Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,284 members, 7,904,214 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:23 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1709934 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) (3965) ... (5051) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 1:41pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

How can u work for one full year and not get paid ? This sounds ridiculous and unbelievable .

Nothing is impossible in Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 1:41pm On Jan 01
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:45pm On Jan 01
FavoredbyGOD:
Please sir
Obainojazz
Raumdeuter
There is nothing to hide here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/panel-indicts-oauth-ex-cmd-of-massive-job-racketeering/%3famp

This was why I said it’s ridiculous and seem out of place .

So in a nutshell the ex-CMD of the hospital employed thousands of people the ministry/government does not have provisions for. Na wa o. Simply a case of job racketeering

But what exactly kept u guys going ? I won’t even report at a job they owe me more than 2 months salary . If I was in ur shoes I would’ve looked elsewhere and move on because going by what the punch wrote , it might likely end in a situation in which only few people will be retained and paid after conclusion of the investigation
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:48pm On Jan 01
afrodoc2:

A cursory look at his posts supports his story, unless he is organizing the longest of long cons.

See, nothing is impossible in Nigeria. There are levels of wickedness and suffering being distributed in bulk. The prayer is for one not to make the list.

Emaprince:
Naija situation is confusing.

He might be telling the truth... but the level of scam begging in Nigeria has made it impossible to know who genuinely needs help and who doesn't.

Sometimes, those that don't really deserve it greedily manipulate their way to the heart of the cheerful givers

Na wa o. Nigerians too need to be careful about getting all these government jobs through backdoor .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FavoredbyGOD: 1:54pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

Na wa o. Nigerians too need to be careful about getting all these government jobs through backdoor .

I didn't get the job through backdoor
You know the innocent sometimes face the punishment commited by the guilt
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 1:55pm On Jan 01
Realmrsean:
rema don chop her nkwobi sad
facts lol, for am to travel all the way grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:56pm On Jan 01
FavoredbyGOD:

I didn't get the job through backdoor
You know the innocent sometimes face the punishment commited by the guilt

U mean the job was advertised online /in newspaper publication,u applied and got the job ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:03pm On Jan 01
FavoredbyGOD:
Please sir
Obainojazz
Raumdeuter
There is nothing to hide here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/panel-indicts-oauth-ex-cmd-of-massive-job-racketeering/%3famp

May help locate you soon. This country is really so harsh.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:04pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

well, what is backdoor in nigerian context - particularly where govt job is concerend?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:16pm On Jan 01
GloriousGbola:

well, what is backdoor in nigerian context - particularly where govt job is concerend?

In my opinion , backdoor is getting a job that was not publicly advertised for all and sundry. Any government job that involves somebody somewhere to help u submit ur CV internally , this kind of situation can arise.

For example when Lagos state wants to recruit teachers , LASTMA , LNSC , etc they usually advertise in both newspapers and online, they state the number of people they are targeting at recruiting and all. U know when that is done, they won’t come back tomorrow and claim job racketeering or that the government agency recruited people outside the personnel budget of the government .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 2:17pm On Jan 01
Thanks so much, Dayo 🙏. I received it now.

God bless you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FavoredbyGOD: 2:24pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

In my opinion , backdoor is getting a job that was not publicly advertised for all and sundry. Any government job that involves somebody somewhere to help u submit ur CV internally , this kind of situation can arise.

For example when Lagos state wants to recruit teachers , LASTMA , LNSC , etc they usually advertise in both newspapers and online, they state the number of people they are targeting at recruiting and all. U know when that is done, they won’t come back tomorrow and claim job racketeering or that the government agency recruited people outside the personnel budget of the government .

They have approval from the relevant agencies to recruit and not to publicise the recruitment.
No thanks to those who sold slots
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Greatswimmer: 2:28pm On Jan 01
Raumdeuter God will bless you abundantly, Ibi ti e timu ko ni tan nbe .Word can't express my happiness.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GasAndOilTheory(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01
Obainojazz Raumdeuter May almighty God continue to shine his light on you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by wiseone28: 2:53pm On Jan 01
I don't know who sent me something.. May God bless you guys for helping me even without knowing me 🙏🙏🙏

Obainojazz Raumdeuter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:54pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

You are right about LASG to an extent because I know that they also do internal recruitment without publishing it for everyone.

Some of these govt agencies especially federal agencies most times conduct internal recruitment to fill up space. They only publicize it when they want to do mass recruitment.

If you know anyone in those agencies or ministries, they just need to put ear to the ground to know when internal recruitment is ongoing. Even in the corporate world, internal recruitment is a thing where staff can recommend potential employees to their employers. A friend of mine got a job at Hydrogen Pay (A subsidiary of Access Bank) through this way.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:56pm On Jan 01
BlueRayDick:

This was why I said it’s ridiculous and seem out of place .

So in a nutshell the ex-CMD of the hospital employed thousands of people the ministry/government does not have provisions for. Na wa o. Simply a case of job racketeering

But what exactly kept u guys going ? I won’t even report at a job they owe me more than 2 months salary . If I was in ur shoes I would’ve looked elsewhere and move on because going by what the punch wrote , it might likely end in a situation in which only few people will be retained and paid after conclusion of the investigation

My former workplace still hasn't paid me one kobo that they are owing me.

Our leaders are a reflection of who we are as a people. Heartless and wicked from head to bottom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:28pm On Jan 01
larride:

You are right about LASG to an extent because I know that they also do internal recruitment without publishing it for everyone.

Some of these govt agencies especially federal agencies most times conduct internal recruitment to fill up space. They only publicize it when they want to do mass recruitment.

If you know anyone in those agencies or ministries, they just need to put ear to the ground to know when internal recruitment is ongoing. Even in the corporate world, internal recruitment is a thing where staff can recommend potential employees to their employers. A friend of mine got a job at Hydrogen Pay (A subsidiary of Access Bank) through this way.

I know private organizations so recruit through employee's referals , but the point I'm trying to make is that when government agencies do unadvertised internal recruitment it is usually through man-know-man and it may be subject to a new government coming in & cancelling the whole process.

We've seen instances where some state governors in the last few months of their tenure will just recruit massively without any provision for those recruited. The new governor will come in and cancel the whole recruitment process because he believes the ex-governor did that to set financial trap for his administration.

I think the key takeaway from this is to always have it at the back of one's mind that such recruitment can always end up this way. So one should not put all his hope in all these dodgy government recruitment.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 3:38pm On Jan 01
I sit down for Ontario garden dey chop egbon dayo and obainojazz money. I don chop two plates of goat meat pepper soup, drink 3 bottles of origin beer. Babe dey house dey fry chicken. When I get home I will either eat before eating, eat while eating or eat after eating.
Make God bless una my big bosses. I pray say by next year na me go dey do the give away .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:38pm On Jan 01
larride:

My former workplace still hasn't paid me one kobo that they are owing me.

Our leaders are a reflection of who we are as a people. Heartless and wicked from head to bottom.

sorry about this.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:40pm On Jan 01
Ebukacute:
I sit down for Ontario garden dey chop egbon dayo and obainojazz money. I don chop two plates of goat meat pepper soup, drink 3 bottles of origin beer. Babe dey house dey fry chicken. When I get home I will either eat before eating, eat while eating or eat after eating.
Make God bless una my big bosses. I pray say by next year na me go dey do the give away .

😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by HOMOTOYOSI10: 3:45pm On Jan 01
nihilistjnr:

I don't have a nigerian bank account so I no fit do giveaway.

Low-Key I don try for thread citizens this year sha.
Happy nihilistjnr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by HOMOTOYOSI10: 3:51pm On Jan 01
afrodoc2:

A cursory look at his posts supports his story, unless he is organizing the longest of long cons.

See, nothing is impossible in Nigeria. There are levels of wickedness and suffering being distributed in bulk. The prayer is for one not to make the list.
He is telling the truth, I worked there for about 9 months without getting paid, before I eventually resigned to pursue my masters degree.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by HOMOTOYOSI10: 4:00pm On Jan 01
Emaprince:
Naija situation is confusing.

He might be telling the truth... but the level of scam begging in Nigeria has made it impossible to know who genuinely needs help and who doesn't.

Sometimes, those that don't really deserve it greedily manipulate their way to the heart of the cheerful givers
I don't know if he's working at the hospital or not, but he's telling the truth about the situation of the hospital, because I also worked there and I wasn't paid. The annoying thing about the whole is that, at times for some of us you're also expected to work at the hospital's annex in Ilesa, so you spend like 2k on transportation fare per day on top of not getting paid.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01
I am really inspired by some of the comments i am reading. You guys are really resilient, and God will compensate you people.

You will owe me 2 months max, and I'll be coming to work daily?

Unless i am stealing from you, hmmmmmm

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01
God bless you Dayo..... I just recieved it now. Despite our political arguements, It shows you are a Senior Man!! God bless you and oga obaino abudantly!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:27pm On Jan 01
Ebukacute:

Abeg brotherly, what are you eating while eating? How many mouths you get? Can you please expand on this your unique way of food consumption?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:30pm On Jan 01
izzou:
I am really inspired by some of the comments i am reading. You guys are really resilient, and God will compensate you people.

You will owe me 2 months max, and I'll be coming to work daily?

Unless i am stealing from you, hmmmmmm

You have wickedness in high and low places in that country. Since i moved to Aussie i think the greatest salary delay i have had is 1 day.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01
afrodoc2:

You have wickedness in high and low places in that country. Since i moved to Aussie i think the greatest salary delay i have had is 1 day.

Can we even call this one wickedness? Because i am speechless

9 months and I'll still be coming to work?

So if people ask me if I am employed, I'll say yes?

Hian!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Jan 01
izzou:

Hian!

Even the employer won't be scared

Imagine owing your cook salary and you still trust her to cook your food without poison
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:42pm On Jan 01
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:44pm On Jan 01
izzou:

Hian!

It is the hope that kills. Just like we still have Arsenal fans who think they will win the league this season.

On a more serious note, the very act of using people as glorified slave labour is wicked. The response of the people being used might seem illogical to you, but it does not justify the initial wickedness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3959) (3960) (3961) (3962) (3963) (3964) (3965) ... (5051) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Theflint1(m), BlueRayDick and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.