Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,611 members, 7,885,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. - Jobs/Vacancies (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. (523040 Views)

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Recruitment 2022/2023 / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Aptitude Test / NERC Recruitment: Please Who Is Setting These Unrealistic Minimum Requirements? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:

So there are supposedly 3 slots per state, and the competition for those slots on merit in those states mentioned is just mental.

If it were strictly based on merit and not quota, Lagos for example will end up with 10-15 persons recruited, but since that’s not the case, those 15 will have to battle for 3 slots or 4 at most.

I said 4 slots at most because few states will have to fill the quota of some states that won’t be able to fill theirs.

now I wish I was from Sokoto. No pun intended.

Okay i get it now. Competition will definitely be high in states were many applicants scored high. But wouldn't this be unfairly distributed among roles? IT supports and Constumers/Consumers Analyst questions were very cheap, if it were general questions it would have made sense. They surely can't use them to filled up Engineering/Account/Research roles etc.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by mengho(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
cry

Cheap questions?
I don't think so, they just look simple, Unless you actually read the entire NERC stuff and Understand it..

Goodluck to us all

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Arinze1993: 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:
If you’re from the 17 Southern States plus Benue, Plateau and Kwara and u know within u say u no score reach 140 for the two test, I advise u just forget about NERC.

Nigerians get Brain sha, e be things.

it's not a small something, 140 is like scoring 70 for both test. For the second test possibly, but that first test get as e be. Anyways it's never over until it is over
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by baliyubla: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
Idrismusty97:
Okay i get it now. Competition will definitely be high in states were many applicants scored high. But wouldn't this be unfairly distributed among roles? IT supports and Constumers/Consumers Analyst questions were very cheap, if it were general questions it would have made sense. They surely can't use them to filled up Engineering/Account/Research roles etc.

The top guys from every role advertised will be invited.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
No question is simple or hard. It depends on your background knowledge of the role you applied. You can't study engineering and applied for human resources thinking you will find it easy without having a knowledge of some basic terminologies

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
I studied management and I applied for human resources which is a parcel of my study, however I saw some questions which were very tricky and looked easy that I'm sure many people who dont have the basic understanding will fail. So every role based exam is easy or hard depending on your own ability or knowledge of your field.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
ozuzukizito:
No question is simple or hard. It depends on your background knowledge of the role you applied. You can't study engineering and applied for human resources thinking you will find it easy without having a knowledge of some basic terminologies
If you saw questions IT supports were asked you wouldn't say this, I guarantee you so long as you can use a computer you can answer literally all. You don't even need to study Computer science to know all that. You can't compare hardcore calculation questions for just 30mins with "Which of this is an output device?", "What is a computer?" Or generic roles like Frontdesk and Consumers Analyst that anyone can do.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:

The top guys from every role advertised will be invited.
This is fair.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Idrismusty97:
If you saw questions IT supports were asked you wouldn't say this, I guarantee you so long as you can use a computer you can answer literally all. You don't even need to study Computer science to know all that. You can't compare hardcore calculation questions for just 30mins with "Which of this is an output device?", "What is a computer?" Or generic roles like Frontdesk and Consumers Analyst that anyone can do.
You should also consider the fact that each role has its own job specification. Well, let’s wait and see the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
ozuzukizito:

You should also consider the fact that each role has its own job specification. Well, let’s wait and see the outcome.
True. I don't mind being disqualified by someone who scored higher in my role, i will be more than happy self. At least it's the same questions we answered. That's how the competition should be based.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Ibnbabes4ol: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:

So there are supposedly 3 slots per state, and the competition for those slots on merit in those states mentioned is just mental.

If it were strictly based on merit and not quota, Lagos for example will end up with 10-15 persons recruited, but since that’s not the case, those 15 will have to battle for 3 slots or 4 at most.

I said 4 slots at most because few states will have to fill the quota of some states that won’t be able to fill theirs.

You are very very stupid. These are the kind of people we should expel from Nigeria. So in your mind those from the states or region u didn't mention that participated didn't or can't do well huh.
With this myopic mindset of yours you will never benefit from life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ozuzukizito: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Vawulence ��

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Salemed002: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Let's relax and not get agitated for nothing

Someone said scoring 140 In the two tests?

I thought the two tests had just 150 questions (100+50)?

So test 2 is 2 points per question?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter

1. Federal character can not force roles where application did not exist. Hence, for certain roles, those qualified and who applied may be skewed to certain states. Even at that shortlist will not be arbitrary. Here federal character does not really apply since available candidates are already limited

2. Where roles and qualified people spread across...federal character will be applied to ensure balance. This is done right from test stages to APL.

3. If after the tests and grading, high scores are found to be concentrated in few states, the best will be considered and some from other parts who may not score as high may also be considered to balance.

4. In the end, if federal character cannot balance across the six geozones based on peculiarity of roles and applications, north Vs south could be applied

5. Sometimes, someone may have below average score in tests or interviews but probably among only the few who applied to certain roles. E.g if only three persons applied to a role nationwide, and the three roles are vacant, they will be taken notwithstanding tests and interviews except if performances are ridiculously abysmal. Even at that, they will find replacement backdoor

Finally, it is this sort of sortings and considerations that often delay outcomes in MDAs recruitments.

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by nikola(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Salemed002:

1. Federal character can not force roles where application did not exist. Hence, for certain roles, those qualified and who applied may be skewed to certain states. Even at that shortlist will not be arbitrary. Here federal character does not really apply since available candidates are already limited

2. Where roles and qualified people spread across...federal character will be applied to ensure balance. This is done right from test stages to APL.

3. If after the tests and grading, high scores are found to be concentrated in few states, the best will be considered and some from other parts who may not score as high may also be considered to balance.

4. In the end, if federal character cannot balance across the six geozones based on peculiarity of roles and applications, north Vs south could be applied

5. Sometimes, someone may have below average score in tests or interviews but probably among only the few who applied to certain roles. E.g if only three persons applied to a role nationwide, and the three roles are vacant, they will be taken notwithstanding tests and interviews except if performances are ridiculously abysmal. Even at that, they will find replacement backdoor

Finally, it is this sort of sortings and considerations that often delay outcomes in MDAs recruitments.
Smart hands. Things I love to see and read. Smart, intelligent, responsible, matured posts.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Adagba15: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Boss, there was no need to throw insults

Ibnbabes4ol:

You are very very stupid. These are the kind of people we should expel from Nigeria. So in your mind those from the states or region u didn't mention that participated didn't or can't do well huh.
With this myopic mindset of yours you will never benefit from life.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Ibnbabes4ol: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Adagba15:
Boss, there was no need to throw insults

His entire comment is a generalised insult, so me I specifically tailored mine to him.
This is someone who has probably never stepped foot in Kebbi, Jigawa, Zamfara, Yobe,or sokoto but is here assuming candidates from those states don't need to do score more to get a spot ju St because in his shallow fish head, he has concluded that some part if Nigeria will do better than others. Chief grow up and discard that notion. So if u come get job for any MDA na so u go come assume say na u sabi or know pass anyone.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Idrismusty97:

Guy forget, I did the IT support test and it was hard, like hard.

They were asking questions on multi threading and deep atleast mid level cyber security. Maybe there were different question types, but the type I got get as e be.

I wish I got the input output type. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by baliyubla: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ibnbabes4ol:

His entire comment is a generalised insult, so me I specifically tailored mine to him.
This is someone who has probably never stepped foot in Kebbi, Jigawa, Zamfara, Yobe,or sokoto but is here assuming candidates from those states don't need to do score more to get a spot ju St because in his shallow fish head, he has concluded that some part if Nigeria will do better than others. Chief grow up and discard that notion. So if u come get job for any MDA na so u go come assume say na u sabi or know pass anyone.

The Personality Test will sieve our disrespectful characters like you.

If you care to know, I am a Northerner.

With this recruitment or any government in service program, quota system is used.

With the few Government in service programs that have been conducted and I have been fortunate to be part of, almost all overall Best in the process of selection have been Northerners with Kano State having the highest representation.

But where you have just 15 Northerners amongst the 50 Best Staff to be selected, what you have is the last 10 Southerners dropped, for the next best 10 Northerners.

Quota system is not new to Nigeria, except you want to play the ostrich and if this wasn’t a faceless forum, bet you won’t have the nerve to insult me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:

So sokoto no get connected people who are interested in giving their slots to their indigenes or people from other states that they want to favor ?
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Ibnbabes4ol: 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
baliyubla:

The Personality Test will sieve our disrespectful characters like you.

If you care to know, I am a Northerner.

With this recruitment or any government in service program, quota system is used.

With the few Government in service programs that have been conducted and I have been fortunate to be part of, almost all overall Best in the process of selection have been Northerners with Kano State having the highest representation.

But where you have just 15 Northerners amongst the 50 Best Staff to be selected, what you have is the last 10 Southerners dropped, for the next best 10 Northerners.

Quota system is not new to Nigeria, except you want to play the ostrich and if this wasn’t a faceless forum, bet you won’t have the nerve to insult me.

I don't give a dime whether you are a Northenr or not and besides there are Useless people among every flock probably you are among such in the North because not Northerners even Southerners or anybody will be comfortable insulting his likes or allow insult to be hauled at his people.

And this part of your sentence "and if this wasn’t a faceless forum, bet you won’t have the nerve to insult me." Just gave you up as a feeble person. No one who is who will brag about such. Allah wadaran naka ya lalace. I doubt if u appreciate the adage

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Salemed002:

All these analysis over same current naija? It is well.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Salemed002: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
You will have to be working currently in an MDA or participated in recruitments to any before, then you would understand...the criteria to shortlist candidates actually longer....it's never about scores in tests alone

akanbiaa:
All these analysis over same current naija? It is well.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
akanbiaa:
So sokoto no get connected people who are interested in giving their slots to their indigenes or people from other states that they want to favor ?

I thought you have given up on this recruitment due to your experience with NCMDB? Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I thought you have given up on this recruitment due to your experience with NCMDB? Lol.
which one is NCMDB? I never had any experience with any NCMDB ,you might be mistaking me for another person.
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Salemed002:
You will have to be working currently in an MDA or participated in recruitments to any before, then you would understand...the criteria to shortlist candidates actually longer....it's never about scores in tests alone

That is even if it is actually about test, I have not heard or seen anyone who has test records in his appointment file. Only CV and credentials.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ibnbabes4ol:

When someone with assumed lesser mental power insults others or you or you assume their words to be insults, is it wise to insult back ?
Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ProIT: 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lol ya'll should continue analysis till you hear people have resumed!

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by akanbiaa(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
ProIT:
You mean people that did not participate in the process and rarely comment on nairaland grin?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by dequnley: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
That is actually true.... I did IT Support and the questions are not easy. Funny enough I don't why people we find something difficult to do during exam and will come to tell people is simple and at end theywill not pass.. Abeg

Raheeqilmaktoom:

Guy forget, I did the IT support test and it was hard, like hard.

They were asking questions on multi threading and deep atleast mid level cyber security. Maybe there were different question types, but the type I got get as e be.

I wish I got the input output type. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
ProIT:

What's meant to be will be and what's not meant to, can't be forced.

Besides, if you see people resuming what are you going to do? Prevent them from resuming? Abi cancel the process?

Ours is just to have hope and be prayerful. We came this far, other's didn't make past the first stage.

If it comes, we give thanks and accept, if it does not, we still give thanks and move on. Ciao.

8 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
dequnley:

That is actually true.... I did IT Support and the questions are not easy. Funny enough I don't why people we find something difficult to do during exam and will come to tell people is simple and at end theywill not pass.. Abeg

I just dey loo as these guys were exclaiming how easy it was but the inference I drew from it was may be there were different versions for different stages or levels. Cloud and cyber security we're raining on me that day, omo. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting. by ProIT: 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
exactly

akanbiaa:
You mean people that did not participate in the process and rarely comment on nairaland grin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (143) (Reply)

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.