Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,449 members, 7,961,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1888957 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (5331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Izzou this is the place I was referring to that day we discussed the flagboi issue . If u notice under that tree beside the broken down BRT ; some agberos are seated and already doing TGIF smoking and drinking .

I couldn’t take a closer picture for security reasons .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
monerozi5590:
@ramdeuter. Our girls just flog ur other girls moment ago. Under 17. Thats by the way.

Ok. I was watching a documentary the other day on DW a wowan telling the black community to patronise only black owned businesses/services and products. Like black people should take their money from white owned banks to black owned banks. Go to black doctors for treatment, buy black made products and all of that. I am shocked things like this is still happening in America.

A black woman in same America was seeking for help on SM that her husband(black) is sick and needs a kidney donor. Guess who called to donate kidney! A white woman did. I am still trying to connect all this. But what is ur take on all of this.

This is why I am against the democratic party use of identity politics. The person who helped the black sick man if he also followed their logic that she will also donate to white people then what happens

Many of the schools Hospitals that was first established in Africa were from donations of people who never got to Africa till they died
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Izzou this is the place I was referring to that day we discussed the flagboi issue . If u notice under that tree beside the broken down BRT ; some agberos are seated and already doing TGIF smoking and drinking .

I couldn’t a closer picture for security reasons .

So you sef dey fear. Talk to Segedinho make him armor you up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

So you sef dey fear. Talk to Segedinho make him armor you up

I am a very reasonable person , I don’t joke with my security and most importantly my life .

I too like my life Abeg.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
OasisX:
grin

Sheikh Charles Ibn Soludo Al-Anambrawy has banned Bet9ja, Naira bet and other gambling services in Anambra but twitter is expectedly quiet because it is not Kano or Ganduje. If it were Kano, the issue would have trended in addition to many twitter space to discuss Islamization.

Copied.

I hope Soludo ain't gonna disappoint some of us that so much believe in his Abilities and Capabilities.

I am a fan of Soludo and I will like to know the reasons for this ban on betting shops cos I am not in support of this
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
Oga ibime can you please explain in local man understanding

Any other person can help Sha, I only know ibime as an economist here.

Tinubu's manifesto

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:
Oga ibime can you please explain in local man understanding

Any other person can help Sha, I only know ibime as an economist here.

Tinubu's manifesto

Infrastructure projects provide jobs and boost the economy

You want to build a road you have the design people, the construction company, the associated sub contractors, the support vendors. That is why all these Chinese loans are fked. Because Chinese lend you money for projects that they wil execute. So you really get nothing. A construction project is supposed to inject cash and boost the economy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

I am a fan of Soludo and I will like to know the reasons for this ban on betting shops cos I am not in support of this

I will say that betting in lagos is out of control and poorly regulated. And predatory. It originally targeted poor but now has everyone in catchment area.

There are now plenty of problem gamblers but no support infrastructure for them.

You can literally find bet9ja opposite some schools.

And people are getting seriously fked over. Esp the youths. Between loans apps and betting apps what is left of their future is being fked over

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Infrastructure projects provide jobs and boost the economy

You want to build a road you have the design people, the construction company, the associated sub contractors, the support vendors. That is why all these Chinese loans are fked. Because Chinese lend you money for projects that they wil execute. So you really get nothing. A construction project is supposed to inject cash and boost the economy

I understand ur own, instead borrowing em money for projects, give em the project to execute.

I dropped this because of what se.un was saying in this tweet.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

I understand ur own, instead borrowing em money for projects, give em the project to execute.

The reason one pursues Foreign direct investment is because among other things, it injects money into the economy. I experienced this live and direct with mtn in the 2000s. They were building switches, regional offices, etc and people got paid. That is one of the ways you build an economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

I dont know what seeun was driving at but when you want to do a project. Its better to get local people involved because of the trickle down effect of the money. Its better for say 10billion to rotate inside Anambra among the people there

Unlike what the Chinese do where even the laborers and food vendors will be imported from China

Thats why all those who even steal money from govt should be made to invest it locally in Nigeria not shipping it abroad creating economy for some people abroad
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2022
OasisX:
grin

Sheikh Charles Ibn Soludo Al-Anambrawy has banned Bet9ja, Naira bet and other gambling services in Anambra but twitter is expectedly quiet because it is not Kano or Ganduje. If it were Kano, the issue would have trended in addition to many twitter space to discuss Islamization.

Copied.

I hope Soludo ain't gonna disappoint some of us that so much believe in his Abilities and Capabilities.
Reaction when Shettima did same years ago

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:
I will say that betting in lagos is out of control and poorly regulated. And predatory. It originally targeted poor but now has everyone in catchment area.
There are now plenty of problem gamblers but no support infrastructure for them.
You can literally find bet9ja opposite some schools.
And people are getting seriously fked over. Esp the youths. Between loans apps and betting apps what is left of their future is being fked over

We can pursue this argument and tag many means of entertainment as fkking people over. He can seek to regulate and clamp down on those betting agents taking advantage of underage or rigging the machines but an adult has a right to fucck his own life over anyhow he wants

If we allow sports betting ban, Soon we can use this same argument for beer parlour, BBNaija, Music industry and our beloved national monuments called Ashii joints. Some of these beer parlors and olosho joints are located opposite schools BBNaija and sexy music videos can be accessed by everyone

emmanuelscott1, izzou nezzjnr and Blueraydick this is an Endsars riot that I will support you on. The day they tried to ban ashana joints

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

I dont know what seeun was driving at but when you want to do a project. Its better to get local people involved because of the trickle down effect of the money. Its better for say 10billion to rotate inside Anambra among the people there

Unlike what the Chinese do where even the laborers and food vendors will be imported from China

Thats why all those who even steal money from govt should be made to invest it locally in Nigeria not shipping it abroad creating economy for some people abroad

The issue is that when you want to get a Chinese loan, one of the conditions is that they would be the ones to execute the project.

So unless Tinubu has another Sweetheart apart from China, the status quo remains the same

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

We can pursue this argument and tag many means of entertainment as fkking people over. He can seek to regulate and clamp down on those betting agents taking advantage of underage or rigging the machines but an adult has a right to fucck his own life over anyhow he wants

If we allow sports betting ban, Soon we can use this same argument for beer parlour, BBNaija, Music industry and our beloved national monuments called Ashii joints. Some of these beer parlors and olosho joints are located opposite schools BBNaija and sexy music videos can be accessed by everyone

emmanuelscott1, izzou nezzjnr and Blueraydick this is an Endsars riot that I will support you on. The day they tried to ban ashana joints

The ban will only affect physical shops

Unless Soludo is willing to do a Stop and Search on people's gadgets, the ban no go anywhere

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

The issue is that when you want to get a Chinese loan, one of the conditions is that they would be the ones to execute the project.

So unless Tinubu has another Sweetheart apart from China, the status quo remains the same

There are negotiating ways you can explore. I will rather pay a higher interest on the loan and allow my people be part of it or seek other lenders. Sukuk dey there na.

If its this I will give you babe and still help you nack her deal wey sod09 dey give then we no want

BTW we can use China expertize at high level in Design and supervision but no be say na dem go even be low level workers Haba. Is it that Nigerians are too dumb to even work as laborers
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

There are negotiating ways you can explore. I will rather pay a higher interest on the loan and allow my people be part of it or seek other lenders. Sukuk dey there na.

If its this I will give you babe and still help you sample her deal wey sod09 dey give then we no want

It has always been there, bros.

Our Rails, Airports, Highways, ...Almost all are done by CCECC

The moment they give you a loan, you are bound to give them back the contract.

Nigerians actually work as labourers, but thats the least of funds we can mostly access

They supply almost everything, and hardly recontract any job to another contractor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

It has always been there, bros.

Our Rails, Airports, Highways, ...Almost all are done by CCECC

The moment they give you a loan, you are bound to give them back the contract.

we can use China expertise at high level in Design and supervision but no be say na dem go even be low level workers Haba. Is it that Nigerians are too dumb to even work as laborers and low level artisans

It can be argued that China wants to ensure that the loans is used for what it was gotten for and to ensure the quality of the job but to mix cement and run cement mixer no suppose hard
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari confers on
Rivers State, Governor Nyesom Wike, the “Distinguished Award in Infrastructure Delivery” at the Nigeria Excellence in Public Service Award.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

I know exactly where you are coming from, but the proliferation of the betting houses is on another level. Nigerians have been drinking, knacking, oloshoing for years, but all this betting is straight up destroying people in ways that shak and toto have not been able to.

It is something you need to see. This is not like Vegas or all those powerball type stuff.

Maybe because it is designed to take your money while giving you enough delusion to come and drop more money. The house always wins. At least for ashawo joint you can bust your nut and have memory to show for it.

All you have for bet9ja is come and drop more money tomorrow
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

we can use China expertise at high level in Design and supervision but no be say na dem go even be low level workers Haba. Is it that Nigerians are too dumb to even work as laborers and low level artisans

If we had our own money, it would make sense.

But as long as you are begging from them, dem go take over.

Those guys are buying up almost everywhere in Ogun state. I dont even know why this isnt making news.

From Ibafo down to Ogere, those guys are buying up hectares upon hectares.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Nigerians do work as laborers and engineers in the projects funded by Chinese loans I can attest to this. But as for percentage and renumeration packages they are low.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

I just did a quick search on the news to find exactly the reason why a governor would ban betting/gambling in a non sharia state and the screenshot below is what I found .

Apparently the state government received complaints from gamblers that the betting companies have not been paying their winnings and some are manipulating their gaming machines .

In my opinion the reasonable thing the state government should’ve done is put up measures that will check activities of the betting/gaming companies , have a state lottery commission that sees to these complaints and have a channel for resolving such issues . Placing total ban on the activities of betting companies in the state makes no economic sense ; considering Soludo himself is an economist

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

Those guys are buying up almost everywhere in Ogun state. I dont even know why this isnt making news.

The difference between China loan and Western loan. Westerners are looking for influence, but Chinese want your actual soul and the souls of your grand children
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I just did a quick search on the news to find exactly the reason why a governor would ban betting/gambling in a non sharia state and the screenshot below is what I found .

Apparently the state government received complaints from gamblers that the betting companies have not been paying their winnings and some are manipulating their gaming machines .

In my opinion the reasonable thing the state government should’ve done is put up measures that will check activities of the betting/gaming companies , have a state lottery commission that sees to these complaints and have a channel for resolving such issues . Placing total ban on the activities of betting companies in the state makes no economic sense ; considering Soludo himself is an economist

You cannot win with these betting companies. The house always wins

This is also why our bet9ja guy entered lasg House of reps. To ensure he can manage the govt oversight
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The difference between China loan and Western loan. Westerners are looking for influence, but Chinese want your actual soul and the souls of your grand children

grin grin grin grin

Its a problem all over Africa.

They are just sharing money and taking a lot of benefits from the people.

The sad part is we are still going to go back, and their doors are always open
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

This makes more sense. Have a commission to look cases of fraud and refusing to pay winnings not banning it totally but in fairness many US states also outlaw gambling
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
BlueRayDick:

If this is the reason, the ban is just to send a strong message.

When dem no see enough contributions this weekend, dem go apologise before WC
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I know exactly where you are coming from, but the proliferation of the betting houses is on another level. Nigerians have been drinking, knacking, oloshoing for years, but all this betting is straight up destroying people in ways that shak and toto have not been able to.

It is something you need to see. This is not like Vegas or all those powerball type stuff.

Maybe because it is designed to take your money while giving you enough delusion to come and drop more money. The house always wins. At least for ashawo joint you can bust your nut and have memory to show for it.

I know gambling and its only slightly behind drugs in its ability to ruin a man but its still legal and there are warnings about the effect plus clamp down on fraudsters

Nothing entices human than using 10 Naira to make 10billion shebi MMM chop and many still dey run currently
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

Like Gbola said, China has their own agenda and its not noble when you look at its details. Chinese are also not very nice people and especially to blacks. We should be wary how we open nyansh to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Betting is not the problem , it’s the get rich syndrome of Nigerians that is . Don’t be deceived betting companies in Nigeria are no different from dem Bet365 , William Hill and other foreign bookies . Whether u are a gambler in Nigeria or the UK it doesn’t matter ; it’s the poverty in Nigeria that makes people think they can win millions with few thousands of naira . Some get lucky like the guy that won 38m with 800 naira recently that trended ; while others are not so lucky.

You can’t blame bet companies for the greed of the gamblers . Nigerians have always believed in miracles and that’s why they will always run into debt thinking they win millions from a game that is decided thousands of miles away

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

I know gambling and its only slightly behind drugs in its ability to ruin a man but its still legal and there are warnings about the effect plus clamp down on fraudsters

Nothing entices human than using 10 Naira to make 10billion shebi MMM chop and many still dey run currently

And government is also doing all they can to ban them, with mixed results.

In obodo oyibo there are help lines and support for problem gamblers. And there is regulation. In naija na oyo. This is why people can make a mega killing. They have rigged the whole thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (5331) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: rooftops and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.