Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,065 members, 7,928,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:44 AM

Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (31765 Views)

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Goldenskin: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2011
Pro01 and Sley4life are u so dumb that you can't do a simple mathematical calculation? Out of 1263 graduates 89 with first class ,663 with 2;1 and 449 with 2:2. Does this add up to the total figure don't you realise the balance goes for the dudes with third class?? That's exactly why you are still in the labour market frustrated and pouring out your anger on private universities as if they are responsible for your predicament.

Trust me I attended ICAN classes with these chaps and quite a number of them are very good and already chartered. Go to any of the big 4 auditing firms known for objectivity and equality in their recruitment process and you will see a lot of these chaps from private universities.

They are good because they have an enabling environment, critics DEAL WITH IT.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by lexydoh(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
Pls let d student come to ladoke akintola university of technology ogbomoso i can bet it the student is going to graduate with 2-2 second class lower
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
Caution should be taken in interpreting this o! Many things happen and the report said that this guy was cramming and cheating in secondary school, so any sin thing could have happened. Lets wait for him to go out and prove it!

Prove what? Is he going to propound a new accounting theory? A good 2.2 graduate can work effectively in any organisation or accounting firm, after all he will still be trained for the job despite his first class.Regarding ICAN or Acca, am sure he will pass convincingly well. Econs and Law graduates win prizes in Ican not to talk of a first class grad of Accounting.

Una think say to make first class, no matter the means, is beans.

The only shortcoming i perceive is that this guy may not be versatile enough typical of first class grads.But when it comes to accounting will won't fumble.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2011
Prove what? Is he going to propound a new accounting theory? A good 2.2 graduate can work effectively in any organisation or accounting firm, after all he will still be trained for the job despite his first class.Regarding ICAN or Acca, am sure he will pass convincingly well. Econs and Law graduates win prizes in Ican not to talk of a first class grad of Accounting.

Una think say to make first class, no matter the means, is beans.

The only shortcoming i perceive is that this guy may not be versatile enough typical of first class grads.But when it comes to accounting he won't fumble.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by NoQualms1(f): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
Congrats to the guy joor.

To those saying a cgpa of 4.99 is mathematically impossible, you are wrong. It is very much possible. The guy had only a 'B' in a 1-unit course throughout. And if you calculate that, his cgpa will equal 4.99

I think it's the enabling environment that allowed that sha but still, Congrats to the guy joor.

To those saying a cgpa of 4.99 is mathematically impossible, you are wrong. It is very much possible. The guy had only a 'B' in a 1-unit course throughout. And if you calculate that, his cgpa will equal 4.99

I think it's the enabling environment that allowed that sha but still,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bountimore: 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
We go school now abeg!, Going by the way I was thought how to calculate CGPA, and how many other schools do it, mathematicall a CGPA of 4.99 is impossible!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
We go school now abeg!, Going by the way I was thought how to calculate CGPA, and how many other schools do it, mathematicall a CGPA of 4.99 is impossible!

Close your mouth. U no go sch sef. It is highly possible to get a CGPA of 4.99/5
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bountimore: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
@chamber2

I know u don't wanna breed insults here, abi which one be 'close ur mouth'.? Simply make ur point if u want to please! Dickhead!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by meine: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
Wonder if he can repeat thesame feat in Lag, ABU, OAU, Ibadan and even ordinary federal poly,Ado
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2011
@bountimore

This is how GPAs are calculated in most Nigerian schools;

1 unit=6 points
2units=10points
3units=15 points

An A=70%.So, someone who made 90% in a course and his mate who made 70% will be in the same grade of A.

So, if you make an A in a one unit course you get 6 points and so on.

Assuming this guy took 50 courses and made 49 As and a B, then there is possibility that he may graduate with a CGPA of 4.99

------------------------------------------------------------

Always make your research or read previous comments before you come to a public forum to write rubbish.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bobbyL(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
All of you shouting about ICAN should kindly calm down. I have a friend studying comp.tech who blivs ICAN is not hard or better still is easy. Why? B'cos he has a sister I believe he doesn't regard as brilliant who graduated from a private uni(not C.U) with a 2'1 and aced ICAN once. So, why all the fuss?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Abuloma80(f): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
@~Bluetooth (m)

If this is coming from a federal university,I'd have appreciated it but from a naija private university ? Huh I'm speechless even Igbinedion university that started first had seen courses like medicine not being accredited by NUC due to poor infastructures.Btw,How come private universities don't make the list of best Nigeria  universities ?

For once am agreeing with you bros grin
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bountimore: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
@chamber2

Ok, oga thx for enlightening me!, shotan? Atleast u can stop the insult nw?
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
Ok, oga thx for enlightening me!, shotan? Atleast u can stop the insult nw?

Apologies,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bountimore: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
@chamber2

Its ok, your welcome!, I still have my points n explanations as per calculating the CGPA though,but imma keep em to myself now.

Nice nyt to u bro, Cheers!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by emmatok(m): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
If the current students from Federal Universities are exposed to the superior facility and lecturing found at CU, they will produce more First Graduates than CU.

The UI,UNN, OAU, UNILAG of the 80s are better than any University now.

But these schools don't lecture(UI,UNN, OAU, UNILAG ) any more, instead they intimidate students with failure.

Private Universities are the why to go for now.

Federal Universities failed us big time.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2011
I ALSO DONT THINK THAT CGPA IS POSSIBLE. I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL(2ND YEAR) AS AN ACCOUNTING STUDENT WHO OFFERED 9 COURSES,IN FIRST SEMESTER I MADE 3.97(ON 4.00 GRADE SYSTEM) JUST BECAUSE I MADE B IN JUST A COURSE(2 UNIT)

FOR THIS GUY TO MAKE 4.99,HE MUST HAVE MADE B IN JUST A UNIT COURSE OR ZERO UNIT COURSE FOR 8 SEMESTER. AM NOT SURE THE CALCULATION IS RIGHT
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by DICKtator: 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
Pls y'all should know that there is nothing like E in CU when they grade so it is A,B,C,D-F; a friend of mine attended the skul n i have their handbook where this is stated.Besides in an enabling environment devoid of strikes,frequent cultist clashes,no-light palaver and other ills of the society-y not?THIS IS def. possible but like what some of u rightly said, one of the major probs is lifematics (street-smart) which i'm sure majority would lack .congrats to the boy( did i hear u say 20yrs old? cool cool cool cool)
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by God2man(m): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
Black man mentality. The white man will cherish and appreciate their people who have dinstinguish themselves in their various fields. The black man will pull them down. The black man will remove the ladder of success to the top. Here, in africa, we kill our breadwinners, we cast down our genius, while the mediocre are left to take decisions for us. That is why the rate of mortality is very high, here, infact, death is doing overtime. We need to change our attitude. If we see any young boy that seems to be sharp with electronics equipment, if he does not have the means of going to university, let us help him, he could be the next Bill gate.God bless you. God2man. od2man.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by netghost: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2011
Abuloma80:

@~Bluetooth (m)

[b]If this is coming from a federal university,I'd have appreciated it but from a naija private university ?
Huh I'm speechless even Igbinedion university that started first had seen courses like medicine not being accredited by NUC due to poor infastructures.Btw,How come private universities don't make the list of best Nigeria  universities ?
[/b]

For once am agreeing with you bros grin

M.O.R.O.N.S
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by semid4lyfe(m): 12:20am On Jul 28, 2011
It's not about the Private university vs Federal University thing or the ''enabling environment'' angle wey some people dey talk. It's just that mathematically, a CGPA of 4.99 is impossible.

Do the maths. . . .If the guy had gotten A's in all his courses in the 4 years (8 semesters) he'd have gotten a perfect CGPA of 5.0 which is very possible. If he had gotten even a B in a 2 unit course (which is the lowest unit a course), he'd have fallen below 4.99.

It'd have been better for CU to give the guy a perfect CGPA of 5.0 than this 4.99 which stinks more than a dead rat
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by fxtopedia(m): 2:33am On Jul 28, 2011
I laugh in Boko-Haram and MEND!
4.99/5? Roflmao
CU should give this guy scholarship for ICAN, and let him compete with others,

To calculate this grade is easy but to achieve this is,
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by dayokanu(m): 4:53am On Jul 28, 2011
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by UpDates1(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2011
i keep laughing, but am sure its not entirely legit or even if it is, the school but be so dull, anyway, na private sha
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by dramenda(f): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2011
Big de
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by OkaiCorne(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2011
Please all ye beefers, don't be vexed with this feat, as a matter of fact, this guy is my very course mate, and I'll tell you that his intelligence is not normal. Mind u he said he struggled in secondary school but he was only trying to be humble, he only struggled in his S.S.1, DO UR RESEARCH, HE GRADUATED WITH 5 A'S in his Senior WAEC. And as for those of you that feel that C.U. is easy, send ur relatives or come yourself and study and see wat u graduate with!!!!!!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by bioscom(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2011
It is good that a 4.99 CGPA is coming out of a Nigerian University, but the issue is that, apart from the fact that 4.99 CGPA might probably not be possible, there should be a benchmark for rating these students.
1. The kind of lecturers that are teaching these students, what do they have, I mean what is there academic standard.
2. What is the standard of there exam questions. Do they give the students the assignment questions as the exam questions
3. The kind of exam questions, are they mean to apply knowledge gained in the class or they are just direct questions. Because in school like OAU, exam questions are application of knowledge. There are no direct, from textbook to exam paper, questions. You will have to think right there in the exam hall what you were thought in the class and apply it.

I think the management of the school needs to review the academic standard of the University. Because to me it is like making parents to be happy for the money they are paying to the school. Also to impress other parents to bring their children.

Moreso, the students being turned out of the university are not matured at all, they are mummy's kids. They are just academically okay but are totally inexperienced fellow.
I believe the management needs to review their strict rules on these people and give them certain freedom to express themselves, they are just dummys.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by ponana(m): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2011
Firstly, I am happy for the guy, congratulations
Secondly, This happened in Unaab in 1991 and person happens to be the best graduating student ever and currently a Lecturer in the school
Thirdly, its a CU naw, Private school ha ha han, if dem no get am for there with all the money wey dem dey pay, where dey one kan get that kin GPA

N.B No beef attached ooooooooooooo
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by BabaO2: 9:00am On Jul 28, 2011
Close your mouth. U no go sch sef. It is highly possible to get a CGPA of 4.99/5
it you that must close your mouth, it is not possible. People talking dont know what it takes to calculate CGPA. To make 4.99, you have to be returning GPA between 4.99/5 and 5/5 every year from year 1 to final year. All these mushroom universities are the problem of Nigeria Education and job difficulties.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by BabaO2: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2011
Firstly, I am happy for the guy, congratulations
Secondly, This happened in Unaab in 1991 and person happens to be the best graduating student ever and currently a Lecturer in the school
Thirdly, its a CU naw, Private school ha ha han, if dem no get am for there with all the money wey dem dey pay, where dey one kan get that kin GPA

N.B  No beef attached ooooooooooooo
Be sure of what you are saying, i think UNAAB was affiliated to Unilag up to 1991. Who is the Lecturer?, I know all of them there, couple of them are lecturing both at UNAAB and partime lecturer at  Babcock.
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by DaDoctor: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2011
^^20 YEARS_ Tot JAMB STATED ENTRY LEVEL TO BE 18 YEARS?^^

^^COVENANT UNIVERSITY? NOT EVEN A GOOD ONE TO SAY^^

GENERALLY, WHAT DO U EXPECT? THEY PAY MUCH AND DESERVE TO BE CONPENSATED NAH!

ANYWAY, THE DUDE SHUD BE VERY EXCEPTIONAL TOO TO HAVE GOT THAT AMIDST ALL THE ANTICIPATED ADDITIONS JUST TO BRING THE SCHOOL TO THE RECORD FORE FRONT

MY TAKE!!! LET HIM MOVE TO LASU OR KOGI STATE UNI (NOT EVEN HIGHER SCHOOLS!!! ) HE WOULD MAKE NOTHING HIGHER THAN 4.0 OF 5 POINT GP!!
Re: Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA by chamber2(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2011
it you that must close your mouth, it is not possible. People talking dont know what it takes to calculate CGPA. To make 4.99, you have to be returning GPA between 4.99/5 and 5/5 every year from year 1 to final year. All these mushroom universities are the problem of Nigeria Education and job difficulties.

I doubt if you really know how CGPAs are calculated in most Nigerian universities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Dipo Fasina Has Been Found / GWR: Subair Enitan Starts 50-Hour Hand Wash-A-Thon (Photos) / Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.