Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,316 members, 7,897,455 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. (10735 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Your Genotype Compatible With The Person You're Considering Marrying? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Select(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
creamofluv:

@Mrs.Chima - How reta.rded can you be? You call yourself MrsChima and your profile says Male, what are you? a fecking TVs? I will lay vengeance upon you, ya think am just some dude you can throw your little punch at that won't give you back, I have mouth like basket, I will give you back in 100 folds. You feckin M.oron

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Patsey: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2011
AM LOVING IT. grin grin grin grin grin WE NIGERIANS SPECIALIZE IN WASHING OUR STRIKINGLY DIRTY LINENS NOT JUST IN THE VILLAGE SQUARE BUT RIGHT HERE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB. GO ON NIGERIANS -- THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD. EVEN THE AFGHANS BELIEVE AFGHANISTAN IS  BETTER THAN NIGERIA.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by nanidee2(f): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2011
Please tell them again. Smh.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by tunpiker: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
My lady do ur best as a frnd let pple wag thier mouth, if they belive there is love btw them let them go ahead. see it this way if u are legally married to a man and someone call u and say ur hub said other wise will u keep short? there might be element of truth in what he told ur frnd,shit do happen in niga u no? just watch out 4 her not to do anytin stupid cos of LOVE
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:09am On Jul 29, 2011
creamofluv:

@Mrs.Chima - How reta.rded can you be? You call yourself MrsChima and your profile says Male, what are you? a fecking TVs? I will lay vengeance upon you, ya think am just some dude you can throw your little punch at that won't give you back, I have mouth like basket, I will give you back in 100 folds. You feckin M.oron

Damn, I am popular! I wants to thank my fans AND haters. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

By the way, I am NOT scare of ONLINE threat from a chatter who CALLS HIMSELF CREAM OF LUV lipsrsealed What time is your stripper show at the gay club?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:12am On Jul 29, 2011
nanidee2:

Its amazing how some of the "Nigerian men" on this thread have handled this simple question asked buy someone who's looking out for her friend and have turned it into an insult circus.

Also, I am wondering why the poster is being insulted so much, only because she is trying to get some info. Y'all just make the bad reputation thing sound 110% true. So many insults hurled at her, and I am yet to see one insult or negative comment from her.

You guys should relax. Its geting so irritating with all the continous rants about jealousy and all that.

Fancy giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it.
sad

It is the guilty ones that are ATTACKING HER. I even encouraged them to ACTUALLY read what she said but NOOOOOO she has to be a typical Black American woman who is jealous of her friend shacking with a married man. SMH.

I know damn well EVERY WOMAN WITH SENSE no matter if they are Nigerians, Americans, Chinese, Mexicans, and Jewish will NOT encourage their friend to be with a MARRIED MAN especially when HE STATED he was forced to marry someone to save face. WTF.

Real friends stick up and looks out for their friends. A biatch will sit back and watch.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:16am On Jul 29, 2011
lisasmiles:

@ Mrs.Chima - Thank You I agree the one thing that I did learn from NL, is to KEEP MY PRIVATE LIFE PERSONAL. Thank for the heads up.  Yor are right I pretty MUCH gotten all the answers I needed.
I agree some of the comments from the people were very redundant and repetitive, But I can not change them. 

@For all who gave sound advice. I will take everything with a grain of salt and for my friend well-being I hope all turn out well for her.

Thanks All no more posts from me signing off!!! For the person who said that this sight is not for me. I must say you are right, but I do admire some of the people who give good advice on it.

Good luck my chile!  Just be there for her and lends your shoulder when she needs it.  Wish there were more good friends like you in this world. 

Don't leave here with bad taste in your mouth about Nigerians because of the JACKASSES you had to deal with. There are good Nigerians UNFORTUNATELY you will only meet them OFFLINE and let the guy know that you will keep an eye out but wish them well.

They will need it.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by emmatok(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
There are limits to everything in life so is friendships.

The last thing I will do is to interfere in my friends relationship, neither will I allow them to interfere with mine.

In life people take decisions and make mistakes.

The good thing is to learn from our mistakes.

Since your friend is an adult, I will advice you to limit your attention on her relationship and focus on yours.

I am sure there are other decisions she has taking without your consent so why are you brothered.

If she makes mistakes, it is her problem and not yours

So why take Aspirin over another persons headache.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by nanidee(f): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

It is the guilty ones that are ATTACKING HER. I even encouraged them to ACTUALLY read what she said but NOOOOOO she has to be a typical Black American woman who is jealous of her friend shacking with a married man. SMH.

I know damn well EVERY WOMAN WITH SENSE no matter if they are Nigerians, Americans, Chinese, Mexicans, and Jewish will NOT encourage their friend to be with a MARRIED MAN especially when HE STATED he was forced to marry someone to save face. WTF.

Real friends stick up and looks out for their friends. A biatch will sit back and watch.

Exactly!! When most people get defensive that way, it only goes to show there's something to hide.

At a point, i literally had to go back and read the post again, in order to ensure i did'nt miss something.

Well, well, they have succeded in geting to the poster. Too bad she aint used to the nairaland way of handling issues.

angry angry
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by gabbytabby: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
If you are a good friend you are concerned about the welfare of your friend but most as two faced friends and dont know what loyalty means so will sit back and watch a friend get burned.

Its the world we live in.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 04, 2014
lisasmiles:
I have a friend who has been dating a guy from Nigeria for over 9 months and she has falling in love with him and considering marrying him. He claims that he loves her as well. I see them together and they seem as if they are truly in love. My problem is with their relationship she found out the got married last year to a woman in Nigeria and they have a child together. She asked him about it and he claims that he had to marry her, because her father was the minister in the village and the father wanted to save face, because of his status in the village. She also told me that he said the marriage was not legal; it was just something that they did because she was pregnant at the time. Her guy said that the child lives with his mom and he claims that the only thing that he misses about Nigeria is his child. He claims that the mom is no longer in the child's life, but I personally saw the mom and child pictured together on face book. I tried talking to my friend, but she is convinced that he is telling her the truth. She said that she talked with his mom and brother and they know that they are dating with the intent to get married and neither of them mention anything about the marriage. My question is could this be true as far as the marriage not being legal or is there a Nigerian law that marriages have to be legal? Is there a possibility that his family is in on hiding his secret marriage? She said that he is in America on a student visa and she does not want him to leave, so she is willing to marry him. Please Help Me Help Her,
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by ted1741: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tell your friend to wake up and smell the coffee because a fool at forty is ... (am sure u know the rest).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady’s Can You Wear Nyash Ring?? / This Is What Happens Biologically When A Man Gets Stuck During Sex. / Would You Wish Your Estranged Ex Happy Birthday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.