Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,271 members, 7,974,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:01 PM

Pictures Of London Riot Looters! - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures Of London Riot Looters! (22347 Views)

World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Billions In Foreign Banks / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / New Mayor of London Boris Johnson is Racist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by scottN(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
hmmmmm so much photo shopping u don't even know how many pics r real or fake cos i can c a coupla fake ones. undecided
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
Seems some peeps lack sense of humour  tongue

All are actual riot pics albeit photoshopped
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by amy21: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
That's not good
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by darne(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
@Donspony Stop These Your Photoshoped Pictures, We Already Have Your Original Pictures, The Cop Will Deffinitely Do Something About it LOL No Fear Your Pics Are Here lol
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^ Whatever dude undecided
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by WebSurfer(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
see these black men foolich oo, whites are on hoods but they are not, senseless blacks
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by staaari: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
The Govt of UK has failed its people.

These people on the street are the legitmate representatives of the youth.

They deserve the support of freedom loving people worldwide.

They must be free to express themselves like their counterparts in Arab world.
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by mechris: 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
see supposed fine girl de loot! men i tire oo!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by jmaine: 1:25am On Aug 12, 2011
Donspony photoshopped pisure funny oo! grin grin
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2011
lol

Disclaimer - I am not claiming copyright of any of these pics.

Rather culled from this website ==> http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Azania2(f): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2011
The picture of the thief checking out the size of jeans he just stole just kills me, grin
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Azania2(f): 8:36am On Aug 12, 2011
WebSurfer:

see these black men foolich oo, whites are on hoods but they are not, senseless blacks
[quote][/quote]
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 12, 2011
GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS HAS CONFIRMED THIS TO BE THE MOST SHAMEFUL EPISODE EVER IN PECKHAM'S HISTORY,

SHOLA LOOTING POUNDLAND FOR CRISPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by isleman(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2011
Did anyone see arsene wenger looting trophies? grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by ayusman16(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2011
isleman:

Did anyone see arsene wenger looting trophies? grin grin grin

Yes. with your father helping him angry
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by mbulela: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2011
Thursday saw a relentless conveyer-belt of charges, some of them shocking in their alleged violence and brutality, others strikingly banal. Youssuf Addow, 25, charged with burglary of Phones 4 U in Putney, south-west London, carrying "a mallet, a weight and umbrellas". Peter Morgan, 20, accused of stealing "four cans of spray paint, to the value of £28.92" from B&Q in Hornchurch, Essex. Kaine Thorpe, 24, appearing on a charge of handling stolen goods, "namely Footlocker trainers and a mobile phone".

Again and again, the judges repeated the refrain "jurisdiction is declined". They considered the maximum powers of sentencing available to magistrates – six months in prison, or a £5,000 fine – to be insufficient, and so referred the case to the crown courts, where the cases will be heard before a jury. Very few of the accused were granted bail. At least one solicitor outside court six expressed concern at some of the courts' decisions, on a day when David Cameron had vowed that anyone charged with rioting should be remanded in custody and anyone convicted should expect to go to jail.

Rajinder Claire, who was representing several alleged rioters, said defendants who would normally be released on bail were being routinely remanded in custody. "The decisions seem to be being taken in a routine manner without enough consideration for the distinct factors of each case," he told reporters, "It certainly seems to me that it is being motivated by political pressure."

Certainly there were indications, in the comparatively small number of cases that reached sentencing, that magistrates across the country were in little mood for leniency.

In Manchester, Eoin Flanagan, 18, pleaded guilty to theft after he was arrested in Oxford Road with two jumpers and two pieces of musical equipment; he was jailed for eight months.

At Camberwell Green magistrates, Nicholas Robinson, 23, an electrical engineering student with no previous convictions, was jailed for the maximum permitted six months after pleading guilty to stealing bottles of water worth £3.50 from Lidl in Brixton. He had been walking back from his girlfriend's house in the early hours of Monday morning when he saw the store being looted, his lawyer said, and had taken the opportunity to go in and help himself to a case of water because he was thirsty. He was caught up in the moment, and was ashamed of his actions, his defence said.

But the prosecution told judge Alan Baldwin: "This defendant has contributed through his action to criminal activities to the atmosphere of chaos and sheer lawlessness." There were gasps from the public gallery as his sentence was delivered.

The mother of one convicted looter told the Guardian her son – who got 16 weeks for using "threatening or abusive language or behaviour" – had got a much harsher sentence because of the political climate. "If this wasn't the riot he wouldn't even have got a caution," she said. "It's all because of the riots."

Her son Ricky Gemmell had finished his shift at a Manchester call centre on Tuesday evening and gone home to change out of his suit before heading to the city centre; his family say to visit his girlfriend, with no intention of getting involved in trouble. He pleaded guilty, however, to telling officers during the riot: "I'd smash you if you took your uniform off" before being pinned to the ground and arrested. He became the first rioter to be jailed at a Manchester magistrates court session that began on Wednesday morning and ran late into the night.

At his family home in Gorton, south of the city centre, – a neighbourhood of redbrick terraces where episodes of Shameless were filmed – there was some remorse at his behaviour. But his family's main emotion was dismay at his wasted opportunity, mixed with indignation that, in their view, he had been made an example of. Gemmell had been a prefect at school and was an army cadet. He had applied to join the armed forces earlier this year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/11/uk-riots-courtrooms-country
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by nolongTing: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
My-Key:

Why would I look twice at those  fat THIEVING SLAGS,
Quite some neighbours you got there, Bruv,

Bugger off you Pansy!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[size=15pt]My-Keys obsessed with fat THIEVING SLAGS
He drools and sweats like a filthy Stag

My-Keys in love with fat THIEVING SLAGS
what a twisted gay

sing along ,   grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Hertsnite: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2011
Sorry but I live just outside London and I saw what happned with my own eyes, most of the were Africans rioting riot in my country
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
Dude, you're begining to sound like a loser fighting a lost cause.

All you ever do is go around pointing out Africans undecided
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by baslone: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hertsnite:

Sorry but I live just outside London and I saw what happned with my own eyes, most of the were Africans rioting riot in my country

Are you white?
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2011
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article492642.ece

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Britain ‘four meals away from anarchy’

MODERN civilisation may not be quite as safe as we thought. Britain’s security services have been privately warning their staff that western societies are just 48 hours from anarchy.

MI5’s maxim is that society is “four meals away from anarchy”. In other words, the security agency believes that Britain could be quickly reduced to large-scale disorder, including looting and rioting in the event of a catastrophe that stops the supply of food.

There is evidence that the breakdown of order could be caused partly by the first pangs of hunger but more likely by panic.

This could occur if, for example, a bomb attack prevented food getting into an area or if computer systems were attacked by hackers, throwing the electricity, food and water networks into chaos. Alternatively, an attack by biological, nuclear or radiological weapons could result in an area being cordoned off.

It is likely that the people affected would immediately buy up all the food available. As supplies ran out, the public might try to break through cordons or start competing violently for available food.

It is estimated that after as little as four missed meals, a “law of the jungle” would take over, in which citizens resorted to looting or violence to find food.

The possible breakdown in order, MI5 believes, could occur in isolated pockets or, less probably, across the country.

Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by nolongTing: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
My-Key:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article492642.ece

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Britain ‘four meals away from anarchy’

MODERN civilisation may not be quite as safe as we thought. Britain’s security services have been privately warning their staff that western societies are just 48 hours from anarchy.

MI5’s maxim is that society is “four meals away from anarchy”. In other words, the security agency believes that Britain could be quickly reduced to large-scale disorder, including looting and rioting in the event of a catastrophe that stops the supply of food.

There is evidence that the breakdown of order could be caused partly by the first pangs of hunger but more likely by panic.

This could occur if, for example, a bomb attack prevented food getting into an area or if computer systems were attacked by hackers, throwing the electricity, food and water networks into chaos. Alternatively, an attack by biological, nuclear or radiological weapons could result in an area being cordoned off.

It is likely that the people affected would immediately buy up all the food available. As supplies ran out, the public might try to break through cordons or start competing violently for available food.

It is estimated that after as little as four missed meals, a “law of the jungle” would take over, in which citizens resorted to looting or violence to find food.

The possible breakdown in order, MI5 believes, could occur in isolated pockets or, less probably, across the country.

[size=13pt]why have you neglected your wife? She needs some rice and maggi cubes and a smelly snog. Why are you obsessing over the poundland rioter? you two-timing loser! lol! [/size] grin grin grin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by lepasharon(f): 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
TUNE INTO YOUNG VOTERS QUESTION TIME BBC 3 !
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by cap28: 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
A 16-year-old London riot looter has bragged about his 'shopping spree' to provide for his baby son and family.

The yob was part of a group who stole iPads, Blackberry tablets, games consoles, laptops, clothes, trainers and even nappies for their children, during two nights of looting across Lewisham, Catford, Bromley and Clapham.

The teen, wearing a grey hoodie and scarf to protect his identity, told Sky News: "Everything we wanted we could get, I done this basically to provide for my family. I got some stuff for my son and I got some stuff for me, like some clothes, trainers."

Reporter Tom Parmenter asks the boy: "You're 16, but you were getting stuff for your son?"

He replies: "Yeah (laughs) I had to get some stuff for him. I got him clothes, nappies, powder, the whole Johnson [& Johnson] set."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/12/london-riots-teen-dad-brags-he-got-the-whole-johnson-johnson-set-looting-for-his-baby-son-115875-23339118/

The 16-year-old says he stole for his family (Pic: Sky News)

The gang say society has "let them down" (Pic: Sky News)

Asked if he had any bad feelings about what he had done and whether he thought about his actions in bed at night he arrogantly replied: "No because I'm watching my plasma that I just got. It feels like Christmas came early, ya know?"

The group, all aged 16 or 17, say they drove around London filling up a transit van several times over with stolen goods.

A 17-year-old admitted that he made a special trip to Clapham Junction to rob a Comet store where he had been refused work.

He said: "It was Comet - they didn't reply to me emailing my CV, or going up there so this was payback man, payback."

Another teen added: "We expect to make at least £2,000. That's nice actually, for not paying for nothing.

"Its all free. Two grand for a couple of days a week is nice. That's good pay."

The group say society has "let them down".

The young dad added: "Everytime I go out in to Bromley, the West End I dress as smart as I can. I even beg my mum for a new pair of trainers, a pair of smart shoes. I got out and hand out my CV, you know, talk the politest I can, but no, they ain't noticing me, so obviously if they ain't noticing me from that I'm going to have to start doing it a different way."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/12/london-riots-teen-dad-brags-he-got-the-whole-johnson-johnson-set-looting-for-his-baby-son-115875-23339118/#ixzz1UqpAhmYu
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by coogar: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2011

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/12/london-riots-teen-dad-brags-he-got-the-whole-johnson-johnson-set-looting-for-his-baby-son-115875-23339118/#ixzz1UqpAhmYu

i saw this on tv and i was laughing.
payback time cos comet didn't reply his job application. . . .i love it. grin
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by ceasyc(f): 2:34am On Aug 13, 2011
looting poundland where dem dey sell almost everything for 1 pound

or less
? BLOODY NUTTERS/LOW LIFES. hissesssssssss

abi make i go oxford street/circus go loot dem big stores, even harrods, selfridges, all dem shopping malls/shopping centres

like bluewater, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, etc
grin grin grin. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

i wont dare sha cos NA HIDE I GO HIDE 4 MY ROOM OR BASEMENT but na wa oh
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by DisGuy: 3:16am On Aug 13, 2011
ceasyc:

looting poundland where dem dey sell almost everything for 1 pound

or less
? BLOODY NUTTERS/LOW LIFES. hissesssssssss

abi make i go oxford street/circus go loot dem big stores, even harrods, selfridges, all dem shopping malls/shopping centres

like bluewater, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, Lakeside Shopping Centre, etc
grin grin grin. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

i wont dare sha cos NA HIDE I GO HIDE 4 MY ROOM OR BASEMENT but na wa oh

You can loot everywhere but THOSE places you mentioned are no go areas!!
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by blackgucci(m): 4:40am On Aug 13, 2011
A dangote cement truck brokedown close to my area and before dawn the truck was empty, i laugh @ those saying this cant happen in nigeria
ask cocacola , guiness or nigerian breweries how many times thier broken down vehicles have been massively looted?
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by DisGuy: 4:53am On Aug 13, 2011
blackgucci:

A dangote cement truck brokedown close to my area and before dawn the truck was empty, i laugh @ those saying this cant happen in nigeria
ask cocacola , guiness or nigerian breweries how many times thier broken down vehicles have been massively looted?

Read about a truck driver putting out fire with the help of onlookers along the lagos ibadan expressway, they then helped themselves to cartoons of fish, abi

something like that sha
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by DisGuy: 4:57am On Aug 13, 2011
blackgucci:

But as some sympathised with the driver and praised him for his bravery, others defied the fire to steal the fish cartons of inside the container.

Our correspondent, who visited the scene of the inferno, noticed youths and women, falling over one another to steal cartons of fish.

A sympathiser, who refused to disclose his name, was perturbed at the turn of event, wondering why the crowd should be so inhuman and wicked by stealing from the burning vehicle. “We are supposed to be our brothers’ keepers, but what is happening is unimaginable. Imagine, people who are supposed to be pitied are being stolen from. This is a reflection of poverty in the land. Imagine, these same people were helping the driver to put out the fire; but the same people are now stealing the goods,” the sympathiser said.

The men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, who visited the scene, could only control traffic from degenerating, but could not prevent the crowd from ransacking the lorry.

The Unit Commander, FRSC, Mowe, Ogun State, Mr. Olalekan Morakinyo, who was disturbed by the theft, called the police to come and salvage the situation.
As at the time of leaving the scene by 4pm, the crowd was still busy stealing cartons of fish as policemen were yet to arrive. However, the men of the fire service from Ogun State were busy making frantic efforts to put out the fire on the container.

Punch
Re: Pictures Of London Riot Looters! by blackgucci(m): 5:15am On Aug 13, 2011
^
lmao.
At least you dont need a city wide riot to loot publicly in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter And Facebook Lock Donald Trump's Account After Violence On Capitol Hill / US Election 2016 Results: Donald Trump Gaining Edge Over Hilary Clinton / King Juan Carlos To Leave Spain Amid Corruption Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.