Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,195 members, 7,910,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:23 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32973 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by XKZ(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
Become a witness and marry her. What does denomination matter?

1 Corinthians 1: 12-13 
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3: 3-5 
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by coogar: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
hectorblaz:

I have been dating this chic for like a month now, and I must confess that she's the best I've ever had. We are so compatible. And she's a walking example of my imaginations.

She told about it like 2 weeks ago but it sounded shallow. But last night when I asked her what was the greatest obstacle we had to overcome in order to get married, she said - RELIGION!

She said she was a Witness and that Witnesses don't marry outside. And that we shouldn't even think it cos it wont work. I have a lot to say but I cant even type it. I couldn't sleep last night. And am getting depressed right now.

I dont know what to do now cos I really, really, really love this chic. I really do need your advice. Can you guys help me?

If not that I have a higher calling and a vision I live for, I would have followed her to her church. But I just cant.

Can I get to convince or persuade her to join my RCCG church? Is it possible? Has it ever happened before?

Her whole family are Witnesses.

We are really in love with each other, though I think mine is deeper. But no one wants to let go of his or her beliefs to join the other person. If I switch, its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.

Does anyone out there have any meaningful and workable advice for this dude, cos I would really, really love to get married to her.

this is one of the most idiotic posts i have read here. . . . .

you are the man(unless you wear sanitary towels) here for feck's sake. it means you can marry from any religion and by rights(especially in nigeria), your spouse must convert to your faith. as a man, i can marry a satan worshipper, a muslim, hindu, buddhist, etc. once we are hitched, she drops her religion and her father's last name to boot!

what's your business with what her family wants? as long as there's mutual love between you guys, her family has no bearing in it. if you truly love this girl, propose to her. . . let her deal with her family, and you can fold your hands and watch the drama unfold. if it gets too hot in the kitchen. . . elope with her, hire parents(i heard it's around $4 per head in oshodi) and do a grand wedding.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
coogar:

what's your business with what her family wants? as long as there's mutual love between you guys, her family has no bearing in it. if you truly love this girl, propose to her. . . let her deal with her family, and you can fold your hands and watch the drama unfold. if it gets too hot in the kitchen. . . elope with her, hire parents(i heard it's around $4 per head in oshodi) and do a grand wedding.
All these stress for what na? Why cant he just free the girl? It's just one month o? What say you?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by coogar: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

All these stress for what na? Why cant he just free the girl? It's just one month o? What say you?

sometimes a man has to fight for something he truly loves. . . . . .this is not about stress. . . .it's about getting what i want.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.guru:

To be very honest with you poster, a practising JW girl will never be happy to be with you in a marriage if you both have different beliefs. She may marry you now out of passion or infatuation but fews years down the line after the heat of passion has cooled off, physical attraction has reduced and stress of life in the world begin to set in, you'll start having problems because she'll start having feelings of emptiness and she'll feel guilty for not sticking with the congregation full time. She'll then open up to her family again and begin taking steps to practise her faith fully then confusing sets in for you as she'll also want your kids to follow her to the Kingdom hall.
Honestly it is a bad idea to marry a witness girl if you dont agree with their beliefs and way of life.
Your assertion is true but this isn't necessarily always the case and the reasons are worth stating. The reason italiced occurs to many who leave your religion is because they are victims of multiple phobia grafting. Because what they were fed as JWs are too deep-rooted, they keep having this fear at the back of their mind that they may just be a walking corpse waiting to die at armageddon. You are told this is the true religion, and several tiny details at put on your plate to keep you busy - from cross to birthdays to "God's name" to "Christian neutrality" and a whole lot else. You are bombarded with stories of people who suffered to defend these beliefs and reminded Jesus said people will speak against you, and you think, "this must be the true religion since there are so many details and I am suffering for it and others have died for it and everything is supported with the Bible and. . . " It goes on and on. If you pause to think a little it will all come crumbling down, of course, but in religious matters humans are not designed to pause to think. Besides the JW theology teaches you what to think, such that once your thoughts are straying you quickly slap yourself and remind yourself that you must not allow such "apostate thinking" from creeping into your mind and taking you away from "Jehovah's organisation". The solution? You stop thinking and read more Watchtower publications and pray and go out more in the door to door ministries - your doubts and questions never resolved!

Thus when you leave the church for marriage or any reason, you will always find yourself sometimes wondering what you are doing in "false religion" and scarred stiff of armageddon. The only ones who gain freedom are those who critically examine the whole JW concept and see it for the empty shell it is. Those who realise that the JW brand of "TRUTH" does not connect with FACTS. Anyone who leaves the church just to be free to marry or for any reason but without coming to true epiphany, will suffer cognitive dissonance and other serious psychological consequences as you have suggested. Some come to this knowledge and live quite happy lives after JW.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
coogar:

this is one of the most idiotic posts i have read here. . . . .

you are the man(unless you wear sanitary towels) here for feck's sake. it means you can marry from any religion and by rights(especially in nigeria), your spouse must convert to your faith. as a man, i can marry a satan worshipper, a muslim, hindu, buddhist, etc. once we are hitched, she drops her religion and her father's last name to boot!
This is the 21st century. Besides, her convictions and spiritual inclinations do matter.

coogar:

grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by xpagnol: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
which dream and vision are u talking about while you have been having sex without marriage and you still think the vision is still there for you. my dear brother please wake up to reality. and know what you want in this life and go for it. mine isnt just a religious vision nor mission but have stayed away from sex for the past 7 months just to avoid distraction and self pity.

when ever you are ready to marry and ask God to give you a wife, He shall always do that for u.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by coogar: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
MyJoe:

This is the 21st century. Besides, her convictions and spiritual inclinations do matter.

21st century my purple ass! her spiritual inclinations end the moment i pay her bride-price. she became a witness because her parents were - if she had been born to muslim parents, she would be a muslim. this jehovah witness thingy was forced upon her and that ceremony ends the moment she leaves her father's house.

xpagnol:

[b]which dream and vision are u talking about while you have been Being Intimate without marriage and you still think the vision is still there for you. [/b]my dear brother please wake up to reality. and know what you want in this life and go for it. mine isnt just a religious vision nor mission but have stayed away from sex for the past 7 months just to avoid distraction and self pity.

when ever you are ready to marry and ask God to give you a wife, He shall always do that for u.

so one cannot have vision and dream if one engages in pre-marital s[i]e[/i]x? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
coogar:

21st century my purple Bottom! her spiritual inclinations end the moment i pay her bride-price. she became a witness because her parents were - if she had been born to muslim parents, she would be a muslim. this jehovah witness thingy was forced upon her and that ceremony ends the moment she leaves her father's house.
That is possible, but you don't know it for a fact. Once she became an adult she had the choice of leaving but chose to remain. I know it may not be that simple but we cannot just sit here and assume she is there against her will. There are people born Moslem who are no longer Moslems and there are people born JW whose parents are no longer JW and they remain JW - religion is much deeper for some people than what their parents brought them into. I'm not sure where you got the idea from that the man's faith should be imposed upon the woman. Assuming you change the faith you married your wife into she is expected to automatically change her views and follow you? The way to resolve op, since they are not married yet is to sit down and talk things out. Can either of them give up their faith? Can they remain in their separate faiths and and try to build a home? If they answer no to both questions, what they should do is obvious.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by DaMirage: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
My thots: 1 month is still too early for u to go into depression cos u think it wont work. just 30day? haba. i have lots of JW friends and to tell u the truth,the once that are worth their slat in the congregation dont marry out. any JW u see marrying a non-JW never took the whole witness thing serious from the beginning. Is she very committed to the JW cause? if she is then i would advise you stay away from her cos thinking of convincing her will just be a waste of time. honestly. she wouldnt budge! they are so strong willed when it comes to that!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by mkmyers45(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2011
Guy let your parents approve 1st and 100% make sure her parents do too but the relationship's kinda young
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
Interesting thread and very good contribution by Myjoe.

For those that actually research Jehovah witness believe, they will discover that the believe is shallow and not based on fact. ut why cant they leave?

First, most born -in are baptized at a very young age (10-15) before they reach adulthood. The moment you are baptized, you are bound to the religion for life. If you leave, you will be shun by other member and your family. Fear of judicial committee directed by unqualified elder and other stuff to keep the practicing jehovah witness in line. Those are some of the reason that people that are IN cant leave or are afraid to leave.

The few that have left are those that are ready to question their believe and put it to the test. Definitely, the believe never stand up to test of time.Witness that are not in Brooklyn or Bethel are usually refer to as dumb rank and file by those that work at their branch office because they refuse to think for themselves.

Everything depend on the lady. If she want to date you, she will leave her religion and follow you to wherever you go. If she is not ready to do this, please leave her quick quick
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by chijam: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
I have been dating this chic for like a month now, and I must confess that she's the best I've ever had. We are so compatible

you never yan . . . .lust dey kill you not love
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by chijam: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
She said she was a Witness and that Witnesses don't marry outside. And that we shouldn't even think it cos it wont work

Then continue shinning her kitty kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cloud7: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
MY BROTHER,A WHOLE LOTS OF THINGS IS WRONG IN MARRYING A WITNESS,FIRST AND FOREMOST,THE LADY IN QUESTION HAS NOT ACCEPTED YOUR MARRIAGE PROPOSAL.IN ANY CASE,U MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS FOR YOU TO MARRY HER.
BUT IF YOU MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS,BE READY TO FACE (SLAVERY) COS THERE ARE MANY THINGS THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU BEFORE JOINING THEM, FOR EXAMPLE,DENYING YOUR (REDEEMED) FAMILY,REJECTING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR MEDIATOR, PARTICIPATING IN ANY KIND OF SPORTS,INABILITY TO ASPIRE TO HIGHER IN EDUCATION ETC
IF YOU FINALLY JOIN THEM,IT SOUNDS BIZARE BUT ITS TRUE,YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO EAT SOME KIND OF MEAT,ESPECIALLY ROASTED BUSH MEAT,YOGURT ETC, AND THERE IS LIKELIHOOD OF YOU SUFFERING AMNESIA, WILL TELL YOU MANY OTHER SECRETS LATER
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by chijam: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
We are really in love with each other, though I think mine is deeper. But no one wants to let go of his or her beliefs to join the other person. If I switch, [b]its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.[/b]Does anyone out there have any meaningful and workable advice for this dude, cos I would really, really love to get married to her.
dude, why crying over a spilt milk?

join her or you forget her  . ,  .i know a guy who has done that before and they are now angrily  happily married tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by XKZ(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2011
careytommy:

Jehovah witnesses aren't just a christian denomination.
THEY ARE A SECT
they are like the boko haram of christianity

What is the basis for comparing Jehovah Witnesses to Boko Haram? BH are violent JW are not.
As for JW being a sect, christianity when it started up was regarded as a jewish sect (probably still is). So too were most of the 'mainstream' christian denominations today once referred to as christian sects (with the exception of the Catholic Church)
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by FlamingGun: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
From a Witness in non-active status:

Give it time, don't rush. Witness indoctrination is very deep and hard to uproot. And no, do not convert simply to marry her.

If you give it some time, one of two things will happen: (1) your differences will be so much that you will drift apart naturally; or (2) she will decide that your relationship is worth keeping, and may accept to go against the grain. In an overwhelming number of cases, (1) is valid.

Yes, some witnesses have opted to marry outside the fold - but they are considered "weak" and "immature". Generally, they are not seen as good company among the witnesses.

If, however, the witness has "apostate" tendencies (as defined by the witnesses, in other words if s/he is capable of and willing to think outside the witness enclosure (box)) and does not hold her belief to be the only "truth", has an open mind), then, just then, it might be possible.

One last thing: don't try to convert her to your religion either. Witnesses treat all other religious groups as belonging to "Babylon the Great".

All the best.

FG

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by FlamingGun: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2011
To Cloud7:

Do not regurgitate hearsay. None of what you write is correct.

FG
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cowtail: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
look   elsewhere   for   another   lady.   JW   is   a   cult group.   Members   who   get   married   outside   the   group   get   ostracized.   This  lady   if   a   strong   member   will   not   risk   this.   I   know   a   lady   who   along   with   his   only   sister   were   thrown   out   by   their   father   for   dumping  the  group.   Her   current   condition   is   pathetic.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

MY BROTHER,A WHOLE LOTS OF THINGS IS WRONG IN MARRYING A WITNESS,FIRST AND FOREMOST,THE LADY IN QUESTION HAS NOT ACCEPTED YOUR MARRIAGE PROPOSAL.IN ANY CASE,U MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS FOR YOU TO MARRY HER.
BUT IF YOU MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS,BE READY TO FACE (SLAVERY) COS THERE ARE MANY THINGS THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU BEFORE JOINING THEM, FOR EXAMPLE,DENYING YOUR (REDEEMED) FAMILY,REJECTING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR MEDIATOR, PARTICIPATING IN ANY KIND OF SPORTS,INABILITY TO ASPIRE TO HIGHER IN EDUCATION ETC
IF YOU FINALLY JOIN THEM,IT SOUNDS BIZARE BUT ITS TRUE,YOU MAY  NOT BE ABLE TO EAT SOME KIND OF MEAT,ESPECIALLY ROASTED BUSH MEAT,YOGURT ETC, AND THERE IS LIKELIHOOD OF YOU SUFFERING AMNESIA, WILL TELL YOU MANY OTHER SECRETS LATER  
[/color]
[color=#770077]I laugh grin and cry cry at the same time for you!. . . . . What a FALLACY! undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Twinababe(f): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hmmmmm!!!wat a knotted situatn.i was once in ur shoes,but broke up last month afta 1 yr of relatnship.he never wanted 2 forgo his witness neither do i.thank God i'am overcomin the emotional distress even though its hurt.all i'll say 2 you is a stitch in time saves nine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rabzy: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
jaidopor:

Interesting thread and very good contribution by Myjoe.

For those that actually research Jehovah witness believe, they will discover that the believe is shallow and not based on fact. ut why cant they leave?

First, most born -in are baptized at a very young age (10-15) before they reach adulthood. The moment you are baptized, you are bound to the religion for life. If you leave, you will be shun by other member and your family. Fear of judicial committee directed by unqualified elder and other stuff to keep the practicing jehovah witness in line. Those are some of the reason that people that are IN cant leave or are afraid to leave.

The few that have left are those that are ready to question their believe and put it to the test. Definitely, the believe never stand up to test of time.Witness that are not in Brooklyn or Bethel are usually refer to as dumb rank and file by those that work at their branch office because they refuse to think for themselves.

Everything depend on the lady. If she want to date you, she will leave her religion and follow you to wherever you go. If she is not ready to do this, please leave her quick quick

You say a whole lot of trash as if its the truth. You don't know them but you are posturing as if you do. Who are those afraid to leave, many left and they came back, most of those who are disciplined and shunned as you said still come back and a few don't, its a matter of choice. If you are a Jehovah's withness, you act like one, if you don't you are not. Whether  they are wrong or right is a different matter so just leave it. A lot of people have given their thots on the issue and so the its between the OP and the Lady. All these other ones you are talking about is not the issue at hand.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

IF YOU FINALLY JOIN THEM,IT SOUNDS BIZARE BUT ITS TRUE,YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO EAT SOME KIND OF MEAT,ESPECIALLY ROASTED BUSH MEAT,YOGURT ETC, AND THERE IS LIKELIHOOD OF YOU SUFFERING AMNESIA, WILL TELL YOU MANY OTHER SECRETS LATER
[color=#000099][/color]

This made me really really laugh!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahapapoahahahaha INFACT im still laughing ooo, please I want to hear all these secrets. Oya inbox me, this is just too interesting, As for me, I dont open my door to JW when they come to evangelize, i no get time
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2011
rabzy:

You say a whole lot of trash as if its the truth. You don't know them but you are posturing as if you do. Who are those afraid to leave, many left and they came back, most of those who are disciplined and shunned as you said still come back and a few don't, its a matter of choice. If you are a Jehovah's withness, you act like one, if you don't you are not. Whether  they are wrong or right is a different matter so just leave it. A lot of people have given their thots on the issue and so the its between the OP and the Lady. All these other ones you are talking about is not the issue at hand.
No mind am! Either you advise the guy o you go to the religion section, where you would find 1001 topics on JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

No mind am! Either you advise the guy o you go to the religion section, where you would find 1001 topics on JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! undecided

MR "Skillz" (I like this name better lol), u don vex abi?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by quadrant4: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
Please when next Jehovah witness knock on your doors kindly allow them to preach to you because they have the truth of God's word. You must also be humble enough to be teachable no pride here pls!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rabzy: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

[color=#000099][/color]

Just take this to the Jokers section. That is how people spread rumors and lies that leads to genocide and other nasty stuffs. maybe you should read up what the Romans were accusing the early christians of, then you would have seen your kiths and kins.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
gloriuss:

MR "Skillz" (I like this name better lol), u don vex abi?
My sister, na over sabi dey worry some people! see topic wey i wan enjoy by the sidelines dem jus dey derail am! Na wa O! undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rabzy: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
quadrant4:

Please when next Jehovah witness knock on your doors kindly allow them to preach to you because they have the truth of God's word. You must also be humble enough to be teachable no pride here pls!

Jehovah's withnesses are not interested in preaching to everybody. Just those who are interested in listening to them
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

[color=#000099][/color]
grin grin grin
Better go easy on that stuff you've been drinking, brother!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by quadrant4: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
As many as interested in their message they preach to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Am I Taking The Wrong Move Buying Her A Phone? / Disadvantages Of Dating A Fat Woman(orobo) / Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met On Facebook: "It All Started With Hello & Hi"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.