Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1601222 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4320) (4321) (4322) (4323) (4324) (4325) (4326) ... (4891) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:06pm On Mar 04
Omoh, I prefer yearly rent to monthly rent oh

Pay for 2 years and rest.

In a country like Nigeria, the tenants will be the biggest losers if this monthly stuff sees the light of day
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 4:11pm On Mar 04
grin grin
raumdeuter:

Na public University I go and I no die

If private Uni was the only option available to me, na mechanic work I for end up doing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:24pm On Mar 04
izzou:

In a country like Nigeria, the tenants will be the biggest losers if this monthly stuff sees the light of day

Na because your income plenty pass and can afford to pay yearly. If your total annual income is say 5m and your yearly rent is about 2-3m, how you wan afford to pay 2yrs without taking loans and the loans sef go get interest

Na monthly we dey do for here, if you tell anyone to pay yearly na wahala. even monthly sef, many people need to wait till last minute to get money to pay up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:33pm On Mar 04
izzou:

Don't bother ur head, the enforcement of the law will not work ; just like the anti-land grabbing law has not worked in Lagos. Is it not just last month that Abu Abel was complaining his land was grabbed by Sawoolu's aide?

Despite the anti land grabbing law in Lagos, I can tell u that u will still settle omo onile anywhere u want to build in Lagos today. The monthly rent law will also not work in Lagos
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 04
izzou:

I'm sure landlords won't reject yearly payment for rent, those that want to pay yearly can pay yearly, and those that prefer monthly payments, they can make their payments monthly. Make options just dey, instead of restricting people to yearly only payments.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:53pm On Mar 04
Theflint1:
I'm sure landlords won't reject yearly payment for rent, those that want to pay yearly can pay yearly, and those that prefer monthly payments, they can make their payments monthly. Make options just dey, instead of restricting people to yearly only payments.

How comfortable is yearly payment? It works for people who either make way more than their rent or those who get upfront payment at work like Bankers. Without the upfront many of them cant afford to pay that yearly amount.

If your monthly expenses are over 60-70% of your income how do you save up 1yr or 2yrs rent

In this economy which every spare money is getting stretched its even more difficult otherwise people will just start defaulting
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04
Is it not yearly they pay rent in lagos
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Mar 04
Theflint1:

For this Lagos? grin

Even me wey my Landlord na pastor sef, I'm sure he won't comply with the monthly payment. Just watch how ur fellow house seeker go dey yearly rent beg landlord while u are insisting on monthly payment.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:56pm On Mar 04
grin

"Everything from lines to stations [Red Line] to signals and bridges or tunnels had been costed and paid for by the Jonathan Goodluck administration since 2013.

"Hence, the most significant contribution of the Lagos state government to this project is the purchase of 11-year-old abandoned railcars at undisclosed fees.

"To be fair also, they put in quite some work in project supervision and collaboration with the federal government. For this, they deserve some commendation".

- Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:57pm On Mar 04
grin

....most competent Lagosian to lead the State according to Obidients. LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:58pm On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

How comfortable is yearly payment? It works for people who either make way more than their rent or those who get upfront payment at work like Bankers. Without the upfront many of them cant afford to pay that yearly amount.

If your monthly expenses are over 60-70% of your income how do you save up 1yr or 2yrs rent

In this economy which every spare money is getting stretched its even more difficult otherwise people will just start defaulting

People who don't work in formal organizations do daily, weekly and even monthly contribution just to be able to pay rent as at when due. That's what most traders and business people do.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:00pm On Mar 04
grin

"They claim that they laid 5km of rail to connect the Federal government line to Marina when in fact it is part of the Blue line from National Theatre/Ijora to Marina metro line, whereby passengers will switch lines where they intersect, and not a continuation of the standard gauge line as falsely portrayed."

- Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04
BlueRayDick:

For this Lagos? grin

Even me wey my Landlord na pastor sef, I'm sure he won't comply with the monthly payment. Just watch how ur fellow house seeker go dey yearly rent beg landlord while u are insisting on monthly payment.
I dunno sha, but I think if it's marketed right, even the landlords will see how it benefits them. For example all those ones wey tenants go stay 6 months or up to a year without paying rent go dey less common, plus it benefits the entire real estate space, as there's incentive for landlords to keep their properties in top shape...fit still lead to increase in rent overall sha, but I think I want that option of paying rents monthly. Like my current rent now, I've been paying in installments like two months before it's due, and will spread the payment to like a month after due date...if I see option for monthly, I for grab am straight.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04
Emaprince:
I pity seyi tinubu. Even our own airmark

grin
That's her personal opinion and Yorubas are exposed enough to understand that not all Igbo first ladies are bad.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 5:03pm On Mar 04
izzou:

They want to switch to monthly? Haha

I was telling a friedn this. ..that if you pay monthly, youll be feeling robbed.

1.5m rent is like 150k a month. E no dey hard one month don exhaust. Paying house rent will become a regular thing, one would feel like he is been drained. Its better to pay for a year and relax.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 5:03pm On Mar 04
airmark:

grin
That's her personal opinion and Yorubas are exposed enough to understand that not all Igbo first ladies are bad.

Your political ambitions are dead bro. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

For a lot of persons, I'm sure they'd prefer that monthly payment plan.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:10pm On Mar 04
Theflint1:
I dunno sha, but I think if it's marketed right, even the landlords will see how it benefits them. For example all those ones wey tenants go stay 6 months or up to a year without paying rent go dey less common, plus it benefits the entire real estate space, as there's incentive for landlords to keep their properties in top shape...fit still lead to increase in rent overall sha, but I think I want that option of paying rents monthly. Like my current rent now, I've been paying in installments like two months before it's due, and will spread the payment to like a month after due date...if I see option for monthly, I for grab am straight.

Sadly, in Lagos where housing is a big issue the Landlords call the shots.

If u go house hunting in Lagos, u go know say Landlords are kings. U go see house wey dey perfect for u like this , because u don't meet a certain condition set by Landlord u will be rejected by Landlord. Landlords wey go ask u to come with ur wife make dem assess una before dem give una house grin

A friend of mine when he was house hunting; his landlord requested he come with his fiancé that time.....Landlord requested that he send a snapshot of his and wife's ID card before they came. He had no choice but to comply and got the house eventually. To rent house for Lagos na work on it's own. If u be Yahoo boy, u go even need to forge ID card for some Landlord just to deceive them to get the house.

All I'm saying is the competition for good houses in Lagos is high and most landlord will always find ways to make would-be tenants bend to their conditions like yearly payment even when government says it should be monthly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ab0bii: 5:18pm On Mar 04
OasisX:
grin

"They claim that they laid 5km of rail to connect the Federal government line to Marina when in fact it is part of the Blue line from National Theatre/Ijora to Marina metro line, whereby passengers will switch lines where they intersect, and not a continuation of the standard gauge line as falsely portrayed."

- Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour
This one sabi look for trouble sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 5:20pm On Mar 04
BlueRayDick:

Sadly, in Lagos where housing is a big issue the Landlords call the shots.

If u go house hunting in Lagos, u go know say Landlords are kings. U go see house wey dey perfect for u like this , because u don't meet a certain condition set by Landlord u will be rejected by Landlord. Landlords wey go ask u to come with ur wife make dem assess una before dem give una house grin

A friend of mine when he was house hunting; his landlord requested he come with his fiancé that time.....Landlord requested that he send a snapshot of his and wife's ID card before they came. He had no choice but to comply and got the house eventually. To rent house for Lagos na work on it's own. If u be Yahoo boy, u go even need to forge ID card for some Landlord just to deceive them to get the house.

All I'm saying is the competition for good houses in Lagos is high and most landlord will always find ways to make would-be tenants bend to their conditions like yearly payment even when government says it should be monthly.
You spoke the truth. They will ask for your former lanflorfs number and address sef. And reach out to him to ask aboit the kind of person you are. Your bankers name and adress.

As long as na standard house, you go pass interview before they consider you.

The shakara no be here.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:21pm On Mar 04
grin

......Mí o ni sọ ń kánkán. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:26pm On Mar 04
Emaprince:
You spoke the truth. They will ask for your former lanflorfs number and address sef. And reach out to him to ask aboit the kind of person you are. Your bankers name and adress.

As long as na standard house, you go pass interview before they consider you.

The shakara no be here.

Na who never go house-hunting for Lagos go think say any tenancy law go shake those Landlords.

If u wan dey prove one-thing one-thing, Lagos Landlord go move to the next would-be tenant. Lagos wey be say before one tenant pack commot finish people don dey come ask Landlord for cost of rent.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04
Emaprince:
Your political ambitions are dead bro. grin

Political ambition death certifier. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:59pm On Mar 04
OasisX:
grin

"Everything from lines to stations [Red Line] to signals and bridges or tunnels had been costed and paid for by the Jonathan Goodluck administration since 2013.

"Hence, the most significant contribution of the Lagos state government to this project is the purchase of 11-year-old abandoned railcars at undisclosed fees.

"To be fair also, they put in quite some work in project supervision and collaboration with the federal government. For this, they deserve some commendation".

- Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

Some jjcs will read this rubbish and vomit it as gospel truth.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 6:07pm On Mar 04
izzou:

grin grin grin

But i do wonder what will make a man bring a bill of 1 milion plus online for help

Is it that he doesn’t have friends, relatives, church members, neighbours, etc?

If i can swallow my pride and post all my details online to strangers, i should be able to ask every single soul i know too.

I don't know sha. Maybe he has done that too.

I pray he receives the help he seeks.
Because he may likely get more than the amount he is asking for when online donation start coming in. He has put himself out for help, let's see if people respond and assist him and how much he will get in the end.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 6:36pm On Mar 04
Spy360:

I am beginning to think that it is a systematic way of feeding some parts of the country without raising dust.
You can't be serious man

grin cheesy grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04
Spy360:

I am beginning to think that it is a systematic way of feeding some parts of the country without raising dust.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:00pm On Mar 04
izzou:

grin grin grin

But i do wonder what will make a man bring a bill of 1 milion plus online for help

Is it that he doesn’t have friends, relatives, church members, neighbours, etc?

If i can swallow my pride and post all my details online to strangers, i should be able to ask every single soul i know too.

I don't know sha. Maybe he has done that too.

I pray he receives the help he seeks.

The answer if family responsiblities

The missus took the kids to lokoja for Xmas. I was home alone.

My cost of living dropped. There are things you buy that will last you a week or more. With the fam, if you like shout, threaten, cajole it is gone in 1-3 days. I managed 40gb for a straight month. They returned and the 40gb did not reach 2weeks.

Now take basic cost of living and add school fees etal.

It is hard ooo.

And family means more wear and tear on everything. We were at a supermarket and we saw a Lexus rx and I commented that this is the car your mum wanted. And my daughter responded but with kids the leather car seats will be a mess very quickly.

Sometimes you don do all you can and wahala go still dey.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:20pm On Mar 04
raumdeuter:

Looks like both links in your post have been deleted. Maybe Oga dey check all of una wey dey abuse am

Na this thread oga dey use check temperature because ol gees dey here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:26pm On Mar 04
Theflint1:

If rent is monthly instead of yearly, rent prices will go up, that one sure.

Because the yearly rents factor in that people done blow money throughout the year and don't have much affordability left, while it is easier to plan a higher amount for monthly. Also yearly rent is not relative to the yield one would expect from a property investment, while monthly will lift it closer to a reasonable yield. I done see house wey be N80m and people paying N1m yearly rent. That's useless yield. If it was monthly, you go ask the tenant for like N200k per month, make your yield balance small
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:42pm On Mar 04
Ibime:

If rent is monthly instead of yearly, rent prices will go up, that one sure.

Because the yearly rents factor in that people done blow money throughout the year and don't have much affordability left, while it is easier to plan a higher amount for monthly. Also yearly rent is not relative to the yield one would expect from a property investment, while monthly will lift it closer to a reasonable yield. I done see house wey be N80m and people paying N1m yearly rent. That's useless yield. If it was monthly, you go ask the tenant for like N200k per month, make your yield balance small

That's why I keep telling people that building a house to rent with is not much of a profitable business in Nigeria .

20 years down the line ur rental income will not still be able to payback ur capital investment . Smh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:43pm On Mar 04
Omo! Haiti has descended to full blown anarchy

(1) (2) (3) ... (4320) (4321) (4322) (4323) (4324) (4325) (4326) ... (4891) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: wegevv, DynamoDeGreat, GloriousGbola, A40(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.