Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,964 members, 7,946,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

Pictures Of London Riot Looters! - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures Of London Riot Looters! (22319 Views)

World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Billions In Foreign Banks / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / New Mayor of London Boris Johnson is Racist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
Britain has degenerated into a Third World HELLHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by LoveKing(m): 12:10am On Aug 11, 2011
signs of the darkness coming
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by 195(f): 12:11am On Aug 11, 2011
why do everyone keep thinking 190 looted

its not fair

moderators do u like what they are saying about me  sad sad cry cry
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by kizito96(m): 1:08am On Aug 11, 2011
What goes around comes around. Who on earth would believe England would get into this. Nigerians dying to travel should learn. America is next
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by manuch(m): 1:25am On Aug 11, 2011
190 cctv saw u now

567  high st
          peckham

they will be able to get you off if you happen to get arrested
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Jburg: 1:39am On Aug 11, 2011
hahahahahaahha, free shopping in London, loooooooooooooooooooollll, !!!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 11, 2011
The newest fun thing. They are all tired of uploading vidoes on youtube, chatting, tweeting, hifiving, facebooking, playing videogames and permit me, nairalanding/poundlanding. This is a fun game to all of them. I can only imagine: "Guy d next place is Peckham, call all ur family and friends 4 free stuffs". D result of joblessness and Idleness. This is very bad.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Mynd44: 3:37am On Aug 11, 2011
This is even more fun to watch on CNN. THEY SHOW IT LIVE!!!!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by sigistmund: 4:52am On Aug 11, 2011
na wa oh, is a shame
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by ceasyc(f): 5:51am On Aug 11, 2011
blimey, uk has gone bonkers! WTF

lcd, plasmas, laptops, electronics - i'm not saying dey shud have done it/looted dem but i can understand grin

but booze n other petty items + burning buildings n stuff = jeezzzzzzzzzz, poverty, insanity or what lousy touts,

wankers, dickheads, opportunists! i guess dey r mostly black briticos or jamos or white low class/white trash on giro/benefits

hope all dem shops n buildings n things destroyed are insured. insurance companies go suffer 4 dis one
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by 195(f): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2011
manuch:

190 cctv saw u now

567  high st
          peckham

they will be able to get you off if you happen to get arrested

GOAT angry angry
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Emmy3(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2011
Hm. . .
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Emmy3(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2011
Amazing . . .
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by islamrules(m): 7:53am On Aug 11, 2011
That is good for britain.
Public looting, this has never happened in Nigeria before. So Nigeria get Oga for crime. And by the way, Nigeria is even better than England. It is only this government calamity that is befalling us. Bad leadership. We have money, oil, good weather e.t.c, Nigeria should be a place where people die to get a visa to enter like USA. But, God punish our leaders.

Wetin dem get for Britain ? Tax and Good Government.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Diligence: 7:56am On Aug 11, 2011
British or Brutish!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Beaf: 8:15am On Aug 11, 2011
Truth is, the UK is a poor country playing at being rich. Such widespread stealing, even in some tiny places like Salford only goes to show the deep rot in society.
These things are an eye opener for foolish people willing to risk life and limb crossing the desert or stowing away on ships, trucks and aircraft to get into Europe. Guys, stay home and develop 9ja where you have immense opportunities.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by islamrules(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2011
Yessooo, for Nija, we get resources, its only these Pot belle politicians wey they enslave us oo. We need to get rid of them
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Davedavy: 9:20am On Aug 11, 2011
Britain's rioters: young, poor and disillusioned

By MEERA SELVA - Associated Press,PAISLEY DODDS - Associated Press

LONDON (AP) — Each of the young rioters who clogged Britain's courthouses painted a bleak picture of a lost generation: a 15-year-old Ukrainian whose mother died, a 17-year-old who followed his cousin into the mayhem, an 11-year-old arrested for stealing a garbage can.

Britain is bitterly divided on the reasons behind the riots. Some blame the unrest on opportunistic criminality, while others say conflicting economic policies and punishing government spending cuts have deepened inequalities in the country's most deprived areas.

Many of the youths themselves struggle to find any plausible answer, but a widespread sense of alienation emerges from their tales.

"Nobody is doing nothing for us — not the politicians, not the cops, no one," a 19-year-old who lives near Tottenham, the blighted London neighborhood where the riots started. He only gave his nickname, "Freddy," because he took part in the looting and was scared of facing prosecution; he was not among the youths in court.

Britain has one of the highest violent crime rates in the EU. Roughly 18 percent of youths between 16 and 24 are jobless and nearly half of all black youths are out of work.

As the government battles colossal government debt with harsh welfare cuts that promise to make the futures of these youths even bleaker, some experts say it's narrow-minded to believe the riots have only been a random outburst of violence unrelated to the current economic crisis.

"There's a fundamental disconnect with a particular section of young Britain and sections of the political establishment," said Matthew Goodwin, a politics professor at University of Nottingham.

"The argument that this doesn't have anything to do with expenditure cuts or economics doesn't stand up to the evidence. If that's true, then what we have here are hundreds of young, crazed kids simply acting irrationally. I don't think that's the case."

Nearly 1,200 people have been arrested since the riots erupted Saturday, mostly poor youths from a broad section of Britain's many races and ethnicities.

Courts have been running nearly 24 hours a day to hear all the cases since the rioting began. Most cases are heard in a blink of an eye and only give a snapshot of some of the youngsters' lives. Many of the defendants haven't had a chance to talk at length with their attorneys, and most can't be named because they are minors.

An 11-year-old boy from Romford, Essex, was among one of the youngest to appear in court on Wednesday. Wearing a blue Adidas tracksuit, the youngster spoke only to confirm his name, age and date of birth.

The boy pleaded guilty to burglary, after stealing a waste bin worth 50 pounds. A charge of violent disorder was dropped.

Attorneys for some of the defendants said their clients were good kids who have caring families but got caught up in the violence.

Daniel Cavaglieri, one of the lawyers for a 17-year-old who appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court, said the youth was studying mechanics and trying to finish school. He was accused of following his older cousin to loot a clothing shop, and charged with intent to steal.

"His mother is furious he was out and about at that time. She genuinely thought he was at a friend's house," Cavaglieri told the court. "He's going to be grounded."

Another defendant, a 15-year-old immigrant from Ukraine, pleaded not guilty to using or threatening unlawful violence. He already has a criminal record for theft, and police said he threw stones and other missiles in the thick of Tuesday's rioting in London's Hackney area.

Prosecutors said the boy is an only child who lives with his widowed father. He came to Britain from Germany three years ago after leaving Ukraine when his mother died.

It's unclear what role racial tensions have played in the riots, if any.

In Tottenham, most residents are white but blacks from Africa or the Caribbean account for around a quarter of the ethnic mix. It's also home to Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Asian immigrants. The rage has appeared to cut across ethnic lines, with poverty as the main common denominator.

But there's a history of racial tension in many of these neighborhoods, and the riots themselves were triggered by the fatal police shooting of a black man in Tottenham.

In 1985, the neighborhood was home to the Broadwater Farm riot, an event seared in the memories of many of the rioters' parents. Back then, violence exploded area when a black woman died from a stroke during a police search. The area remains a hotbed of ethnic tension: In the past year, police have logged some 100 racist or religion based hate crimes.

Other social problems afflict the places where rioting erupted: high teen pregnancy rates, gun crime and drug trafficking.

Under the Labour-led government of Prime Minister Tony Blair, authorities tried to penalize badly behaved youth with Anti-Social Behavior Orders, or ASBOs. The orders have since become badges of honor for many of Britain's youth.

In 2008, there were more than 1 million reported cases of violent crimes in England and Wales alone. By comparison, there were 331,778 reported incidents in France and some 210,885 incidents in Germany. Violent crime carried out by children and teenagers is also among the highest in Europe.

"There's income inequality, extremely high levels of unemployment between 16 and 24-year-olds and huge parts of this population not in education or training," Goodwin said. "There's a general malaise amongst a particular generation."

Britain's Conservative-led government is implementing painful austerity measures in an attempt to get the country's finances in order. Prime Minister David Cameron has pledged 80 billion pounds ($129 billion) of spending cuts and 30 billion pounds in extra taxes to trim Britain's huge deficit, swollen after the government spent billions bailing out foundering banks.

The plans to cut services from welfare to education sparked violent protests last year, as students took to the streets to demonstrate against the tripling of university fees. The government is also cutting civil service jobs and benefits, raising the state pension age from 65 to 66, hiking the amount public sector employees contribute to pensions and reducing their retirement payouts.

The austerity measures will also slash housing benefit payments used to subsidize rents for the low-paid, threatening to price tens of thousands of poor families out of their homes and force them toward the fringes of the country's capital.

Economists at the Centre for Economic Policy Research say such cuts promise more unrest. Most of Britain's deepest cuts haven't even come yet.

"There's usually something that sparks these things off," said Hans-Joachim Voth, a research fellow at the center. "The question is why is it that in 90 percent of these cases that nothing happens? Why is it that some places just end up like a tinder box?"

source: yahoo News.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by nep2ra(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2011
Imagine something like this happening in Nigeria. The Western media in their usual myopic and stereotypical view will be quick to bash Nigerians as the scum of the earth. I laugh this time. They got owned!!!!
It's high time the West came of it's high horse and recognize the fact that crime is a human trait and that no one one country has a monopoly to it.
Well, Third World Citizens, there you go, you have something with which to reply these people when they start again.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by mbulela: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2011
A 23-year-old scaffolder broke down in tears after admitting taking part in the looting in Hackney. Christopher Heart, a father of two from Chingford, was found wearing a pair of new Lacoste trainers and a bodywarmer with the security tag still on at about 11pm on Monday.

He pleaded guilty to entering JD Sports in Mare Street with intent to steal and was bailed under curfew for sentencing at Wood Green crown court.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by pinkrex(m): 10:01am On Aug 11, 2011
Interesting, Life is not a bed of Roses after all.
I've been on CNN all day and they are making most of the broadcasts Adverts. I remember the time of Egypt.

Now I can really see God visiting the nations that exploited some African nations when they had the opportunity.

Its time for Africa to arise.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by emmatok(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2011
islamrules:

That is good for britain.
Public looting, this has never happened in Nigeria before. So Nigeria get Oga for crime. And by the way, Nigeria is even better than England. It is only this government calamity that is befalling us. Bad leadership. We have money, oil, good weather e.t.c, Nigeria should be a place where people die to get a visa to enter like USA. But, God punish our leaders.

Wetin dem get for Britain ? Tax and Good Government.

Just STFU, if such thing had happened in Nigeria, you will be counting dead bodies by now.

Because your Nigerian Police will be shooting every-body with life bullets.

The reason why the looting got to this level is because the Police were just too careful.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by pinkrex(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2011
emmatok:

Just STFU, if such thing had happened in Nigeria, you will be counting dead bodies by now.

The reason why the looting got to this level is because the Police were just too careful.

It cant happen in Nigeria. Even if the police starts shooting with live bullets the peepz are ready to die fighting for their cause.

Show me any Nigerian man that is ready to give his life just to protest and overthrow our pot bellied politicians?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Even you!! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by emmatok(m): 10:38am On Aug 11, 2011
pinkrex:

It cant happen in Nigeria. Even if the police starts shooting with live bullets the peepz are ready to die fighting for their cause.

Show me any Nigerian man that is ready to give his life just to protest and overthrow our pot bellied politicians?? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Even you!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Those people are protesting the way, because they know their Police are too mild due human right activist.

Remember a LM Policeman, is on trial for a man death last year during the G20 .

In Nigeria who will dare protest in the presence of Armed Policemen.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by pinkrex(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2011
emmatok:

Those people are protesting the way, because they know their Police are too mild due human right activist.

Remember a LM Policeman, is on trial for a man death last year during the G20 .

In Nigeria who will dare protest in the presence of Armed Policemen.

Mtcheeeew!! My question is diff and ur answer is also diverted.

Im asking how many Nigerians are ready to die fighting for their rights like the londoners or Egyptians??
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by felifeli: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2011
Damn too funny. It reminds me of the Ugly Britain thread on Nairaland about 2 years ago. can we say Pafun is a prophet or is he the one that mobilised  grin grin
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2011
the UK is an Ugly, Sick Society. Sick, Sick,
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by AmeLonRo(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2011
M M M

''behind every great FORTUNE dere is a great CRIME.''

Hmmn. Pls expatiate, interesting!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by AmeLonRo(m): 11:45am On Aug 11, 2011
I always believe that there is a miracle in every man's house. Look inwards. Greatness is within you not in another, in your country and town, not in another mans.

The book: ''Acres of diamond'' says it all.

May surprise you that Nigerians will yet be begging to travel there. God abeg bless me even in my country and where I am.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nwogeneugo: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
all this people who have caused billions in losses will only get suspended sentence, 9ja people wey arrange marriage to get paper and work to better their life na 7-8years dem go get yeye people.

the whole country should burn to ashes for all i care.

they have lost focus; no family values, no humanity no God, every body do ur thing, parents have abdicated their responsibilties, the kids are not ready to work, uk is really going to the dogs
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by emmatok(m): 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ame Lon Ro:

I always believe that there is a miracle in every man's house. Look inwards. Greatness is within you not in another, in your country and town, not in another mans.

The book: ''Acres of diamond'' says it all.

May surprise you that Nigerians will yet be begging to travel there. God abeg bless me even in my country and where I am.

So because of 4 days riots, Nigeria is now better than the UK. LOL.

The problem is not poverty, People are just opportunistic.

Tell me those peeps stealing Cats are suffering from poverty? grin grin grin

Look, the UK Govt. is going to compensate all those business affected if not insured.

The UK has a riot damages act, so people can claim money.

The casualty is low compared to what Boko-Haram is doing to Nigeria.

Why are you competing a working Govt. with an incompetent one.

Better wake up.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by islamrules(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
Emmatok

F Ur assssss. It cant happen in Nigeria. It is true there is high crime in Nigeria as it is in other countries including UK and US. But, Nigerians work for their money. They dont wait for the government to cook and serve them on the table.

A grown up man stealing coke in the public (Can abject poverty cause this ? This is indiscipline). Can a Nigerian do that ? Its awful and disgusting.

Useless generation, Government doesnt cook for Nigerians, we get our own foods.

They over pampered children with law, they shielded their children from their parent discipline and parenting. It is now not biting the parents alone but the government and the nation as whole. British government called on parents to warn their children. Will they listen to their parents lol, Godless generation and country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biden Grants Pardon For All Federal Convictions Of Simple Possession Of Marijuan / North Korea Fires Four Ballistic Missiles / King Juan Carlos To Leave Spain Amid Corruption Claims

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.