Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,954 members, 7,927,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:15 AM

U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm (14239 Views)

Poll: Who will Win?

Nigeria: 96% (91 votes)
England: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

U20 WC: Nigeria To Field The Youngest Squad. / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia (2 - 0 FULL TIME) / U20 WC : Nigeria Vs Croatia (5 - 2) On Thursday 4th August @ 2am Nig Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by odumchi: 2:35am On Aug 11, 2011
ESPN made me miss the match. I checked the schedule and they said it's at 12 am angry angry
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 11, 2011
only one goal.after all the mouth angry
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by KDK(m): 2:43am On Aug 11, 2011
^^^^ grin grin assuming we loose nko? Our boiz tried but our finishing is 2 poor.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Mynd44: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2011
Now who is the person that voted for England? Come out now and talk
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Mynd44: 3:23am On Aug 11, 2011
The English team lost. Personally, it seemed to me that those boys would rather be back home LOOTING than disturbing themselves on the field running around
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sike(m): 4:05am On Aug 11, 2011
Lovexme:

The winner between France and Ecuador on sunday.
I pray it will be France.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Ajibel(m): 4:11am On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks Nl'ers, from what i have read it really was a tight game for our naija boys but good we won at last, obuh should get back to the drawing board.if England can hold us this tight,wonder what would happen when we meet a more tactical spanish or brazilian team,
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Emmy3(m): 6:28am On Aug 11, 2011
It is like Dis boys can beat Super Eagle if opportuned 2 play against dem. . .
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by romeo(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2011
Now let us do same to France, are the French good?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by rabzy: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2011
Please anybody wey sabi that number 10 Ajagun wey dey play our corner kick or person wey sabi d coach, make dem tell am say all those en corner kicks are rubbish.

Corners are very dangerous and the guy just wasted almost all of them. They are suppose to drop into the middle of the box and the corners should have some speed, its the speed with which the corner is taken that gives momentum to the ball when you nod it in.

All those looping balls wey en dey cross no make sense at all.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by tainot2002(m): 7:28am On Aug 11, 2011
Bring on France or Equador.No fear on our face.Keep scoring boyzzzzzzzzzzz!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2011
I was impressed with their movement and pace, with or without the ball. The manner with which they can disposses the opponent is excellent. I think with a bit more confidence in front of goal, they can go a long way to the final, matching any of the Brazilian or Spanish outfit in the semis.
With France in the last eight, i don't see a problem.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Oge16: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2011
One goal is enough and sufficient to take us to the next round. One thing you should know is that every team in that competition were prepare for the trophy, so if a team out shine another and were able to beat them. We ought to praise and not talk them down. BOYS una well done faaaaaa!!!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Lalaska(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2011
Thank God we won. However the boys were not quite fantastic on the night. Particularly. Ahmed Musa ruined so many chances. Passes were not quite accurate and chances were not really perfect. They still need to up their game against France. Anyways congrats.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
toluxa1:

Seconded.

Its so annoying  that I don even contribute to age discussions again angry

And it is not "so annoying" to you when your country cheats?

It is not "so annoying" to you when your only national glories is based on fraud and cheating?

How many 15 year olds have you met in your life that look like Stanley Okoro?

How many 13 year olds do you know that can be highest goal scorer in the league of adults like Stanley Okoro?

That does not "so annoy" you?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by sexy74(m): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
Sagamite

i have met only one and that is STANLEY OKORO

Without being told you should know that he is very far from the age he is declaring.

A 15 years old boy can never hide even if he is very big, the baby attitude in him will always show.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by babyboy3(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2011

It is not "so annoying" to you when your only national glories is based of fraud and cheating?

Spot,

I mentioned something similar during the game last night, people nearly burst a blood vessel

YOU could turn a blind eye to the cheating, but some of us cant!!!

By the way, upon all the over-age players that we have been taken to these tournaments! What have we achieved? Three U17 would cups and one Olympic gold medal! Since 1983! and how does it help the national senior team?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Kx: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2011
The nos 9 for the under 20's Kayode, where does he play his football?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Jarus(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^
ASEC MIMOSA, CIV - the club that produced a good no of ivorian stars(Toure brothers etc)
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
I dont care what the boys achieve in their personal careers through age cheating, my only grouse is that they have no future in the Super Eagles due to their age cheating. Youth football is nothing more than a stepping stone and is not supposed to be taken seriously.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by galatico(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
The match between Nigeria and England was a boring match I slept off after half time .
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ibime:

I dont care what the boys achieve in their personal careers through age cheating, my only grouse is that they have no future in the Super Eagles due to their age cheating. Youth football is nothing more than a stepping stone and is not supposed to be taken seriously.

I am more worried about the qualities we use as national glory and is centric to our pride: Cheating!

And later we wonder why we are at moral decadence, where most people can not even trust a relative and relatives will do anything to milk them.

But that is not "so annoying" to toluxa1. People that are against it are "so annoying" to him. To people like him, they need to be patriotic to cheating.
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sammiel: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
Instead of praising the boys and encouraging them some MUMUS are here criticizing their age and tarnishing our country's immage on net. Football is a game for Entertainmen and the real ages of these boys dont really matter so long as the age-checking machine certifies them ok, after all our economy is not as good as the oyibos' and our hot weather and super-hard-nutrient-lacking local foods make nature to cheat us always in Naija. That's why musa never get bear bear upon him 32yr birthday last month. Lolz!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by deadie(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2011
Sammiel:

Instead of praising the boys and encouraging them some MUMUS are here criticizing their age and tarnishing our country's immage on net. Football is a game for Entertainmen and the real ages of these boys dont really matter so long as the age-checking machine certifies them ok, after all our economy is not as good as the oyibos' and our hot weather and super-hard-nutrient-lacking local foods make nature to cheat us always in Naija. That's why musa never get bear bear upon him 32yr birthday last month. Lolz!

So all this crap is in your attempt to justify cheating?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sammiel: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
deadie:

So all this crap is in your attempt to justify cheating?
Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion and life is not all about misery and frustration like in ur own case; Never in your entire life should you call my post a crap, You little Brat!
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by toluxa1(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
Sagamite:

It is not "so annoying" to you when your only national glories is based of fraud and cheating?

How many 13 year olds do you know that can be highest goal scorer in the league of adults like Stanley Okoro?

That does not "so annoy" you?

Hey! Drop it, Okay? Dont have time to argue this with you. I am not saying some guys don't do age cheating (its done globally), but you guys make it sound like every single person who wears the Nigerian jeysey is 10 years older than they claim. Worst of all you make it sound like it happens only in Nigeria.

Thats all for now
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
toluxa1:

Hey! Drop it, Okay? Dont have time to argue this with you. I am not saying some guys don't do age cheating (its done globally), but you guys make it sound like every single person who wears the Nigerian jeysey is 10 years older than they claim. Worst of all you make it sound like it happens only in Nigeria.

Thats all for now

Done globally or done in backward, unprincipled countries?

Even if every single person is not 10 years older how many are not? That makes it OK? Or you want to deny you are not (at least) suspicious majority of them are well above the age range?
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by olapodapo: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
John Obuh
Re: U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
We are the best footballing nation in Africa.

Nigeria is simply GREAT!

We have won more cups than any other country.

We are the main African country that is ACHIEVING!

WE ARE THE GIANT OF AFRICA.

Thanks to our "BOYS"! grin grin grin

GREAT NATION, GREAT PEOPLE!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739856.0.html#msg9028759

Lets celebrate our GREATNESS! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of NPFL Weekend Matches At Ibadan And Nnewi / Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / Daniel Sturridge And Alberto Moreno Set To Leave Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.