Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,198 members, 7,873,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead (9388 Views)

Rebecca Aikhomu And Her Children Kidnapped In Edo / Breaking News: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead / Maryam Ibrahim Babangida By Augustus Aikhomu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by jamace(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
I do not have respect or support any of these individuals listed, but one can easily measure how civilized a culture is by the way its dead are treated.[/b]Aikhomu is gone, thank God we are still here. The question is, what plans do YOU have to enhance the developmental standards of your country?

You are in Liberia and probably a Liberian, eh? Ok, you may not [b]feel
the tough times Nigeria and Nigerians are going through because of the maladministration and corruption of these men, but atleast you have heard or read about the pitiable condition these beasts in the name of leaders have put the citizens. I don't want to talk more, the voice on this forum is the voice of the people. So, judge for yourself.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
jamace:

You are in Liberia and probably a Liberian, eh? Ok, you may not feel the tough times Nigeria and Nigerians are going through because of the maladministration and corruption of these men, but atleast you have heard or read about the pitiable condition these beasts in the name of leaders have put the citizens. I don't want to talk more, the voice on this forum is the voice of the people. So, judge for yourself.

Don't mind him. He pulled the metric platitude out of his arse!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
I used to think it was NIGERIAN not to speak ill of the dead but I guess I am WRONG.

If you were in Nigerian or old enough to see for your self during the IBB years, there was no mistake who was in charge or who called the shots, if you are now going to blame a dead guy for not disassociating himself from a military decision, you must not be aware of military guidelines and principles.

Was AAA the only other member of AFRC? I do remember him being succeeded as the chief of Naval staff by Patrick "woman wrapper"Koshoni (hip hip OLE was the shout from Naval officers and ratings at his pulling out parade), why are some of these venom not being directed at those of them that are still alive instead of insulting the dead?

Nigeria's first Admiral by the way!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by BigB11(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
I do not have respect or support any of these individuals listed, but one can easily measure how civilized a culture is by the way its dead are treated.
Aikhomu is gone, thank God we are still here. The question is, what plans do YOU have to enhance the developmental standards of your country?
Absolutely on point.

Augustus Aikhomu, rest in peace.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by BigB11(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
I used to think it was NIGERIAN not to speak ill of the dead but I guess I am WRONG.

If you were in Nigerian or old enough to see for your self during the IBB years, there was no mistake who was in charge or who called the shots, if you are now going to blame a dead guy for not disassociating himself from a military decision, you must not be aware of military guidelines and principles.
Great point.

It is important to clearly understand the difference btw Military regime and Democracy regime, unfortunately, many of us have no idea.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
Big B1:

Great point.

It is important to clearly understand the difference btw Military regime and Democracy regime, unfortunately, many of us have no idea.

Explain the difference and how IBB did good.

I wait. I want to see what "idea" you have.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by BigB11(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
Nigeria's first Admiral by the way!
ogajim:

Wow, really?
I did not know, thanks for the info.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Sagamite, There is no joint decision in the military, if you're the commander, you lead and others from your 2IC down FOLLOW your ORDER, Last time I checked, you didn't have any right to challenge your commander's order, Ukiwe(at that time actually the most senior officer in Nigeria) was humiliated out of office and service by IBB for that very reason in 1986.

You all blame Abacha for all the killings that happened during his regime but now want IBB's government to be a group effort, you can't have it both ways, I forgot, Abacha is dead! Though no one has come forward with any proof that Abacha knew everything that went on or signed off on everyone that was killed.

There is no other country where Shakespeare's "the good are often interred with their bones" is  on display more than Nigeria.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
Big B1:

ogajim:

Wow, really?
I did not know, thanks for the info.

Yes he was Nigeria's first Admiral, Wey, Soroh, Adelenwa and Akin Aduwo before him all retired as Vice Admirals.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by BigB11(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2011
Disrespecting the dead will not solve anything, but empowers the rest of the people you're calling enemies.

When Abacha died, just like what we are seeing today on Nairaland, Nigerians mostly came out with full force with all kinds of negative comments about the dude (Abacha). Here we are today after almost 15 years still nursing the same sh1t, the same defective system with absolutely nothing changed positively.
What most of us do not understand is, as 1 Abacha dies another 1000 younger Abachas are entering the system left and right. If it makes you feel good about yourselves, you can carry on and pour out negative comments on these folks as you want, but the fact remains the same; Nigeria as a nation will remain the same until we are all ready to get our lazy behind out there, join hands and work together toward making this country number 1 once again.

Just in case you do not know, FYI: Younger politicians in Nigeria today are more aggressive, corrupt, sharp and have absolutely nothing to offer this country, but yet many of us think they are the solution to all our trouble. I guess, it is true that a blind man is a blind man.
So, you can continue to wait and rejoice as the older ones die out, but I can guarantee you that it doesn't mean anything; their younger replacements are ready to take over and do what you guys love the most (take you for a long ride).

I wonder how long it will take to realize that our issues in Nigeria are bigger than just pin-head politicians, if that wasn't the case Nigerians would have done what Egyptians did a few months ago many years ago.  But we have no true leadership among ourselves, no courage, no self respect, no plans, no future; everybody just want to eat and sh1t.

Just look in the mirror.

Augustus Aikhomu did his part, what are your plans?
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by lastpage: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
Bleep! Not someone else again! angry angry angry

What of our "dear beloved IBB" ? grin grin wink
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
Our problems were created by a handful of looters,  They had the opportunity to make change happen, but they threw it out the window.

So now reality is catching up with them, and you expect me to weep Imagine if Fashola passed away, I'm Sure there are millions of people who will sympathise with his family,  Death is natural and its the ultimate end to everything we do, 

Lets just watch as the bigger picture unfolds,  If we choose to destroy our country in the name of greed, we should also be prepared for the aftermath,

Its time we unite together and fight this monster called repression.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by eros(m): 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2011
May his soul rot in Hell.

May his family have the dignity and fortitude to feed his body to vultures.

Arsehole!

Bros you harsh ooooo.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
ogajim:

@Sagamite, There is no joint decision in the military, if you're the commander, you lead and others from your 2IC down FOLLOW your ORDER, Last time I checked, you didn't have any right to challenge your commander's order, Ukiwe(at that time actually the most senior officer in Nigeria) was humiliated out of office and service by IBB for that very reason in 1986.

You all blame Abacha for all the killings that happened during his regime but now want IBB's government to be a group effort, you can't have it both ways, I forgot, Abacha is dead! Though no one has come forward with any proof that Abacha knew everything that went on or signed off on everyone that was killed.

There is no other country where Shakespeare's "the good are often interred with their bones" is  on display more than Nigeria.

Rubbish!

You have a Military Supreme council and there are individuals that carry weight there even if the commander has far more.

So you are saying it is OK he followed orders that destroyed lives? Whilst enriching himself? And Ukiwe was a fool?

So loads of people against Abacha were dropping dead, no investigation was done and those praise-singing him were buying new cars and houses and you are requesting for a recording of Abacha giving instructions of killings?
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Koikoi(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
Ignorance is a disease. understand a situation first, before jumping to conclusions. most of the views on this tread are based on ignorance. military regimes have no respect for disloyalty. obey an order the exact way it was given. that's the tradition!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
Koikoi:

Ignorance is a disease. understand a situation first, before jumping to conclusions. most of the views on this tread are based on ignorance. military regimes have no respect for disloyalty. obey an order the exact way it was given. that's the tradition!

Idiocy is a crime.

So if you are a military man seeing evil being done, you cannot retire? You wait, join in, execute the evil and enrich yourself and say you are faultless?

Don't come to conclusion before you use your brain.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by cre8tivity(f): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
Disrespecting the dead will not solve anything, but empowers the rest of the people you're calling enemies.

When Abacha died, just like what we are seeing today on Nairaland, Nigerians mostly came out with full force with all kinds of negative comments about the dude (Abacha). Here we are today after almost 15 years still nursing the same sh1t, the same defective system with absolutely nothing changed positively.
What most of us do not understand is, as 1 Abacha dies another 1000 younger Abachas are entering the system left and right. [/b]If it makes you feel good about yourselves, you can carry on and pour out negative comments on these folks as you want, but the fact remains the same; Nigeria as a nation will remain the same until we are all ready to get our lazy behind out there, join hands and work together toward making this country number 1 once again.

Just in case you do not know, [b]FYI: Younger politicians in Nigeria today are more aggressive, corrupt, sharp and have absolutely nothing to offer this country
, but yet many of us think they are the solution to all our trouble. I guess, it is true that a blind man is a blind man.
So, you can continue to wait and rejoice as the older ones die out, but I can guarantee you that it doesn't mean anything; their younger replacements are ready to take over and do what you guys love the most (take you for a long ride).

I wonder how long it will take to realize that our issues in Nigeria are bigger than just pin-head politicians, if that wasn't the case Nigerians would have done what Egyptians did a few months ago many years ago. But we have no true leadership among ourselves, no courage, no self respect, no plans, no future; everybody just want to eat and sh1t.

Just look in the mirror.

Augustus Aikhomu did his part, what are your plans?
chikida!, alunta!, makali!, acabar!, aplicar!, acabado, case closed!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2011
No comments
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sagamite:

Rubbish!

You have a Military Supreme council and there are individuals that carry weight there even if the commander has far more.

So you are saying it is OK he followed orders that destroyed lives? Whilst enriching himself? And Ukiwe was a fool?

So loads of people against Abacha were dropping dead, no investigation was done and those praise-singing him were buying new cars and houses and you are requesting for a recording of Abacha giving instructions of killings?

It shows you really don't know how the Military works or intended to work, you can be sent to a court-martial for refusal to follow direct orders, I don't know that you have ever seen a Ship with two captains, if you've ever been on a Naval Ship/vessel, you'll have a better understanding.

There were other "issues" going on with Ukiwe if you know Nigerian history because he was actually SENIOR to everyone in that Government with Bali the only probable exception. You can see why he wouldn't want to be there knowing how much power Idiagbon wielded and him being sort of "disrespected",

Folks need to research before commenting sometimes! angry
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by alexleo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2011
you people should stop this rest in peace nonsense.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
ogajim:

It shows you really don't know how the Military works or intended to work, you can be sent to a court-martial for refusal to follow direct orders, I don't know that you have ever seen a Ship with two captains, if you've ever been on a Naval Ship/vessel, you'll have a better understanding.

There were other "issues" going on with Ukiwe if you know Nigerian history because he was actually SENIOR to everyone in that Government with Bali the only probable exception. You can see why he wouldn't want to be there knowing how much power Idiagbon wielded and him being sort of "disrespected",

Folks need to research before commenting sometimes! angry

And you will be court marshaled if you retired?

Is it by force to stay in the military?

You think it does not require some certain traits and behaviours before someone becomes selected by other crooks into such positions?

Folks need to think before commenting sometimes!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^^

Since you appear to come from Shagamu, why not ask Diya from Odogbolu to comment about his involvement in a coup to remove Abacha? Ever regretted a position you were part of publicly and if so, what purpose did it serve?
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
ogajim:

^^^

Since you appear to come from Shagamu, why not ask Diya from Odogbolu to comment about his involvement in a coup to remove Abacha? Ever regretted a position you were part of publicly and if so, what purpose did it serve?

I don't get your point. How did Diya become and epitome of principles?

Is that your answer to my questions?

Is that thinking before commenting?
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
Sagamite:

And you will be court marshaled if you retired?

Is it by force to stay in the military?

You think it does not require some certain traits and behaviours before someone becomes selected by other crooks into such positions?

Folks need to think before commenting sometimes!

Any retired Military officer can be recalled to active duty by the COAS or C in C if it is warranted, you don't get your full benefits as a retired General for nothing,

Only reason I brought Diya in is to reinforce the fact that most people don't look back after being part of decisions made in the past unless they have an agenda. Decisions of the SMC/AFRC are collective decisions though some people's opinion might carry more weight.

I hope this releases me from "further obligations" cheesy
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
ogajim:

Any retired Military officer can be recalled to active duty by the COAS or C in C if it is warranted, you don't get your full benefits as a retired General for nothing,

Only reason I brought Diya in is to reinforce the fact that most people don't look back after being part of decisions made in the past unless they have an agenda. Decisions of the SMC/AFRC are collective decisions though some people's opinion might carry more weight.

I hope this releases me from "further obligations" cheesy

So is this the excuse for the dead arsehole not retiring?

He did not retire to avoid doing evil because the COAS has the liberty to call him back, hence he went ahead with the destruction of our Nation?

That is the excuse?

So you admit that like Diya he is part of the "collective" decision makers that ruined Nigeria?
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^^
Dude, get a grip, I am not making excuses for no one just stating the FACTS as I see them, I don't know what you stand to gain from cursing a dead person, I remember enough about my culture not to do that.

God remains the ultimate judge, go to Ota and deal with the devil there who's still alive instead of chasing shadows, typical Nigerians treat the dead as meat, each and everyone of us ("rich or poor"winkmust give account of their stewardship .

If you actually know the Nigerian armed forces well, you will know there are Generals in all service branches with the same last name so you might see another one of them again LOL grin

Do what you can for your country and forget what you think others should have done!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
ogajim:

^^^
Dude, get a grip, I am not making excuses for no one just stating the FACTS as I see them, I don't know what you stand to gain from cursing a dead person, I remember enough about my culture not to do that.

God remains the ultimate judge, go to Ota and deal with the devil there who's still alive instead of chasing shadows, typical Nigerians treat the dead as meat, each and everyone of us ("rich or poor"winkmust give account of their stewardship .

If you actually know the Nigerian armed forces well, you will know there are Generals in all service branches with the same last name so you might see another one of them again  LOL grin

Do what you can for your country and forget what you think others should have done! 

You are foool!

You are not making excuses, so what is this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-738342.96.html#msg8954272

So what should I go and do in Otta? Arrant idiotic statement.

Secondly, OBJ is the best President Nigeria ever had, no matter how crude he is.

Continue following a daft culture, I redifine the stewpid culture.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Pataki: 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
There is no peace for the wicked.

Augustus was part and parcel of the problem of Nigeria.

May his soul rot in the deepest and gnashing part of hell.

Sweetest riddance to bad rubbish.

SO shall his fate befall all those who have troubled this country and brought this country to shame. Inclusive of OBJ and GEJ.

Awon weere oloriburuku eda.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
Sagamite:

You are foool!

You are not making excuses, so what is this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-738342.96.html#msg8954272

So what should I go and do in Otta? Arrant idiotic statement.

Secondly, OBJ is the best President Nigeria ever had, no matter how crude he is.

Continue following a daft culture, I redifine the stewpid culture.

I refuse to condescend to your level of communication, LOL@OBJ being the best president ever, shows your level of understanding!

The man who has reaped where he didn't sow TWICE before our very own eyes, committed gross CRIMINAL ACT ( installing Shehu Shagari instead of the rightful winner of the elections just to cover their rear ends) is the best in your books, now I am learning about your standards of public office.

Is it no the Yorubas that say "until the rotten tooth is pulled away, the mouth must chew with caution"? Maybe you need to take your own advise dude cheesy
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
ogajim:

I refuse to condescend to your level of communication, LOL@OBJ being the best president ever, shows your level of understanding!

The man who has reaped where he didn't sow TWICE before our very own eyes, committed gross CRIMINAL ACT ( installing Shehu Shagari instead of the rightful winner of the elections just to cover their rear ends) is the best in your books, now I am learning about your standards of public office.

Is it no the Yorubas that say "until the rotten tooth is pulled away, the mouth must chew with caution"? Maybe you need to take your own advise dude cheesy

State the Nigerian leaders that were better than OBJ.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
OBJ is the worst leader we ever had!

He led during a time of record high oil prices and he never advanced Nigeria in 8years of uninterrupted rule.

He devalue Naira 500%

Raised inflation

Massacred whole communities in the Niger Delta

I personally estimate that given amount of record high oil revenue realised, during his tenure he looted over $100 billion (N2.5 trillion).

He even mismanaged our national Airline and closed it down.

The man was a disaster for Nigeria he needs to rot in jail!! angry

Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogajim(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^

Don't mind this Sagamite dude, he must be wearing his Yoruba hat every waking moment if he thinks OBJ was the best.

PDP (and who is the BOT chair?)has ruined whatever was left of the Country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gani Adams Warns Boko Haram To Stay Away From Yoruba Land / APC Set To Counter Falsehood Against Tinubu / Ogun Governorship: Don’t Rejoice Yet, Adebutu Tells Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.