Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,180 members, 7,887,421 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:42 AM

2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi (20612 Views)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC / I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by DIVAD2000: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2022
Sarsaproko:
Yeah..This is much better. We want to know why we should vote for Obi. Not all the attacks on Apc and Tinubu.. Wetin Obi get to offer?

Love your question.
Politics is not about attacking any individual, put supporting the right one.

I believe the answer to your question will be in the national Presidential debate. And I hope no party would be absent ( like PDP and Apc did last)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Barrylord4040: 6:37am On Jul 22, 2022
we northerner dont want Biafra Obi pandora...A liar...He want our vote now after calling us almajiri
AntonVince:

A genuine northerner would have no issue spelling the boldened word.
That gives you away, Tinubu lackey.

...and stop wasting your time trying to forcefully market an unmarketable product.
A good product sells itself.

cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Barrylord4040: 6:39am On Jul 22, 2022
What was Obi achievements as anambra's governor
DIVAD2000:

Love your question.

I believe the answer to your question will be in the national Presidential debate. And I hope no party would be absent ( like PDP and Apc did last)

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by DIVAD2000: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2022
Daniel207:
You are the devil �. If you like waste your time supporting loser. Tinubu is winning in 2023. 100%.

Tinubu, Atiku and obi are friends, but you are calling your fellow Nigerian a devil, because of politics.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ufotunang: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2022
It's not the high rate of illiteratccy causing the insecurity...the main cause of the insecurity is the bad economy.... poverty hunger hardship unemployment, inflation, high costs of living ,high cost of food stuffs... even an educated man or a university graduate also involes into criminal activities ..when the bad economy is affecting him...he has no job and he is idle within poverty, hunger ,hardship he will be tempted to go into criminal activities in order to survive the hard economy...an hungry man is an angry man
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by honor4me: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2022
And yet we the « FOOLISH NIGERIANS » will suddenly wake up and give our heritage to one of them calling the country unprintable names, one of the image spoilers of the country internationally, one whose sole agenda is to balkanise the country to become our president? Abi? No it doesn’t work that way. Even no household will entrust its future to the one who doesn’t believe in the existence of that household. Let’s not labor in vain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Sarsaproko: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2022
DIVAD2000:

Love your question.

Amen sir!
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by DIVAD2000: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Barrylord4040:
What was Obi achievements as anambra's governor

1 what was Tinubu achievement in Lagos State ( the second worst state to live in)

2 what was Atiku achievement as vice president?
And his impact in his state? I think he's from Adamawa?

My point is simply this.we will see everyone at the presidential debate.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ufotunang: 6:44am On Jul 22, 2022
AchichaMmuo:

And you think say na Bishop of Agbado Diocese them go vote for? Baba wey no even remember the name of his Party, Clowns. Other nation dey move forward, Una still wan drag us back Futher.
...jagaban of bishops.. the unknown bishops
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Shikini: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Amen
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by jrusky(m): 6:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Oga will uou shut up? Which North is supporting Obi? Wait why is it that you obi-diots are so imilar in politia template like apc fir God sake?

You lie just like apc since 2014

You do propaganda same as apc in 2014.

You bully same like apc in 2014.

You hate just like apc in 2014.

You manipulate just like apc in 2014. The last is endless very similar in everything.

North are not complaining about insecurity because if they do Buhari would have gone by now.

As per education bro I stay in Abj and know many many Northern States they are not complaining about education Gej tried to helped them then they told him no.

Bro are you a defiant when did North now suddenly became igbo best friend that you now remember them about security, education etc?

I kept telling you Obi-diots 2023 is not for him let him go back to APGA then start what is called Nationsl politics but for now sorry its unfortunate it can't work. The better you accept the fate on ground it's either apc carry on as president or pdp take over stop wasting your energy fermenting lies and useless permutation politically its not going to work.

Happy Friday if you wish.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by tubolancer(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Brunosamel:
The true northerners I know are kind hearted and unbiased angry
FUNKE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2022
Everyone now a political analyst cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Mkairbag: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2022
Obi is a fraud, Atiku & Tinubu has nothing to offer us, Nigeria Youths are not serious. we need to start asking every candidate questions, Please stop playing victim game. its time to put every candidate on integrity test. 2023 is almost here. you will all come here to cry. this is the way you guys carry Buhari matter for head in 2015. today we are in one chance.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by franchasofficia: 6:58am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin
You spent the last 8 or even 16 years calling Northerners unprintable names and now they want us to vote for them? He go shock their papa. Danboroba shege!
Very soon, we will declare you a persona non grata on Nairaland and everywhere and you will be pursued everywhere you go even in your dream. You think this matter is a childsplay ba, kontinu, you will be shocked soon.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Emilo(m): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
This is a very bitter truth but it has to be said. Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency. He's not even in the conversation. For an ibo man to become president, the two major parties have to micro zone the position to the south east. 2022 was a ripe time to fight for that but even south Eastern governors supported the North in zoning the office to the north in PDP.... In summary, the SE has to get their political act together. That said, I'm not a prophet nor a pessimist. An Obi presidency would have been something I'd like to see. Not because I believe he's the messiah or he has the solution to the myriad of problems bedeviling the country nor do I even believe he'll do better than his predecessors but I'd have wanted an Obi presidency in LP to break the stranglehold on our polity by APC and PDP. Unfortunately, it won't happen. One reason it won't happen is, agree or not, tribe plays a huge part in our elections. The online noise might say otherwise. We educated folks might not give much thought to the tribe of a candidate but a farmer in A village in Osun state would rather vote for a fellow Yoruba man than an ibo man. Let's not even talk of the north. Same way an ibo man will vote for his fellow ibo. Secondly, forget talk of structure doesn't matter. Structure does matter and it matters a lot. How do you intend to win a national election when your party doesn't have candidates for most elective positions apart from the presidency? Who takes your campaign alongside theirs to the real grassroot? See, an Obi presidential campaign only benefits a Bola Tinubu presidential gig and harms Atiku's presidential bid. Why u may ask? The SE and SS have traditionally been PDP's strongest bloc. It's where majority of their votes historically come from. Now, these same area is where the Obimania is strongest. This will result in divided votes from PDP strongest bloc. Advantage who? As for Kwankwaso, that one is not serious and will most likely eventually work for Tinubu in the NW. The north east has always been an are where the APC since the days of ANPP has traditionally performed well and I don't see that changing in 2023. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe... But not convincingly. Borno and Yobe will go for the APC. In the north Central, Tribe will come in play in Kwara and parts of Kogi. I expect the APC to take the two states. Because of the Muslim Muslim ticket, APC will lose both Plateau and Benue and win Niger and Nassarawa with very low margins. In all, Obi won't win more than 2 or 3 states and they'd all be in the south.
You might disagree with this analysis of mine. Before you do, please check out this auto deal I've got. Imagine a 2011 Benz C300 going for 3.9 million Naira. Sweet right? Well, I've got several more auto deals that will blow your mind. Mobile number is 08089945511. Call or send a WhatsApp message and I'm available to attend to your auto needs. Location is Lagos

Kindly answer this question. Based on Nigerians need for drastic change and spread of educated invidividials. Who do u think is capable of winning some good percentage in each 6 zones?

See my assumption of votes in percentage.

SW - Tinubu will win 60%, Obi 30%, Atiku 10%

SS - Tinubu 10%, Obi 80%, Atiku 10%

SE - Tinubu 5%, Obi 80%, Atiku 15%

NC - Tinubu 10%, Obi 30%, Atiku 60%

NW - Tinubu 20%, Obi 10%, Atiku 70%

NE - Tinubu 15%, Obi 20%, Atiku 65%

TOTAL = Tinubu 120%, Obi 250%, Atiku 230%

In my estimate I have considered 2 factors tribe sentiment, and level of voters education.

Remember in the last election Buhari (APC) lost Abuja and almost Lagos, mainly because of educational prowess of voters over tribe sentiments.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Rayjnr:

So if they vote obi they will have sense

It is simple, northerners will never support Igbos because Igbo don't support them

Then divide this country already. We have no business being together if this is the case.

I know they won’t vote Obi because of his tribe which is why I say they don’t have sense but if they prove me wrong and vote for him then yes it will prove they have sense not because of his tribe but because he is OBVIOUSLY a better candidate than Bishop Tinubu and Atiku

Nigeria will never move forward if we keep seeing ourselves and our leaders through tribal lenses instead of judging each candidates on their merits.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by nkem1992: 7:06am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin
You spent the last 8 or even 16 years calling Northerners unprintable names and now they want us to vote for them? He go shock their papa. Danboroba shege!
You now clinging to a straw man, 2023 will teach ya all a lesson, Mugayen, dabobi, kamar ku bakwa, zagin nyammare, yan iska manafukai.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Omonieme: 7:06am On Jul 22, 2022
Emilo:

Kindly answer this question. Based on Nigerians need for drastic change and spread of educated invidividials. Who do u think is capable of winning some good percentage in each 6 zones?

See my assumption of votes in percentage.

SW - Tinubu will win 60%, Obi 30%, Atiku 10%

SS - Tinubu 10%, Obi 80%, Atiku 10%

SE - Tinubu 5%, Obi 80%, Atiku 15%

NC - Tinubu 10%, Obi 30%, Atiku 60%

NW - Tinubu 20%, Obi 10%, Atiku 70%

NE - Tinubu 15%, Obi 20%, Atiku 65%

TOTAL = Tinubu 120%, Obi 250%, Atiku 230%

In my estimate I have considered 2 factors tribe sentiment, and level of voters education.

Remember in the last election Buhari (APC) lost Abuja and almost Lagos, mainly because of educational prowess of voters over tribe sentiments.
I don't quite agree with your percentages in the SW and SS for Obi. 80% is too much for him in both regions. Remember, these are hitherto PDP strongholds and you'll still expect a good showing from them. I think it should be Obi 40% Atiku 50% and Tinubu 10 in the SS and Obi 70, Atiku 25 and Tinubu 5 in the SE. In these, I'm still being very generous to Obi cause I can't see him outrightly winning any SS state apart from Maybe Edo and I actually expect the 3 parties to put up a good fight there. In the NC, you're aren't being fair to Tinubu. I Expect Tinubu to win Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara and Niger states. The party is well established in the last two states, Kwara will give him votes based on tribal considerations and Kogi well, based on tribe and the strength of the party. In the NW and NE, I actually think Tinubu will perform better than the percentages you're presenting. If the APC NW governors actually stand by him and Kwankwaso also does, he'll win the NW sef. NE, with Borno and Yobe being traditionally APC states, I think 15% is too low. In all, Obi o think will come a distant 3rd. Not having candidates.... Not to talk of popular ones vying for NOA and HOA positions in most states will affect his chances

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Abdul9025(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2022
you guys are just wasting your time

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ezechi242: 7:13am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
This is a very bitter truth but it has to be said. Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency. He's not even in the conversation. For an ibo man to become president, the two major parties have to micro zone the position to the south east. 2022 was a ripe time to fight for that but even south Eastern governors supported the North in zoning the office to the north in PDP.... In summary, the SE has to get their political act together. That said, I'm not a prophet nor a pessimist. An Obi presidency would have been something I'd like to see. Not because I believe he's the messiah or he has the solution to the myriad of problems bedeviling the country nor do I even believe he'll do better than his predecessors but I'd have wanted an Obi presidency in LP to break the stranglehold on our polity by APC and PDP. Unfortunately, it won't happen. One reason it won't happen is, agree or not, tribe plays a huge part in our elections. The online noise might say otherwise. We educated folks might not give much thought to the tribe of a candidate but a farmer in A village in Osun state would rather vote for a fellow Yoruba man than an ibo man. Let's not even talk of the north. Same way an ibo man will vote for his fellow ibo. Secondly, forget talk of structure doesn't matter. Structure does matter and it matters a lot. How do you intend to win a national election when your party doesn't have candidates for most elective positions apart from the presidency? Who takes your campaign alongside theirs to the real grassroot? See, an Obi presidential campaign only benefits a Bola Tinubu presidential gig and harms Atiku's presidential bid. Why u may ask? The SE and SS have traditionally been PDP's strongest bloc. It's where majority of their votes historically come from. Now, these same area is where the Obimania is strongest. This will result in divided votes from PDP strongest bloc. Advantage who? As for Kwankwaso, that one is not serious and will most likely eventually work for Tinubu in the NW. The north east has always been an are where the APC since the days of ANPP has traditionally performed well and I don't see that changing in 2023. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe... But not convincingly. Borno and Yobe will go for the APC. In the north Central, Tribe will come in play in Kwara and parts of Kogi. I expect the APC to take the two states. Because of the Muslim Muslim ticket, APC will lose both Plateau and Benue and win Niger and Nassarawa with very low margins. In all, Obi won't win more than 2 or 3 states and they'd all be in the south.
You might disagree with this analysis of mine. Before you do, please check out this auto deal I've got. Imagine a 2011 Benz C300 going for 3.9 million Naira. Sweet right? Well, I've got several more auto deals that will blow your mind. Mobile number is 08089945511. Call or send a WhatsApp message and I'm available to attend to your auto needs. Location is Lagos

You just typed rubbish without even calculating....obi will win only three states, how many state does the sout east own?...I bet you haven't gone to delta, Benin, rivers, Benue, Ibadan, abuja,nassarawa,southern Kaduna,even your very own Lagos or you think the people giving PDP votes in Lagos state are Yoruba's? Hahaha see a man that is being backed by ibb, obasanjo, and so many other states men can not loose this election....even osun state Igbo's voted for adeleke that was why they where attacked after the election....so at the national poll you will be shocked by the amount of votes LP will get from the west and the north ...stand there dey mop ....you dey sell motor and you dey support evil to take over the economy of this nation...now as the number of people wey dey buy motor don reduce your eyes never still clear?.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Emilo(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
I don't quite agree with your percentages in the SW and SS for Obi. 80% is too much for him in both regions. Remember, these are hitherto PDP strongholds and you'll still expect a good showing from them. I think it should be Obi 40% Atiku 50% and Tinubu 10 in the SS and Obi 70, Atiku 25 and Tinubu 5 in the SE. In these, I'm still being very generous to Obi cause I can't see him outrightly winning any SS state apart from Maybe Edo and I actually expect the 3 parties to put up a good fight there. In the NC, you're aren't being fair to Tinubu. Expect

I don't have issue with ur SE assumption but totally disagree with Atiku percentage for SS. SS have high percentage of educated individuals who will chose change mantra over PDP structure.

If NC is Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Niger and the likes what chances does Tinubu have there after going for muslim muslims team?. These tins matter.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by teawhy2788(m): 7:15am On Jul 22, 2022
[quote author=Omonieme post=114965279]This is a very bitter truth but it has to be said. Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency. He's not even in the conversation. For an ibo man to become president, the two major parties have to micro zone the position to the south east. 2022 was a ripe time to fight for that but even south Eastern governors supported the North in zoning the office to the north in PDP.... In summary, the SE has to get their political act together. That said, I'm not a prophet nor a pessimist. An Obi presidency would have been something I'd like to see. Not because I believe he's the messiah or he has the solution to the myriad of problems bedeviling the country nor do I even believe he'll do better than his predecessors but I'd have wanted an Obi presidency in LP to break the stranglehold on our polity by APC and PDP. Unfortunately, it won't happen. One reason it won't happen is, agree or not, tribe plays a huge part in our elections. The online noise might say otherwise. We educated folks might not give much thought to the tribe of a candidate but a farmer in A village in Osun state would rather vote for a fellow Yoruba man than an ibo man. Let's not even talk of the north. Same way an ibo man will vote for his fellow ibo. Secondly, forget talk of structure doesn't matter. Structure does matter and it matters a lot. How do you intend to win a national election when your party doesn't have candidates for most elective positions apart from the presidency? Who takes your campaign alongside theirs to the real grassroot? See, an Obi presidential campaign only benefits a Bola Tinubu presidential gig and harms Atiku's presidential bid. Why u may ask? The SE and SS have traditionally been PDP's strongest bloc. It's where majority of their votes historically come from. Now, these same area is where the Obimania is strongest. This will result in divided votes from PDP strongest bloc. Advantage who? As for Kwankwaso, that one is not serious and will most likely eventually work for Tinubu in the NW. The north east has always been an are where the APC since the days of ANPP has traditionally performed well and I don't see that changing in 2023. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe... But not convincingly. Borno and Yobe will go for the APC. In the north Central, Tribe will come in play in Kwara and parts of Kogi. I expect the APC to take the two states. Because of the Muslim Muslim ticket, APC will lose both Plateau and Benue and win Niger and Nassarawa with very low margins. In all, Obi won't win more than 2 or 3 states and they'd all be in the south.
You might disagree with this analysis of mine. Before you do, please check out this auto deal I've got. Imagine a 2011 Benz C300 going for 3.9 million Naira. Sweet right? Well, I've got several more auto deals that will blow your mind. Mobile number is 08089945511. Call or send a WhatsApp message and I'm available to attend to your auto needs. Location is Lagos[/qu

What a factual write up! This guy has really said it all,take it or hug transformer

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2022
tunjijones:
Are you sure?

I don't see Peter obi winning anyways.

Like I want him to win not because he is a saint or better than other politicians cos they are all the same.

I want him to win just to prove to the political class that the people owns the power.

For your information, if obi wins, things wld not change, I even suspect that things wld get worse.

Nigeria can never ever change for better if we don't change this current system of governance.

Warey dey disguise cheesy

Urchins lolz
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Aldol: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2022
successmatters:
Please, let's not be deceived by some misguided fellows claiming to be northerners and spreading hate against every other tribes in the south, those guys are a tiny minority of the North, paid by politicians to ferment trouble so they can win in the chaos the ensures.

The real northerner is a very kind hearted, humble individual who loves peace and progress like the rest of us. Some are even more peace loving and innovative than southerners.

The northerner will love to vote foe Peter Obi because they suffer all of the things we suffer. Hunger and insecurity affects the whole country equally.
Wow, all of a sudden. Politics na bastard o

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by AnanseK(m): 7:21am On Jul 22, 2022
successmatters:
Please, let's not be deceived by some misguided fellows claiming to be northerners and spreading hate against every other tribes in the south, those guys are a tiny minority of the North, paid by politicians to ferment trouble so they can win in the chaos the ensures.

The real northerner is a very kind hearted, humble individual who loves peace and progress like the rest of us. Some are even more peace loving and innovative than southerners.

The northerner will love to vote foe Peter Obi because they suffer all of the things we suffer. Hunger and insecurity affects the whole country equally.

So now you want the North that you hate and detest so much to vote for you? No chance my friend. All these fake praises of the north will never make them trust PItobi. They know him so well from his time as governor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Chidex50(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin
Scam! Scam!! Scam!!!
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by philisto: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2022
If only the north need a positive change, Peter Obi is the answer
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by jaxxy(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2022
The North needs Peter Obi. cool
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Decent09(m): 7:26am On Jul 22, 2022
oikirodah:
2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah 

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-why-the-north-would-have-no-problem-supporting-peter-obi-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

That Useless Man that sandwich Northern legit. Biz people inside Trailer to North, He may contest for South East Governor, if that seat still exist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Greene Visits Kashim Shettima (Photos) / I’m Going To Serve Tinubu – Muri-Okunola Resigns As Lagos Head Of Service / Court Refuses Dokpesi Bail-the Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.