Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,049 members, 7,987,724 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 03:31 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1988298 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) ... (5491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2023
So 2 of the 3 bridges linking mainland to island for Lagos Don dey closed like this😂.

Government and ensuring that citizens suffer😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:41pm On May 19, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 12:42pm On May 19, 2023
larride:
FHC sitting in Kano has nullified the primaries that produced Alex Otti as Abia LP candidate and Kano LP candidate.
Otti would still be sworn-in on May 29 if he and the Labor party file a timely appeal (including serving a notice of appeal to the FHC) and filing a motion for a stay of execution with the FHC
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 12:44pm On May 19, 2023
Roland17:

Candidates outside the 3 major parties may as well become independent candidates.

Sowore, please take note!
Practically, that means there would be no more than 1 independent candidate in future presidential elections because I don’t see how a politician outside of the three (or four) main parties would satisfy those stringent conditions
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2023
This is the bridge that was closed, shouldn’t the government close it and do maintenance again

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
Theflint1:
And I guess when you're asked if you're aware that BAT was also mentioned in the pandora papers, you'd say you don't care, that at least you're not marketing BAT as a saint, unlike Saint Obi the fake Saint cheesy

Exactly.
Tinubu sold himself by telling people what he did as governor in Lagos state

It's Obi who sold himself with lies of being a Saint. All those I had one wristwatch, I have 1 marks and Spencer shirt, my son doesn't drive a car
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2023
PDPGuy:

Practically, that means there would be no more than 1 independent candidate in future presidential elections because I don’t see how a politician outside of the three (or four) main parties would satisfy those stringent conditions

That is the reasoning behind my post because the conditions are nearly impossible for a standalone candidate.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2023
larride:

Wtf is this 😳

E weak me. Which kain paper dem dey print for N224B? Are they training these adhoc staff outside Nigeria?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2023
Nigeria our country where northern man can kill because of religion and nothing will be done

https://www.nairaland.com/7694748/court-document-reveals-how-police

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2023
iamoyindamola:
This is the bridge that was closed, shouldn’t the government close it and do maintenance again

Lol. Just leave Prosper alone Abeg.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2023
Roland17:

E weak me. Which kain paper dem dey print for N224B? Are they training these adhoc staff outside Nigeria?

Must be some golden paper.

How that funds got approved is what is scratching my head.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2023
PDPGuy:

Otti would still be sworn-in on May 29 if he and the Labor party file a timely appeal (including serving a notice of appeal to the FHC) and filing a motion for a stay of execution with the FHC

Yes technically he can. Stay of execution is very easy to get in courts for politicians.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

Exactly.
Tinubu sold himself by telling people what he did as governor in Lagos state

It's Obi who sold himself with lies of being a Saint. All those I had one wristwatch, I have 1 marks and Spencer shirt, my son doesn't drive a car
Tinubu sold himself based on what he did in Lagos yet the same Lagosians he claims to have done these good things for spat on his candidacy, miss me with the audio doings.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:07pm On May 19, 2023
Theflint1:
Tinubu sold himself based on what he did in Lagos yet the same Lagosians he claims to have done these good things for spat on his candidacy, miss me with the audio doings.

The entire Nigeria admired him for what he did in Lagos and voted for him, the majority of voters from other states saw and wished their state could be like Tinubus Lagos while Obi was beaten to stupor

While Obis I have 1 shoe I bought 20yrs ago, I have 1 shirt was rejected roundly

At the moment Obi is telling America not to interfere with Nigerias democratic process while Chimamanda is writing letter to the same America begging them to interfere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2023
Is it a case of LP becoming so much attractive now, or that the enemies are doing extra work?

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/19/lp-crisis-ex-deputy-chair-okafor-asks-supreme-court-to-declare-him-national-chairman/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Exactly and her style doesn't relate with naija vibes
In nigeria idols last week those judges were just evicting contestants because they couldn't perform the song given to them
na tems song oo(damages) some even forget lyrics before they start grin grin

I don't blame them jare. Tems dey form one accent that can't be found in any culture
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

The entire Nigeria admired him for what he did in Lagos and voted for him, the majority of voters from other states saw and wished their state could be like Tinubus Lagos while Obi was beaten to stupor

While Obis I have 1 shoe I bought 20yrs ago, I have 1 shirt was rejected roundly

At the moment Obi is telling America not to interfere with Nigerias democratic process while Chimamanda is writing letter to the same America begging them to interfere
But the Lagos he actually did it for admired Peter Obi.

Maddo!!!

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2023
Donjazet2:

No he isn't. Tax evasion isn't a thing in Nigeria.
When 99% of the wealthiest all have offshore accounts and no single person has been penalized for it, it is assumed to be the norm.

From the days of the military era till now in Nigeria, no smart businessman will leave all his money in Nigeria where the government can do and undo so there is absolutely nothing fraudulent about Obi having his money in offshore account.

The only problem will be if the money being put there was one stolen from the people. But seeing as he has no single record of public embezzlement. I'm sorry he remains a saint to us. One who is far better that chronic thieves and state capturers.
They want him to leave his funds in his country so they can freeze his account based off some spurious claim...nice try wink

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:11pm On May 19, 2023
Spy360:

Maddo!!!

He wasn't contesting for president of Lagos

The other states saw the wonders he did in Lagos and wanted it replicated in Nigeria

Other Nigerians saw the state of Obis Anambra and rejected him

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:11pm On May 19, 2023
Ibime:

I don't blame them jare. Tems dey form one accent that can't be found in any culture

it is call LAFA

locally acquired foreign accent.

very common among our OAPs

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

Yea, I'm sure it's the admiration people in Rivers had for him that made them vote him.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:13pm On May 19, 2023
Theflint1:
They want him to leave his funds in his country so they can freeze his account based off some spurious claim...nice try wink

Yet he wants to contest the presidency of a country he can't leave his money

Obi actually hid the money in his daughter's name like people who stole govt money would
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2023
Spy360:

Maddo!!!
They know BAT is full of shit.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:13pm On May 19, 2023
GloriousGbola:

it is call LAFA

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pocohantas(f): 1:15pm On May 19, 2023
GloriousGbola:

it is call LAFA

Smh grin
Almost came off like some football league.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2023
Roland17:
E don red for LP

https://www.nairaland.com/7694993/court-sacks-alex-otti-assembly
Kangaroo judgement

1. Only a tribunal can nullify an election.

2. The so called person that represented LP was suspended by the party.

3. No due notice was served to the party.

This is part of the rubbish our justice system is known for and why they lack any credibility. This court in Kano is a disgrace to our judiciary and they are fond of this. Always passing out judgement and rulings that violates our constitution and creating problems here and there.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2023
Donjazet2:

No he isn't. Tax evasion isn't a thing in Nigeria.
When 99% of the wealthiest all have offshore accounts and no single person has been penalized for it, it is assumed to be the norm.

From the days of the military era till now in Nigeria, no smart businessman will leave all his money in Nigeria where the government can do and undo so there is absolutely nothing fraudulent about Obi having his money in offshore account.

The only problem will be if the money being put there was one stolen from the people. But seeing as he has no single record of public embezzlement. I'm sorry he remains a saint to us. One who is far better that chronic thieves and state capturers.

Tax evasion is called a tax fraud everywhere. Your Obi soiled his hands by being a tax fraudster.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

He wasn't contesting for president of Lagos

The other states saw the wonders he did in Lagos and wanted it replicated in Nigeria

Other Nigerians saw the state of Obis Anambra and rejected him
You are blabbing like bala blu,

You said he campaigned using the wonderful things he did during his time in Lagos. That's your key point.

Mine is why then did Lagos reject him and preferred Peter Obi that didn't do anything in Anambra?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2023
raumdeuter:

Yet he wants to contest the presidency of a country he can't leave his money

Obi actually hid the money in his daughter's name like people who stole govt money would
Yea, he hid the money in his daughter's name, who last I checked was a high school teacher. Anyone that's looking to investigate a politician that hid funds won't know to first check his immediate family...if Peter Obi was hiding the money, best believe he won't be hiding it under his immediate family's name.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 1:20pm On May 19, 2023
airmark:

Tax evasion is called a tax fraud everywhere. Your Obi soiled his hands by being a tax fraudster.
Is having an offshore business illegal. I really want to know so that I will not support evil. So just answer yes or no. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2023
airmark:

Same Peter Obi that presented himself to the Tax office in Anambra in 2019 with receipts showing that he has paid over 1 billion in tax to Nigeria in the 20 years prior. How much tax does BAT pay to the Nigerian government? The money he brought to his house in a bullion van, how much tax did he pay from it?

When will BAT declare his assets?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:24pm On May 19, 2023
Spy360:

You are blabbing like bala blu,

You said he campaigned using the wonderful things he did during his time in Lagos. That's your key point.

Mine is why then did Lagos reject him and preferred Peter Obi that didn't do anything in Anambra?
Peter Obi didn't do anything in Anambra, and didn't do anything in Lagos, yet Lagosians picked him over BAT that did everything for them...make that make sense cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2572) (2573) (2574) (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) ... (5491) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: sebod(m), Theflint1(m), StarchAndBanga, Ellexy, A40(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.