Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor (31152 Views)

Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Shettima And Bandits' Negotiator, Tukur Mamu (Throwback Photo) / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Mazisimonekpa:
Peter Peter Obi was a completely failure

Mazi Simon Ekpa

U are naturally useless..

Now I see
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by pfadom: 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
Keep deceiving yourself. Time will tell when you begin to lick your wounds.

Cubalabloo:
How can a terrorist perform better than a philantropist?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by zudozz: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Comparing between sleep and death you mean? shocked

How can you compare the 2?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Vyzz: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Are you aware that so many Massob members were dump in the river?

My friend will you fucking answer your questions and stop behaving a cuhnt
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Greenscientist: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

Have you even been to anambra before ?

It’s obvious most of those attacking OBI haven’t been to anambra

They are either online arm wing of the APC or just as a result of accumulated hatred towards the Igbo which obi happens to come from

What is in anambra?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kozmokaz(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2022
Greenscientist:

What is in anambra?

A lot to explore man

Visit Anambra
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by dadexcel: 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
I think the comparison is lopsided, the proper thing should be obi and tinubu ....shettima stands no chance where obis achievement is concerned .
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by buchilino(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Have you been to Borno before?

I have been to borno n believe me wen i tell you that comparing Anambra with borno is an insult to common sense.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Akagas(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Cubalabloo:
How can a terrorist perform better than a philantropist?
ask me oo? Who is asking this trash like question?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Dajay3264: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
How will you asked people such? when obi is for president and shettima is nominated for VP, I will prefer u compare those for president with each other and VP to VP
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by rickleye: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
Bethel4Life:
OP how can boko haram governor perform well?

Or wasn't when he was governor that they kidnapped chibok girls

PS : Wow I cant believe that this trash thread by this retarded op made it to fp shocked

How can u compare Shettima to Obi? Is shettima seeking for presidency?
Why not compare Tinubu to Obi?
Moreover there are so many wonderful post in the politics section that should be moved to fp, but they weren't.. just this thread that the op created, immediately it was moved to fp.

I now see clearly that nairaland and seun is against Nigerians progress

Careful now .. You might get bannedsmiley
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by marod(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Shettima
Shettima emerged the 2014 Governor of the Year (Leadership,

Governor of the Year, 2015, (Nigeria Union of Journalists, national body);

Governor of the Year, 2015 (NewsWatchTimes n);

Governor of the Year, 2015 (Vanguard newspapers);

Governor of the Year, 2016 (Tell magazine

2017 Zik Prize for Leadership

Kaduna NUJ Award for courage and exceptional leadership (2017)

FCT NUJ Merit Award for exceptional Leadership, 2017.

Obi
Sun Newspaper's Man of the Year (2007)

This Day Newspaper's Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria (2009)

This Day's Governor of the Decade (2020)[55]

Champion Newspaper's Nigeria's Most Trustworthy Governor (2009)

West Africa ICT Development Award for Governor of the Year (2010)

Zik Leadership Prize (2011)

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria (2012)[56]

Ezeife Leadership Foundation's Leadership and Good Governance Award (2012)

Methodist Church of Nigeria's Golden Award on Prudence (2012); Business Hallmark Newspaper's Man of the Year (2012)

Silverbird's Man of the Year (2013)[57]

The Voice Newspaper's Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance (2014)

Champion Newspaper's Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade (2014)

Nigerian Library Association's Golden Merit Award (2014)

Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Sylvester Pope and Martyr (2014)[58]

Catholic Diocese of Onitsha's Golden Jubilee Award (2015)

These is according to their wikipedia pages. While it is noted that Shettima emerged Governor of the year 5 times, Obi only did once.

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Wipper7000: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
israelp:
u lied.... endsar started here in ughelli in delta state....
He said SARS Akwuzu and not END SARS. why do you people refused to read and digest b4 commenting? Simply because you all fixated to BAT. Any Topic you people will mention BAT.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by beardedboy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

Holigans and thieves can be found in every nook and cranny of nigeria !!

Don’t make it look like it’s an anambra thing alone

The ones in Lagos is way bigger than that of anambra

Even at the international airport !!!
The one in Lagos is more because the population of Lagos is more.

In data analytics, you don't compare raw figures. Instead, you compare standardized values. Otherwise, you would be committing statistical fallacy aka telling a lie.

Now, compare the number of hooligans in Anambra to the tiny population of Anambra and compare the number of hooligans in Lagos to the massive population of Lagos. You'll see that Anambra has higher hooligan population density.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by ArewaNorth: 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
SU50:

Oga, shettima did infrastructure self.

Won bill and Melinda gates award for best governor in healthcare, can't recall the year though. Won Vanguard newspaper (or is it leadership, can't recall) governor of the year ahead of elrufa'i and wike.

So in spite of the terrorism in borno then, kashim tried.

From various state of the art hospitals with their respective staff quarters,

to standard schools (he even provided school buses for public schools in borno and bicycles to children to raise and encourage kids to go back to school considering the destructive effect of the insurgency),

sponsored Borno indigenes to study medicine and related courses abroad,

to building houses and resettling villages,

not forgetting the support given to the military in terms of hardware and allowances,

drafting and supporting CJTF not to talk of his massive investment in mechanised agriculture.

All of these while managing a heart wrenching humanitarian crisis that saw over 3 million people displaced (you want to know how difficult that is, ask Ortom of Benue who can't construct road because of fulani herdsmen).

I used to have one of this magazines about his administration its sad i cant find it.

Its an insult to compare him with someone who's achievements are listed as receiving ambassadors.

Shettima is bound and leaps AHEAD of obi. There are no two ways about it.

Such a pity we don't have Maiduguri people here, you guys would be blown.

What a commendable input. Thank you...

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by mightyleks(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
Stop comparing president in view with a vice in view
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by AminuRano87(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Shettima inherited a completely terrorised state and as such couldn't do much in infrastructure. Only after 2016 Maiduguri could have sense of reason and serenity to think of rebuilding the state...
He did a lot of buildings especially schools and residential housing estates, I was there in June 2018,

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by ogatboy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lol. You guys saying he does not discuss track record. He's the only thing he has been saying. He has been listing his achievements, he has been going to media houses. Let Tinubu and Atiku go to media houses and let journalist like Rufai ask them questions like 'the bullion van', the drug trafficking, etc. Atiku about what Obj said about him, his case in the USA.

Every allegation against Obi, at least he has faced the media. Only clean people can do that
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by 27Pushing30: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2022
zeuss:

U hv nofin 2 say.

You have no brain to THINK.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by ArewaNorth: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
AminuRano87:

He did a lot of buildings especially schools and residential housing estates, I was there in June 2018,
Very uncommon effort and commitment from a person who Governed a state under serious insurgency for 8yrs!

Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by lexyclasy: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Terrorist how? If Shettima should be held accountable for Boko Haram issue then Obi should also be held responsible for the SARS Akwuzu led by James Nwafor terror
And the then IG will be held responsible for what....talk another thing.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by kozmokaz(m): 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2022
beardedboy:

The one in Lagos is more because the population of Lagos is more.

In data analytics, you don't compare raw figures. Instead, you compare standardized values. Otherwise, you would be committing statistical fallacy aka telling a lie.

Now, compare the number of hooligans in Anambra to the tiny population of Anambra and compare the number of hooligans in Lagos to the massive population of Lagos. You'll see that Anambra has higher hooligan population density.

Tiny population of Anambra?

Seriously?

Talking about hooligans in Anambra state ,I think we should be specific ( onitsha )

Now comparing the population of the city of onitsha and the general population of Lagos state is a self decite
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by ponishah: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Terrorist how? If Shettima should be held accountable for Boko Haram issue then Obi should also be held responsible for the SARS Akwuzu led by James Nwafor terror
... please where was kabiru sokoto arrested, i cant remember any longer
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by helinues: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
ponishah:

... please where was kabiru sokoto arrested, i cant remember any longer

In Obi's kitchen
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Bigsharkmob: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Rubbish talk . Go and verify well and know in who’s tenor OC sarz commits his menace more over you just talking from what you heard without facts .
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Bigheart007: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
helinues:

Sars Akwuzu is a police station under the control of the federal government. So how can you blame the action of sars akwuzu on the state government?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Kazal999: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Pls Obideints, don't argue with any one calling APC, they are probably not in Nigeria, because if anyone is in Nigeria and still supports APC then that person must not be a human.. That person must be a fool.. Even after the mess we are in u still support APC, students at home, wasting, economy don't even go there because we are finished already.. Abeg no waste ur time dey talk with them.. Religion has spoiled there brains. Even a mad man will support Obi, because he is the one to build Nigeria.
Even APC stupid supporters know that OBI is the best candidate, young, vibrant, has plans and doesn't need to steal,
But some idiots just still not want to support him.. maybe because he hasn't given them chi chi Apc gave them.. Hahaha e go shock una.. OBI will become the most greatest moment Nigeria will ever have soon..

Even after the rigging APC will do.. Revolution will come.. Because know APC is planning to rig..
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by beardedboy(m): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
kozmokaz:

Tiny population of Anambra?

Seriously?

Talking about hooligans in Anambra state ,I think we should be specific ( onitsha )

Now comparing the population of the city of onitsha and the general population of Lagos state is a self decite
Those ipob gunmen killing people in rural areas of Anambra are what? Catholic Bishops?
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hisxellency:
Former Gov of Anambra state in the person of Peter Obi touched every nook and cranny of Anambra state!

Despite the distractions in the Anambra political space then, he stood his grounds and performed excellently

This space won't contain his achievements if we start to list them.He invested heavily in human development and equally raised the bar in Education.
Anambra state and the future generations will forever remain grateful to Mr Peter Gregory Obi for his great achievements

Yet, U cannot list them. Lolz.
Re: Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor by nedekid: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
What an absurd comparison.
One left his state practically collapsed and a hotbed of terrorism. A den of bandits.
The other managed his state from red line to past green and in credit. Such that his successor had so much financing, enough to build an airport and other infrastructure.
How can you compare Obi, a captain of industry to a mere aboki government pikin that only knows how to spend money?
I think we Nigerians are our own enemies. If you had your personal business you took loans to setup, who will you choose between Obi and sheytima to run it?
I put it to you that even Tinubu will choose Obi over his own son to run his business if possible.
Is is because this man feels compelled to help the suffering masses of this country? If Nigeria has to pay to hire a CEO, don't you know we will pay a man of obi's caliber in millions of dollars?

Ambode Might Face Impeachment For His Insistence To Re-contest / Allegations Of IPOB Plotting To Attack Lagos Is A Lie - Nnamdi Kanu / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani