Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,974 members, 7,969,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:35 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1920036 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) ... (5383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
raumdeuter:

I don't know the situation on ground but both sides coupists and unseated president will have their supporters and it depends on the interest the media showing this protect that's what will determine if what you are seeing on TV or reading on media is pro coupist or anti coupist
Of course. But this does not negate the fact that armed conflict will be far more dangerous to Nigeria than any other option.

I am selfish, please. I have not hidden it.

When it comes to Nigeria vs Niger, I will pick Nigeria every day.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
izzou:

End that nonsense coup before it starts.

If majority of the population support him, he should become president democratically

That is not too much to ask.

The majority should vote him out in an election or impeach him constitutionally

Most civil wars in Africa has always been because a president from a tribe was removed by actors from another region even the final trigger on Rwandan massacre was shooting down the plane of the President. 3 months later the country never remained the same
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

my Boss....nothing oo

grin

....honestly I have seen no news, good or bad, from oyo today. If you have any, please share it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
raumdeuter:

The majority should vote him out in an election or impeach him constitutionally

Most civil wars in Africa has always been because a president from a tribe was removed by actors from another region even the final trigger on Rwandan massacre was shooting down the plane of the President. 3 months later the country never remained the same

Simple

If the people love him so much, why haven't they used the easiest, death free route?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
cool

Screening is ongoing at the Senate. Watching Live.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That's why it is their internal issue and they should be allowed to handle their internal matters. If the people in the country are saying democracy has not favored them why must America force feed them same?

All US cares about is democracy and their interests in West Africa; it's obvious by their body language

Who are the people that said democracy hasn't favored them? The coupist?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
First Nominee cleared...... Momoh from Edo State.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin

....next is Wike.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That's why it is their internal issue and they should be allowed to handle their internal matters. If the people in the country are saying democracy has not favored them why must America force feed them same?

All US cares about is democracy and their interests in West Africa; it's obvious by their body language

How do we know the govt they selected themselves and have constitutional rights to remove has not favored them? Shey because some power hungry people decided to hijack power they couldn't win at polls and got some people to carry placards

When shit happens in that country, it's the same America that they will shout to come and save their country. I like how we alternate from America mind your business to America come and save us

When America and the west looked away for some time in Rwanda shey dem still no collect blame and had to Come fix the issues later?

When Niger goes into a civil war and they start killing its the same America we will ask what they are looking at
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

And the few hundreds probably from their ethnic group that they shared flags and cardboard to
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin

I wan hold ham for neck. 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

Boss Ragner will have it hard here in Africa where supplies can't easily get to them. Niger itself is landlocked, if all their neighbors close their land and air border to them as Ecowas is suggesting, how is Russia going to send supplies to Wagner group.

They have borders with Libya, Algeria, mali & burkina faso.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

I wan hold ham for neck. 😂

grin

....don't suffocate anybody here o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
OasisX:
grin

....next is Wike.

CLEARED
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
izzou:

Do you have proof that majority of the citizens support him?

Because I am yet to see that

Do you have proof and credible source that Niger social media has been banned?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
OasisX:
First Nominee cleared...... Momoh from Edo State.
I know he's most likely Oshiomhole's guy...there was very little on the man online, other than news of him contesting HOR at some point or so. How was his session?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Theflint1:
I know he's most likely Oshiomhole's guy...there was very little on the man online, other than news of him contesting HOR at some point or so. How was his session?

grin

....not at all impressive.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
The whole screening thing is pretty much a charade, given that portfolios haven't been assigned... a very shambolic ministerial selection process.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
izzou:

ECOWAS is simply following the rule of law.

Someone won a democratically elected election. Let him finish his rule. Simple.

ECOWAS is removing the agbero that wants to usurp power by force.

The guy never even start, e don begin ban

Let ECOWAS allow a sovereign country to handle its internal affair especially as it has not spiralled or affecting neighboring countries as it has been so far..

Algeria just announced that she as a neighbouring country will be forced to interfer if ECOWAS goes on to invade Niger because they know the implications of such invasion

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....not at all impressive.
Heard it's "Bow and Go" for former legislatures...they asked him what he'd bring to the table and he said he'd perform to his best in whatever ministry he's appointed.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Unlimited22:

Of course. But this does not negate the fact that armed conflict will be far more dangerous to Nigeria than any other option.

I am selfish, please. I have not hidden it.

When it comes to Nigeria vs Niger, I will pick Nigeria every day.

Armed conflict will be far more dangerous and how do we stop the armed conflict? Do you think this action is the end of all uprising?

Which one is the likely easiest solution?

follow the law, or disobey the constitution? And if we go with option 2, how do we tell the next set of coupists not to go ahead. How does one illegality tell another to stop being illegal

Do you think the Ousted presidents people will sit quietly? And they actually have a legitimate reason to be angry and fight because the law was flouted and they are on the receiving end

And once it starts now, The coup will even be forgotten and old ancestral beefs will be opened like was done between Hutu and Tutsis, Most countries in the world, we just dey manage ourselves and it only need one trigger to open wounds

I don't want an armed conflict anywhere near Nigeria and however we can also avoid economic sanctions on an already impoverished country. Looking away and claiming its a sovereign country does not guarantee an escalation will not come internally that will still affect us no matter how much we look away
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

I read this morning that this ousted president coming to power in 2021 was the first peaceful transition of a new government since Niger gained independence. That means prior to 2021 democracy, (the way America wants it practiced ) hasn't been practiced in that country.

2021-2023 and the country is back to it's default settings.

I think a "big brother country" like France and USA interested in having democracy entrenched is such country with history of political conflict should first try to investigate the causes of these constant political instability and try to help them solve some of it. It should not just be America shouting "DEMOCARY OR NOTHING" when shiiit hits the fan.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
larride:

Boss Ragner will have it hard here in Africa where supplies can't easily get to them. Niger itself is landlocked, if all their neighbors close their land and air border to them as Ecowas is suggesting, how is Russia going to send supplies to Wagner group.

If its France now ehn ehn, but Russia that has little to no influence in Africa? I doubt it.

I agree with you that Ragner and Russia will have it hard in comparison to the US. However, I don’t want anyone to misconstrue the purpose of US military bases.

Over the last 3 months, Putin has been intentional in securing Africa’s support. He is forgiving loans, giving helicopters and other monetary incentives.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akpabio didn't even permit questions during Wike's screening, even with hands raised to ask him questions...bow and go.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amigoss:

Let ECOWAS allow a sovereign country to handle its internal affair especially as it has not spiralled or affecting neighboring countries as it has been so far..

Algeria just announced that she as a neighbouring country will be forced to interfer if ECOWAS invade Niger because they know the implications of such invasion

Is ECOWAS a country?

And wetin concern us with Algeria?

Niger is a member of ECOWAS, the same community Nigeria belongs to.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Theflint1:
Heard it's "Bow and Go" for former legislatures...they asked him what he'd bring to the table and he said he'd perform to his best in whatever ministry he's appointed.

grin

....to be honest, he is neither imposing nor convincing. I pray he performs sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Theflint1:
The whole screening thing is pretty much a charade, given that portfolios haven't been assigned... a very shambolic ministerial selection process.

no bro... We are following constitutional laws.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2023
OasisX:

CLEARED

Apkabio gave him soft landing. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Theflint1:

They are asking the current one some reasonable questions. Waiting to see how wriggles out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
This is suppose not to even be an argument. ECOWAS knows that they can't try any military intervention in Niger. ECOWAS only read out sanctions and saying they MAY use force as watched yesterday on Channels TV.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....to be honest, he is neither imposing nor convincing. I pray he performs sha.
I scoured everywhere for information on the guy and found almost nothing, that was enough to tell me all I needed to know about the him.

I'm sure Oshiomhole has learned from the Obaseki situation and has chosen to stick with less bright lads...easier to control. The guy's pretty much filling a spot for Oshiomhole in the ministries, and he has to kick up to Oshiomhole and steal for himself too, don't expect anything from that sort of nominee.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) (3006) ... (5383) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, Shegzdave, KingTom(m), seankafor(m), Ballzproblem2, LordAdam16, Ellexy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.