Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,395 members, 7,932,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:27 AM

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account (34660 Views)

Court Remands Health Worker And 3 Others For Dismembering Hunchback Man In Benue / Female Health Worker, Fruit Seller Shot As Police Engage Robbers In Abia / Health Worker In Rivers Sleeps With Man She Hired To Kill Her Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Tayorshd2(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Check obi urchins they will b d one to do such dubious work
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
That bank should be sold off...

Olorun..Old and outdated ATM machines

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by dex4sure: 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
Person dey ontop your money dey catch cruise.....Nigeria don waa
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by BloomingDale(f): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
That's why I got a virtual debit card that I use online. I will soon get a utility debit card for offline transactions. No using my main debit card. It's safe at home.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Msmither: 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
He's not telling the truth, he gave them the OTP which I think is only necessary on the first transaction, the rest doesn't need the otp since the card is saved so they took all his money.

12 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Tegabadguy(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by mastermaestro(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

Na wetin happen be that.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Solitechworld(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
damosade:
You personally revealed your card details to a scammer and you expect Gtb to perform a magic,

He did not reveal his card details, to me it seems the Gtbank Customer service agent that issues the card is the one that performed the magic.. he should be investigated!

4 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Sonyboom765: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nonetheless don't give it out cos bank staff don't have details of card

Thomthom:
Forget that thing yahoo workers don full banks this days... the day my wife collect ATM card, that night someone called her to give her the last 5 digit.. how the person take no say my wife don collect ATM card if not the workers in the Bank

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by vickydevoka(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
Calibrator:
Customers will never come clean about loose guarding sensitive data like BVN, OTP to fraudsters.

All blame always placed at the financial institutions door cheesy
You are right. He is not telling the whole story

3 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by israelmao(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
This is not good for a top-notch bank.I suspect an inside job with link of syndicate but it's unfortunate you fell this trap.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Belbad(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
1.6m in this economy... But i personally reason that the bank is partilly involved in the act. How else can you explain it?
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by SeaTrade(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
No dey loseguard with your card details especially at POS points or when making payments with your card.
Some of these workers could be smart enough to memorise your card number and hand them over to fraudsters for their own cut.
I always dey watch them like hawk when making card payments.

8 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Halo22: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
I think there's something wrong with the GTCO system. We can't count the number of reports that people have lodged in against them and it's unfortunate that the management of the bank is lackadaisical about the whole issue.

2 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Jostoman: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Calibrator:
Customers will never come clean about loose guarding sensitive data like BVN, OTP to fraudsters.

All blame always placed at the financial institutions door cheesy
GTB and Access bank are very useless this days.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Jostoman: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
I don tire for GTB matter, if somebody send you 1,000 now you will see alert of 1,000 but you will only see 880 naira in your balance.

11 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Yankee101: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
He obviously gave out his details during the phone call

Don't request for an atm for your main savings account

Have at least 2 accounts. Transfer small money you wish to spend from your main savings to your spending account which can have an ATM

Also you can adjust your maximum daily limit

9 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by leetylee: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
Thomthom:
Forget that thing yahoo workers don full banks this days... the day my wife collect ATM card, that night someone called her to give her the last 5 digit.. how the person take no say my wife don collect ATM card if not the workers in the Bank
I had similar experience, mine two days after receiving my ATM card and before that day one of the marketing staff warned me about strange number calling to request for my card details that I shouldn't pick it and yes they did called, the moment the person asked if I've collected my card I dropped the call and blocked the number since then I haven't had any disturbance or suspicious happening with my account.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Starz825(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
I doubt if he changed his password after collecting his new ATM card...
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by mastermaestro(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
Msmither:
He's not telling the truth, he gave them the OTP which I think is only necessary on the first transaction, the rest doesn't need the otp since the card is saved so they took all his money.

Dude supplied the caller sensitive info. He doesn't want to own up so he doesn't jeopardize his chances of recovery.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by OgaDeyVex: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
highchief1:
acc that have such funds shouldn’t have atm.my atm account is only funded when I want to use atm.i lost 276k with fidelity bank so I learnt the hard way.

How Did It Happen?
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Lovelife433(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Why is that dis GTB can be easily manipulate? Last month my #18,900 was moved without trace haba.

4 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by theamazonguru(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
TarOrfeeek:
GT Bank is a very compromised bank right now.

For your peace move your money.

I have since abandoned them.
After they claimed I am owing them.

The story:
My Younger brother wanted to apply to a school, so he needed to buy the application form online.
He sent 20k to me so I could help him with the application.
I had 3k in the account before then.
So my balance became 23k.

After Initiated the transaction, I paid 21k.
So I should have a balance of 2k.

Note, I noticed from my app, that the payment I made was not moved to the merchant immediately. It reflected in my ledger balance.
Then my main balance showed 2k.
To me this figure was right, I wasn't moved, knowing fully well that before 24 hrs they would remit the cash to the merchant, and I would not see it again on my dashboard.

This they did after few days.

I continued with my business, only for me to receive a debit alert after few weeks.
A debit of same 21k.
What the heck, does that mean I would pay for the same thing twice.
Impossible.

So I saw that my balance was reading -19k.
I then decided to abandon the account.

Since that day they have been sending me debit alert even after I have long abandoned the account.
What if I had enough balance in the account that period, tht is how I would have paid that 21k twice just like that.

And to think this is an account I have been using to build my credit rating
This account has done over 50m cash transaction.
I was hoping to use it for my Japa runz.

I had to abandon it.what a Pity.
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by phemmyfour: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
She was careless with her details but won't own up to her mistake

1 Like

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by macjurek(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please involve the police with all your evidence ,it is an insider deal.

Also report to the following:
1.Federal Consumers Council
2.EFCC Office
3.Report to CBN.

God will help you.......In Jesus Name ���

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Midex88(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bank Workers and scam... 5/6
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Rubbiish(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
Msmither:
Exactly @bold
He excluded that in the report
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by darkCoal: 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2022
It is my bank, planning to move my money to another bank. I can't trust them with my money any longer

4 Likes

Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Starz825(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2022
Israeli072011:
Filling a card dispute form takes 45 working days before you get any response, (that's if there would be a positive response) that's how the other day, my brother using Gtbank just started receiving debit alert from Kenya in dollar equivalent ON A ZERO ACCOUNT BALANCE OOH ( there was no money in the account) the Ops head said she has never experienced anything like that since she came to the bank. they debited him till the account got to -39k, that was when I called someone to block the account.
after a while he received a credit alert that took the account back to #0.00 another time he received an alert of 38k.

Strange things happening in banks.
This banking activities are computerized...so once there is a systematic fault somewhere ..it will start misbehaving.....
They fit don even credit you 1m before for your acct make you no know... grin
Re: N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account by Rubbiish(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Solitechworld:

He did not reveal his card details, to me it seems the Gtbank Customer service agent that issues the card is the one that performed the magic.. he should be investigated!
No, he was the one that revealed it.
Read the report, he received a call and the caller read out some numbers? Does that connect? He excluded the part of revealing his code. If it was an insider job, he wouldn't receive a call in the first place.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Background, Exploits, Victims Of Evans, Nigeria’s Most Dreaded Kidnap Kingpin / Police Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen During Fierce Gun Battle / Worker Knocks Off Indian Boss’ 7 Teeth Over Unpaid Salary (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.