Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,966 members, 7,873,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1601059 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 12:45am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:
If you care to know why Rice is getting expensive, it's because we are moving from consumption to production.

In 2020 we imported 5,050 Metric Tonnes from Thai. It fell by 98.4% to 15 metric tonnes between Jan - July, 2022 as against 957 metric tonnes imported in 2021.

We've got to sacrifice till we get it right. Let's grow what we eat. Let's save Naira, let's save Naija!

http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202022.html
What kind of statement is this… can we even produce enough rice to feed Alimosho local government.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2022
obainojazz:
What kind of statement is this… can we even produce enough rice to feed Alimosho local government.

.... hence we should keep importing rice? Slowly but surely we'll get there. Rice is not the only food we can eat; cassava, garri, ewa and co are there.

By the way, Imota Rice Meal is 98% completed and will begin Operations soon. Its capable of 32 metric tonnes per hour. 768 metric tonnes per day. 20k+ metric tonnes per month - though at full Operations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0sviZ3wgSo

It will be managed by WACOT Rice Limited, a Firm managing another one of biggest rice mills in sub-saharan Africa located in Kebbi - capable of 120k MT per annum.

Kebbi grow rice, Lagos mill and package it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 1:06am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:

.... hence we should keep importing rice? Slowly but surely we'll get there. Rice is not the only food we can eat; cassava, garri, ewa and co are there.

By the way, Imota Rice Meal is 98% completed and will begin Operations soon. Its capable of 32 metric tonnes per hour. 768 metric tonnes per day. 20k+ metric tonnes per month - though at full Operation.

So what’s bad in importing rice… how do you ban rice importation when you currently can’t feed 1/4 of your population.
Next year, the price of petrol will go up and Nigerians will have to pay more for not just food but every other thing.
Any serious country makes food the cheapest, even the west negotiated with Russia to allow grain pass.

Your statement of we should suffer till we get it right is wrong cos when will they get it right… we don’t even have light after all the promises

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:16am On Oct 25, 2022
obainojazz:
So what’s bad in importing rice… how do you ban rice importation when you currently can’t feed 1/4 of your population.
Next year, the price of petrol will go up and Nigerians will have to pay more for not just food but every other thing.
Any serious country makes food the cheapest, even the west negotiated with Russia to allow grain pass.

Your statement of we should suffer till we get it right is wrong cos when will they get it right… we don’t even have light after all the promises

I can't remember saying we should suffer, rather we should sacrifice. Rice importation is not outrightly banned, but Government is cutting it down in phases.

Rice Mills are springing up across Nigeria. Investors are getting attracted to it cos of Government policy on Rice - from just consumption/importation to production/exportation.

we'll have surplus rice to buy at affordable rate soon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2022
grin

Just of recent, Lagosians were tweeting of stable power supply at their various locations, that was before Siemens Transformers are delivered.

Installations are undergoing across the zones. Zungeru Dam is completed and will also add to national grid. Mambilla is ongoing and some other power projects.

https://www.esi-africa.com/industry-sectors/generation/1-3b-hydroelectric-project-in-nigeria-to-be-commissioned-in-phases/

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/mambilla-hydropower-project-nigeria/

You may also want to read about Presidential Power Initiative - Siemens Power Project in Nigeria.

https://new.siemens.com/ng/en/products/energy/topics/presidential-power-initiative-nigeria.html

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:33am On Oct 25, 2022
JUST IN: Scores of Terrorists Killed as Nigerian Military Raids Halilu, #Zamfara Wealthiest Bandit’s Camp. The Battle Damage Assessment revealed the meeting location & the logistic base to be destroyed. Feedback from locals confirmed that several terrorists were neutralized. Similarly, the NAF fighter aircrafts also undertook air interdiction missions in terrorists’ enclaves in Abulum and Njibul both near Sambisa Forest where several terrorists were eliminated while others were injured or seen scampering for safety. PRNigeria reports
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:

By the way, Imota Rice Meal is 98% completed and will begin Operations soon. Its capable of 32 metric tonnes per hour. 768 metric tonnes per day. 20k+ metric tonnes per month - though at full Operations.

It will be managed by WACOT Rice Limited, a Firm managing another one of biggest rice mills in sub-saharan Africa located in Kebbi - capable of 120k MT per annum.

why are you guys hell bent on forcing garri, cassava,agbado on us
If I want to eat rice and rice alone, is that not my choice
I thought it's a joke until it's slowly becoming reality

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:

I can't remember saying we should suffer, rather we should sacrifice. Rice importation is not outrightly banned, but Government is cutting it down in phases.

Rice Mills are springing up across Nigeria. Investors are getting attracted to it cos of Government policy on Rice - from just consumption/importation to production/exportation.

we'll have surplus rice to buy at affordable rate soon.
But that's exactly what you mean when you started substituting other food for rice
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:21am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:

But that's exactly what you mean when you started substituting other food for rice
I gave up myself…. Food that should be the cheapest thing, government use bad policies kill am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2022
If PMB got just one thing right by any %, it’s the shot at resuscitating food production in Nig. Yes the sector still abounds with challenges, but they can vanish in no time if someone even more skillful and willful takes over in 2023.

What’s the agric policy of your candidate? Shakir Akoride

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:11am On Oct 25, 2022
obainojazz:
I gave up myself…. Food that should be the cheapest thing, government use bad policies kill am
Majority of these guys can't survive a month in this country with their suggestions, everything is not by copying stats online
What of the reality, that stupid mannequin closed border for no reason because the locally made rice he expected us to eat are stone infested, I know someone that did surgery to remove lump formed from the stones.
I am sure none of buhari and his family for once eat that locally made rice, all this APC government do is to feed from you and still hold your hand from eating the left over

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PapalsBull(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2022
A40:
I heard a bag of rice is now 45k. APC has really run Nigeria to the brink of collapse

If Nigerians vote that satanic party next year Darfur would be Disneyland compared to Nigeria
I heard people like larride, oasis and co bought theirs 10k just by flashing their apc membership card.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:

ayoola poundo yam moved from 21k to 28k per carton within same time...

give us a quote for it baba...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2022
If you are in Lagos you must have heard of lake rice
We were managing it but then the demand is higher than supply and some assholes will buy all to resell
All of a sudden the rice died a painful death till date we didn't know what happened

https://guardian.ng/features/why-lake-rice-disappeared-from-lagos/

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:
why are you guys hell bent on forcing garri, cassava,agbado on us
If I want to eat rice and rice alone, is that not my choice
I thought it's a joke until it's slowly becoming reality
Yam is another Gold in terms of price now...

The so called local rice is even 40k per bag n their are rumours that they mixed them up,rebags and sell them as foreign

Groundnut or Red oil nko?

I can understand if people wants BAT in maybe for fear of d unknown but supporting this Buhari led administration shows wickedness

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:
We were managing it but then the demand is higher than supply and some assholes will buy all to resell
All of a sudden the rice died a painful death till date we didn't know what happened

Don't be surprised that politicians were d reason behind its demise..

Generator imports is d major reason light issue is not addressed till now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2022
Segedinho:

The so called local rice is even 40k per bag n their are rumours that they mixed them up,rebags and sell them as foreign

I can understand if people wants BAT in maybe for fear of d unknown but supporting this Buhari led administration shows wickedness
IMO
They are the same, tinubu stood behind the mannequin
I can understand the first term but he did the same for second term
And we expect the same tinubu to perform magic with his renewed hope
Lailai

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2022
obainojazz:

While I agree that people should be able to buy and eat whatever they want as long as they can afford it, theres nothing wrong with a protectionist policy if done at the right time.

The problem was that the ban on imported rice should've been gradual. Though the ban has helped farmer greatly and has greatly improved our local production but it's still not yet enough to feed the whole population. Without the ban, the local farmers and investors cant compete with Thai rice because it's cheaper to import it than to produce here so the govt made a decision to protect local farmers from going out of business.

The main reason why price of rice is currently soaring is basically because of Arbitrage.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2022
Segedinho:

Don't be surprised that politicians were d reason behind its demise..

Generator imports is d major reason light issue is not addressed till now
When I read we supply our neighbor countries electricity and they still have better electric supply than us I have given up on that

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:

Lake rice will return when the Imota Mill starts operation.

Lake rice is a partnership between the Lagos State govt and Kebbi State govt. When the Imota mill starts operation, Kebbi State will produce the rice paddy while Lagos will process it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2022
Segedinho:

Like I said in my reply to obiano, the price of rice is currently soaring because of Arbitrage. People are mopping up all the available rice and reselling it at huge profits.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2022
larride:

Lake rice will return when the Imota Mill starts operation.

Lake rice is a partnership between the Lagos State govt and Kebbi State govt. When the Imota mill starts operation, Kebbi State will produce the rice paddy while Lagos will process it.
When exactly?
Also do you think if Ambode is still in power this rice will still be in existence
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:

When I read we supply our neighbor countries electricity and they still have better electric supply than us I have given up on that

What we supply our neighbors is GAS.

And it's important to note that our energy needs are way higher than theirs. Infact we currently generate more energy than our neighbors, it just isn't enough for us as a nation.

(This is not absolving successive govt of their inability to fix the power sector).
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2022
OasisX:
grin

Just of recent, Lagosians were tweeting of stable power supply at their various locations, that was before Siemens Transformers are delivered.

Installations are undergoing across the zones. Zungeru Dam is completed and will also add to national grid. Mambilla is ongoing and some other power projects.

https://www.esi-africa.com/industry-sectors/generation/1-3b-hydroelectric-project-in-nigeria-to-be-commissioned-in-phases/

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/mambilla-hydropower-project-nigeria/

You may also want to read about Presidential Power Initiative - Siemens Power Project in Nigeria.

https://new.siemens.com/ng/en/products/energy/topics/presidential-power-initiative-nigeria.html

When was the apc government supposed to deliver on the initial 7000 MW and then raise it to 15000 MW.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:42am On Oct 25, 2022
larride:

What we supply our neighbors is GAS.

And it's important to note that our energy needs are way higher than theirs. Infact we currently generate more energy than our neighbors, it just isn't enough for us as a nation.

(This is not absolving successive govt of their inability to fix the power sector).
Are you saying we don't supply benin republic electricity
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:44am On Oct 25, 2022
larride:

While I agree that people should be able to buy and eat whatever they want as long as they can afford it, theres nothing wrong with a protectionist policy if done at the right time.

The problem was that the ban on imported rice should've been gradual. Though the ban has helped farmer greatly and has greatly improved our local production but it's still not yet enough to feed the whole population. Without the ban, the local farmers and investors cant compete with Thai rice because it's cheaper to import it than to produce here so the govt made a decision to protect local farmers from going out of business.

The main reason why price of rice is currently soaring is basically because of Arbitrage.

Why must rice production in Nigeria be a determinant for total ban of rice importation..

So you go extreme to protect a policy and then still further throw the nation into chaos.

The borrowers program introduced through cbn can be classified as a failure.. The production still can't feed us..

Now we have food crisis looming to make it all fvckin worse.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2022
larride:

Like I said in my reply to obiano, the price of rice is currently soaring because of Arbitrage. People are mopping up all the available rice and reselling it at huge profits.

When has the price of rice ever not soared

Don't make it sound like its one recent thing that happened...

Your principal fvcked it up with the dead policy..

What's this fantasy about ensuring we eat what we grow? Has that made us richer or poorer since it started?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2022
Raumdeuter blueraydick
Seems babalawos have gone global, I was going through tictok yesterday and I can count atleast 5 of these guys doing live
People will ask for consultation and they will answer, it's like money ritual no fit them or they refuse to donate their mother.

Ebukacute Baba dan step up laslas grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2022
These dirty reasons have regurgitated for the last 4yrs..

They will do this..
It's at 90% completion..

OH when it is completed these things will fall..

Nothing has gone down.. Electricity has always had moments where it gets better and then still crashes.

You have signed deals and yet nobody is seeing the effect of those deals..
You'll still come here to give me excuse I already read in September... And you wonder why people call you guys zombies??

Omo if you don't know stuff, nor dey use loyalty dey make excuse for failures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:

When exactly?
Also do you think if Ambode is still in power this rice will still be in existence

Ambode was the one that started the project and Sanwo-Olu has almost completed it. It's important to remember that Sanwo-Olu was sworn in 2019 and we lost the whole 2020 to Covid.

Operation will most likely start next year as the mill is almost completed.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2022
sod09:

Are you saying we don't supply benin republic electricity

Yes. What we supply them is Gas

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.