Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,403 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! (6010 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note / Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by PurestBoy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2011
Can they loan me 1 million naira to go to US and I will return it after 3 years?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
Don't you just love Nigerians

At first they don't want Islamic banking, Nigeria is a secular society

Then they don't have a problem with Islamic banking but the guidelines - the guideline that theyve not seen

Then they don't have a problem with it just the name, They don't mind but the name should be changed

Then they want the CBN to also 'allow' Christian banks, was it preventing it before?

Then Nigeria is fragile for Islamic banking, because the security situation in the country, very soon Friday prayers will be banned because of security
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Akanbiedu(m): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
You dey mind them.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Ire007: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
His achievements as CBN governor should be used to judge this man, not his oratory skills.
People should know that all indices the guy is managing are bad.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2011
Ire007:

His achievements as CBN governor should be used to judge this man, not his oratory skills.
People should know that all indices the guy is managing are bad.

what indices in a recession?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by okadaman2: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2011
Dr,zak:

@ okada , Odedele nd co, Its nt because u all a voice in a faceless forum that gave u d impetus to critize the generally acceptable opinion of the CBN governor,

Dr. Al- Zakwahiri

Are you Sanusi?

Do you want to censure us?

You want to shoot us over the internet?

I cannot criticize a man that gets paid from the public coffers?

Were you born DUUUUMB or is it an acquired taste?

Who generally accepted his opinion? Your MUMU senators who never asked him a single question?

The CBN governor has turned himself into the spokesman and public relations officer for a specific Bank (JAIZ) and you think that is proper?

Amadioha Thunder fire you!!

that is the problem with this cntry when vital issues of national prosperity is being brought up some folks who think they know everything wil start against it, , the World Bank MD who resign to serve her fatherland attested NIB without being sentimental or tribalistic about it, and many other good people,

I know you re just jealous because the idea is from Islam.,bt i tel u just have to accept the gud thing no matter the source cos i know sooner u wil hav no option than accepting it

Now you are confessing small small. reeeeetarded goon.

I will have no option? will you put dagger in our tummy because of Islamic banking?

[b]because the idea is from Islam.,[/b]bt i tel u just have to accept the gud thing no matter the source cos i know sooner u wil hav no option than accepting it.,

You should have mentioned your Islamic leaning from the beginning instead of wasting my time with your gibberish.

Is islam paying Sanusi his salary and allowances?

Islamic banking may be good for Muslims, it might not even be bad for Christians, BUT that was not the point of my objection:

1. The CBN Governor should not have made himself the public face of Islamic banking, that was STUUUPID, DUUUMB and very un-strategic for a central bank governor to do. It makes him come of as a SILLY FANATIC.

Let the banks submit their proposal and leave the politicians to debate it, if it needs their approval, make your recommendations and shut the FCK up! YOU ARE CBN GOVERNOR not a POLITICAL RELIGIOUS LOBBYIST.

2. He went before the Senate to deliver a monologue. I saw no intelligent opposition from the people claiming to represent me I saw no opposition at all, because dem wan  attend burial, and you expect me to keep quiet? is that the type of Nigeria you want?

Osanobua punish una yeye slave religions!!

Imagine the nonsense and alacrity!
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by naijaking1: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
I hope this thread gets moved to Banking/Business section.
If not then I know that every thread in support of Sanusi belongs to Political section, while those critical of him are pushed into obscure Banking/Business or even ethnic sections. angry
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Abuloma80(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2011
@okada man
If you are not Sanusi, may thunder fire your keyboard for wasting my time.

You would be getting his criticisms if keyboard is fire grin grin

Sanusi is just telling truth as it is. Gaskiya daya ce (truth is one), you dont have to recall what was said before,

unlike lies or cooked up information, whereby you have recall what was said before to avoid contradiction.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by adamawa: 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2011
How I wish people can see beyond Sanusi as an orator. Sanusi has created more unemployment in the Banking sector than he met it. He is talking about N150,000 and N1,000,000 cash withdrawal limits. How will traders who buy their goods from Onitsha, Kano, Ibadan, Aba etc buy their stuffs. Will a malam have POS or accept cheque lodgement . What can we look beyond his statement, his analysis that 10% withdrawal more than 150k is a big lie, independent consultant should conduct the research.His action will create more unemployment again and will affect our economy. Things can be done properly without bringing the sentiments of Islamic Banking to destabilize  the country.

How I wish Jonathan can take decisive action on this man,he has not established anything but he keeps destroying others,all his life has been as an employee collecting salary.sanusi has destroyed so many homes. why can't he allow shareholders to recapitalized the ailing Banks instead of selling them for peanuts.

Imagine Access Bank to buy over Intercontinental, a bigger bank. They are planning to sack more than 70% of the staffs. What are we saying? He talks and people believed him, why did'nt he allowed Akingbola, Ibru,Nwosu and others to defend themselves before sacking them,injustice of highest order. They might have goofed but there is nothing they did that Ovia, Aig,Elumelu and other MDs did not do.

Check his appointed MD and  EDs to these banks, they are looting like no man's business. They are negotiating on behalf of a bank they don't have stake.what do you expect
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Abuloma80(f): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
@okada man
If you are not Sanusi, may thunder fire your keyboard for wasting my time.

You would not be getting his criticisms if keyboard is fire Grin Grin

Sanusi is just telling truth as it is. Gaskiya daya ce (truth is one), you dont have to recall what was said before,

unlike lies or cooked up information, whereby you have recall what was said before to avoid contradiction.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
1. The CBN Governor should not have made himself the public face of Islamic banking, that was STUUUPID, DUUUMB and very un-strategic for a central bank governor to do. It makes him come of as a SILLY FANATIC.

Let the banks submit their proposal and leave the politicians to debate it, if it needs their approval, make your recommendations and shut the FCK up! YOU ARE CBN GOVERNOR not a POLITICAL RELIGIOUS LOBBYIST.

I dont understand this point, he should have allowed someone else explain islamic banking or should have allowed the banks demand for an islamic window?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 28, 2011
The CBN governor is a joke!

Nigeria couldn't even meet the MDGs minimum limit and yet people are praising this man here. Go to Angola that just ended a war and see how they are making use of their finances and they are not operating Islamic Banking system.

I say go to hell with Islamic Bank, CBN governor!
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by bingils(m): 1:18am On Jul 29, 2011
All hail the world's best central bank governor, welldone sir dis xtian bigots wouldnt nt deter u from saying the truth: Islamic banking shall be implemnted by Allah's grace (Insha, Allah) grin All u bigots n fanatic basta'rds should go fu*ck yourselves idiots tongue
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 2:42am On Jul 29, 2011
all4naija:

The CBN governor is a joke!

Nigeria couldn't even meet the MDGs minimum limit and yet people are praising this man here. Go to Angola that just ended a war and see how they are making use of their finances and they are not operating Islamic Banking system.

I say go to hell with Islamic Bank, CBN governor!

LMAO where do these people crawl out from?

adamawa:

. What can we look beyond his statement, his analysis that 10% withdrawal more than 150k is a big lie, independent consultant should conduct the research.His action will create more unemployment again and will affect our economy. Things can be done properly without bringing the sentiments of Islamic Banking to destabilize  the country.

How I wish Jonathan can take decisive action on this man,he has not established anything but he keeps destroying others,all his life has been as an employee collecting salary.sanusi has destroyed so many homes. why can't he allow shareholders to recapitalized the ailing Banks instead of selling them for peanuts.

Imagine Access Bank to buy over Intercontinental, a bigger bank. They are planning to sack more than 70% of the staffs. What are we saying? He talks and people believed him, why did'nt he allowed Akingbola, Ibru,Nwosu and others to defend themselves before sacking them,injustice of highest order. They might have goofed but there is nothing they did that Ovia, Aig,Elumelu and other MDs did not do.

Check his appointed MD and  EDs to these banks, they are looting like no man's business. They are negotiating on behalf of a bank they don't have stake.what do you expect

Where do you guys really crawl out from?

You find it hard to believe a smaller institution can buy a bigger troubled one?

You think its odd people are objective whilst negotiating the sale of rescued banks?

LETS JUST CONCLUDE ONCE AND FOR ALL SANUSI CAUSED THE GLOBAL RECESSION UBS, HSBC ALL OF THEM ARE STILL SLASHING JOBS MANY YEARS AFTER, NA SANUSI COS AM!
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 29, 2011
LMAO where do these people crawl out from?
I am not people, slowpoke!
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:16am On Jul 29, 2011
I noticed recently that nairaland seems not to have moderators anymore. Everyone comes up, opens their mouth and spills out all the toxic waste in it. Let me say this first. I am from Anambra State and a christian (pentecostal), and if Sanusi should ever vie for the presidency, I'll fully support and campaign for him free of charge. He has shown himself to be first a Nigerian, before being a Northerner. Everyone is shooting down the Islamic Banking thing but not one of you had taken the time to do a research on it. I'm quite sure that your grouse is with the name and if Sanusi should change it to say Non-Interest Banking, none of you would have any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liathave any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liar and until the present hard facts to us (not the governor denying it thru one woman I never heard of), I will still believe Sanusi's facts. And until you loud mouths here can present your case like really people and not crass idiots, please desist from opening your mouths online cos this ain't your bedroom. How do you think the international community would see us when they see they way most of us behave here? it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liathave any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liar and until the present hard facts to us (not the governor denying it thru one woman I never heard of), I will still believe Sanusi's facts. And until you loud mouths here can present your case like really people and not crass idiots, please desist from opening your mouths online cos this ain't your bedroom. How do you think the international community would see us when they see they way most of us behave here?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 3:18am On Jul 29, 2011
all4naija:

I am not people, slowpoke!

You are certainly one of them reeeetardon, MDG and CBN? Maga utd
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^So, get out if you couldn't address me directly.

Yes MDGs have something to do with the CBN as far as it regulates the financial system of the nation. So, go and fucck yourself

I don't want Islamic bank in Nigeria.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 29, 2011
henryskywalker2003:

I noticed recently that nairaland seems not to have moderators anymore. Everyone comes up, opens their mouth and spills out all the toxic waste in it. Let me say this first. I am from Anambra State and a christian (pentecostal), and if Sanusi should ever vie for the presidency, I'll fully support and campaign for him free of charge. He has shown himself to be first a Nigerian, before being a Northerner. Everyone is shooting down the Islamic Banking thing but not one of you had taken the time to do a research on it. I'm quite sure that your grouse is with the name and if Sanusi should change it to say Non-Interest Banking, none of you would have any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liathave any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liar and until the present hard facts to us (not the governor denying it thru one woman I never heard of), I will still believe Sanusi's facts. And until you loud mouths here can present your case like really people and not crass idiots, please desist from opening your mouths online cos this ain't your bedroom. How do you think the international community would see us when they see they way most of us behave here? it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liathave any issues with it. You all claim its a bad idea but no one has given a detailed presentation (@least like half the way he did to the senate) to show us why it is a bad idea. None of you are economists but you can argue economics with a prof of economics. Anambra State is yet to prove Sanusi a liar and until the present hard facts to us (not the governor denying it thru one woman I never heard of), I will still believe Sanusi's facts. And until you loud mouths here can present your case like really people and not crass idiots, please desist from opening your mouths online cos this ain't your bedroom. How do you think the international community would see us when they see they way most of us behave here?
With Islamic ideology. It is a shame many Nigerians are still living in the dark. Have you traveled beyond the shore of Nigeria?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:34am On Jul 29, 2011
@Enyojo, I'm really quite impressed with you. I am really having a hard time believing that you are a nigerian lady. We need more ladies like you. Ladies that don't watch only BBA and fashion tv but actually take time to know and analyse whats going on around them. Keep it up.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:40am On Jul 29, 2011
@all4naija, since when does one need to travel out of nigeria to get an iota of common sense? What has leaving the shores of nigeria has to do with the issues here?
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 3:48am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ Sorry that you are only after common sense. Common sense is not what is needed in this generation but uncommon sense. So, don't be fooled by common sense. I can clearly see the reason why you are being deceived by the country, by every barbaric ideology!

You are certainly one of them reeeetardon, MDG and CBN? Maga utd
Check under the Debate surrounding the MDGs. Debt sustainability plays a great row in this MDGs. The only thing I was glad about that Obasanjo paid the debt - yet things are still not progressing fast. Wait on your bottom and think CBN doesn't have part in what transpire of the nation development. You are only seeing the tip of the iceberg if you thought CBN doesn't have anything to do with the MDGs.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:17am On Jul 29, 2011
When you are building a house, you don't build the roof first before laying the foundation. In the same vein, you don't run after the uncommon sense when you don't have any bit of the common one.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^That's called conjecture!

Please, would advise you to see beyond that. It's annoying to say the least. Nigeria is a backward country.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by maclatunji: 9:02am On Jul 29, 2011
henryskywalker2003:

@Enyojo, I'm really quite impressed with you. I am really having a hard time believing that you are a nigerian lady. We need more ladies like you. Ladies that don't watch only BBA and fashion tv but actually take time to know and analyse whats going on around them. Keep it up.

I agree, I think she is definitely the first lady in the politics section at the moment.I wish that those that have made the Romance section their Place of Primary Assignment would discuss politics a lot more.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by geeluck: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
He may be Intelligent but he has forgotten that he has to uphold the law. It is unconstitutional for him to mention ISLAM, that was why JAIZ never mentioned islam,
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
The christians are to blame for the crap they receive from the murderous Nigerians living up north.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by geeluck: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2011
divine2043:

The christians are to blame for the crap they receive from the murderous Nigerians living up north.

Explanation!!!!! Na crime to live for north
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
all4naija:

Check under the Debate surrounding the MDGs. Debt sustainability plays a great row in this MDGs. The only thing I was glad about that Obasanjo paid the debt - yet things are still not progressing fast. Wait on your bottom and think CBN doesn't have part in what transpire of the nation development. You are only seeing the tip of the iceberg if you thought CBN doesn't have anything to do with the MDGs.

Absolute tosh!! Accesss to Education, Water, Health, how does the CBN manage the debt of states not implementing policies in that direction, sit there and keep mistaking the ministry of finance with cbn
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by maclatunji: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
geeluck:

He may be Intelligent but he has forgotten that he has to uphold the law. It is unconstitutional for him to mention ISLAM, that was why JAIZ never mentioned islam,

Are you sure you are not on some sort of narcotic? Just asking.
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by DisGuy: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
geeluck:

Holy cow  shocked shocked

Very soon it will be totally legitimate to throw away CV with Muslim names, if it isn't happening already

Trinity bank sounds nice though
Re: Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! by dayokay(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
Out of all the comments on this topic I thing the one of oladele is more reasonable. I think we all know hw sensitive our economy is. The issues on sharia should not have comes up at this moment, the CBN should come up with a policy to restore back the fear he has created in the banking industry and the economy at large. He can then come up with the issue on sharia when the economy is balance. I ll advise the Governor to be watchful in the ways he handle issues that relate to the nation due to the sensitive nature of the economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Start Importing Perfumes From China/dubai; Pls Advice Me! / Management, Directors Of Defunct Skye Bank Under Investigation, NDIC Insists / Statoil Loses 5% Stake In Agbami Oilfield, To Pay Chevron $1.1bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.