Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,428 members, 7,891,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:58 PM

Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! (6011 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note / Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by enyojo(f): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
I just finished watching the explanation to Non-Interest Banking which Sanusi gave before the House on AIT.
I can't help but pray he becomes the next President!!

This guy is more Christianic than Islamic!
From all he outlined, he is a VERY pragmatic, neutral, and forthright than any CBN Gov b4 him.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by enyojo(f): 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2011
According to him, the original Guideline on Islamic Banking authored by Prof Chukuma Christian Soludo defined Non-Interest bank as any bank that trades, carries out commercial activities in line with Islamic principles'. This definition blocked out other Faiths and people from doing Non-interest banking services. His own Guideline did not streamline it to any religion or Belief.

Secondly, Soludo's document contained about 35 mention of 'Sharia'. Sanusi said dat even in d Quaran, Sharia was mentioned just once! So he deleted all the mention of Sharia in the New CBN guidelines on Non-Interest banking. You can download the PDF on CBN website pls.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by namfav(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
i also pray he is pres one day, he makes me proud to be nigerian
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am surprised at your comments coming from YOU. I see you as one of the few really sharp honest and intelligent posters who see things from an all-inclusive framework on NL and so the above comes as a surprise.

Leaders see past emotion, past foibles BUT also have to carry others along. What this dude displayed is just a gift of garb and he doesn't come close to Adolph Hitler who was (?) great, ?

1. Anambra has officially called him a liar who misrepresented facts (whether beneficial or not, why did he lie?) over this issue. Lying (a forked tongue) subtracts from his CV

2. Three (3) windows exist in NIB - why not give a blanket license knowing Jaiz owners can then decide not to support "pork" or "alchohol"? Why heat up Nigeria over a name?

3. Do true leaders damn their "lesser-brained" society? Insisting this is occasioned by global realities knowing this could cause another religious pogrom is NOT the sign of a true leader of men (except you see such as Hitler as leaders).

Its alright though - you still have a fan in me. Nobody could expect you to be perfect
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by enyojo(f): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nuclearboy, I dont really get u.
Have you listened to this Sanusi Guy discuss this issue of non-interest banking?
If not please do. I think they will repeat it around 5pm tomorrow on AIT.

Lets not form our judgements on KNOWN analysis but seek to KNOW from the actual sources.
In the discussion, sanusi said Anambra state is the first state to apply to Islamic Development Bank since Obasanjo's administration increased Nigerian stake at that bank.
I think as a tested CBN Governor, Sanusi is in d best position to know that and he doesnt speak without facts and figures
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by enyojo(f): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
Moreover, it was a blanket licence the CBN gave. Its just that since we Christians do not have a well-structured Banking system, we simply adopted the Oyibo method. So if CAN comes up with a christian model of Banking today, CBN won't hesitate to create a framework for its operation
Pls download the guidelines on their site. Thank u.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by PhysicsQED(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
Sanusi is always impressive when he talks. He went to the U.S. and he impressed the hell out of those he met with. Despite how sharp he is in verbal intelligence, the only issue is whether his decisions with respect to the Nigerian economy and polity are really wise. Wasn't he even suggesting that the CBN invest in hotels or agriculture (or something like that) a while back ?

Concerning him becoming the next president, the man is clearly a bigot. There's no way he'd win votes outside of the north and he'd probably even have some difficulty in the Middle Belt, where he might be seen as a (core) Northern supremacist.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Frazy(f): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^^
PhysicsQED:

Sanusi is always impressive when he talks. He went to the U.S. and he impressed the hell out of those he met with. Despite how sharp he is in verbal intelligence, the only issue is whether his decisions with respect to the Nigerian economy and polity are really wise. Wasn't he even suggesting that the CBN invest in hotels or agriculture (or something like that) a while back ?

Concerning him becoming the next president, the man is clearly a bigot. There's no way he'd win votes outside of the north and he'd probably even have some difficulty in the Middle Belt, where he might be seen as a (core) Northern supremacist.

Well said uncle.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2011
enyojo:

I just finished watching the explanation to Non-Interest Banking which Sanusi gave before the House on AIT.

This guy is more Christianic than Islamic!
From all he outlined, he is a VERY pragmatic, neutral, and forthright than any CBN Gov b4 him.

Don't be naive. Why are you so orga.smic about Sanusi?

What you saw was a monologue

Did anyone question Sanusi?

Did anyone challenge his arguments in the Senate?

Were alternate opposing views heard on the day he went to the Senate?

Is that what you see on your DSTV when you watch other democracies debate in Parliament and in their Senate. I bet you have DSTV at home.

Quit celebrating nonsense!!

I'm ashamed you watch that monologue and did not make a post about how the FOOOOOLS in your senate kept quiet like DUMMIES till Sanusi left, what about their oversight duties?

There may be nothing wrong with Sanusi, but there is a lot wrong with you and anyone who will give a public official so much praise when his ideas have not been formally tested or challenged by equally competent folks.

At the least, your are guilty of celebrating mediocrity.

Ask Sanusi to come on Nairaland and debate Okada_man or meet me on Skype, we can broadcast it live online.

I will like him to tell me why he thinks it's reasonable for a CBN Governor to be the champion and public face of Islamic banking in a religiously volatile nation like Nigeria.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by hercules07: 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2011
Enyo,

A lot of people down south have made up their minds on Sanusi, nothing you say will make them change it, if all these policies were being done by a southerner, he will be hailed to high heavens, I just like Sanusi because he is not afraid to leave the job.
Soludo mentioned Shariah more than twenty times yet no one is shouting about that, Sanusi is implementing policies people are shouting, El Rufai once said if he is given the reins of Lagos, even omo oniles will not be able to live in the state.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
Well said Okada_man.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by jmaine: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
enyojo:

[s]In the discussion, sanusi said Anambra state is the first state to apply to Islamic Development Bank since Obasanjo's administration increased Nigerian stake at that bank.[/s]
I think as a tested CBN Governor, Sanusi is in d best position to know that and he doesnt speak without facts and figures

Haven't you been listening to the news this days . . .Anambra debunked Sanusi for twisting fact to suit himself . . .
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
enyojo:

[b]In the discussion, sanusi said Anambra state is the first state to apply to Islamic Development Bank since Obasanjo's administration increased Nigerian stake at that bank.[/b]I think as a tested CBN Governor, Sanusi is in d best position to know that and he doesnt speak without facts and figures

Quit the tomfoolery.

So, if I elect you to represent me in the Senate na so you go open mouth for flies because one man con speak good engriiish for your office?

You go come loose all sense, you go fail to question the executive like the same DOOFUSES in the Senate did?

Very shameful.

Read this:

[b]Abuja — Anambra State government has denied any relationship with an Islamic bank as claimed by governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mr Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, while defending the proposed Islamic bank financial policy before members of the House of Representatives last Thursday.

Mrs. Uche Ekwunife, representing Awka/ Dunukofia in Anambra State, yesterday, presented a letter by Anambra State government denying ever transacting any business with an Islamic bank.[/[/b]quote]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107270977.html
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by jmaine: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
Okada man abeg take am easy with am cheesy . .she just got carried away undecided . . . . .
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by 9javoice1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
One mistake this sanusi keep making is trying to use soludo's name always in his debate.
I tot he says that soludo is a failure,so why is he using his name at will.
He want soludo to come out and deny his ascersion then he will go bak
and tell his aboki brother's that his failure is lack of suport from soludo.
if he is sure of his vision why not stick in his work why soludo this and that.
Any such nonsense bank named jiaz at anambra shall be raised down after the next one week.
Why is it sanusi championing islamic banking.this man is even silly,can't he play his politics well,
just employ another man to champion it and work underneat. what can of man is this. so arogant and boastful.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by 9javoice1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
Abuja — Anambra State government has denied any relationship with an Islamic bank as claimed by governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mr Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, while defending the proposed Islamic bank financial policy before members of the House of Representatives last Thursday.

Mrs. Uche Ekwunife, representing Awka/ Dunukofia in Anambra State, yesterday, presented a letter by Anambra State government denying ever transacting any business with an Islamic bank.[quote][/quote]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107270977.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is what sanusi is all about then the man is a big liar. infact all his point about soludo is a lie and falls.
Can any sensible muslim in nigeria tell this man to quit championing islamic banking and remain CBN governor that he is.
let other do that job.or else he quit CBN job and become jiaz bank md.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Chintua: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
He makes me proud too!
Always believed Northerners are a better breed of Nigerians,
Even at their worst.
I prefer doing business with them. kiss
Funny, I lamented when Soludo was replaced by Sanusi.

I am now glad Sanusi prevailed.

What a fine gentleman.
Very polished.

kiss
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2011
jmaine:

Okada man abeg take am easy with am cheesy . .she just got carried away undecided . . . . .

Ok. I don hear. I sure say na fine gal she be. She just vex me small.

Anyway make I go find passengers. .
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by jmaine: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
okada_man:

Ok. I don hear. I sure say na fine gal she be. She just vex me small.

Anyway make I go find passengers. .

No go carry ritualist oo   tongue !! Safety always abeg  cheesy
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by friedrice1: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am baffled. let me ask this Over-intelligent Nairalanders, especially the Okada rider,
If you were there as a representative what questions would you have posed especially as it concerns Islamic Banking
after all the explanations he gave and points raised.
I also watched the bunch of House members making a fuss about not given the opportunity to ask questions and was appalled
Rep. Ekwunife went ahead asking why the name cannot be changed from Islamic banking to something else
Sanusi didn't avoid any questions, he wasn't just allowed to take any question by the elected House leadership.

About Anambra State denying anything, So you believe Sanusi just picked on only Anambra of all States to buttress a a point,
You just believe a Denial coming from a goofy Peter Obi and his girlfriend Ekwunife.?*SMH*
dont forget Sanusi has on several occasions stuck to his guns even in the face of threats from the Senate and presidency.
He even swore on National TV to resign his position once if the senate would prove he was fabricating figures.
Lets not be sentimental about this, Sanusi is one of the best minds this country has to offer, we cant take that away from him,
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
@enyojo:

I'm glad others have come here to show you how believable you should find Sanusi.

Granted - he is gifted of garb and quite intelligent but this time, the bigotry made him lie to support his assertions and truth has found him out.

I personally like the idea of non-interest banking and will gladly use Jaiz Bank if offered the opportunity. But it is wrong and smacks of insincerity and a hidden agenda to lie, twist facts and railroad people using oratory prowess.

Which is why I mentioned Hitler.

Don't take the harsh comments above to heart - we all learn more daily
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by gists: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
fried-rice:

I am baffled. let me ask this Over-intelligent Nairalanders, especially the Okada rider,
If you were there as a representative what questions would you have posed especially as it concerns Islamic Banking
after all the explanations he gave and points raised.
I also watched the bunch of House members making a fuss about not given the opportunity to ask questions and was appalled
Rep. Ekwunife went ahead asking why the name cannot be changed from Islamic banking to something else  
Sanusi didn't avoid any questions, he wasn't just allowed to take any question by the elected House leadership.

About Anambra State denying anything, So you believe Sanusi just  picked on only Anambra of all States to buttress a a point,
You just believe a Denial coming from a goofy Peter Obi and his girlfriend Ekwunife.?*SMH*
dont forget Sanusi has on several occasions stuck to his guns even in the face of threats from the Senate and presidency.
He even swore on National TV to resign his position once if the senate would prove he was fabricating figures.
Lets not be sentimental about this, Sanusi is one of the best minds this country has to offer, we cant take that away from him, [/b]

Story, story. . .
Nothing that you will say that will make religious bigots on nairaland change their minds. They have made up their minds to reject everything that has anything to do with Islam even if it is beneficial, no matter the amount of facts, how intelligently it is presented. Not to long ago many of this same hypocrites showed applauds on SLS for speaking the truth against all odd as regards senate. The then truth-speaking SLS is now an anti-christ and bigot just because the policy he is trying to reopen is islamic (which is supposed to benefit ordinary Nigerian). I just dey laff at the level of hypocrisy being demonstrated by southerners. Sadly, we don't seem to have learnt from our past mistake. The same hypocrisy and religious sentiments produced non-performing gej who has just shown us that he is more interested in tenure elongation to the detriment of national security. This is what we will live with it for the next 4yrs (or possibly 8yrs)
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
Chairman Gists:

My posts will show I supported Buhari and still believe he'd have been better.

The problem with Sanusi is the lies and not the idea - they force upon us the questions of his sincerity. Once a man discredits himself, all he says will be suspect.

I am not complaining about Islamic banking but Sanusi's character which Enyojo felt deserving of the presidency.

We've had enough of manipulators
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
fried-rice:

If you were there as a representative[b] what questions would you have posed especially as it concerns Islamic Banking[/b]

Did you not read my invitation to Sanusi?

Are you Sanusi? add me to your skype, username = okada_man

I will stream our debate live online and put a link on Nairaland, I go chop you like fried rice and isi-ewu

If you are not Sanusi, may thunder fire your keyboard for wasting my time. angry
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^ this is the kind thaat makes me proud to be Nigerian - a vexed self secure Guy cheesy
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Jarus(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2011
Even oyınbo professıonals cant help rısıng for Sanusı when he addressed them, not to talk of NASS that Sanusı has dazed at least 3 tımes ın the past:

http://www.proshareng.com/articles/2264
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2011
Jarus:

Even oyınbo professıonals cant help rısıng for Sanusı when he addressed them, not to talk of NASS that Sanusı has dazed at least 3 tımes ın the past:

http://www.proshareng.com/articles/2264

The same DOOFUSES that were whipped by Sanusi last time over expenditure and salary are still in the Senate?

Didn't we do an election after their disgraceful whipping?

You mean to tell me that Nigerians still voted those MUUMUs back into office? shocked

Nigerians Una dey see una lives so? shocked

Next time vote Okadamen into office, we will deliver Nigeria to the right destination no matter the bad road on the way to freedom!!

Kai see as Mallam Sanusi dey take MUUUMUs shine. embarassed
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 7:11am On Jul 28, 2011
Funny Jarus!

So people are impressed when your dude talks ehn? And you actually said that after seeing the reference to a much greater orator in the person of Adolph Hitler?

Why not tell us how great Hitler too was since he had an even greater power of speech?

I agree totally with okada_man. Bring him online and we'll eat him like catfish soup
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by gists: 7:19am On Jul 28, 2011
nuclearboy:

Funny Jarus!

So people are impressed when your dude talks ehn? And you actually said that after seeing the reference to a much greater orator in the person of Adolph Hitler?

Why not tell us how great Hitler too was since he had an even greater power of speech?

I agree totally with okada_man. Bring him online and we'll eat him like catfish soup

Sorry man, he happens to be a more serious muslim than myself . So don't expect him to patronize online "bear-parlor/ pepper soup joint" like nairaland cheesy cheesy cheesy
I just hope boko haram will not send us a cyber bomb.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by nuclearboy(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2011
Oh okay, he prefers gist with the cows in the NASS to "bear" parlours like NL ehn?

No wonder he gets applause - he's like a pastor on the pulpit and can get away with anything since there's no opposition to his sermons
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by maclatunji: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2011
enyojo:

This guy is more Christianic grin grin grin grin grin grin than Islamic!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

enyojo:

According to him, the original Guideline on Islamic Banking authored by Prof Chukuma Christian Soludo defined Non-Interest bank as any bank that trades, carries out commercial activities in line with Islamic principles'. This definition blocked out other Faiths and people from doing Non-interest banking services. His own Guideline did not streamline it to any religion or Belief.

Secondly, Soludo's document contained about 35 mention of 'Sharia'. Sanusi said dat even in d Quaran, Sharia was mentioned just once! So he deleted all the mention of Sharia in the New CBN guidelines on Non-Interest banking. You can download the PDF on CBN website pls. grin grin grin grin grin grin

tongue
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by odedele: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2011
CBN governors reserve their comments until the odd once in a year or so when they must speak on monetary policy. I cannot imagine Ben Bernanke or Alan Greenspan in his days at the Fed volunteering a comment on matters such as Afghanistan or the appropriateness of Sarah Palin’s dressing or in fact whether Obama should worry about all of America’s problems simultaneously or selectively. But Sanusi, recall, set out by challenging Yar’dua’s 7 point agenda. Ordinarily, his elevated office ought to define a higher level of candour and circumspection in matters of public commentary than he is currently displaying. And that is a pity.

For instance, Sanusi is reported to have said that the weak banks in the system have until September to recapitalize or be liquidated. No one in their right mind will continue to leave their deposits in these banks after that comment as September approaches. Yet these banks are supposed to raise additional capital! There was also an open expression that if foreign buyers cannot be found for these weak banks, they may be nationalized! It is difficult to reconcile between Sanusi’s avowed nationalistic fervor and his initial willingness to auction off the weak banks first to foreign interests. And for the leader of a CBN in a country that subscribes to free market rules to threaten nationalization of so many banks even as a fall back position speaks volumes
The toga of central bank governor is no license for anyone to further destabilize the economy or inject mischief into a polity that is already riven by unnecessary sectarian and regional contradictions. Intemperate utterances and that kind of verbal incontinence and recklessness that should at best be found in beer parlours should have no place in the vocabulary of a central bank governor. But if Sanusi insists on his present talkaholic style, he should resign his job and join the political fray. There he will be free to canvass his views, test his ideas and market his obsessions. More critically, his insistence that his interest-free banking proposition is Islamic banking is heating up the polity. If this matter gets out of hand, Mr. Sanusi must be ready to bear personal responsibility for any untoward outcomes.
For quite some time, the impression has grown that the presidency allowed the CBN to dictate both fiscal and monetary policies. And the principal purveyor of both has been the rather autocratic CBN governor himself. Since the President is yet to articulate his own economic agenda, the impression that has gained ground is that Sanusi is speaking and acting for Jonathan or derives his confidence from a perception of the President’s relative indecisiveness on economic matters. If Jonthan does not rein in Sanusi now, he risks being seen as culpable in the imminent meltdown of the Nigerian economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Management, Directors Of Defunct Skye Bank Under Investigation, NDIC Insists / Statoil Loses 5% Stake In Agbami Oilfield, To Pay Chevron $1.1bn / Is there any business one can Start With Zero Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.