Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,784 members, 7,972,821 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:08 PM

50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway (9707 Views)

Joshua Ocholi's Post About "Death" On Instagram / Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Okene By Nigerian Troops (Graphic pics) / Terror Attack On Abuja Airport Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by rudemediae(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2011
Now that's de problem with us nigerians, we are just too cowardly. 50 people and 1 soldier versus wot 6 or 7 armed men So these people cudnt physically challenge these men even at de risk of getting shot?! In de US during de sept 11 attacks,men on board de delta flight dat crashed into de pentagon were said to have challenged de hijackers who originally intended to crash dat plane in2 de white house.but for here nobody wan die, but now dey all died, and also I don't tink I cud be ever forced to lie down on an express road.God forbit.wen dis isn't de 1st time dis has happened! I'd rather take off and run into de bush and stand de risk of being shot in de back or bitten by a snake dan lie on de damn road! Dis is really so unfortunate.maybe dey all shud have taken to their heels and into de bush.hw many people dem wan shoot?! So so sad. May dey all rest in peace.and may those heartless men never ever find any peace.! Never!
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Sike(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2011
Ole o ma le r'orun wo o! Indeed, thiefs can never ever - see the gate of heaven let alone - enter heaven.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by ikooko(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2011
mbulela:

on a more serious note, i see no reason why anyone should travel at nite.the risks outweigh any gain.

You talk like this because you don't know what it mean to travel to Maiduguri to buy dry fish, you don't know what it mean to go Alkaleri to buy grains and goats, u don't know what it means to go to Kano to buy Wrappers and jewelries neither to you know what it means to travel to Numan to buy cows. Primarily these are economic activities and means of livelihood for those who engage in it.

Personally, i have encounter robbery attacks at different times during the day, would you now suggest otherwise?
Every regular traveler know that Owo-Okene-Lokoja axis is notorious both day and night for robbery attacks. our government knew about it and the police check points are just for daily collection not security.
Really, placing a standby Helicopter in such axis and similar ones is not a bad idea like a poster suggested earlier.

My friend, don't just sit down in your office/home, browsing NL and make such conclusion. Majority of night travelers don't have such luxury as you, yet they must survive the economic hardship.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Pukkah: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2011
ikooko:

You talk like this because you don't know what it mean to travel to Maiduguri to buy dry fish, you don't know what it mean to go Alkaleri to buy grains and goats, u don't know what it means to go to Kano to buy Wrappers and jewelries neither to you know what it means to travel to Numan to buy cows. Primarily these are economic activities and means of livelihood for those who engage in it.

Personally, i have encounter robbery attacks at different times during the day, would you now suggest otherwise?
Every regular traveler know that Owo-Okene-Lokoja axis is notorious both day and night for robbery attacks. our government knew about it and the police check points are just for daily collection not security.
Really, placing a standby Helicopter in such axis and similar ones is not a bad idea like a poster suggested earlier.

My friend, don't just sit down in your office/home, browsing NL and make such conclusion. Majority of night travelers don't have such luxury as you, yet they must survive the economic hardship.

Thanks so much for your practical post! How can the system in a country be such that her people won't be able to move about at night? How does such a country hope to compete and grow its GDP? Check out the developed countries (and even some developing ones) and see how many 'moving about' hours they have in a day.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Apiyoyo: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2011
very painful indeed, and for real people should stop travelling at night to avoid such gory incident in the future
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Pukkah: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
Apiyoyo:

very painful indeed, and for real people should stop travelling at night to avoid such gory incident in the future

How about incidents - accidents, maiming, killing and violent robberies - that have happened in day time? This is like tacitly blaming the dead people for travelling at night.

How about placing the blame on the government which should provide security for its citizens and stimulate employment so that the army of idle youths who are fast turning to crime can be engaged?
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by wisevicola: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
How do we know the actual number ofi people that perished in this evil act? different journalist with different figures. but what i dont understand is whether the people that was crushed by the incoming truck were all glued to the road that they could not get up and run. its better they are killed by the robbers bullet than dying in a such a gruel way.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by dandollar1: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
Not again!Reminds me of january'05 when I was stil serving.they boarded with us from lagos and diverted the bus to a bush part,around ore or so,asked every passanger to remove their clothes,(singlets,pants bra),leave dem inside the bus and go lie on d ground outside as naked as we were born.
It was as if they were going to crush us with the bus or somthing,or probably they were finding it difficult to manouver t
he bus The first person they were supposed to crush suddenly stood up and ran into the bush.I was already saying my last prayers.finally,after wat seemed like eternity,dey drove off with our cloths inside the bus.
Its so sad. cry
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Afam4eva(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
Haba, 50 is just too much. It's really sad.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by Pukkah: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
dan_dollar:

Not again!Reminds me of january'05 when I was stil serving.they boarded with us from lagos and diverted the bus to a bush part,around ore or so,asked every passanger to remove their clothes,(singlets,pants bra),leave dem inside the bus and go lie on d ground outside as Unclad as we were born.
It was as if they were going to crush us with the bus or somthing,or probably they were finding it difficult to manouver t
he bus The first person they were supposed to crush suddenly stood up and ran into the bush.I was already saying my last prayers.finally,after wat seemed like eternity,dey drove off with our cloths inside the bus.
Its so sad. cry

shocked shocked shocked This is some nightmarish, dehumanizing and demeaning experience.
Re: 50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway by dandollar1: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2011
Pukkah:

shocked shocked shocked This is some nightmarish, dehumanizing and demeaning experience.
it was.there were pregnant women,elderly people old enough to be their grand parents and sorts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Only Those Doing Well Should Be Called ‘Excellency’ – Sanwo-olu / Amosun Sacks Ambali, Ogun NLC Chairman & 6 Others From Active Service / IDPs Protest Over Food In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.