Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real (10841 Views)

UK Biafra:Nigerian Militants Hijack Merchant Ship And Demand Activist's Releas / Nigerian Militants Claim Bomb Attack On 'major' Oil Pipeline- CNN (2009) / Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by honeric01(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
For those who kept saying MEND was better than Boko Haram

Kindly tell me, what is the difference between them?

^^^^ Like the women below abi !!! Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7945820.stm
Nigerian militants 'violation women'
Niger Delta militants
Gangs of jobless youth join gangs in the Niger Delta to make money

A victim of a horrific attack in Nigeria's Niger Delta has described how gunmen violated pregnant women hijacked from two passenger boats.

The gunmen took at least five women from the boats to a camp deep in the creeks of the swampy oil region and brutally violated them, the military said.

The women were forced to lie down on the ground while the gunmen sang and danced around them, one victim said.

It is the first time that a Delta attack like this has been made public.

Two of the women were pregnant, a military spokesman said.

A security source says one of the women has since died of her injuries but this has not been independently confirmed.

They were ferocious and bloody, they took us away, and we heard they were taking us to their camp - when I heard that I thought I'd never come back
30-year-old violation victim
The attack happened on Saturday after two passenger boats were hijacked on their way from Bonny Island to Port Harcourt the capital of Rivers State.

"They told us not to lift up our eyes. I began crying to God," a 30-year-old woman told the BBC.

Begged

The attackers put guns against the heads of the men in the boat and forced them to jump into the water.

Some begged the gunmen to drop them off on land as they couldn't swim.

Five of the passengers forced into the water are unaccounted for, a military spokesman said.

"They were ferocious and bloody, they took us away, and we heard they were taking us to their camp - when I heard that I thought I'd never come back," the woman told the BBC at the headquarters of the Joint Military Taskforce in charge of security in the Delta.
map

The men forced them onto the floor and danced around them before gang-Desecrating them, she said.

Other women were taken to another camp where they were violated, according to military spokesman Lt Col Sagir Musa.

He said he did not know exactly how many women were violated by the gunmen, only that five had sought medical treatment after the attack on Saturday.

They refused to give details about how the women were rescued.

Kidnapping, robbery, hijacking and violation are common in Nigeria's Niger Delta where years of poor government has led to a collapse in the rule of law.

But this attack is believed to be the first time so many women have been kidnapped and systematically violated after a passenger boat hijack.

Numerous armed groups roam the maze of mangrove swaps and creeks.

Jobless youths join the militant groups looking for money from kidnapping, extortion from multinational oil companies and oil theft.

Some like the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend), a loose affiliation of militant gang leaders, claim they are fighting for a better deal from Nigeria's oil for the inhabitants of the Delta.

But analysts say most groups doing the kidnapping and robbing are not motivated by any political struggle, and are actually criminal gangs, known as "cults" who act as hired muscle for politicians, traditional leaders and oil thieves.

http://www.iwilltalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=264
Militants violation 28 female NYSC members Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Postby BigBrother on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:49 pm
This is quite despicable. I can't imagine completing your studies in the university and then exposing yourself to severe risks because of some outdated government scheme. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about it as the government lacks the will power to admit the irrelevance of the scheme now. Imagine the scar on these 28 young ladies for the rest of their lives? :cry:

Some unidentified gunmen suspected to be militants on Thursday violated 28 female youth corps members in Abonnema, a town in Akuku Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State.
A source said the militants invaded the residence of the corps members, who were posted to the town on primary assignment, and rounded up the ladies. He said the suspected militants went into every flat, Desecrating the women at gunpoint after which they fled through the waterfront. He noted that Abonnema residents had been constantly terrorised by gangsters who relocated to the area after they were sacked from some of their locations in the creeks.
He said, “These boys are not fighting the Niger Delta cause. How can they fight the Niger Delta cause, when they continue to terrorise the people they are supposed to fight for? Abonnema has become a war front and people are fleeing their homes. Now, they violation women and threaten elders. They invaded homes of some female corps members and violated them at gunpoint.”

Militants violation 28 female youth corps members
This is the kind of madness I'm talking about existing in Nigerians. What's the correlation between corp members and fighting for resource control. I feel so heartbroken for the unfortunate corp members.

Militants kill two policemen, kidnap three EPCL managers Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
By Soni Daniel, Port Harcourt
Saturday, 2 Jun 2007

click to expand image
Dr. Edmund Daukoru, Energy Min

Daring Niger Delta militants on Friday stormed the residence of Indians working for the Eleme Petrochemical Company and took away eight persons to an unknown destination.

The militants, according to police sources, put up a fierce gun battle with security agents guarding the premises and killed two policemen before disappearing with their victims.

Eyewitnesses said the incident, which occurred around 2am, shook the residents of Elelenwo, near the police station, which the militants bombed on April 14, 2007 and killed a policeman. Friday’s victims included three top managers of the EPCL, three women and their two children, who were forced out of their homes.

Rivers State Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Bassey Inyang, confirmed the attack in a telephone interview with our correspondent and said that investigations into the matter had begun.

The two Indians, who were seized from the same compound by militants on May 19, 2007, are yet to be freed despite pleas by the workers of the Indorama EPCL.

The militants stormed the residence and detonated bundles of dynamite on the gate before moving in to abduct the two management Indian workers of the company. The were about to kidnap more when soldiers drawn from the Joint Task Force arrived and engaged them in a gun fight.

The latest kidnap forced the workers of the company to embark on a street protest to press for the release of the foreigners. The Chairman of the Workers Association, Mr. Kriss Natti, said they were worried by the latest attack on the company’s management staff.

Natti said that the motive of the attack was unclear since the new management of he company had brought back the dead company to life and created employment for the people of the Niger Delta. No fewer than 200 oil workers have so far been kidnapped and freed since 2006.

Also on Friday, the intervention of community elders in Ogoniland in Rivers State helped oil prices slip back below $68 a barrel as supply concerns eased. BBC Online reports that protesters, who were occupying a major export pipeline in Niger Delta, were expelled by the elders, allowing valves to reopen and for crude oil to flow.

Also read up on this and see greed and arms dealing which should ordinarily destroy a nation.That amount of arms and money fighting/Arms trade is even worst.Because today they have introduce militancy and small arms insurgency. Undecided They have explosives and there attacks in delta,Bayelsa,Rivers claimed innocent lives.At the pick of Ateke and Dokubo conflicts if i remember well communities were attacked with RPGs and dynamite over suspicion they accommodate particular elements of a group.
http:///interview/asari-dokubo-me-henry-okahjomo-gbomo-judith-asuni-and-niger-delta-insurgency

Than grade criminality and insurgence our government should be known rather for its zero tolerance to it.So that a clear message is sent to wanna be.Eg Boko harm,MASSOB Grin Grin Grin Grin That it will not be tolerated and will be crushed instantly.Trying to justify the actions of MEND simply says alot about our ethnic mind set.MEND are criminals period.Why? Because the Nigeria law prohibits possession of illegal fire arms,attacking people and law enforcement agents,Blowing up infrastructure and people,civil disobedience,sabotage,assault,Killing,kidnapping,unlawful assembly,unlaw association to an criminal group,violation,robbery,treason,conspiracy to attack the government/citizens and above all terrorism.All this and alot more were various actions carried out by ND militants or MEND.
So why shelf the law?Rather than for apprehension of people to be asked questions and trials to suggest punishment for wrong deeds.They get rewarded.Why?Today another(Boko haram) has come again with its own reasons.It will only get worst.Not because of sentiments.I feel cheated being a law abiding citizen honestly.You work and pay taxes.You obey fundamental laws of the land and yet get harass.While criminality gets rewarded !!!

Coutesy Haka nai
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by chakula: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
Self-doubt is always continue in a country like Nigeria the whole well paid and authorized Militants can't make it up simply because things are wobbly, meanwhile the same guerrilla would have boldly comes and stated their capabilities of clearing away their partners in crime. What Nigeria has turn to for sake of Boko haram and mend?
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by WeMaStEr(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
make una no vex for my q. what is this boko haram them problem? wetin themthey fight for? or them just want to dey kill ppl? or is this a sign of end of the world? i need answers if any, undecided
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by ashdre: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2011
O God of creation,direct our noble course.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by honeric01(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2011
WeMaStEr:

make una no vex for my q. what is this boko haram them problem? wetin themthey fight for? or them just want to dey kill ppl? or is this a sign of end of the world? i need answers if any, undecided

THEY SAID THEY WANT 100% SHARIA LAW PRACTISED ALL OVER THE NORTHERN STATES, THE GOVERNORS SHOULD BE SWORN IN AND ALSO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO SHARIA

THEY ALSO WANT MOST OF THE NORTHERN PAST GOVERNORS BE TRIALED SHARIA STYLE.

They have more sha, e.g they want all the northern governors to denounce Nigerian style democracy and that they all should also apologize.
hope you know what that means? steal = get short sleeves instanter. grin
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by mabell: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
Precisely, what just cause are they fighting for. At least we understand the mends
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by kabba7(m): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
HonestLy I think we need these BOKO guys how beatiful it would be seeing our thievin Leaders AMPUTATED life on TV includind. Their Missus who are usually the couriers we should listen to D boys they talkig sense I will sign up. Our billion naira thieves sharia will take care of them no sentiment, those rogues will finish this counytry! Some kinikan lady is said. to have help herself with close $13 Plus some hefty Naira boxes sharia could prevent that, or is that the fear!!
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by honeric01(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
Oh, THEY ALSO SAID THEY DON'T WANT WESTERN EDUCATION BECAUSE AFTER 100 YEARS OF WESTERN EDUCATION IN NIGERIA, 70% STILL LIVE BELOW $2 A DAY.

Western education has been used to loot us dry in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by Fullohirrsikado(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
Very fascinating! Boko-haram against s.s millitants. I think boko-haram will defeat them.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by PointB: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
Where is the OPC is these period? Who is avenging the blood of yorubas sacrificed to appease the north. Arise OPC and be counted. lol bunch of lazy cowards! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by kabba7(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2011
We don't need BH Vs Mend war but their conbination Vs Looters to square up. I will gadly sell off my jalopy Toyota to fund team Nigeria VS Looters. I swear am not joking.They are our enemy not BH or MEND.I swear if am in the creeks I will partake in fresh fish and apetesi and if I should land in Gada after Ilella in Sokoto state sure am at home with fura de nunu with boys, Nigerians must wake up our corrupt leaders should be our target for bombs and AK47 {all models}.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by jmaine: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
Boyloaf:

fear only exist in the mind of cawords! AHUMEN we shall echoe! Boko haram must sail into d pit of hell!

Rugged you brother . . .Rugged you  smiley smiley  . . .
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by sarutobi: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
what happens to us in the southwest. undecided

if this is 4 real they should plan their battlefield well well. whether in the south, north or in the air grin

na dem get dia self.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by infofta(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
Somebody answer my questions
1. Can Nigeria be an Islamic nation?
2. How does these Abokis gets their bombs?
3. Who are their sponsors?
4. Don't you think Nigeria should be divided into North and South?
5. How do we put an end to corruption in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by owo2390(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
1. NO. Nigeria is too religiously diverse for that.
2. The same way others get theirs. Make it or buy them.
3. Sponsors? That's tricky. I will get back to you on that
4. because the whole dividing the country thing seems to be working in Sudan doesn't mean it would work in Nigeria. Nigeria's economy is in the gutter, dividing the nation would further put strain on the already fragile economy. So no Nigeria shouldn't be divided.
5. Easy. Education. We need to improve the educational infrastructure of Nigeria.

I've said too much!
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by shevon: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2011
I guess all Boko wants is for more of Sanusi in the scheme of things in this country. Abi wetin again wan pass that one? At the end of the day he will end up implementing all the policies that will see to their achieving their goals. Im never start am with the Banking Sector? Soon, every bank in this country will start operating sharia banking and we all will never forgive anyone that offends us until they their hands and/or legs are cut. Remember, the best place to bury the hatchet is in your enemies' stomach! cool grin
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
shevon:

I guess all Boko wants is for more of Sanusi in the scheme of things in this country. Abi wetin again wan pass that one? At the end of the day he will end up implementing all the policies that will see to their achieving their goals. Im never start am with the Banking Sector? Soon, every bank in this country will start operating sharia banking and we all will never forgive anyone that offends us until they their hands and/or legs are cut. Remember, the best place to bury the hatchet is in your enemies' stomach! cool grin
.Boko haram should stop their agitation and MEND should not start their own, however there is noting wrong with islamic banking because its not compulsory for all nigerians and its even good cos its non interest banking
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by luluosas(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
I never knew Nigeria has official militant recruited for keeping the peace in the land. If Jonathan with constituted authority and powers fails to fix boko haram, is it therefore an illegal body that will do so? By the way, I have never heard about this faceless militants group before. They think the north is like niger delta where they can easily run to the creeks. I bet them, boko haram will roast them alive. I will see how the government will react to this rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by Tyche(m): 12:19am On Jul 21, 2011
These kinnd of story should stop appearing on the front page.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by item: 12:57am On Jul 21, 2011
Please what is the meaning of Boko Haram
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by otulak(m): 1:11am On Jul 21, 2011
This is going to be a war between the SOUTH SOUTH(MEND) and the NORTH EAST(BOKO HARAM). They should hold their peace because it is the SOUTH EASTERNERS residing in the north that will suffer it. When two Elephants are fighting, the grass suffers (When North and South fights, the East suffers).
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by toblosky(m): 1:52am On Jul 21, 2011
please they should not name south-east as one of their battlefield and boko haram should not mistake them for ibos because i could remember that when NZEOGWU carried out 1966 coup,some less informed people like bluetooth said it is an ibo coup grin.if all this will be observed,then let the war song begin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by jmaine: 4:19am On Jul 21, 2011
luluosas:

They think the north is like niger delta where they can easily run to the creeks. I bet them, boko haram will roast them alive. I will see how the government will react to this rubbish.

In as much as this story or MEND threat is very silly and nasty at this point , cos Violence + violence = More violence, blood shed and chaos . .   . But you don't know the venom of those MEND boys . . . The JTF know better . . .them no be throw bomb and run . . .na face me i face you kind of people . .any person where blink mean say death don carry am . . . Those boys are mean and ruthless . . . 
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by shadows4(m): 5:18am On Jul 21, 2011
The crack is getting wider by the seconds, pointing to disintegration.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by agitator: 9:18am On Jul 21, 2011
shadows4:

The crack is getting wider by the seconds, pointing to disintegration.

hopefully by the his grace, we will disintegrate before 2015
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by agitator: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2011
owo2390:

1. NO. Nigeria is too religiously diverse for that.
2. The same way others get theirs. Make it or buy them.
3. Sponsors? That's tricky. I will get back to you on that
4. because the whole dividing the country thing seems to be working in Sudan doesn't mean it would work in Nigeria. Nigeria's economy is in the gutter, dividing the nation would further put strain on the already fragile economy. So no Nigeria shouldn't be divided.
5. Easy. Education. We need to improve the educational infrastructure of Nigeria.

I've said too much!

Which gutter, the fastest growing economy?

And which economy will be strained, oduduwa republic, biafra republic, sharia (arewa) republic) or niger delta republic?
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by calaway: 9:32am On Jul 21, 2011
@HonericO1
You are eigther very foolish or just a fighter of the northern or islamic course Just Like you brother muttallab in your attampt to compare MEND and BOKO HARAM.
Mend are boys who have had their farmland and fishing streams destroyed by the exploitattive north with nothing to show for its role as the sole provider for the entire arid wastelands of the north for more than years. Mend did not kill even one smelly aboki who litter the streets of PH and the entire Niger delta as government worrkers imposed on Nigera and beggers nor did they destroy your mosque suely the criminals elemets among them may rob and rap women but will never spill blood without provocation. Boko on the other hand are ungrateful. unproductive parasites who innocent Kill children and blow up churches and murder merry makers just for the fun of it so long as they are from the other religion and other parts of the country. U fools better give up. Nigeria knows how u idiot do, You lost jos plateau state so you tried to destroy it and now you have lost nigeria and we see you trying to blow it up, na una goi loose in sahort una don already loose.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by mizzz: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2011
if this happens, its going to be a serious problem for the rest of us who are caught in the middle,
but i guess another way to go about it is lets just find an open field somewhere and let them go at eachother there (a contained battle of sorts) and leave the rest of us who dont belong to any of these sects in peace.
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by redsun(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2011
D evil of d oil companies and nigerian govt against d people of delta is one of d 20th/21st century crime against humanity
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by redsun(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2011
Although MEND made a statement but they turn out to be haplessand cheap cowboys like d people they are up against
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by agitator: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2011
calaway:

@HonericO1
You are eigther very foolish or just a fighter of the northern or islamic course Just Like you brother muttallab in your attampt to compare MEND and BOKO HARAM.
Mend are boys who have had their farmland and fishing streams destroyed by the exploitattive north with nothing to show for its role as the sole provider for the entire arid wastelands of the north for more than years. Mend did not kill even one smelly aboki who litter the streets of PH and the entire Niger delta as government worrkers imposed on Nigera and beggers nor did they destroy your mosque suely the criminals elemets among them may rob and rap women but will never spill blood without provocation. Boko on the other hand are ungrateful. unproductive parasites who innocent Kill children and blow up churches and murder merry makers just for the fun of it so long as they are from the other religion and other parts of the country. U fools better give up. Nigeria knows how u do, You lost jos plateau state so you tried to destroy it and now you have lost nigeria and we see you trying to blow it up, na una goi loose in sahort una don already loose.

kidnapping for ransom justified angry angry angry angry

criminals of the highest order

all this ijaw people after taking bottles of ogogoro (kai kai) will come and type nonsense on internet undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real by redsun(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2011
What is happening in somalia today are the attributes of sects like d bokos,a situation where humans are reduced to subhumans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators / Buhari Meets With Samantha Power, US Ambassador / God Sent Buhari To Save Nigeria From Collapse – Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.