Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,438 members, 7,961,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1888659 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (5331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2022
Theflint1:
I didn't say Obi knew of the individual killings that were going on at Azukwu, I said he knew of the River Ezu incident, two different things. Besides, when people are having an issue with a police officer or division, what they do is contact a senior police officer and in this case the most senior police officer in said state would be the commissioner of police. I can't even say with confidence that the commissioner of police knew what was happening at Azukwu SARS before the River Ezu incident, not to mention Peter Obi having knowledge of it.

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

What do u think should’ve been done differently and what did u hope would’ve been the eventual result ?

We dwelt too much on Police Brurality, days after the VP had promised and started acting on the reforms. It now became a case of the Hunter becoming the Hunted.

That would have also been an avenue to demand accountability from office holders. Everybody resides in a ward, in an LGA, in a constituency,
in a state. Instead of walking aimlessly, we could have taken our protests to the abode of our respective office holders and demand better.

Also, it started to turn to a charade. No direction and bearing. Anybody just jumps out, blocks the road, and starts playing music. We started afflicting ourselves and suffering ourselves.

To me, we would have used that opportunity to demand just more than Police reforms, which was already granted even before the protest got halfway

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

grin grin
The man you guys should tie on this stake prepared for Peter Obi is Willie Obiano, the man that not only knew of James Nwafor's crimes, but loved his job so much that he called him out of retirement to be his security.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 7:51am On Oct 21, 2022
From the onset the EndSARS was an Orange Revolution disguised as a protest against police brutality, the wire pullers knew all they were doing all along but unfortunately the general masses were in the dark save for a few. I remember tweeting at the beginning of the protest that I don't trust those who are leading the protest on social media then I was shouted down by some who think I said what I said without insight; then all of a sudden after the 5points raised by the leaders of the protest were agreed upon by the govt, some of the protesters shifted to Buhari must go.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2022
Amoto94:
From the onset the EndSARS was an Orange Revolution disguised as a protest against police brutality, the wire pullers knew all they were doing all along but unfortunately the general masses were in the dark save for a few. I remember tweeting at the beginning of the protest that I don't trust those who are leading the protest on social media then I was shouted down by some who think I said what I said without insight; then all of a sudden after the 5points raised by the leaders of the protest were agreed upon by the govt, some of the protesters shifted to Buhari must go.
I think d "Buhari must go" was a smoke screen by d people in power to justify thier inhumame reprisal...

It was planned and hijacked by "Men in suit"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

We dwelt too much on Police Brurality, days after the VP had promised and started acting on the reforms. It now became a case of the Hunter becoming the Hunted.

That would have also been an avenue to demand accountability from office holders. Everybody resides in a ward, in an LGA, in a constituency,
in a state. Instead of walking aimlessly, we could have taken our protests to the abode of our respective office holders and demand better.

Also, it started to turn to a charade. No direction and bearing. Anybody just jumps out, blocks the road, and starts playing music. We started afflicting ourselves and suffering ourselves.

To me, we would have used that opportunity to demand just more than Police reforms, which was already granted even before the protest got halfway

None of everything u hoped for would’ve yielded any serious result if the protest had died a natural death after Osinbajo promised police reform was being done . Just take a look around , policemen are still protesting as of this year of non payment of salaries ( which is one of the demands of the protesters)

The truth is our politicians who form the government are insincere and the people know this .

Funny enough if the people had taken their grievances to their wards and LGA’s , the representatives would’ve also blamed FG and state government as usual and absolving them of blames . I remember how local government chairman blamed Ambode for bad trunk C roads in their communities. 4 years after Ambode there are still bad roads littered all over LCDA’s in Lagos. I saw one particular road in Ikotun that trended recently , the road was totally cut off . I believe if it was during Ambode he would’ve been blamed for not releasing funds to Lagos state public works and also the LCDA’s to carry out the repairs .

I also felt the protests not having coordinators made it directionless at a point . That’s why I’m not a fan of anything called decentralized in Nigeria, it gives room for charlatans and unscrupulous people to mix with people with good intentions .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

None of everything u hoped for would’ve yielded any serious result if the protest had died a natural death after Osinbajo promised police reform was being done . Just take a look around , policemen are still protesting as of this year of non payment of salaries ( which is one of the demands of the protesters)

The truth is our politicians who form the government are insincere and the people know this .

Funny enough if the people had taken their grievances to their wards and LGA’s , the representatives would’ve also blamed FG and state government as usual and absolving them of blames . I remember how local government chairman blamed Ambode for bad trunk C roads in their communities. 4 years after Ambode there are still bad roads littered all over LCDA’s in Lagos. I saw one particular road in Ikotun that trended recently , the road was totally cut off . I believe if it was during Ambode he would’ve been blamed for not releasing funds to Lagos state public works and also the LCDA’s to carry out the repairs .

I also felt the protests not having coordinators made it directionless at a point . That’s why I’m not a fan of anything called decentralized in Nigeria, it gives room for charlatans and unscrupulous people to mix with people with good intentions .

We had so much on our plates that dwelling on only Police Brutality was just a waste of opportunity.

If Policemen have not been paid for a year, shouldn't they be protesting themselves? Why are they still going to work if they haven't been paid?

We dwelt too long and much on it, whereas we had 99 more problems at hand
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2022
Vacancies
Business Developer
Sales Representative/Marketer
Engineers
Accountant
IT Personnel
Lawyer
https://pinnacleoilandgas.com/vacancies-career-opportunities/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
How to suspend a campaign to visit take campaign to flood victims.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2022
I doubt if we would recover from the devastating effects of the floods this year.

No road to Bayelsa from Delta. The floods have washed the road away

From Lagos, the vehicle drops you at the Delta part of the washed up road. You take a boat to the other side, and take another vehicle to Bayelsa.

This has to be the worst we have had.

God have mercy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

This has been my point from the beginning, but you Obisexuals just have a way to dance round a point before accepting.

Obi definitely knew what was going on, but the grouse here was he did nothing. No complains from him, no summons from him. Nothing.

Maybe he didn't have a hand in any killing, but he did nothing to stop Nwafor from this.

I remember Wike complaining about the high-handedness of F-SARS situated at Omokri, Aluu and still being unable to do anything about it.

I won’t be surprised if Nwafor only reports to a higher authority than the office of the governor.

Sars did extrajudicial killings all the time. Every Friday, you’d hear gunshots if you were close to Omokiri and you just feel your stomach tighten cos you know someone just got wasted. Really grim days menh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2022
DeadPresidents:

I remember Wike complaining about the high-handedness of F-SARS situated at Omokri, Aluu and still being unable to do anything about it.

I won’t be surprised if Nwafor only reports to a higher authority than the office of the governor.

Sars did extrajudicial killings all the time. Every Friday, you’d hear gunshots if you were close to Omokiri and you just feel your stomach tighten cos you know someone just got wasted. Really grim days menh

That right there, is my point all these while.

Wike knew and complained. He couldn't do anything, but he was not ignorant.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:
I doubt if we would recover from the devastating effects of the floods this year.

No road to Bayelsa from Delta. The floods have washed the road away

From Lagos, the vehicle drops you at the Delta part of the washed up road. You take a boat to the other side, and take another vehicle to Bayelsa.

This has to be the worst we have had.

God have mercy

The bigger question is will we learn from this? Or. Will the cycle repeat again. This happened in 2011 or 2013.

I remeber orientatial oil had built a refinery in Anambra I think and it was submerged. I also remember lokoja had the same floods
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The bigger question is will we learn from this? Or. Will the cycle repeat again. This happened in 2011 or 2013.

I remeber orientatial oil had built a refinery in Anambra I think and it was submerged. I also remember lokoja had the same floods

We don't learn anything here oh.

My regrets are just those who will always be victims and can't do anything about it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

We had so much on our plates that dwelling on only Police Brutality was just a waste of opportunity.

If Policemen have not been paid for a year, shouldn't they be protesting themselves? Why are they still going to work if they haven't been paid?

The ENDSARS was just a way of people saying enough. The young bank worker with his cool ride that has been profiled and extorted severally has had enough, The Young tech guy who earns in dollar doing remote jobs online has had enough of harassment, The colleagues of the Remo stars FC captain who was killed by SARS has had enough and then we have the Yahoo boys who are criminals themselves but can't bear criminals in uniform continue to extort them.

To me I believe the police brutality which was the main issue was reduced to a bare minimum, now we see police officers bringing out their cameras to film their encounter with citizens just to prove their innocence incase they are accused of brutality while doing their lawful duty. That in itself is a win.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

The ENDSARS was just a way of people saying enough. The young bank worker with his cool ride that has been profiled and extorted severally has had enough, The Young tech guy who earns in dollar doing remote jobs online has had enough of harassment, The colleagues of the Remo stars FC captain who was killed by SARS has had enough and then we have the Yahoo boys who are criminals themselves but can't bear criminals in uniform continue to extort them.

To me I believe the police brutality which was the main issue was reduced to a bare minimum, now we see police officers bringing out their cameras to film their encounter with citizens just to prove their innocence incase they are accused of brutality while doing their lawful duty. That in itself is a win.

So, we can begin another tomorrow on poor electricity

Then maybe another next year on corruption

Lol. It wont be long before we ourselves become burnt out
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2022
The use of 'massacre' in EndSARS is highly debatable but I can say for sure there were abuses of procedure and civil rights violations. - Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, Labour Party VP Candidate
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:29am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

So, we can begin another tomorrow on poor electricity

Then maybe another next year on corruption

Lol. It wont be long before we ourselves become burnt out

Nigeria has not had stable electricity since independence and nobody has deem it fit to protest it, same with corruption .

The fact that the youth protested against police brutality and they achieved something is commendable . That’s the point .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2022
larride:
Izzou

Here is Tinubu manifesto.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UtMYl9SahIay5-eFhp0u9lWSYs4gxWyJ/view

I haven't read through all the 80 pages, but I'm glad he saved me the stress of looking for Security.

My question is almost the same with what i was going to ask Donjazet, if he had grown some balls and risen above cowardice

Why are we creating more agencies, instead of strengthening the one we have?

BAT talked about having an Anti Terroism Batallion, CIP, Forest guards ... and still increase the personnel of the police and military. Where do we intend to get these funds from?

We already have enough security agencies. More than enough if you ask me. What we need is for them to be strengthened.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2022
Izzou I remember you arguing that it wasn't possible for Flagboi to have been attacked in oshodi..

https://twitter.com/ChudeMedia/status/1583370902548664323?t=BzfW90jIJRAvdZKuL3qAgw&s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

I haven't read through all the 80 pages, but I'm glad he saved me the stress of looking for Security.

My question is almost the same with what i was going to ask Donjazet, if he had grown some balls and risen above cowardice

BAT talked about having an Anti Terroism Batallion, CIP, Forest guards ... and still increase the personnel of the police and military. Where do we intend to get these funds from?

We already have enough security agencies. More than enough if you ask me. What we need is for them to be strengthened.

I guess he wants something you can build from the ground up. Too many of these agencies are fked in and out with agenda everywhere

Also, to take a page from Dayo, the US created new agencies in the wake of September 11.tsa homeland security.

The military is really not equipped for anything other than shooting terrorists.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

Security of life and properties must be crucial to any administration.

The Anti-Terrosim battalion is still going to be drawn from the Armed Forces just like RRS unit was created from the same police force. Those new units will be well equipped and trained on their specified assignments.

I have no issue with the welfare of our security personnel being improved on, what they need to do is to make sure that the Ogas at the top are not the one sitting on the money and chopping it.

Where the money will come from, I seriously do not know.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

Lmaooooooo as at then, what was the one thing alot of youths suffered whenever they stepped out of their homes

Is it today you'll protest and government will promise and fail.
We demanded quick actions from the government.. I mean see how long into the protest it took before the government finally ended Sars.. And still immediately rebranded the same unit into something else.

Abeg
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2022
larride:

The Anti-Terrosim battalion is still going to be drawn from the Armed Forces just like RRS unit was created from the same police force. Those new units will be well equipped and trained on their specified assignments.

I have no issue with the welfare of our security personnel being improved on, what they need to do is to make sure that the Ogas at the top are not the one sitting on the money and chopping it.

Another thing, the actual money that goes into the police force, who be the people wey dey chop am?

When has the police force actually used the actual amount allocated to them?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I guess he wants something you can build from the ground up. Too many of these agencies are fked in and out with agenda everywhere

Also, to take a page from Dayo, the US created new agencies in the wake of September 11.tsa homeland security.

The military is really not equipped for anything other than shooting terrorists.

He did not say he was closing any agency. He said he was adding more. So how can we really fund that?

If the military cannot be equiped for any other thing, while not increase the strength of the police and the others, then use them for other duties?

We have local vigilates. Absorb them into the Police force and post them as forest guards.

My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooooooo as at then, what was the one thing alot of youths suffered whenever they stepped out of their homes

Is it today you'll protest and government will promise and fail.
We demanded quick actions from the government.. I mean see how long into the protest it took before the government finally ended Sars.. And still immediately rebranded the same unit into something else.

Abeg

The government ended Sars before the Lekki shooting happened

Do your findings

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2022
larride:

I guess the fundings are my concerns.

So it does not look like "All talk, no action"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

The government ended Sars before the Lekki shooting happened

Do your findings

How long did it take the government after the protest started before they ended Sars?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

How long did it take the government after the protest started before they ended Sars?

Before Buhari addressed the nation to end the protests, SARS had already been disbanded

You can choose to argue emotionally. It wont change the fact that Osibanjo agreed to the 5 point agenda and disbanded SARS

I no get strength for back and forth, abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2022
Theflint1:
The man you guys should tie on this stake prepared for Peter Obi is Willie Obiano, the man that not only knew of James Nwafor's crimes, but loved his job so much that he called him out of retirement to be his security.

People do look away when it comes to Obiano... Endsarrs protesters in Anambra decided to deal with James Nwafor, to bring him to justice...they marched from Awka to Awkuzu. Next thing we heard is that James is no longer in Nigeria. Same Obiano told the youths that police brutality should end, the youths have the right for peaceful assembly yet JAMEs who was fingered as the chief mastermind escaped justice.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 10:30am On Oct 21, 2022
Lagos and Rivers state are always getting blessed with good and quality Governors.

Different structures to be very honest, one state thrives with Godfatherism effect, while the other doesn’t give a fvck about Godfatherism.

Weird!

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (5331) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: fyinka47(m), yokiti, Roland17(m), LordAdam16, nihilistjnr and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.