Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,605 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (33071 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
MyJoe:

grin grin grin
Better go easy on that BURUKUTU you've been drinking, brother!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by OmowayeOla(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
It is wrong cos JW dere way of worship,waylife etc are different 2 oda pples,so is beta a JW shd mari JW.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
Well, for education purposes, let's break it down and get the facts.

cloud7:

MY BROTHER,A WHOLE LOTS OF THINGS IS WRONG IN MARRYING A WITNESS,FIRST AND FOREMOST,THE LADY IN QUESTION HAS NOT ACCEPTED YOUR MARRIAGE PROPOSAL.IN ANY CASE,U MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS FOR YOU TO MARRY HER.
BUT IF YOU MUST JOIN JEHOVAH WITNESS,BE READY TO FACE (SLAVERY) COS THERE ARE MANY THINGS THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU BEFORE JOINING THEM,

FOR EXAMPLE,DENYING YOUR (REDEEMED) FAMILY,
Partially true. They will remain your family, but your relationship is likely to change since you think they are of Satan's world and will not participate in many family activities. But how effect this has will depend largely on the wisdom of the Witness in handling things and how tolerant the family are.

cloud7:
REJECTING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR MEDIATOR
False. What you say is not their current teaching.

cloud7:
, PARTICIPATING IN ANY KIND OF SPORTS
Mostly false. You can "participate" in most kind of sports but you are not normally expected to aspire to "the glory of Satan's world" or "this system of things".

cloud7:
,INABILITY TO ASPIRE TO HIGHER IN EDUCATION ETC
Mostly false. They church leadership has since toned down its diatribes against university education. You are still expected to "put kingdom interest" before such "worldly" things as university education but it is no longer condemned. Young Nigerian Witnesses and their parents never took the diatribes much seriously when they were flowing anyway.

cloud7:
IF YOU FINALLY JOIN THEM,IT SOUNDS BIZARE BUT ITS TRUE,YOU MAY  NOT BE ABLE TO EAT SOME KIND OF MEAT,ESPECIALLY ROASTED BUSH MEAT,
True. The problem with "bush meat" is that they are usually caught in traps or shot and not bled like farm animals. For that reason most Witnesses simply avoid any "bush meat" dressed in their absence. But once bled a Witness may eat "bush meat".

cloud7:
YOGURT ETC
grin grin grin False.

cloud7:
AND THERE IS LIKELIHOOD OF YOU SUFFERING AMNESIA
If I say true to this one, I will need a few paragraphs to explain. So I pass.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2011
Nice cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
quadrant4:

As many as interested in their message they preach to.

BETTER!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2011
If anybody is saying that joining JW causes AMNESIA of some sort then OP run away oooo. FAAAARRRRR!!

Amnesia ke?

Olorun maje,

And any religion that causes amnesia could be misenterpretated as a SECT, CULT and all the other names people have been calling it,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by kindla(f): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
there is noting rong wioth dat oleh say d girl if she b bornwitness she cant me 2am a born witness ni cant do wat i
rabzy:

Just take this to the Jokers section. That is how people spread rumors and lies that leads to genocide and other nasty stuffs. maybe you should read up what the Romans were accusing the early christians of, then you would have seen your kiths and kins.
[quote author=rabzy link=topic=717700.msg8767964#msg8767964 date=13113429
[quote][/quote] SOUNDS BIZARE BUT ITS TRUE,YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO EAT SOME KIND OF MEAT,ESPECIALLY ROASTED BUSH MEAT,YOGURT ETC, AND THERE IS LIKELIHOOD OF YOU SUFFERING AMNESIA, na lie u dey talkcos we encourage higher education
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by martypaul(f): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
hi, i think you should meet ur pastor for advice becase jw are totally different from your faith  and you should not be unequally yoked with them. and marrying that girl she might be your Delilah
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cloud7: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
[b]MYJOE,Thanks for your Insight,

TO FLAMMINGUN & SEXKIILZ, Truth is not afraid of error, nor the devil. Only the devil runs from the truth, I am gonna educate you more on what you dont know about Nigerian Jehovah Witness and am sure you are one of them.

It is rare to find a Nigerian Jehovah Witness who has not seen or heard information exposing the dishonesty of the organisation. Why, then, do they not see a problem? Evidently, something else has prevented them from objectively analyzing factual information. Their minds are trained to stop short of doubting the organization - a wall has been erected in their mind.

What kind of powerful motivation prevents the Witness from entering the "dangerous" waters of critical investigation and analysis?
The motivation is simply fear and I dont blame them for that,cos they cant join any other church in Nigeria if they are no longer a Witness.
In addressing some the issues I raised earlier on,The Witness learns that serving the organization is the same as serving God. The organization is the mother, God is the father, and the Witness is to obey his "parents." Since the Witness cannot see nor experience real interaction with God, his only tie with God is through the visible organization. The Organisation here referers here is the Governing Council,those that publishes Watchtower Literatures, It is, in effect, "God" to them (though they would not admit to or recognize it).

Convincing the Witness that the organization is deceptive is like trying to convince a 5-year-old child who loves his parents that his father is in jail for armed robbery - he simply doesn't believe his father is dishonest. In fact, he can't tolerate the thought, since he has placed all of his security and trust in his father and mother. The truth is too fearful and devastating to consider. Therefore, to protect his source of security, he rejects the factual information as being a lie.

Now back to some of the secret that will not tell you before conversion,I mentioned earlier on about roasted bush meat,their reason is that Bush Meat is trapped with blood before being roasted and u know their stand on BLOOD, Back in the days,they shun taking yogurt reason being its equivalent of drinking bood.
A core witness that belives that the Kingdom of God is at hand wont encourage you to pursue higher education,

Ever wonders why some Jehovah Witness you know suffers amnesia? Will tell you later[/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by favouredjb(f): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
its amazing how they have enough single gals n men to go round among them,for them not to marry outside their doctrine
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by goody06(f): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
Forget about her she can't marry you
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MyJoe: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

TO FLAMMINGUN & SEXKIILZ, Truth is not afraid of error, nor the devil. Only the devil runs from the truth, I am gonna educate you more on what you dont know about Nigerian Jehovah Witness and am sure you are one of them.

It is rare to find a  Nigerian Jehovah Witness who has not seen or heard information exposing the dishonesty of the organisation. Why, then, do they not see a problem? Evidently, something else has prevented them from objectively analyzing factual information. Their minds are trained to stop short of doubting the organization - a wall has been erected in their mind.

What kind of powerful motivation prevents the Witness from entering the "dangerous" waters of critical investigation and analysis?
The motivation is simply fear and I dont blame them for that,cos they cant join any other church in Nigeria  if they are no longer a Witness.
In addressing some the issues I raised earlier on,The Witness learns that serving the organization is the same as serving God. The organization is the mother, God is the father, and the Witness is to obey his "parents." Since the Witness cannot see nor experience real interaction with God, his only tie with God is through the visible organization. The Organisation here referers here is the Governing Council,those that publishes Watchtower Literatures, It is, in effect, "God" to them (though they would not admit to or recognize it).

Convincing the Witness that the organization is deceptive is like trying to convince a 5-year-old child who loves his parents that his father is in jail for armed robbery - he simply doesn't believe his father is dishonest. In fact, he can't tolerate the thought, since he has placed all of his security and trust in his father and mother. The truth is too fearful and devastating to consider. Therefore, to protect his source of security, he rejects the factual information as being a lie.

Now back to some of the secret that will not tell you before conversion,I mentioned earlier on about roasted bush meat,their reason is that Bush Meat is trapped with blood before being roasted and u know their stand on BLOOD, Back in the days,they shun taking yogurt reason being its equivalent of drinking bood.
A core witness that belives that the Kingdom of God is at hand wont encourage you to pursue higher education,

Ever wonders why some Jehovah Witness you know suffers amnesia? Will tell you later[/b][color=#000099][/color]
Unlike your earlier post which had me laughing, you displayed a rare gift of communication here. I couldn't have stated the problem so well.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by FlamingGun: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
Cloud7:

Again, you regurgitate information you've either not digested or have chosen not to digest - although in some respect, your vocabulary is witness-speak. This thread was about giving advice to someone who is in some sort of dilemma. I will not discuss the finesse or otherwise of being a witness, nor all the issues (and there are quite serious ones) with witness theology/belief. There is a forum for that.

We could continue the debate elsewhere if you so wish.  shocked Been there, done that on this subject.

FG
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Patnoble: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
Noyhing is wrong with that but know that if you get them and your believe doesnt work,am afraid it might lead to divorce!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
Marrying a Jehovah witness is like pressing the self destruct button

Jehovah Witness is a mind control destructive cult. Read and watch

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/48922/danger_the_jehovah_witness_watchtower.html

http://www.irr.org/wit/four-dangers.html

http://jehovahswitnessesvideo..com/

and finally this link shows its dangers to children

http://www.information-entertainment.com/Religion/JWchild.html
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Wislet(f): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
cloud7:

It is rare to find a Nigerian Jehovah Witness who has not seen or heard information exposing the dishonesty of the organisation. Why, then, do they not see a problem? Evidently, something else has prevented them from objectively analyzing factual information. Their minds are trained to stop short of doubting the organization - a wall has been erected in their mind.

The motivation is simply fear and I dont blame them for that,cos they cant join any other church in Nigeria if they are no longer a Witness.

Amazing.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by firestar(f): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
undecided
Where is the OP anyway?

One month you say?
Infatuation.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
[size=18pt]THIS THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN DERAILED!!! smiley[/size]
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
abeg, make una no vex
wheo i said JW are like the BH of Christianity, i meant they are a group that falsify interpretation of their holy book.i'm sure of you agree that just like BH, JW beliefs are totally out of line with the bible.

@ o.p, u say u are in RCCG.most of the JW beliefs that have been posted here are just a tip of the iceberg
just ask your girl to tell u 1 or 2 things about their belief
do you know they belief  Jesus Christ is an angel?
you two can continue to date.but marriage?
, i reserve my comments
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Wislet(f): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
MyJoe:

Well, for education purposes, let's break it down and get the facts.
Partially true. They will remain your family, but your relationship is likely to change since you think they are of Satan's world and will not participate in many family activities. But how effect this has will depend largely on the wisdom of the Witness in handling things and how tolerant the family are.
False. What you say is not their current teaching.
Mostly false. You can "participate" in most kind of sports but you are not normally expected to aspire to "the glory of Satan's world" or "this system of things".
Mostly false. They church leadership has since toned down its diatribes against university education. You are still expected to "put kingdom interest" before such "worldly" things as university education but it is no longer condemned. Young Nigerian Witnesses and their parents never took the diatribes much seriously when they were flowing anyway.
True. The problem with "bush meat" is that they are usually caught in traps or shot and not bled like farm animals. For that reason most Witnesses simply avoid any "bush meat" dressed in their absence. But once bled a Witness may eat "bush meat".
grin grin grin False.
If I say true to this one, I will need a few paragraphs to explain. So I pass.
Deep.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Wislet(f): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
careytommy:

abeg, make una no vex
wheo i said JW are like the BH of Christianity, i meant they are a group that falsify interpretation of their holy book.i'm sure of you agree that just like BH, JW beliefs are totally out of line with the bible.

@ o.p, u say u are in RCCG.most of the JW beliefs that have been posted here are just a tip of the iceberg
do you know they belief  Jesus Christ is an angel?
, i reserve my comments
Angel? I reserve my comment.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Wislet(f): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=18pt]THIS THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN DERAILED!!! smiley[/size]
By you.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Rageouz: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
, theres nothin wrong but u hav to b a JW to marry a JW,, n i doubt if d girl in question is a true JW,if she is she woulda never date outside her JW circle,,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by firestar(f): 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2011
careytommy:

abeg, make una no vex

do you know they belief  Jesus Christ is an angel? Oh, but he IS a spirit?
, i reserve my comments

^^^You there, please state facts and not fiction.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
firestar:

^^^You there, please state facts and not fiction.

which facts are you talking of?
that i shouldn't talks about their beliefs or that spirits don't exist?
please i dont mean to derail the thread but you cant just brush these things aside
they can date but if they get married, these issues will definite come up
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ishekinah1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
Don't hang your destiny on a relationship. If she is not ready to join you in your faith just move on. It won't belong before you prayerfully get your help meet.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by firestar(f): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
careytommy:

which facts are you talking of?
that i shouldn't talks about their beliefs or that spirits don't exist?
please i dont mean to derail the thread but you cant just brush these things aside
they can date but if they get married, these issues will definite come up

State the facts I said for the benefit of the OP so that he learns and others.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by God2man(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
Many things are wrong with your love for a jehovah witness. 2corinthians 6:14-17 " be not unequally yoke together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? What communion hath light with darkness? What concord hath christ with belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? What agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said,i will dwell in them and walk in them and i will be their God and they shall be my people" One of the greatest decision you can ever take on earth is concerning your marriage, if you succed in it, life will be pleasant for you, but if you fail, it is like living hell on earth. So you need to consult the creator of the marriage institution which is God. A lot of effort was taking by God to create eve, you have to seek the face of God in fasting and prayer, so that you will not marry your enemy. What are you looking for in a lady ? Is it the beauty or character? Beauty is deceptive. Character is the best. I am sure in that your RCCG parish, there is a sister for you there, but because, you have not pray, you do not have the agape love for her, the agape love will come after intensive prayer, your body begins to glow towards the sister in your parish. I am saying this because i have experieced it, i am married now, and i am enjoying the marriage, i sought the face of God for some days befor God reveal my future partner to me. Nothing Good come easy, you have to strive for it. Please do not marry a jehovah witness on basis of love. Be patient. If she is the will of God for you, God knows how to change the entire family, you should even be praying for the salvation of their souls, instead of saying you want marry her. It is better not to marry than to marry the wrong person. Marriage is a complex thing to dabble into like that, change this your love of a thing. Focus on better things. God bless you. God4man.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ibukunobi: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
One thing I just want you to know is A HOUSE SITUATED ON A SAND MAY NOT STAND A TEST OF TIME. Your RCCG is intosticating you now because it is working today but mind you, this is a one man Business you are comparing to Jehovahs witnesses buildt on a rock, it has withstood over 135 years record, even Adolph Hitler tried their faith and he failed. its like comparing present days musicians to the era of 70's and 80's, where is the substance?what do they know, untill 1930, JW were known as bible students, they have exposed the truth burried By Catholics for over 1400 years. You may not understand, but let me give you something to think about, during the time of NOAH, majority were enjoying , drinking , marrying and they took no note until the flood swept that generation away, only eight pple survived as a FAMILY, please take note of that.
The day you thing JW is on the wrong side is the day you have failed, because your bible did not say WIDE IS THE WAY THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING LIFE.
Someone who does not meditate what he reads from his Bible on this thread was trying to mislead you, its is like a blind man leading a blind man, you said one thing in your first comment, you have an ambition that JW does not have which RCCG will help you achive. Please tell me does Jesus have two ambition when he came to the earth?tell me what ambition you have that will be more useful than when you build good relationship with God in heaven.
Majority on this discussion thread are RCCG member, how do you want to get the right help when they are sentimental. Infact they will never give u one good reason why JW is a wrong place to them, there problem has been that the pastors tells them what they want to here.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
Ok, am back, where did we stopped at?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
ibukun obi:

One thing I just want you to know is A HOUSE SITUATED ON A SAND MAY NOT STAND A TEST OF TIME. Your RCCG is intosticating you now because it is working today but mind you, this is a one man Business you are comparing to Jehovahs witnesses buildt on a rock, it has withstood over 135 years record, even Adolph Hitler tried their faith and he failed. its like comparing present days musicians to the era of 70's and 80's, where is the substance?what do they know, untill 1930, JW were known as bible students, they have exposed the truth burried By Catholics for over 1400 years. You may not understand, but let me give you something to think about, during the time of NOAH, majority were enjoying , drinking , marrying and they took no note until the flood swept that generation away, only eight pple survived as a FAMILY, please take note of that.
The day you thing JW is on the wrong side is the day you have failed, because your bible did not say WIDE IS THE WAY THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING LIFE.
Someone who does not meditate what he reads from his Bible on this thread was trying to mislead you, its is like a blind man leading a blind man, you said one thing in your first comment, you have an ambition that JW does not have which RCCG will help you achive. Please tell me does Jesus have two ambition when he came to the earth?tell me what ambition you have that will be more useful than when you build good relationship with God in heaven.
Majority on this discussion thread are RCCG member, how do you want to get the right help when they are sentimental. Infact they will never give u one good reason why JW is a wrong place to them, there problem has been that the pastors tells them what they want to here.

You are silly for that Bold statments, if you were around me now, i will kick u A*S*S now, most silly statments of the day undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
Jehovah witnesses are bloody murderers. We once had neighbours who were a married Jehovah witness couple. During childbirth, the woman started bleeding profusely and lost so much blood that a blood transfusion was needed to save her life.The murdering husband refused claiming they belonged to this evil cult and that the cult forbids blood transfusion even if a life is at stake.(This people do not know what love is)

My parents and other neighbours practically went down on their knees weeping and begging this murderer to allow doctors save the unconcious wife when they rushed to the hospital on hearing the news. He refused. The rest is history.

JEHOVAH WITNESS IS AN EVIL CULT!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

True Or Dare switching 18+ / Zimbabwean Man Discovers Love Potion With List Of Lovers In Girlfriend’s Bag / Schoolmates Who Met On BBM In Their Final Year Set To Wed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.