing how duduspastic you have become.
You didn't tell Evans to cop a red card.But isn't he part of the side you've been hailing all season long?I told you United don't have the steel against a top squad.One red card and the team folds like an accordion.
So you're blaming the red card?
How come the red card wasn't a factor against Otelul?
Again as per Anderson,just save this rubbish you've been posting.It's like saying your girlfriend can't have sex if there isn't Luther Vandross playing at the background.Is Andrson paid to play only with Cleverley?If Tc is out for the season,what happens?
I'm tired of arguing with you,as for me there's no point calling Ibime fat when you ain't doing any better.
Losing to City scandalously isnt the end of the world, but try not to go on record to say something when you know the only control of apart from anonymity behind a Toshiba laptop is absolutely nothing but your opinion.if I'm pissing in the wind,your jerking off into your car's fuel tank.At least last season's side wouldnt lose to City at home.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2011
D recovery is tougher than I thought, my body still aches. But 3 points and overrated braggin rights to City. We've got all our tough fixtures out of d way. Now to "kobokoharam" all d others and build back d goal difference.

StarBoard:

Montelik,
Utter hogwash.
Flattered to deceive?you must be deluded.The score should have been 10-1 judging from the way we defended.
City were good value for their win and scoreline.It's this utopia that United fans normally have that is not allowing you to see clearly even after a mauling.
How dare you compare Vidic to that imbecilic dimwit called Evans?Vidic has had his share of howlers but he still gives you an assurance of solidity at the back even when he is on a bad day.please go and heal.You obviously aren't in the right frame of mind to comment otherwise you wouldn't be saying some of the things that are being attributed to you.
Btw,where has Ashley Young gone?
I'm starting to think it's about time I vomited the pie I ate on him.

It seems you must have been on d pitch when d flogging was taking place, cos you aren't understanding me  grin. Haba, all I said was that Evan's silliness in pickin d red is similar to things Nemanja has done before. Did I lie? Just last season alone, did he not get stupidly sent off against Chelsea at bridge and then miss a crucial trip to Anfield. Was he not fortunate not pick up another red against West Ham away in 1st half, when we were 2 goals down. Did he not blatantly handle d ball against Arsenal at d Emirates in opening 20 mins (luckily somehow d ref missed it). He would have conceded a pen, been sent off, forced his team to play with 10 men for over an hour and also been suspended from d title decider against Chelsea at O.T. My point was simply to remind United fans not to kill poor Evans like we haven't had defenders who make these costly bad calls.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by ritchboy(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2011
All this talk about Anderson and Evans being poor, i thought Nani was terrible. I was expecting him to murder Clichy but he couldn't get past him once or deliver any decent ball.

You also have to question Fergie for his asinine tactics after the red. Instead of shoring up his defense to keep the scoreline at 1-0 and go for an equalizer in the last 10-15 minutes of the game he played what i can only describe as 4-2-3 for 45 minutes. Did he think Silva, Aguero and co came to sell groundnut?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by HNIC(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2011
it's just 3 points after matchday 9, if it irks you so bad. . . . .take off your red shirt and wear the sky-blue one
Classic Coogar grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by HNIC(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2011
Did he think Silva, Aguero and co came to sell groundnut
Or Balo came to learn how to speak english with a mancunian accent grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2011
Like i said earlier, i will be hugely surprised if Fergie does not bu ya left back to challenge Evra.
He seems to have gone to a land of no return.
There is no need fretting over Rio,he will be off to MLS in the summer.
Evans knows the truth,it is over for him.Never again.
Unfortunately, this defensive unit will be overhauled again in the summer,considering that the midfield is yet to be overhauled, it leaves too much work to done on the team.
I feel for De Gea,playing in front of such an unsettled back four will pay a pain for VDS talk less of a kid just out of teenage.

Irrepsective of what happens in the rest of the season, i swill tand by the assertion above.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:09am On Oct 24, 2011
StarBoard:

This coogar is pathetic.

nah - you are the one pathetic and bordering on acute lunacy.
the only people allowed to gloat here are the non-united fans - you were sitting on the fence, weren't you? if you don't place bets, how do you expect to win any stake? all along, you said you dey siddon look. when you siddon look, you cannot claim you have predicted anything so shush!

You didn't tell Evans to cop a red card.But isn't he part of the side you've been hailing all season long?I told you United don't have the steel against a top squad.One red card and the team folds like an accordion.

it was 1-0 before the red card and united bossed the first half. city's goal came completely against the run of play like they did in wembley.
united were okay until the red card incident which got evans sent off. would balotelli have bullied jones, smalling or vidic like that? what was evans doing on the pitch to start with? i'll say it again - wrong team selection.

So you're blaming the red card?

what else should i blame? 1-0 before the red card, 6-1 after it.
of course, the red card was the turning point. . . . .it took fletcher to the right back position

after the red card, fletcher moved to the right back position. leaving only anderson in the middle to battle 3-4 city midfielders. fergie in his wisdom should have sacrificed a striker for phil jones immediately and keep it 4-4-1 or 4-2-3. . . .but he did not. it was anderson alone in the midfield - i wonder what fergie was playing at. i'll repeat it again - wrong tactics for damage limitation.

How come the red card wasn't a factor against Otelul?

it wasn't a factor because otelul were not leading 1-0 before the red card and otelul don't have the quality of man city.
christ - you can do better than this. in games where players are sent off, it depends on the scoreline before the sending off, the time remaining after the sending off and so on and so forth.

Again as per Anderson,just save this rubbish you've been posting.It's like saying your girlfriend can't Be Intimate if there isn't Luther Vandross playing at the background.Is Andrson paid to play only with Cleverley?If Tc is out for the season,what happens?

if tom cleverley is out for the season then play 3 central midfielders. how's that so difficult to grasp? how many teams in the world still play 4-4-2?
barca check! madrid check! bayern check! chelsea check! arsenal check! milan check! man city check! inter check! every big team has abandoned the flat 4-4-2 cos it leaves the defence vulnerable. it was a safe bet with anderson and cleverley(2 mobile midfielders) who are masters of one touch passing when they do their triangles. . . . carrick/fletcher/gibson etc are not suited to that kind of passing.

I'm tired of arguing with you,as for me there's no point calling Ibime fat when you ain't doing any better.

i am not fat, debosky can testify - he paid/witnessed my liposuction

Losing to City scandalously isnt the end of the world, but try not to go on record to say something when you know the only control of apart from anonymity behind a Toshiba laptop is absolutely nothing but your opinion.

losing to city scandalously was inevitable considering the circumstance.
we were playing at home, a goal down and a man down. united should have just given up and concede defeat but united will never do that to city.
if that was bayern, barcelona or team united actually respect, fergie would have hauled off rooney or welbeck to keep the shape.

but the pride will not let him do that against city so they kept attacking even after 3-1, they kept at it even at 4-1, 5-1, 6-1.
evra practically turned himself into a winger in the last 5 mins. he was nowhere to be found in the defence when city scored the last 3 goals.
it's a loss - an emphatic one but then maybe that would effectively put paid to project evans and project 4-4-2 with incompatible players.

if I'm pissing in the wind,your jerking off into your car's fuel tank.At least last season's side wouldnt lose to City at home.

hehe. . . . . .united lost 1-4 to liverpool at old trafford.
that team was better than the united team that started last night and the liverpool team we lost to weren't half as decent as the city side that got us tonked. selection cost us the game and the events after the red card - playing only anderson against 4 midfielders must be fergie's most spastic tactic in fergie's managerial history.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2011
mbulela:

Monday Morning:

LMAO grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mukina2: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2011
We've played Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh now

5 top teams and the top 6 of last season . . . all in the first 9 games.
We can focus on trying to claw some points back now with a good winning streak.

Next up . . . Everton (away). Another tough test and Sunderland after that.
5 points gap is not a disaster at this stage . . . so many more points up for grabs.

As much as some people here criticise Carrick and jump on his back after every match . . . I keep saying and will continue to say it that he is the only CM we have that is disciplined enough to sit, hold and protect our back four . . . especially in the big games. He intercepts and breaks up opponents attacks with ease. He has the odd games here and there but he is vital in the protection of our defence.

We need a fully fit Vidic back ASAP too.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2011
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin

wetin dey make you open your 48 naa
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mukina2: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2011
did you watch 'six in the city' ? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2011
StarBoard:

This coogar is pathetic.

dusupsastic? cheesy cheesy cheesy

coogar:

i am not fat, debosky can testify - he paid/witnessed my liposuction

I did witness the liposuction, but Ando paid for it as the final installment of Sharon's sponsorship deal. tongue

TBH, Fergie messed things up badly - Evans has been a liability since the beginning of 10/11 season, so why start him in this game and leave Jones on the bench? Why not take out a striker and strengthen the midfield considering Milner, Silva and co were running rings round Utd?

The tactics were suicidal, especially in the second half. You can do that gung-ho madness if you're playing a struggling team, but against a disciplined Citeh it was an invitation to commit murder.

As for peeps blaming Evra, only 2 goals max came from his end - most of the goals came either through the middle or from the right, but I don't hear much blame for 'golden boy' Smalling who was taken to the cleaners time and time again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2011
It was just an awful day. . . . .Evans ultimately did us in but Rio, Welbeck and Anderson should never have been in that game.
Nani and Young - good grief, poor. . .poor! We played with no tempo at all; allowed citeh to so dictate the pace. . .appalling!
Until we get a solid holding midfielder, Carrick is just fine. . .Giggs and Berbatov should have played.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
Personally, Im not blaming the defense so much, it still comes down to SAF thinking our midfield is any good. we have the worst group of central midfielders in the top 5 maybe 6 teams. They dont protect the back 4, well enough, they dont score enough goals and they dont assist enough. Just useless and the main weakness in the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Emperoh:

Humiliating defeat surely. . . . .but why all these noise?
Starboard,
While i understand your 'issues', i still don't think things are bad.
As for me, your initial projections are mere pessimism apparently backed up by the slack middle.
be that as it may, this team is not the weakest under Fergie and the weakest have won the league if i may add.
Getting a hidding from Citeh doesn't mean United can't is in crisis. While having the weakest link in the middle, our strenght lies in our mentality and the team play.
Forget all your argument with Coogar and look at this critically, United will still nick it and you do be asking yourself wetin happen.

That said, u have every right to be happy but your projections before now were mere pessimism!!!
Next match??

Au contraire,Monsieur.
I can't be happy after the tanking.
I feel bad that we got whipped mercilessly in front of our own fans and couldn't do much about it.
My gripe here is that we should have seen this coming.We play in a manner that is too open,and some of these players should never get anywhere near a red jersey,never mind a United one at that.
People want to wish the defeat away and make references to similar results,but somehow both scenrios can't do.
This defeat is unique in itself for a number of reasons.I don't think we understand the implications of City beating us badly at OT.
If you think United will coast to the title just by showing up,I daresay you're dead wrong,my friend.Because we only need to look at City and know how inferior our side is at the moment.
People wanna blame tactics/who was fielded,but in all honesty,we couldn't do much better than we did yesterday.Aside from Vidic I'm not sure I know of anyone who could have made the difference on the bench yesterday.
debosky:

TBH, Fergie messed things up badly - Evans has been a liability since the beginning of 10/11 season, so why start him in this game and leave Jones on the bench? Why not take out a striker and strengthen the midfield considering Milner, Silva and co were running rings round Utd?

The tactics were suicidal, especially in the second half. You can do that gung-ho madness if you're playing a struggling team, but against a disciplined Citeh it was an invitation to commit murder.

As for peeps blaming Evra, only 2 goals max came from his end - most of the goals came either through the middle or from the right, but I don't hear much blame for 'golden boy' Smalling who was taken to the cleaners time and time again.
Why I won't blame Fergie too much is because Fergie won't tell Ferginand to head a ball poorly into City's path to lead to the red card.You don't need Fergie to tell you how to defend or pick up players or mark a set-piece.
Fergie's selection may have been suspect for the game,but the players who played yesterday should forfeit their weekly wages minus Rooney.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by debosky(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
StarBoard:

Why I won't blame Fergie too much is because Fergie won't tell Ferginand to head a ball poorly into City's path to lead to the red card.You don't need Fergie to tell you how to defend or pick up players or mark a set-piece.
Fergie's selection may have been suspect for the game,but the players who played yesterday should forfeit their weekly wages minus Rooney.

Yeah you can blame Rio for the poor header, but even Fergie said it himself - Evans should never have attempted that tackle. If Fergie understands that rashness in Evans then he shouldn't have played him in the first instance.

Tactics killed the second half - Citeh had all the possession they wanted in the attacking third and were free to do as they wish. Even a gung-ho Villas-Boas playing a clearly inferior QPR still removed Sturridge for Ivanovic as his first change. Fergie instead did nothing to address the imbalance in midfield and defence, but kept a front two.

This is the exact same mistake Arsene made against Utd by bringing on attacking players like Oxlade against Utd when he should've been tightening up defensively - the result was clear for all to see in both cases.

Another interesting stat - Utd's opponents have had 91 shots so far this season at OT. . . .you can't keep allowing that level of opposition shooting at your goal and not take a hit sooner or later. As poor as Arsenal was, they scored twice and could've scored three times if RVP scored his penalty

There might be a deliberate ploy to be more attacking and as a result y'all have lost some defensive solidity, but it is obviously gone to the extreme and needs re-balancing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
chamotex:

5 points gap is not a disaster at this stage . . . so many more points up for grabs.

As much as some people here criticise Carrick and jump on his back after every match . . . I keep saying and will continue to say it that he is the only CM we have that is disciplined enough to sit, hold and protect our back four . . . especially in the big games. He intercepts and breaks up opponents attacks with ease. He has the odd games here and there but he is vital in the protection of our defence.

That is d spirit. We move forward, never backward. On to d next one and d one's after that. All d moaning about this or that, don't change shit. This is present squad available for now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
StarBoard:

Au contraire,Monsieur.
I can't be happy after the tanking.
I feel bad that we got whipped mercilessly in front of our own fans and couldn't do much about it.
My gripe here is that we should have seen this coming.We play in a manner that is too open,and some of these players should never get anywhere near a red jersey,never mind a United one at that.
People want to wish the defeat away and make references to similar results,but somehow both scenrios can't do.
This defeat is unique in itself for a number of reasons.I don't think we understand the implications of City beating us badly at OT.
If you think United will coast to the title just by showing up,I daresay you're dead wrong,my friend.Because we only need to look at City and know how inferior our side is at the moment.
People wanna blame tactics/who was fielded,but in all honesty,we couldn't do much better than we did yesterday.Aside from Vidic I'm not sure I know of anyone who could have made the difference on the bench yesterday.

Without much ado, this is quite not soo hard for me.
In the last couple of weeks, i agree we've played badly.
But Why will i not blame Fergie for last nite's loss? It's not rocket science the middle is our weak point.
Hence why play 2 semi-mobile players against 5 from your opponent? Even at that, we bossed the game in the first half.
i had expected a United side to patiently bid it's time and then hit. Get you one point and move. So if anything, it's Fergie's pride.

Things were pretty ok until we lost Evans. He was our weakest point after the midfield yesterday.
My common footie sense tells me, remove Welbeck bring in Jones and then see what happens
Before ringing the next two. But lo, my baba exposed his belly and went gong-ho against a team u couldn't open up with 11 men. That's professional naivety.

As for the team and your ratings of some players, i beg to differ.
Remember that this team is at a rebuilding stage. Jones, Welbeck, Young, De Gea
were additions and i don't think they are bad adds. Forget this display and look at the larger picture.
Individual players have never been United's forte in football. It's that undying spirit and team work.
Aside the arrival of Ronaldo who went to greater things, i've never know us to be your super-star players team
yet we get the results. This is just three points (five wide on the table) and bragging rights to Citeh and nothing more.

Arsenal don die because we gave them 8? Shit happens in footie and there has to be a storyline for us for the season to be exciting. So chill man unless wifey is Citeh fan grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
mukina2:

did you watch 'six in the city' ? grin grin grin grin grin grin

This teeth wey u open resemble the one u usually open during orgasm cheesy cool

chamotex:

There is no way we can categorically say if a particular player was on the field this result would have been prevented. I think the players and Fergie just missed it, whether we attribute it to pride or whatever, there was confusion in the UNITED team yesterday. They just felt that they would be able to rescue the situation and then were always punished.

If that game had continued for another 30mins, na 20 - 1 we for chop. grin

But we have to move on, The defeat was humiliating and scandalous to say the least, but its 3points and CITY have beaten us home and away before and we still went on to win the EPL, thats what give me confidence that we would react to this. Its gonna be tough but this is UNITED.

The players we have are the players we will continue using, atleast until the jan window opens and thats no guarantee FERGIE will buy.

Everton and Sunderland must be the first two to suffer for this grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
coded guy:

There is no way we can categorically say if a particular player was on the field this result would have been prevented. I think the players and Fergie just missed it, whether we attribute it to pride or whatever, there was confusion in the UNITED team yesterday. They just felt that they would be able to rescue the situation and then were always punished.

I never said anything like that.

My point is . . . Carrick is the only CM we have that is disciplined enough to sit, hold and protect our back four.
You rarely see Carrick get into the oppositions penalty box any more compared to Anderson, Fletcher etc.
That makes a huge difference . . . not necessarily saying it would have made any difference in yesterdays game . . . we will never know that.

Like someone said before, Ando and Fletcher will struggle to get you 7 goals each in a season and they are not the most disciplined in protecting the defence either. At least with Carrick, you know what to expect . . . he doesn't bump forward but he sits and protects.

For me personally, we don't currently have the central midfielders to play 2 in the middle at this present time especially in the big games, and if we must do . . . it MUST be Carrick and someone else . . . at least until Cleverley returns to continue the partnership with Ando that has worked earlier in the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
chamotex:

I never said anything like that.

My point is . . . Carrick is the only CM we have that is disciplined enough to sit, hold and protect our back four.
You rarely see Carrick get into the oppositions penalty box any more compared to Anderson, Fletcher etc.
That makes a huge difference . . . not necessarily saying it would have made any difference in yesterdays game . . . we will never know that.

Like someone said before, Ando and Fletcher will struggle to get you 7 goals each in a season and they are not the most disciplined in protecting the defence either. At least with Carrick, you know what to expect . . . he doesn't bump forward but he sits and protects.

For me personally, we don't currently have the central midfielders to play 2 in the middle at this present time especially in the big games, and if we must do . . . it MUST be Carrick and someone else . . . at least until Cleverley returns to continue the partnership with Ando that has worked earlier in the season.

Naa never said thats what you said, was just airing my own view based on what you said.

this means we have to play 3 in the middle taking into consideration the oppositions' pedigree and style also.

I hope cleverly will still be in the form he was when he returns
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
Im starting to think the less Cleverley plays the better a player he has become in the eyes of some.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
debosky:

I did witness the liposuction, but Ando paid for it as the final installment of Sharon's sponsorship deal. tongue

deborah, thunder faya your mouth. . . .

i would never have started evans in such a game.
smalling - rio - jones - evra. it was too easy for balotelli to target evans. he's an easy target for united's opponents every game.

good observation.
fletcher moved to right back and it was only anderson in the centre of the pitch.
toure, barry, silva, milner versus anderson and some people are still blaming the brazilian for the loss. how rich?

no no no. all the goals came through evra's position.
i am not sure if young was protecting him enough or evra strolled out of his position as usual.
the number of times micah richards popped up on that side told me evra wasn't doing anything. . . . .dzeko's first goal, where was evra?
aguero's goal? silva's goal? balotelli's goal?

evra needs a rest.

Mr_TA:

Im starting to think the less Cleverley plays the better a player he has become in the eyes of some.

you underrate him because we didn't pay £50m to get him from bayern munich or porto.

his style of play is simple but effective. nothing bedazzles opponents more than one touch passing. cleverley is a master of that and that also suits anderson very well. pair anderson with fletcher/carrick(long ball specialists) and anderson is ineffective. when fletcher passes to anderson, he stays static. anderson has no one else to pass to but the forward players running the channels instead of at least one of them coming to him - only berbatov gets attracted to the ball. nani, young, rooney, welbeck and chicharito would run towards goal.

then again, cleverley's one touch passing actually beats the opponents' line. cos he passes it, and moves forward into space to receive the ball and he gives it back to anderson who must have moved forward to. it means you now have 2 players more in the opponents area to support the attack .
with carrick and fletcher, they just play the ball forward and remain in the same position thus contributing nada to the attack. with cleverley and anderson yesterday, we would have scored plenty of goals and conceded few.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^
positional indiscipline. . . . dude is being found out.
i am also surprised you are quiet on Rio terrible showing on a day.
I have never seen United this confused since my 9 years as a fan!!

TA
I am also wondering given the assessment given his partnership with Anderson whether it will be safe to assume
that he will not play well sans Anderson. If mobility is his strong point, then we can assume this.

But i reckon his passes are something with spectre's of Schole's version!

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100)

Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.