Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,942 members, 7,927,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:19 PM

U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm (14238 Views)

Poll: Who will Win?

Nigeria: 96% (91 votes)
England: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) / U20 WC : Nigeria Vs Croatia (5 - 2) On Thursday 4th August @ 2am Nig Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by seunlayi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
nigeria 4 - england 2
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Ajiowe: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
Our Nigeria's Flying Eagles, I wish you the best of luck in your outing morrow against England. You shall triumph in Jesus Name (Amen).
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Eagle75: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2011
I give it to the flying eagles 3 - 0.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by sultan003(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
femi4:

the same way nobody scored against Saudi Arabia until they met the flying eagles and conceded two goals

how can u compare saudi Arabia with england even if it is under five world cup grin grin grin grin. we will WIN BUT it wnt be easy.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Deelect(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
Naija will carry the day no two ways about it. grin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
Go England!

Please try and trash these old men's arse.

I will be cheering for you to win.

Come on, England!

Beat the cheats and the useless coach that always produces cheats as our national icons and motivators.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by honeric01(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
Sagamite:

Go England!

Come on, England!

Beat the cheats and the useless coach that always produces cheats as our national icons and motivators.

Aww, too bad for you this time around because you're on the wrong side shocked sad cool
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
honeric01:

Aww, too bad for you this time around because you're on the wrong side shocked sad cool

Maybe!

Lets see whether the fathers can win the whole thing after beating all these kids.

England is highly unlikely, but Brazil, Argentina and Spain are still in the showing.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by honeric01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^

Well we shall see, even the Spanish and the Brazilians of this world you're talking about are likely to suffer the same fate.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by romeo(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2011
And who is Colombia trying to cheat with that World cup logo? we all know very well what they produce, and that is not black in color. Hot chocolate my azz lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
romeo:

And who is Colombia trying to cheat with that World cup logo? we all know very well what they produce, and that is not black in color. Hot chocolate my azz lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by semid4lyfe(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2011
romeo:
And who is Colombia trying to cheat with that World cup logo? we all know very well what they produce, and that is not black in color. Hot chocolate my azz lol  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol, very funny. . . .never really thought of the logo in that way until now grin grin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by chelseabmw(m): 12:06am On Aug 10, 2011
hmmmmm. . . .
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by gbengress1: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2011
sultan003:

how can u compare saudi Arabia with england even if it is under five world cup grin grin grin grin. we will WIN BUT it wnt be easy.
Despite Saudi not being a football nation, they have a better team compared to England, England has no team, their players are always overrated by the English press and people like u.
I wont be surprised if the Saudis shock Brazil, maybe then you will now rate them high
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by gbengress1: 3:09am On Aug 10, 2011
For all England’s traditional
strengths, there has been a
dearth of world-class goalkeepers
in recent generations. However,
young Jack Butland, who is just
starting out at the tender age of
18, has been in exceptional form
at the FIFA U-20 World Cup
Colombia 2011, bringing a smile to
the lips of English FA officials and
holding out hope of a new, more
promising era.
The player, on the books at
second-tier Birmingham City, has
kept three clean sheets in three
games so far, producing some
truly breathtaking saves on the
way. “I’m obviously very pleased
with my performances so far,”
Butland told FIFA.com at the
team hotel. “But our success is
due to the team. It wouldn’t have
been possible without the help of
my defenders and every other
player,” continued the 6'4 in shot
stopper.
The Bristol-born talent joined the
Birmingham youth academy four
years ago, where excellent
training has helped him mature
and develop into a classy
exponent of his trade. One
important factor was working
alongside the likes of seasoned
internationals such as Joe Hart. “I
learned so much from Joe,
especially that I should be
enjoying myself when I play,”
Butland offered. “In the past, I
became really angry when I made
a mistake. Joe helped me
overcome that. He's been a
massive help. For a goalkeeper,
mental strength is the most
important attribute of all.”
The youngster, whose childhood
idol was Peter Schmeichel, is
hoping to pick up as much
international experience as
possible in Colombia, as he seeks
to lay the foundations for a
successful professional career. His
undoubted strengths came to the
fore in England's final group match
against Mexico, where he earned
his team a precious point with a
string of fine blocks, culminating in
a penalty save from dangerous
Mexico striker Taufic Guarch.
It all bodes well for his team's
future progress in the
tournament, as there is always
the possibility of knockout
matches going to a penalty
shoot-out. The player views the
prospect with some excitement.
“Shoot-outs are always
tremendous for the goalkeeper. If
you lose people say it's unlucky,
but if you win you're the hero.
Penalty shoot-outs are always a
thrill."
The Three Lions now face Nigeria,
the most prolific team at the
tournament so far with 12 goals.
Butland is neither fazed nor
anxious about the Round of 16
opponents. “We've not let in a
goal so far, and if you don't
concede any goals you can't lose.
It's as simple as that," the 18-
year-old declared. “It'll be a good
game against Nigeria. We just
have to play the way we've done
so far, and I'm confident the goals
will come."
Butland cannot really help in
terms of putting the ball in the
Nigerian net, but his contribution
between the sticks could be a
vital factor in seeing England
through to the last eight, as well
as advancing his own case for
regular football at a senior level.
In general, it is more difficult for
young goalkeepers to establish
themselves in the professional
game: clubs tend to look for
experience in goal, and there is of
course only one opening per team
for the man with the gloves.
Twenty-year-old first-choice
keepers in top-flight leagues are
a rarity: Iker Casillas was a major
exception in his day with Real
Madrid, while Bundesliga clubs
Kaiserslautern and Freiburg
currently feature Germany U–21
keepers Kevin Trapp and Oliver
Baumann respectively. “I think
coaches are looking for
experience and maturity, because
they have to rely totally on the
goalkeeper," Butland reflected.
“The experiences I've picked up at
this World Cup so far have been
simply fantastic. When the time
comes, I'll be given a chance, and I
hope I can take it."
England coach Brian Eastick’s staff
includes Stuart Pearce, a long-
serving former international and
senior boss Fabio Capello's
assistant. Pearce will be watching
the junior internationals like a
hawk, and will doubtless come
away with a wealth of interesting
observations and ideas. It will not
have gone unnoticed to Pearce
that the U–20 set-up currently
includes a gem between the
sticks.
And Butland is the kind of cheery,
grounded character who could
well feature for the senior squad
sooner rather than later. He
concluded his chat with FIFA.com
with a broad grin: “Maybe Stuart
will put in a good word with him
[Capello] on my behalf." Another
sparkling display in the last 16
would see that happen
automatically.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by femi4: 4:41am On Aug 10, 2011
sultan003:

When it comes to underage competitions,forget pedigree. Its a function of the strength of the team you have at that particular point in time.
In this case, England presented a poor team for this competition (as usual) and FYI that Saudi Arabia team you underscore will beat England silly going by the teams performance so far.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by isalegan2: 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2011
Sagamite:

Go England!

Come on, England!

Reverse psychology?  Otherwise, very poor form, old fart! grin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Oge16: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2011
Beat the cheats and the useless coach that always produces cheats as your national icons and motivators.
Isale, I hope you know the weight of this your statement? This is beyond football, why do you choose to rubbish your country for a mere sentiment?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
isale_gan2:

Reverse psychology?  Otherwise, very poor form, old fart! grin

O ri e o pe!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by gbengress1: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2011
Sagamite:

Go England!

Come on, England!

This guy need a psychiatrist's attention 4 dis unpatriotic comment.
Another Al mustapha in the making,
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by gbengress1: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
Sagamite:

Go England!

Come on, England!

Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by sunnyighodaro: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
Guy u da mad 4 sayin dat.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Myself2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
mumus and mumuses
Make the match start bohh,I no fit shat
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Jarus(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2011
Why is it difficult for me to predict a victory for Nigeria?

Is it because of my recent experience with Nigerian teams(Super Eagles; U-23 that threw away a 3-1 advantage in Ghana) or what?

I'm finding it difficult to say Nigeria will win this game, much as I want it.

I wish FE well.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by isalegan2: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
Nail-biting time.

Game can be watched on ESPN3.com; Other links here:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/229994/nigeria-vs-england/
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Loony2(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2011
Wish nigezie thy best cool
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2011
gbengress1:

You are a lunatic!

If cheating is the patriotism you want to support then you deserved your Al-Mustapha type leaders.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by mamagee3(f): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2011
Nigeria is winning this one!!!

The England National Team suck in every age group. grin grin
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by infofta(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kick off
Best attacking team against best defending team
Nig. Vs Eng.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
Nigeria 2 -1 England, that's my prediction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of NPFL Weekend Matches At Ibadan And Nnewi / Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / Daniel Sturridge And Alberto Moreno Set To Leave Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.