Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,026 members, 7,928,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:34 AM

Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (31764 Views)

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2011
hmmmmn!!!!!!!!!! dis private universities sef!! d rate @ wich they churn out graduates with 'so called distinction' is alarming!! i'm an engrn student of unilorin and i happen to have a friend frm convenant, studying d same field of engrn wit me. there was a time he showed me one of their exam questions and gosh, i was dumbfounded and stupefied @ how elementary d questions were!!!!i showed him our own exam questions on d same course and he was like; our lecturer told us we were gonna treat dis topics @ Msc level!! i also know of a student dat was rusticated from futminna due to academic inadequacies and started again @ convenant. he is now one of d top students in his department and wen we got talking recently, he was like; 'guy,u dey dull urself for unilorin o!! dem no sabi anytin for hia! dis plc na jst like my secondary school!! person no suppose dey fail for dis kind school. DEM NO DEY SET STUPID QUESTIONS FOR HIA'! i fink a point worth noting is dat d authorities consider d fact dat ts a fee-paying school and they are kinda using d "come to our school and graduate with distintion" ish to entice and attract students to the school. i fink d NUC has to look into this issue. maybe certain rules and guidelines shld be fromulated so as to curb d excesses of schools like dis.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by yesboss20(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
4.99, how? For where? A 4.97/8 is possible but not that. Maka why na C.U!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by 30card(m): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
ok lets congratulate d guy, coongratulations
that been said let me clearify sometin here , do you knw in europe if a goal is scored in england premier league or spanish laliga oritalia serie a is equivalent to @ goals scoered in denmark or greece but that does not make d two goals scored not goals but they are not worth d same valuation , thats is d case of convenant university
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by teekay27(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
Much ado about nothing; the school is second to none in Nija in terms of Quality and standard of education, The guy made it jare,
In 1998 a UNN graduate made 4.96 GPA, people complained so much but he went to Imperial College London and broke a 125 yr record in their Postgraduate school by making an aggregate of 98.9
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hustla(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2011
All ye haters!!!

I graduated with the same set as the said student and from all indications he was really good and worth the hype,a very huble dude, was somefin else on the football field as well as in the classroom.

Well in covenant university,u have lecturers tht r willing to explain things to u if u dnt understand,a veri student friendlsy environ save for rules n all/

i studied mass comm n since inception there has bn only one first class grad. frm the dpt,ppl wl always fail to realize tht n hate on the dude hu had 4.99 cgpa.I mean must Nigerians fink u must kill urself before u gt it??If u v an enabling envrion wif light,deviod of cultists and old,wicked pot-bellied lecturers,the sky z ur limit.I maself graduated wif a 2.2 a CPGPA of about 3.4 and not even one mark was added for me to gt to a 2.1 Cgpa, I do not totally disagree wif a particular poster tho' who said tht CU graduates r nuh readily available for jobs and ish,generally nuh streetwise, well thts true to a certain extent, most r, well lets lv tht fo some oda tym,

i mean look at the west,they encourage learning on the internet,stuffs tht r nuh stressful buh which stl add to ur intellect and overall student results and grades,buh ere in Nigeria,d belief z tht lecturers must collect bribe,be tight fisted n wicked in their markings and refuse to release results and ish, Look at how Nigerians soar wen exposed to good opportunities abroad,
In short,provide a good student from OAU and the oda above mentioned universities wif the same as in CU and watch tht student soar, #OkBye

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by ifefrost(m): 1:25am On Jul 30, 2011
I am a Covenant University Student Now in my Final year majoring in Computer Science and Buisness, and my Industrial Training was done with colleagues from ABU zaria and IMSU and even FUTA but my level of knowledge in computing was regarded as a higher level than my "fellow colleagues" and everything I know I learnt in school. So all you ignorant people that spew rubbish about covenant university without concrete evidence should please politely stop your bandwidth pollution and go find a cliff and do a jimmy jatt (jump off). Cos no player hating would ever make you as good as the "socially inept" covenant university students.(full stop)

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by antitpiah: 4:11am On Jul 30, 2011
ISnt that how Emeagwali bacame the father of the internet too

All these Ibo peeps sha. Couldnt crack secondary school, suddenly he is making First Class in Uni.

Someone is servicing Oyedepo behind closed doors. Maybe Ubong
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by antitpiah: 4:14am On Jul 30, 2011
hustla:

All ye haters!!!

I graduated with the same set as the said student and from all indications he was really good and worth the hype,a very huble dude, was somefin else on the football field as well as in the classroom.

Well in covenant university,u have lecturers tht r willing to explain things to u if u dnt understand,a veri student friendlsy environ save for rules n all/

i studied mass comm n since inception there has bn only one first class grad. frm the dpt,ppl wl always fail to realize tht n hate on the dude hu had 4.99 cgpa.I mean must Nigerians fink u must kill urself before u gt it??If u v an enabling envrion wif light,deviod of cultists and old,wicked pot-bellied lecturers,the sky z your limit.I maself graduated wif a 2.2 a CPGPA of about 3.4 and not even one mark was added for me to gt to a 2.1 Cgpa, I do not totally disagree wif a particular poster tho' who said tht CU graduates r nuh readily available for jobs and ish,generally nuh streetwise, well thts true to a certain extent, most r, well lets lv tht fo some oda tym,

i mean look at the west,they encourage learning on the internet,stuffs tht r nuh stressful buh which stl add to your intellect and overall student results and grades,buh ere in Nigeria,d belief z tht lecturers must collect bribe,be tight fisted n wicked in their markings and refuse to release results and ish, Look at how Nigerians soar wen exposed to good opportunities abroad,
In short,provide a good student from OAU and the oda above mentioned universities wif the same as in CU and watch tht student soar, #OkBye

You have to be from CU, with the way you write, I am shocked you graduated with a 2.2, SERIOUSLY. me thinks, you failed out for real
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by dayokanu(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2011
^^ He would have been denied admission into any real University not those adult creches called Private Universities
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by alphonsok: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2011
there is nothing like a gp of 4.99.the school should be sanctioned by nuc and they should probably come out and tell the whole world how they arrive at this g.p before they bring international disgrace to the educational image of the country.every nairalander that passed thru university should tell us how gp is calculated in their school and if it s possible to have 4.99 as overall gp if you have B grade in one of your case.what happened to that 0.01.it must be as a result of grade lower than A grade.this is absolutely fraud.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by lokobinder: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2011
i agree with some comments about there being no basis for comparison. So many infrastructures and learning aids are unavailable in most state-owned schools. Students have no choice than to learn in abstract instead of hands-on. Universities are supposed to be the cradle of research , development, invention, But the reverse is the case in Nigeria where all that is done is RECYCLING OF KNOWLEDGE (let just one of those critics tell me s/he did not copy/paste someone else's project). What do u expect from students who STAND by the window of an over-crowded class listening to a man deliverying his lecture over a battery-powered megaphone that can barely be heard by ½ of the class. So, why hate someone whose dad could afford a better learning environment? FYI, his dad is also an accountantthat can barely be heard by ½ of the class. So, why hate someone whose dad could afford a better learning environment? FYI, his dad is also an accountant

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hustla(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
antitpiah:

You have to be from CU, with the way you write, I am shocked you graduated with a 2.2, SERIOUSLY. me thinks, you failed out for real

Em bros,tell ur pops to send u to a gud sch instead of tht over crowded dungeon u call a school,

dayokanu:

^^ He would have been denied admission into any real University not those adult creches called Private Universities

As for u, i no get ur tym.Please name the real University u went to tht didnt have strikes and had sensible environment devoid of retards like you<If u cnt afford a private Uni pls stfu,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by DaDoctor: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2011
hustla:

Em bros,tell your pops to send u to a gud sch instead of tht over crowded dungeon u call a school,

As for u, i no get your tym.Please name the real University u went to tht didnt have strikes and had sensible environment devoid of retards like you<If u cnt afford a private Uni pls stfu,

BUT NO LIE OH! NA THE SCHOOL U FILL IN WHEN U WRITE JAMB? TALK TRUE OH!

SEE, OGA! NO MATTER HOW THE PRIVATE UNIS TRY NOW, THEY CANT BE AS EQUIPED AS THE FGH SCHOOLS.

GEOPHYSICS FOR ONE. DOES YOUR SCHOOL OFFER SAME? CAN THEY EVEN AFFORD ONE OF THE EQUIPMENTS AS AT NOW?

PLEASE NO ONE IS SAYING YOUR SO CALLED SCHOOLS ARE WRONG BUT AS A LECTURER AND A DOCTOR, I AM AMAZED AT THE PHANTOM LIES OF A 4.99CGPA. IT IS AN ACADEMIC BLUNDER.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Goldenskin: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
Keep beefing, graduates of the school are being employed all over the world by highly placed organisations.Go to Zenith,GTB,Access or Skye they yapa or is it PWC,KPMG,Ernst and Young and deloitte they boku. Your opinion does not matter but that of the employers and these employers seem to favour them regardless of your opinoin. While u r here debating on how come some of the students finish with good grades they are there securing mouth watering job offers.Shiorrrrrrrr.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hustla(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

SEE, OGA! NO MATTER HOW THE PRIVATE UNIS TRY NOW, THEY CANT BE AS EQUIPED AS THE FGH SCHOOLS.

GEOPHYSICS FOR ONE. DOES YOUR SCHOOL OFFER SAME? CAN THEY EVEN AFFORD ONE OF THE EQUIPMENTS AS AT NOW?

PLEASE NO ONE IS SAYING YOUR SO CALLED SCHOOLS ARE WRONG BUT AS A LECTURER AND A DOCTOR, I AM AMAZED AT THE PHANTOM LIES OF A 4.99CGPA. IT IS AN ACADEMIC BLUNDER.

Nope I chose Igbinideon Uni,Okada (peer pressure) and Unilag (cos ma bro and some frnds were dere and d availability of 'runs' ), Hated on d sch like numerous nlanders do nw,buh it kinda stands out from the rest form ma own POV nw,
And bros where exactly r u going to work wif GeophysicsIm jus asking, and if CU wanted a course lyk tht on its curriculum,equipments r the minutest thing that wl stand in its way,best believe that,

Goldenskin:

Keep beefing, graduates of the school are being employed all over the world by highly placed organisations.Go to Zenith,GTB,Access or Skye they yapa or is it PWC,KPMG,Ernst and Young and deloitte they boku. Your opinion does not matter but that of the employers and these employers seem to favour them regardless of your opinoin. While u r here debating on how come some of the students finish with good grades they are there securing mouth watering job offers.Shiorrrrrrrr.

GBAM, Lobatan!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by lordspiritual(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2011
schools calculate g.p's like this:
A = 5* COURSE CREDIT(1,2,3,4 as the case may be)
B = 4* " "
C = 3* " "
D = 2* " "
F = 0* " "
when this is done , divide the grade point by the credit load offered by the student.
if grade point=150 and credits offered=30 then g.p=150/30= 5.0 (this applies where all courses taken a 3 credit units).

using this standard no matter the credit unit of the course offered all A's and 1B will pull you to between 4.92 to 4.96!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by NoQualms1(f): 1:05am On Aug 02, 2011
lord.spiritual:

B = 4* " "
C = 3* " "
D = 2* " "
F = 0* " "
when this is done , divide the grade point by the credit load offered by the student.
if grade point=150 and credits offered=30 then g.p=150/30= 5.0 (this applies where all courses taken a 3 credit units).

using this standard no matter the credit unit of the course offered all A's and 1B will pull you to between 4.92 to 4.96!!

It's not possible to offer just 30 units throughout his stay in school.

If each semester had a total of 15units, assuming he spent 4years (8 semesters) and at the end of the day he had a 'B' in a 1-unit course then his final cgpa will be

[(119 x 5) + (1 x 4)] ÷ 120

= 599÷120 = 4.991667

Just saying that it's mathematically possible.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by DaDoctor: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2011
hustla:

Nope I chose Igbinideon Uni,Okada (peer pressure) and Unilag (cos ma bro and some frnds were dere and d availability of 'runs' ), Hated on d sch like numerous nlanders do nw,buh it kinda stands out from the rest form ma own POV nw,
And bros where exactly r u going to work wif GeophysicsIm jus asking, and if CU wanted a course lyk tht on its curriculum,equipments r the minutest thing that wl stand in its way,best believe that,

NOTHING MORE FOR YOU. FROM YOUR ABOVE QUOTES YOU ARE A STAUNCH ILLITERATE. WHY A GEOPHYSICIST WILL WORK? YOU BE REAL MUGU. KAI!!!! NAIRALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hustla(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
Na question ooo idiot,
answer am naw,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by sley4life(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ Goldenskin, ure a scum.bag. Its ur folks that are dum.b. private universities suck. Even peeps that came out with a pass in Federal universities would come out with @ least 2.1 in Private universities.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by DaDoctor: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
sley4life:

@ Goldenskin, ure a scum.bag. Its your folks that are dum.b. private universities suck. Even peeps that came out with a pass in Federal universities would come out with @ least 2.1 in Private universities.

I CONCUR!!!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by khufu: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
sley4life:

@ Goldenskin, ure a scum.bag. Its your folks that are dum.b. private universities suck. Even peeps that came out with a pass in Federal universities would come out with @ least 2.1 in Private universities.

GBAM!

Da Doctor:

I CONCUR!!!!

Thirded! grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by hustla(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
sley4life:

see enemies oo!!c as spit full errwia, hahan naw, ma guy,relax! grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by laurynP: 1:04am On Nov 11, 2011
lol, he got a 4.99 cgpa but failed his job interview, cry cry
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by santelcomm: 11:41am On Apr 03, 2012
victor ubong got a 4.99 cgpa.hes also a man of God.. if u cant make it, doesn't mean others cant. when u suceed in life d truth is not everybody is happy.your hating wont change d fact that he's made it. so sorry guys.tongue...
congrats again victor u r a role model cheesy.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by santelcomm: 9:16am On May 30, 2012
so all ye moshoodites(mauies)just calm down ur turn will come...ve faith.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by ojeztolu: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
mark_jac01: its mathematically eazier to get a GPA of 5.0 than to get 4.99!
d murdaphucka is a cheat and the skool's VC's a clown!
final verdict : 4.99 GPA is mathematically impossible!

It is CGPA(Cumulative Grade Point Average) not GPA(grade Point Average)!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by jonrapsody: 4:20am On Jul 01, 2012
So...
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Promxy94(m): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2012
Da Doctor:

please even if u people say our fed & stat unis are craps,there are some courses they do u priv unis dunt do,for example The Rivers state University of science and Technology,is the only 9ja uni that offer Marine Eng,u need to c their deptmtal lab,itz worth it,the students go on excursion to d Rives and even travel out of d country sumtyms individualy to practise. More kudos to the government of Rivers state
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by OkaiCorne(m): 5:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
breaking news, victor ubong clears ICAN papers in one sitting! He's now a chartered accountant!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by rudepen(m): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
aint surprised though....sheybe na CU....if she barge first-class for laspotech....I'd drop out....
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by mojeed4(m): 7:03am On Mar 17, 2016
lordspiritual:
B = 4* " "
C = 3* " "
D = 2* " "
F = 0* " "

Na only one semester una dey do for una own uni? #ominiknowest

Go get the difference between GPA and CGPA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Missing Dipo Fasina Has Been Found / GWR: Subair Enitan Starts 50-Hour Hand Wash-A-Thon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.