Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,052 members, 7,980,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:54 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1956700 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) (4726) (4727) (4728) ... (5449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:30pm On May 29
seankafor:
Where was all these gibberish on oct 7 undecided

I guess Nelson Mandela was alive in October 7th, 2023. Do you really know why South Africa is dragging Israel at the ICJ?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 12:32pm On May 29
Nothing can be worse than all the governors of Bayelsa combined. State with the lowest population in addition to enjoying highest oil derivation money yet it's currently dragging development index numbers with the Yobes, Benues and Zamfaras of this world.

seankafor:
Best president -- obj

Best governor -- umahi

Worst president --Gej

Worst governor -- okezie ikpeazu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:33pm On May 29
BlueRayDick e be like say Ajuri don lie for bayo head.
Tinubu is said to be on his way to National Assembly 😁

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:38pm On May 29
People only remember Oct 7th, then turn blind eyes to Israeli atrocities in West Bank, Gaza Strip, discriminatiory economic policies.
For a start Gaza is considered the world largest open air prison. The Israeli blockade them in the air, land and sea since 2007.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 12:38pm On May 29
Ibime:

Tourism is about attracting people with money which for us means International visitors. Making tourism the cornerstone of your economy was a dumb decision in a country without the ability to attract foreign visitors and where the local population in Nigeria lacks the disposable income, especially in the middle of insecurity that was going on at that time in Niger Delta and going on till today. In a state that lacks the supporting industries that make tourism thrive whether it's the food production or transport networks, that was always going to be a white elephant.

If you go to any mass tourism holiday destination today, you expect to have croissants, sausages, bacon etc on your table first thing in the morning, choice of various foreign foods in the afternoon and evening (Italian. Chinese, Paella, Seafood, Cheese, Wine, french pastries) etc with either local production able to meet these needs or imports flowing daily to meet these needs. You will find these in any holiday destination today. Your travel must be VISA free from the developed countries or be able to be bought in the plane quickly or on arrival with no questions asked. Return plane tickets must be £400 and below with direct flights, leaving enough headroom for travel agents to put together a package and pass on profit to the hotel. There are not even foreign flights to Cross River today. All these conditions above are met by holiday destination, even Gambia is meeting these conditions.

You must have supporting activities outside the resort such as water sports, water skiing, windsurfing, swimming with dolphins, helicopter rides etc also, not just lock tourists in a resort with armed soldiers making them feel uncomfortable

Below is Porters diamond (not 5 forces) which determines where countries put their investments. A simple example of the "related and supporting industries" section of Porters diamond is a country renowned in making wine will choose to invest in cheese-making since cheese and wine are often consumed together. "Demand conditions" means you have local demand that can provide a revenue base while you scale up. Calabar had none of these. Duke was a Capital fail.

On the other hand, Lagos knew that their strength lay in Business tourism and real Estate and they capitalised where they had competitive advantage. They saw insecurity in Niger Delta gave them an advantage and they guaranteed security in the Island. They have the port and the International airport, and they can even appeal to the foreign pallette. If you go to the major hotels on the Island today, you will have any European food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Go to Calabar and they will surely be asking you to manage edikaikong.
Chief you get beef with Calabar people? Tourism works? And I don't subscribe that it was a dumb decision? If subsequent govts had not abandoned it, it would have thrived, case in point why is tourism thriving in Lagos Island but not in Badagry? All stems from govts pouring investment towards an area, so smart investor would pour money into the area as well.

There are decent hotels in Calabar that would cater to intercontinental cuisine and with time many more would have sprung up.

The insecurity and decimation of the Nigerian middle class also played major roles these are external factors outside his purview.

The calabar carnival was popping naa, and huge money maker that Lagos doesn't even has something similar, so it's more of a failed enterprise rather than a white elephant project, the market and potential is still there, hopefully Umahi useless costal road would have it connected grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:56pm On May 29
Olowunl01:

Chief you get beef with Calabar people? Tourism works? And I don't subscribe that it was a dumb decision? If subsequent govts had not abandoned it, it would have thrived, case in point why is tourism thriving in Lagos Island but not in Badagry? All stems from govts pouring investment towards an area, so smart investor would pour money into the area as well.

There are decent hotels in Calabar that would cater to intercontinental cuisine and with time many more would have sprung up.

The insecurity and decimation of the Nigerian middle class also played major roles these are external factors outside his purview.

The calabar carnival was popping naa, and huge money maker that Lagos doesn't even has something similar, so it's more of a failed enterprise rather than a white elephant project, the market and potential is still there, hopefully Umahi useless costal road would have it connected grin
During Calabar carnival in duke's era all hotels are always fully booked
Be like ibime get beef with duke
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:56pm On May 29
chrisooblog:
If you judge strictly based on actual performance that impacted people I can see why you would say PBAT was a below average governor but then again look at the policies and roadmaps that subsequent Lagos governors followed that improved the economic and infrastructural landscape of the state? You might hate his politics but you have to grudgingly accept Tinubu finish work. Lekki FTZ that houses port and Dangote refinery whose brain child was it? He implemented the tax regime as flawed as it is that has enabled the state to embark on projects that rival the FG. Fashola is by far the best administrator however if you're talking about a state governor that laid the policy foundation that has guaranteed the relative wealth of Lagos in comparison to other states then you have to give the man his flowers. All this without prejudice to his current performance as President. OBJ based strictly on economy is Nigeria's best president till date.

You Tinubu fanatics will read a post and then interpret it based on ur own bias.

The discussion yesterday was about who was our favorite governor and president from 1999 till date. I mentioned Fashola as my preferred option for governor and I gave reasons why I believe he is the best governor not not only in Lagos but in Nigeria till date.

At what point did I claim Tinubu was a below average governor ? All I said was that Fashola outperformed Tinubu on all metrics that can be used to measure the performance of a governor from the viewpoint of the people. I mentioned what Fashola administration did in the education and I didn't see anybody dispute it.

At least u can see other posters here picked him as their best governor as well. It is only APC people who worship Tinubu that wants to force us to pick Tinubu as the best governor even when fact says otherwise.

For the umpteenth time, I am not a politician and care less about any political talks like "Tinubu paved the way"," Tinubu is the forerunner ", etc. I'm all about the governor who brought dividends of democracy closest to the people. If u think Tinubu is the best governor since Nigeria gained independence, good for u! If u also think he's the best senator since the first republic, good for u as well.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:56pm On May 29
liveLongNprospa:
BlueRayDick e be like say Ajuri don lie for bayo head.
Tinubu is said to be on his way to National Assembly 😁

Bayo 1 v Ajuri 0 grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:05pm On May 29
Lmao
You won't be missed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:06pm On May 29
State of Gaza on October 6

Israel had no official presence in Gaza, and Gazans could enjoy a beautiful coastline, universities, well-equipped medical facilities, and modern homes. They could cross the border to work in Israel, and if they needed medical care not available in Gaza, an Israeli volunteer would drive them to a first class Israel hospital.

Until Hamas their leaders chose to throw all that -- and them -- under the bus on October 7.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:07pm On May 29
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:07pm On May 29
Olowunl01:

the tourism in lagos is business tourism. businessmen /people coming in for meetings, MOUs, engagements. they are not there for leisure, will usually have mpol and convoy attached to them for the duration of their visit. they will be limited to four star hotels and offices of the partners

leisure tourism, where people come in on their own requires first and foremost SECURITY. how many states in nigeria are on diplomatic warning lists? we have been talking about subsidies on and off. by the fact that tinapa was built by the government, it was a subsidy. and it could unfortunately not stand on its own without government intervention. so any governor after duke, who was not personally invested in tinapa, would come in, look at the numbers and ask why are we doing this? [this assumes they are fiscally literate, because the truth is most governors are interested in their own legacies or monuments)

look at tourists destinations like dubai. they are literally folding themselves into pretzels to accommodate western tourists. are we ready to do this? they banned Nigerians because those robberies will impact on their reputation as a safe haven. meanwhile nigerians see kidnapping of foreigners as a victimless crime. you may have communities conspiring to kidnap any unwitting tourists

and in the end, tourists want what is familiar, their own food, not the cardboard tasting nigerian equivalents that make people who know what teh food should taste like puke

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:09pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:

During Calabar carnival in duke's era all hotels are always fully booked
Be like ibime get beef with duke

ibime is a numbers guy. the question is did they break even, did they make profit, or did they make a loss.
what is the ultimate volume of business versus the investment?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:11pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:
Lmao
You won't be missed

Somehow I read what the gbolo posted before spambot took him out like a Mossad sniper.

He was calling me a psychopath for saying Hamas were using people as human shields, and that human shields only existed after 1967.

That guy is a lunatic.

This is the Secretary General of the UN giving a press conference after October 7 pointing out that Hamas are using Palestinian Civilians as human shields - in his own words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TooMuchTalkTalk: 1:15pm On May 29
TemporaryHansel:
This one google ads don Dey full here.. it seems the money seun has been making from normal ads on his platform is no longer enough?
he use plenty money settle the cloud company that took down his site months ago..

He need the money..

He never still caution mynd444 ..Father Christmas is running riot using multiple monikers to blackmail and troll people with their personal details and mynd444 bans you instead when you report. Robnectar is just returning from a Fatherchristmas inspired ban

They go soon lock the site throway key for lagoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:36pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:
Will this old anthem reduce our suffering

https://www.nairaland.com/8108239/tinubu-signs-bill-returning-old

I don't even get this rubbish.
The old anthem was not written by Nigerians for Nigeria.
It doesn't reflect us.
Okay you want to change anthem, why not throw it open as a competition.

I mean listen to both anthems and there's a difference 😂😂

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:38pm On May 29
TemporaryHansel:
This one google ads don Dey full here.. it seems the money seun has been making from normal ads on his platform is no longer enough?

Adguard subscription on android, ublock on Windows.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 1:38pm On May 29
GloriousGbola:

the tourism in lagos is business tourism. businessmen /people coming in for meetings, MOUs, engagements. they are not there for leisure, will usually have mpol and convoy attached to them for the duration of their visit. they will be limited to four star hotels and offices of the partners

leisure tourism, where people come in on their own requires first and foremost SECURITY. how many states in nigeria are on diplomatic warning lists? we have been talking about subsidies on and off. by the fact that tinapa was built by the government, it was a subsidy. and it could unfortunately not stand on its own without government intervention. so any governor after duke, who was not personally invested in tinapa, would come in, look at the numbers and ask why are we doing this? [this assumes they are fiscally literate, because the truth is most governors are interested in their own legacies or monuments)

look at tourists destinations like dubai. they are literally folding themselves into pretzels to accommodate western tourists. are we ready to do this? they banned Nigerians because those robberies will impact on their reputation as a safe haven. meanwhile nigerians see kidnapping of foreigners as a victimless crime. you may have communities conspiring to kidnap any unwitting tourists

and in the end, tourists want what is familiar, their own food, not the cardboard tasting nigerian equivalents that make people who know what teh food should taste like puke
Chief, Security is outside his purview naa. Also Calabar is much safer than Lagos, and Lagos is safer than JBourg South Africa, abi na Mexico that we have discussed on this pages as go to place, throw Jamaica & Argentina to the mix, so security is relative; with the correct packaging Oyinbo people will come.
Another set that is even richer are the young adults of African heritage raised in the diaspora, these cohort still have more money than sense.
The famed Calabar Girls & Calabar Cuisine already shits on Intercontinental kikikan food, especially now that African food is rightly having it moments.

As per numbers, every business has a gestational period, my argument is if subsequent govt had continued the investment we might have a contender as location for international events similar to what Ghana just started doing with the 'year of the return', even sef Calabar already has a headstart given the successes of the carnival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 1:49pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:

Just the way Taliban have taken over Pakistan and her people are not free especially the females
The Palestine state…. I hope when it finally happens, they won’t be like Afghan or Pakistan.
They should copy the Dubais and Qatar instead of terrorising the world.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:53pm On May 29
obainojazz:
The Palestine state…. I hope when it finally happens, they won’t be like Afghan or Pakistan.

Do Hamas really want a Palestinian state or to wipe off Israel?

Gaza was relinquished to them by Ariel Sharon in 2005, and what did they make of it? They turned it into a launch pad for terror. Israel wont be inside Gaza today if October 7 did not happen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:54pm On May 29
GloriousGbola:

ibime is a numbers guy. the question is did they break even, did they make profit, or did they make a loss.
what is the ultimate volume of business versus the investment?
You are asking the wrong question
Of course the hoteliers will make profit but does government create any amenities or investment for profit?
So far it generate revenue to the state that's a big plus

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 1:54pm On May 29
GloriousGbola:

Adguard subscription on android, ublock on Windows.

Thanks. I’ll do that on my android and pc.
Do you know how I can turn off the ads on iPhone?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:57pm On May 29
nihilistjnr:

Somehow I read what the gbolo posted before spambot took him out like a Mossad sniper.

He was calling me a psychopath for saying Hamas were using people as human shields, and that human shields only existed after 1967.

That guy is a lunatic.

This is the Secretary General of the UN giving a press conference after October 7 pointing out that Hamas are using Palestinian Civilians as human shields - in his own words.
I don't understand why people are supporting these cowards that hide under civilians to strike and run back to the civilians as shield
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:57pm On May 29
TemporaryHansel:

Thanks. I’ll do that on my android and pc.
Do you know how I can turn off the ads on iPhone?
It's your iPhone bro
I get same annoying ads on my iPhone too
I prefer using android or pc instead
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Robnectar(m): 2:00pm On May 29
TooMuchTalkTalk:
he use plenty money settle the cloud company that took down his site months ago..

He need the money..

He never still caution mynd444 ..Father Christmas is running riot using multiple monikers to blackmail and troll people with their personal details and mynd444 bans you instead when you report. Robnectar is just returning from a Fatherchristmas inspired ban

They go soon lock the site throway key for lagoon

Mehn is like all these mod self dey sabotage dis site,... Seun dey sleep gan 🤢
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:00pm On May 29
obainojazz:
They ain't educated, they will rather live in backward days than copying the Saudis, Qatar and UAE
Look at Pakistan, since the Taliban have taken over what major improvement does the country have
No one will want to invest in the country
The poverty rate is higher
All they hope on is insha'Allah and Allah Akbar
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:02pm On May 29
raumdeuter:

Do Hamas really want a Palestinian state or to wipe off Israel?

Gaza was relinquished to them by Ariel Sharon in 2005, and what did they make of it? They turned it into a launch pad for terror. Israel wont be inside Gaza today if October 7 did not happen
They want to wipe off Israel and still want Palestine state
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:06pm On May 29
First off apologies for misinterpreting your assessment of Tinubu's performance to be 'below average' It wasn't directed as a slight or critique against you. I agreed with your assessment of Fashola being better only disagreeing with you about Tinubu's impact on Lagos state long term governance based on the policies and road map he initiated.

My engagement with your post was as an academic exercise not a game of political one up manship so suggesting I'm some 'fanatic' whether you believe me or not is way of the mark.

Whatever my opinions it's left for academics or neutral policy analysts to assess if the points hold any water.

I don't post that often here but there are enough posts to judge if I'm some PBAT 'fanboy'

Unfortunately I find we often engage with people's opinion on here often on perceived political leanings than whether they put out a false argument or not. As if supporting or being a critic of government will save one from consequences of bad government policies.

BlueRayDick:

You Tinubu fanatics will read a post and then interpret it based on ur own bias.

The discussion yesterday was about who was our favorite governor and president from 1999 till date. I mentioned Fashola as my preferred option for governor and I gave reasons why I believe he is the best governor not not only in Lagos but in Nigeria till date.

At what point did I claim Tinubu was a below average governor ? All I said was that Fashola outperformed Tinubu on all metrics that can be used to measure the performance of a governor from the viewpoint of the people. I mentioned what Fashola administration did in the education and I didn't see anybody dispute it.

At least u can see other posters here picked him as their best governor as well. It is only APC people who worship Tinubu that wants to force us to pick Tinubu as the best governor even when fact says otherwise.

For the umpteenth time, I am not a politician and care less about any political talks like "Tinubu paved the way"," Tinubu is the forerunner ", etc. I'm all about the governor who brought dividends of democracy closest to the people. If u think Tinubu is the best governor since Nigeria gained independence, good for u! If u also think he's the best senator since the first republic, good for u as well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 2:10pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:

It's your iPhone bro
I get same annoying ads on my iPhone too
I prefer using android or pc instead

I really hate using iPhone ehn. I only picked up mine yesterday because my android developed fault. The person I sent to fix it is bringing it now, I’ll drop the iPhone again. The iPhone ecosystem is just too strict/closed. You can’t turn off stuffs you don’t want to see, especially ads. Very annoying.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 2:13pm On May 29
iamoyindamola:

They ain't educated, they will rather live in backward days than copying the Saudis, Qatar and UAE
Look at Pakistan, since the Taliban have taken over what major improvement does the country have
No one will want to invest in the country
The poverty rate is higher
All they hope on is insha'Allah and Allah Akbar

Taliban took over Afghanistan, not Pakistan.

Both are useless countries though.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:18pm On May 29
TemporaryHansel:

Taliban took over Afghanistan, not Pakistan.

Both are useless countries though.
Afghanistan jare
Thank you, very confusing Stan countries 🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (4722) (4723) (4724) (4725) (4726) (4727) (4728) ... (5449) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.