Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,423 members, 7,897,865 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 09:15 PM

Competition Or Frustration - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Competition Or Frustration (3311 Views)

Frustration Along Ikorodu Road / Ecobank- Share Your Bank Frustration Here / Man Commits Suicide Inside Church: What Was He Thinking - Injustice/frustration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2006
true
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Rhodalyn(f): 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2006
word wink
Re: Competition Or Frustration by dafman(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2006
This site is growing because everyone can share his or her opinion, some people think the admin is such a bad g.u.y, but seriously i don't see anything wrong in what he's doing, there are rules everywhere maybe he oversteps his boundaries sometimes but then we can live with that, i mean some people say such horrible things because they are on the internet they need to be punished. If you don't like what's going on here you simply leave the site. What gets on my nerves is when someone is having a beef with another member and the clique join in the beef, that's rubbish. Just because one or two members leaves then the clique follows.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Outkast(f): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2006
man,you said it all
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2006
I bet some of em wanna return, , undecided
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2006
You cannot compare najiaryders or talknaija with the sites wildcat is talking about. Talknaija/Naijaryders built their own member base from scratch but these sites(Naijabrain.justnaija) are just scraping members off Nairaland and out of malice too. I kept getting their invites one after the other in my inbox. I sent one to admin.

@skidoc, u got this out of my mouth.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by mochafella(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2006
@vichel & buckeye
Well it "might" be understandable given the manner in which they left NL that they would harbor some ill-will, hence their recruitment tactics/comments. I do not subscribe to it, but I understand not everyone thinks stuff thru. Now I do not know about people forming cliques. I joined in January I beleive and I never had the issues of people ignoring me that skidoc mentioned. I frankly couldn't care less. If I see something interesting I jump in and post. Of course some degree of "credibility" does accrue with a post count out of the single digits. This does not mean higher post counts mean more, but I doubt the "clique" are the only ones guilty of "ignoring" one line comments with a post count of 1.

Now if I remember correctly the revolt was triggered by some heat btw the Admin & n2h. I doubt it had anything to do with being the center of attention or not. Besides a "clique" probably would not care about attention from "outsiders".

@dafman
I don't think the Admin is a bad person either, he has rules and I think he does enforce them correctly. An example would be the postings made by the stripper chick from PH. The issue I do have is his tone of address. Some will ignore it, others will not and I mentioned as such to him after the n2h situation.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2006
mochafella:

@vichel & buckeye
I joined in January I beleive and I never had the issues of people ignoring me that skidoc mentioned. I frankly couldn't care less. If I see something interesting I jump in and post. Of course some degree of "credibility" does accrue with a post count out of the single digits. This does not mean higher post counts mean more, but I doubt the "clique" are the only ones guilty of "ignoring" one line comments with a post count of 1.

u made a good point there, but remember that not everybody have the nerves to just jump in and post in a topic just like me and u,some people feel ignored when the post and nobody respond to it just like someone metioned earlier in "Is Nairaland a clique?" thread.

i never belived there is a "clique" on Nairaland(maybe there is) becuase i alway post anythime i feel like,regardless of what people think for as long as i get it off my chest.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by goodguy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2006
I'm a member of about 7 different forums. Any crime in that?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2006
so am i
Re: Competition Or Frustration by goodguy(m): 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2006
I only find JN more interesting than NL for now. What drove me away for some time from NL was majorly due to the removal of the pm system.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2006
exactly, i was pissed too but then i realised NL is not very much about Seun, but because of the people here.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by IAH(f): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2006
buckeye:

exactly, i was pissed too but then i realised Nairaland is not very much about Seun, but because of the people here.

WORD! You did not come here because of him, why must you leave because of him?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 3:55am On Mar 10, 2006
Grrr, I am also important! cheesy
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2006
Abeggi, ,
Re: Competition Or Frustration by goodguy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2006
If only he could stop poking nose unnecessarily into every thing that goes on here, people would stay.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2006
IAH:

WORD! You did not come here because of him, why must you leave because of him?

he can ban me.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by c0dec(m): 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2006
buckeye:

he can ban me.

yep. that's the one thing that can surely send you away
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2006
I am willing and able to ban anybody and everybody if deemed necessary. That should never be called into question. There is no "queen" or "untouchable" on Nairaland anymore. Hehe, see me talking tough. smiley
Re: Competition Or Frustration by bunkbobo: 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2006
I must say here that the creation of other fora is a welcome development.
People now have a choice, when they are given unnecessary heat they have an option to migrate to the other vice versa.
For instance i visit both and will continue and when I'm tired i will dump them like Dog shit and move on to a new height.
Afterall, we were all in yahoo and msn chat rooms, but how many people go there now?
make una let me hear word jare, na Nigeria thing and style
Na today
Re: Competition Or Frustration by c0dec(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2006
and why can't i type the word "gu.y". which levels? na bad word now?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2006
The "raiding Nairaland" thread on JustNaija has been removed. Yay! I may go ahead to remove the word block on their URL in acknowledgement of this gesture. Competition is good if executed ethically.

C0dec, the word in question has been overused on the forum, especially in titles. It can mean boy, man, or person. Just choose which one is more appropriate. This is offtopic though.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2006
Seun, how do i attach a poll to a thread?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by goodguy(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2006
@First poster:

JustNaija is NOT an anti-nairaland site.  The owner is NOT an ex-member who is trying to move people away from here.  He just wants to own a forum of his own.
(Un)Fortunately, most of those that have joined the site are those that were frustrated by 'God knows who' on Nairaland.  While, most of the members' reactions could be seen as frustration, the site owner is simply out for competition.  I hope this answers the first poster's question and other curious minds as well.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2006
buckeye: you can leave a note in the first post that you'd like a poll.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by buckeye(m): 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2006
oh ok, thanks.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Skidoc(m): 1:19am On Mar 12, 2006
goodguy:

@First poster:

JustNaija is NOT an anti-nairaland site.  The owner is NOT an ex-member who is trying to move people away from here. 

I take every other thing you wrote as correct but umm, this one in quote above is not quite true. Are you being economical with the truth? wink cheesy

@Seun, as long as "GUY" is not a curse word or a bad word, I don't see why it should be disallowed. Why would you say the word has been overused? What then would you say about words like "the", "me", "you"? Haven't those ones been over-over-over used?
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 1:42am On Mar 12, 2006
This site progresses much faster when we spend more time enjoying it and less time complaining about the management!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Grizzly(m): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2006
What bout our PM's Seun, eh? everybody seems to have forgotten bout it, but i've not. just wondering wut'll make u delete our PM'S and not bother ur head over replacing them. dont BAN me oh, abeg.!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by ocho(f): 3:37am On Mar 13, 2006
That's true seun, what about the PMs eh? I haven't forgotten either!
Re: Competition Or Frustration by c0dec(m): 6:40am On Mar 13, 2006
Skidoc:

I take every other thing you wrote as correct but umm, this one in quote above is not quite true. Are you being economical with the truth? wink cheesy

@Seun, as long as "GUY" is not a curse word or a bad word, I don't see why it should be disallowed. Why would you say the word has been overused? What then would you say about words like "the", "me", "you"? Haven't those ones been over-over-over used?

tell am oh. i could be conversating on a topic knowing fully well the g.u.y.s i'm speaking with are not boys. refering to them as boys - well some people can take that as being disrespectful. we are nigerians and you know respect is always an issue.
Re: Competition Or Frustration by Seun(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2006
c0dec, you can refer to them as friends or people or ogas instead of using that word!

ocho, you know I love you very much. Let us not fight. The PM issue is about maintaining sanity on this forum. The decision to delete old Pms is very much regretted but the decision to remove PM support was a step in the right direction. As for Grizzly, he was not even here when the PMs were remove, so what's the rubbish he is saying?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cashless Economy: Exploring Its Impact On The Nigerian Economy. / Photos Surface Of Justin Bieber Smoking Marijuana In Hotel Room / Mobile Freezer Cart For Sale/freezer Tricycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.