Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi (20572 Views)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC / I Have No Problem With Tinubu - Ambode Speaks On Rift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Omonieme: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2022
Emilo:

I don't have issue with ur SE assumption but totally disagree with Atiku percentage for SS. SS have high percentage of educated individuals who will chose change mantra over PDP structure.

If NC is Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Niger and the likes what chances does Tinubu have there after going for muslim muslims team?. These tins matter.
Atiku will actually win the SS. Forget the number of educated people. Not all of these educated people will vote Obi. I'm from Edo state and forget the online noise. In Edo north, APC will win convincingly.... This would be further helped by Oshiomole being on the ballot for senate. Edo Central has always been PDP and this won't change. Edo South, LP will post some numbers but PDP will still take the day particularly if they can resolve their internal crises. Now to Delta, with the VP candidate for PDP being from that state and how deep rooted the party is there, I think PDP will win there... Same with Rivvers if Wike is back on board, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers. You talked about the NC. Kogi is predominantly a Muslim state and the Christian part of the state is the Okun people who share culture with Yoruba and will vote on tribal grounds. Seriously, the only sites I can't see APC winning in the NC is d FCT, Plateau and Benue states. Not that the other states will be won with large margins. One of Niger or Nassarawa can even flip to the PDP but not LP. One factor we often overlook in our election postulations is the role of the National assembly candidates in garnering votes. Now, a senatorial candidate or House of reps candidate is closer to the grassroots and can influence votes for himself and by extension, the presidential candidate of his party. Let's not forget Nigerians are not soo politically sophisticated to vote party A for Senate and party B for presidency. And LP not having these candidates in majority of the states will be a major hindrance. And often times, states where they have these candidates, the candidates are not popular neither do they have the resources needed to push a well coordinated grassroots campaign

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by rickyrex(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Aldol:

Lies, he said those living inside the forest should leave the forest and come live where other people are living. Even when when some angry youths wanted to attack Northerners he gave them stern warning not to attack innocent northerners that only those living in the forest and armed. Igboho has never attacked innocent northerners in town. His target is the forest. The videos are on the internet for you to confirm
really! this same country wry me and you dey nah him you dey cook lies to brainwash me . Guy, igboho called for yoruba nation not because of fulanis living in the forest but because of the political sentiment been played by buhari by allowing his tribesmen to use cattle rearing as a means of killing innocent yoruba people. Igan igan oyo state comes to mind. Cook your news for those wey dey read only headlines and come to internet to argue
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Omonieme: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Endsarspillar:

You cannot do well in business
And why can't I? For saying what I believe are facts? Must politics be tied to business? I only expressed an opinion. My political opinion is different from my business. And, if you took time to read, you'd see where I said I'm not going to vote for any of the candidates. So, I believe I'm not partisan. Now man, if you need a car or you wanna get your car registered, my number dey there. Nor do because of politics carry my food go give another person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by victorsola: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2022
oikirodah:
2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah 

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-why-the-north-would-have-no-problem-supporting-peter-obi-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/
very wrong analysis. Northerners follow thier people ,get it . Obi an Igbo man. Don’t be fooled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by okofians(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2022
Obi can't come 2nd in any northern states, save this post for future purposes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by okofians(m): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2022
The earlier you stop deceiving your ancestors the better for your likes, stop thinking awkwardly, Obituaries is a failed movement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ransomed: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2022
North will have no problem voting for OBI because they have not forgotten the favour Nnamdi Azikiwe did to them against Awolowo and Yorubas.
After then, Odumegwu Ojukwu wanted to use Awolowo and Yorubas again but, Awo had a rethink and stayed with his people. You know the rest of the history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2022
nobody will vote obi here in the north stop wasting your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Zorn: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin
You spent the last 8 or even 16 years calling Northerners unprintable names and now they want us to vote for them? He go shock their papa. Danboroba shege!
You have spent the rest of your life terrorising the nation and still want to be voted for?
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by cleverja: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2022
oikirodah:
2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah 

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-why-the-north-would-have-no-problem-supporting-peter-obi-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Antai123(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
This is a very bitter truth but it has to be said. Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency. He's not even in the conversation. For an ibo man to become president, the two major parties have to micro zone the position to the south east. 2022 was a ripe time to fight for that but even south Eastern governors supported the North in zoning the office to the north in PDP.... In summary, the SE has to get their political act together. That said, I'm not a prophet nor a pessimist. An Obi presidency would have been something I'd like to see. Not because I believe he's the messiah or he has the solution to the myriad of problems bedeviling the country nor do I even believe he'll do better than his predecessors but I'd have wanted an Obi presidency in LP to break the stranglehold on our polity by APC and PDP. Unfortunately, it won't happen. One reason it won't happen is, agree or not, tribe plays a huge part in our elections. The online noise might say otherwise. We educated folks might not give much thought to the tribe of a candidate but a farmer in A village in Osun state would rather vote for a fellow Yoruba man than an ibo man. Let's not even talk of the north. Same way an ibo man will vote for his fellow ibo. Secondly, forget talk of structure doesn't matter. Structure does matter and it matters a lot. How do you intend to win a national election when your party doesn't have candidates for most elective positions apart from the presidency? Who takes your campaign alongside theirs to the real grassroot? See, an Obi presidential campaign only benefits a Bola Tinubu presidential gig and harms Atiku's presidential bid. Why u may ask? The SE and SS have traditionally been PDP's strongest bloc. It's where majority of their votes historically come from. Now, these same area is where the Obimania is strongest. This will result in divided votes from PDP strongest bloc. Advantage who? As for Kwankwaso, that one is not serious and will most likely eventually work for Tinubu in the NW. The north east has always been an are where the APC since the days of ANPP has traditionally performed well and I don't see that changing in 2023. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe... But not convincingly. Borno and Yobe will go for the APC. In the north Central, Tribe will come in play in Kwara and parts of Kogi. I expect the APC to take the two states. Because of the Muslim Muslim ticket, APC will lose both Plateau and Benue and win Niger and Nassarawa with very low margins. In all, Obi won't win more than 2 or 3 states and they'd all be in the south.
You might disagree with this analysis of mine. Before you do, please check out this auto deal I've got. Imagine a 2011 Benz C300 going for 3.9 million Naira. Sweet right? Well, I've got several more auto deals that will blow your mind. Mobile number is 08089945511. Call or send a WhatsApp message and I'm available to attend to your auto needs. Location is Lagos

NONSENSE!!!!
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Emilo(m): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
Atiku will actually win the SS. Forget the number of educated people. Not all of these educated people will vote Obi. I'm from Edo state and forget the online noise. In Edo north, APC will win convincingly.... This would be further helped by Oshiomole being on the ballot for senate. Edo Central has always been PDP and this won't change. Edo South, LP will post some numbers but PDP will still take the day particularly if they can resolve their internal crises. Now to Delta, with the VP candidate for PDP being from that state and how deep rooted the party is there, I think PDP will win there... Same with Rivvers if Wike is back on board, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers. You talked about the NC. Kogi is predominantly a Muslim state and the Christian part of the state is the Okun people who share culture with Yoruba and will vote on tribal grounds. Seriously, the only sites I can't see APC winning in the NC is d FCT, Plateau and Benue states. Not that the other states will be won with large margins. One of Niger or Nassarawa can even flip to the PDP but not LP. One factor we often overlook in our election postulations is the role of the National assembly candidates in garnering votes. Now, a senatorial candidate or House of reps candidate is closer to the grassroots and can influence votes for himself and by extension, the presidential candidate of his party. Let's not forget Nigerians are not soo politically sophisticated to vote party A for Senate and party B for presidency. And LP not having these candidates in majority of the states will be a major hindrance. And often times, states where they have these candidates, the candidates are not popular neither do they have the resources needed to push a well coordinated grassroots campaign

Okay you have some points even if I don't agree with you. Let's wait and see how it all unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Badowski: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2022
you guys are not thinking @ ALL

WHY IS SOUTH FIGTHING SOUTH,

NEVER UNITED THATS WHY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SLAVES TO THE NORTH.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE HATRED YOU HAVE FOR EACH OTHER,

THE NORTH IS UNITED BEHINDE THEIR SON, WHILE THE SOUTH IS BIKERINGAT EACH OTHER.

SOON EITHER OBI KILLS TINUBU OR VICE VERSA AND PAVE WAY FOR ATIKU.

WHO RELIGION HELP SINCE 1999, god of men

SOUTHERNERS THINK!!!!!!!

EKULEKU!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Omonieme: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2022
Emilo:

Okay you have some points even if I don't agree with you. Let's wait and see how it all unfolds.
Yeah. February 2023 is stil far off. Anything can happen in 7 months

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by VEHINTOLAR: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Self deceit is the worst form of any disease ! North will vote for an nyanmiri ? Taaaar!!!!! It's just a matter of time;you all will soon start singing your usual anthem of "it's biaFLA or death" ! We dey here dey watch una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Dubaku543: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2022
Moh247:
Time for Ibos to beg Northerners for vote

Lol
It is not a competition. Anybody that will lift the lives of all individuals we will accept. That is why even though we love Jonathan, we love Obasanjo more but we love Yardua the most!

Y`ardua left 12 billion naira when he stepped down as a governor decades back, that singular act made me love him and gave me hope that he will definitely do well of which he never disappointed.
He was quite selfless.

My problem with Tinubu is not one. He is corrupt, yes nobody is a saint, but he is highly tribalistic.

Why I don't support Atiku (even though he looks more liberal and a unifier) is I don't support Northern monopoly.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by deeva2: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2022
Keep deceiving urself.

The same northerners u guys calls illiterate almajiris and animals are now needed to make ur obi a president.

An average hausa man wud never vote a biafran into power.. Know this and know peace..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by teawhy2788(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2022
ASIWAJU stil av 50% of winning,Atiku 30,Obi 20 take it or hug transformer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by yugoo: 9:19am On Jul 22, 2022
Face the car you're selling and leave Obi alone Sire
Omonieme:
This is a very bitter truth but it has to be said. Obi cannot win the 2023 presidency. He's not even in the conversation. For an ibo man to become president, the two major parties have to micro zone the position to the south east. 2022 was a ripe time to fight for that but even south Eastern governors supported the North in zoning the office to the north in PDP.... In summary, the SE has to get their political act together. That said, I'm not a prophet nor a pessimist. An Obi presidency would have been something I'd like to see. Not because I believe he's the messiah or he has the solution to the myriad of problems bedeviling the country nor do I even believe he'll do better than his predecessors but I'd have wanted an Obi presidency in LP to break the stranglehold on our polity by APC and PDP. Unfortunately, it won't happen. One reason it won't happen is, agree or not, tribe plays a huge part in our elections. The online noise might say otherwise. We educated folks might not give much thought to the tribe of a candidate but a farmer in A village in Osun state would rather vote for a fellow Yoruba man than an ibo man. Let's not even talk of the north. Same way an ibo man will vote for his fellow ibo. Secondly, forget talk of structure doesn't matter. Structure does matter and it matters a lot. How do you intend to win a national election when your party doesn't have candidates for most elective positions apart from the presidency? Who takes your campaign alongside theirs to the real grassroot? See, an Obi presidential campaign only benefits a Bola Tinubu presidential gig and harms Atiku's presidential bid. Why u may ask? The SE and SS have traditionally been PDP's strongest bloc. It's where majority of their votes historically come from. Now, these same area is where the Obimania is strongest. This will result in divided votes from PDP strongest bloc. Advantage who? As for Kwankwaso, that one is not serious and will most likely eventually work for Tinubu in the NW. The north east has always been an are where the APC since the days of ANPP has traditionally performed well and I don't see that changing in 2023. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe... But not convincingly. Borno and Yobe will go for the APC. In the north Central, Tribe will come in play in Kwara and parts of Kogi. I expect the APC to take the two states. Because of the Muslim Muslim ticket, APC will lose both Plateau and Benue and win Niger and Nassarawa with very low margins. In all, Obi won't win more than 2 or 3 states and they'd all be in the south.
You might disagree with this analysis of mine. Before you do, please check out this auto deal I've got. Imagine a 2011 Benz C300 going for 3.9 million Naira. Sweet right? Well, I've got several more auto deals that will blow your mind. Mobile number is 08089945511. Call or send a WhatsApp message and I'm available to attend to your auto needs. Location is Lagos
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by LivinusOnyi: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2022
tunjijones:
Are you sure?

I don't see Peter obi winning anyways.

Like I want him to win not because he is a saint or better than other politicians cos they are all the same.

I want him to win just to prove to the political class that the people owns the power.

For your information, if obi wins, things wld not change, I even suspect that things wld get worse.

Nigeria can never ever change for better if we don't change this current system of governance.
that's where you're wrong, they're not all the same. Though it can be said that very corrupt people are more by numbers in Nigeria politics but the truth is, in this list of presidential aspirants Peter Obi is at least one step ahead of the rest in terms of competence
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by maybet081: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:

while some of your points are valid, you must understand that over 8million educated youths have registered in 2022 and more registering.

It is also an unfortunate truth that the church of Christ views obi's failure in 2023 as their own failure and of christians.

The church will give a huge grassroot mobilization.

Many voters are interested in voting for presidency than the national assembly posts.

2023 is peculiar.
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by olumide4christ: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:
And why can't I? For saying what I believe are facts? Must politics be tied to business? I only expressed an opinion. My political opinion is different from my business. And, if you took time to read, you'd see where I said I'm not going to vote for any of the candidates. So, I believe I'm not partisan. Now man, if you need a car or you wanna get your car registered, my number dey there. Nor do because of politics carry my food go give another person

Sir, I have read all your posts...you are very intelligent and objective and have put forward your points very well.

Ignore that guy you were responding to. Obidients usually resort to abuses, bullying and maligning others when they don't have their way or you don't agree with them.

The last election in which I voted was 2011 but this year I decided to go to INEC to transfer my voters card and vote in 2023, not for Peter Obi of course, but also to prove to these Obidients that elections aren't only about them and their candidate.

Your business is blessed, irrespective of whether you vote or not or whom you vote for. Just ignore their bullying!

2023 is almost here...God preserve and keep us beyond 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by diadem10: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2022
AchichaMmuo:

And you think say na Bishop of Agbado Diocese them go vote for? Baba wey no even remember the name of his Party, Clowns. Other nation dey move forward, Una still wan drag us back Futher.

See Ipob editing Tinubu in bishop clothes yet would be the ones to cry. Same way you photoshopped Adamu hence why he was laughing and asking for his new title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2022
tunjijones:
Are you sure?

I don't see Peter obi winning anyways.

Like I want him to win not because he is a saint or better than other politicians cos they are all the same.

I want him to win just to prove to the political class that the people owns the power.

For your information, if obi wins, things wld not change, I even suspect that things wld get worse.

Nigeria can never ever change for better if we don't change this current system of governance.
One big stout plus sweet mary j for you sir. Shortly after the elections those campaining for tinubu/obi would realise its mere foolishness and a waste of time it is. It would be close to impossible to save nigeria currently with the myriads of problems, rising debts with high servicing demand, so-called subsidy gulping 4trillion annually, wide spread insecurity, food shortages, expanding unproductive population.
Best would be to divide this hell hole, or still revert to regional systen let everyone face his problems in the best way they deem fit. The current constitution is a fraud created by the northern powers to drain the south.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by 00FFT00(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin
You spent the last 8 or even 16 years calling Northerners unprintable names and now they want us to vote for them? He go shock their papa. Danboroba shege!

Says a Yoruba muslim from Iragbiji cheesy
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Kfed4ril(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
grin grin grin

Yoruba man is that your campaign mantra?
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by FCTRanger: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2022
successmatters:
Please, let's not be deceived by some misguided fellows claiming to be northerners and spreading hate against every other tribes in the south, those guys are a tiny minority of the North, paid by politicians to ferment trouble so they can win in the chaos the ensures.

The real northerner is a very kind hearted, humble individual who loves peace and progress like the rest of us. Some are even more peace loving and innovative than southerners.

The northerner will love to vote foe Peter Obi because they suffer all of the things we suffer. Hunger and insecurity affects the whole country equally.

Change your foe to for in the third paragraph...very important

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2022
FCTRanger:

Change your foe to for in the third paragraph...very important

Done.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by FCTRanger: 10:43am On Jul 22, 2022
successmatters:

Done.

You be man!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by Aldol: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2022
rickyrex:
really! this same country wry me and you dey nah him you dey cook lies to brainwash me . Guy, igboho called for yoruba nation not because of fulanis living in the forest but because of the political sentiment been played by buhari by allowing his tribesmen to use cattle rearing as a means of killing innocent yoruba people. Igan igan oyo state comes to mind. Cook your news for those wey dey read only headlines and come to internet to argue
Am only trying to correct that guy who said igboho was killing northerners
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ezechi242: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2022
2016easy2017:

The Truth is; Igbos are voting emass this time and are aven gonna rig results. But the north is ready for them. Let them continue deceiving themselves with Obituary. For every 1000 results rigged in Igbo land for Obidient, the north would rig 10M in place. Ask Jonathan in 2015.

The

hahahahahahaha see yourserlf....ask yourself how many igbos voted in 2015 and 2019 lol.......do you also know that the whole of the west voted for buhari in 2015 and 2019 but tinubu can not even boast of winnig the whole west in this election.....atiku will and cannot win the whole of the north ......you go shock oga grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi by ezechi242: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2022
Omonieme:

this guy all this jagons you are typing here dey suprise me o.....apc go win benue, nassarawa and abuja?...even wike no dey sure of winning rivers state.....which kind permutation be that....the only state apc can win no go pass 7...even that seven sef still dey shake.....you say pdp will win the whole of south south?....even okowa no dey sure of winning delta state grin grin grin......well continue underating obi i like it like that......even sowore don cry say the kind people backing obi are unbeatable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Bassey Otu, Cross River Governor-elect / Governor Ganduje And Wife, Hafsat On Azman Air Economy Class Seat (Photo) / World Bank To FG: Reform Now To Stop Further Slide Into Extreme Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.