Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:47 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1698452 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3900) (3901) (3902) (3903) (3904) (3905) (3906) ... (5033) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2023
Realmrsean:
tinubu is more incharge of his gorvernment than buhari was

Buhari no know him right from left na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I wonder the people that actually use Jumia food cos it has never worked for me . No matter where I dey they will just keep saying “sorry we don’t deliver to your location “.

Na vex I use delete their yeye app.

Chowdeck that came yesterday are doing really well in terms of their service . I just hope chowdeck are breaking even tho
And glovo them plenty pass anything
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I wonder the people that actually use Jumia food cos it has never worked for me . No matter where I dey they will just keep saying “sorry we don’t deliver to your location “.

Na vex I use delete their yeye app.

Chowdeck that came yesterday are doing really well in terms of their service . I just hope chowdeck are breaking even tho

Lol

I dey use am na, and e no bad.

I am a pained customer
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2023
izzou:

Lol

I am a pained customer
Chowdeck/Glovo >>>>
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2023
izzou:

Lol

I am a pained customer

What is the typical cost per meal?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2023
izzou:

Lol

I am a pained customer

Na Chowdeck I dey always use; they make more sense as per service delivery and fast too
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

Hope you guys know what you are talking about concerning the IPPIS stuff and lectures?

I'm actually not talking about the merits or demerits of IPIPS. Just saying Tinubu is more open to dialogue compared to Buhari.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2023
Melvyn11:

I mean compared to someone like Asari.

Yes, he controls the whole of Delta, compared to Rivers where 4 warlords have their spheres of influence, but he still has no strength outside Delta. He only has small working relationship with Boyloaf in Bayelsa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na Chowdeck I dey always use; they make more sense as per service delivery and fast too
Checking the Chowdeck out, it's really not bad, and considering fuel prices, and the stress of going to and fro, their deliveries are priced decently.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2023
Theflint1:
Checking the Chowdeck out, it's really not bad, and considering fuel prices, and the stress of going to and fro, their deliveries are priced decently.

Yeah, their delivery price is quite affordable
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

I believe is not unconnected to the autonomy they are talking about given to public universities/polytechnics.

Can Nigeria universities fund themselves?

Don't you think will become very expensive?

Where in the world do government don't fund public universities?

Where did u get this ur own information? The news simply said ASUU and ASUP have been given approval to exit the IPPIS platform. Where did u see it being linked to autonomy/government funding of Universities/Polytechnics?

Did anybody talk about autonomy when dem CBN, NNPC and co were exempted from IPPIS from the onset?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Theflint1:
Na bicycle them they use
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Where did u get this ur own information? The news simply said ASUU and ASUP have been given approval to exit the IPPIS platform. Where did u see it being linked to autonomy/government funding of Universities/Polytechnics?

Did anybody talk about autonomy when dem CBN, NNPC and co were exempted from IPPIS from the onset?

“What that means in simple language is that the university authorities and other tertiary institutions will now be paying their own personnel from their own end instead of relying on the IPPIS.”

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2023
Itsrm:

I'm actually not talking about the merits or demerits of IPIPS. Just saying Tinubu is more open to dialogue compared to Buhari.

Hmmmmmm!. I have seen any dialogue yet oh apart from from promises that are yet to be fulfilled.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

“What that means in simple language is that the university authorities and other tertiary institutions will now be paying their own personnel from their own end instead of relying on the IPPIS.”

Lol.

U are misinterpreting a simple statement na. It means they will revert to the status quo before IPPIS was forced on them. At least there was a way the lecuturers were getting paid before the IPPIS wahala came up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lol.

U are misinterpreting a simple statement na. It means they will revert to the status quo before IPPIS was forced on them. At least there was a way the lecuturers were getting paid before the IPPIS wahala came up.

Why did they resist IPPIS in the first place. One of the reasons is that it limits their autonomy.

This is autonomy to public tertiary institutions. Na dem VCs go the present their budget to National Assembly.

VCs about to cash out too.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2023
Theflint1:
Ironically, Ramdeuter sees it as a show of cowardice.

This is apples and oranges.

Tinubu is basically saying you won't be employee of govt again you will run yourself and no one will dictate what means of payment to use

That's completely different from Buhari
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:41am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

Why did they resist IPPIS in the first place. One of the reasons is that it limits their autonomy.

This is autonomy to public tertiary institutions. Na dem VCs go the present their budget to National Assembly.

National assembly will have nothing to do with Tertiary institutions
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Ramdeuter is a hell of a coach. I had to bring the tactics here from his private Snapchat.

Subscribe for accurate predictions and the surest odds.

You know that coachie na the poster wey get gbola for his moniker
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2023
raumdeuter:

National assembly will have nothing to do with Tertiary institutions

Which place VCs or schools go defend their budget ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

They resisted the IPPIS because they said it did not take into cognizance of the peculiarity of their job and renumeration packages. You are just confusing urself importing autonomy into the discussion even when the news article didn't mention anything of such.

The issue of financial autonomy of tertiary institutions has not been finalized between FG and federal owned tertiary institutions. As of today FG still funds most part of tertiary institutions' expenses. Nothing has changed

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 11:46am On Dec 14, 2023
Remove IPPS so as to introduce their own very soon...Femi Gbaja about to cash out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

They resisted the IPPIS because they said it did not take into cognizance of the peculiarity of their job and renumeration packages. You are just confusing urself importing autonomy into the discussion even when the news article didn't mention anything of such.

The issue of financial autonomy of tertiary institutions has not been finalized between FG and federal owned tertiary institutions. As of today FG still funds most part of tertiary institutions' expenses. Nothing has changed

Read ASUU National President interview with Punch here. Prof. Emmanuel.

https://punchng.com/ippis-ASUU-hails-fg-as-fec-removes-varsities-others/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

Which place VCs or schools go defend their budget ?

They just become like private university so it's to their governing board.

Raise fund anyway spend it anyway leave govt out of it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:55am On Dec 14, 2023
raumdeuter:

They just become like private university so it's to their governing board.

Raise fund anyway spend it anyway leave govt out of it

Yeah, some of them are still confused. They want FG to come out and spell everything out whether this is what they really wanted for existing them from IPPIS.

Schools will become more expensive with this. I don't want this.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

Read ASUU National President interview with Punch here. Prof. Emmanuel.

https://punchng.com/ippis-ASUU-hails-fg-as-fec-removes-varsities-others/

The problem u have is u are reading the news with a preconceived notion that this means FG will stop funding Universities/Polytechnics and the governing council of the schools will be responsible for how to fund them.

However, ASUU, the umbrella body for lecturers in Nigerian universities, resisted the implementation of IPPIS within universities, arguing that it undermined university autonomy and does not accommodate the unique nature of academic work.

This is the reason ASUU objected to IPPIS from the onset.

While speaking on the impact of the removal from IPPIS, he said, “The approval will change every wrong thing in the system, vice-chancellors, and our colleagues don’t have to run to Abuja for anything, and the issue of multiple employment, and wrong deductions, will no longer occur. Our colleagues don’t have to run to Abuja over infractions in their salaries.

“All that universities need to do now is to go to the National Assembly and defend its budget and any VC that exceeds the figure should be punished. They should set the rules. There is no need to run to Abuja or the Ministry of Education for anything.

“They should resolve all these issues so we can all be on a clean slate and if there is a smooth relationship between the union and government, the better.”

This is the ASUU president talking about what the possible effect of the removal will be and if u noticed carefully he never mentioned anything about the universities self-funding.

Which means FG will still be funding the schools, bottlenecks which the IPPIS brought with it will disappear and all the university management needs to do is be prudent and accountable for whatever funds they will be adminisering.

Any other thing aside this is just u speculating.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Ippis is oracle payroll on the backend. All the talk about peculiarity of remuneration is just capping. It actually made me feel ashamed reading arguments from so called lecturers. And their so called in house payroll solution they allegedly came up with.

You can code any peculiarity into oracle payroll.

The issue imho is that it is an electronic trail where your wayo overpayment of 10 years ago can be brought out

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
monerozi5590:

Yeah, some of them are still confused. They want FG to come out and spell everything out whether this is what they really wanted for existing them from IPPIS.

Schools will become more expensive with this. I don't want this.

That's what is called autonomy that ASUU has been asking for decades

These schools will inherit the infrastructure of the FG now they can put into practice all the knowledge they've been teaching on how to run business and economy

I like it. It's better for schools to become expensive than to waste students life due to strikes

Tinubu campaign that 4yrs will be 4yrs no longer 8yrs because of strikes

If you are running yourselves fully what will be your excuse to be going on strikes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ippis is oracle payroll on the backend. All the talk about peculiarity of remuneration is just capping. It actually made me feel ashamed reading arguments from so called lecturers. And their so called in house payroll solution they allegedly came up with.

You can code any peculiarity into oracle payroll.

The issue imho is that it is an electronic trail where your wayo overpayment of 10 years ago can be brought out

This is ur opinion; u may be right or wrong.

The koko is FG has backed down on the IPPIS for now and the lecturers are happy about it after months of Ngige grandstanding.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (3900) (3901) (3902) (3903) (3904) (3905) (3906) ... (5033) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.