Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,722 members, 7,972,652 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? (20731 Views)

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? / How Do You Deal With Job Rejection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Greattha: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2022
It's not about the rejection.
It's about how you've decided to take said rejection.

Rejection is a stepping stone. The moment you see it as such, your friend and not your enemy, things will start to happen for you.

What did you do with the rejection? Its supposed to help you sharpen your skills, upgrade your CV, seek more knowledge on matters etc. Doing these things with rejection will give you an advantage in your next interview or endeavor.

Rejection, especially from job opportunities means you have a problem/challenge that you need to face, change, improve,adjust or upgrade. Once you make those corrections, you'll overcome.

I'm no motivational speaker but I'm telling you based on what I have experieneced.

Never think you're the only one being rejected. It happens to the best of us.

There are NGO jobs all around. Just look around.

Think of what you're good at considering work you've done in the past, put together a cv and go from there.

Most people have experience that they're not aware they have.

Example, if you've supervised any project, be it building to completion, set up a small or medium business(wether it succeeded or not), etc, that is a form of Project management experience(It's not until you get the prof qualification....though it's an added advantage to have such)....but most peeps don't even know....same with some other small soft skills/things we do in life that when added to our profiles can boost chances.

Be positive and avoid depression.

Goodness34:
depression is killing me, i tried alot of jobs but i could not secure any, now i even have phobia and i feel hopeless.

The only business i could have put in which is selling of petrol, kerosine and engine oil failed because its will cost atleast 20k to start.

How do i go about this please brothers and sisters?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Studymore123:

Sorry for your depression. Please do the things that you enjoy and reflect on the positive things in life. If you can raise 5k, I'll send you 15k for your business.
good morning please this is my account number 824292018 8 wema bank mustepha hassan
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by businessgirl(f): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

As someone who has suffered in abuja.
Mine is wuse 4 near the market. I walked there a lot.

Anyway, I know of writing gigs that pay about 150$ monthly.
You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

If your interested mention.
I'll link you up.
Hi dear I'm interested. Can you give me your contact please. Mine is on my signature. Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2022
kroger:

Send me a DM.. No need to get depressed I will assist you with #20,000k.
God bless u sir
8242 9201 88 wema bank mustepha hassan sir.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Aboliko7: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

You don't need anything except you phone, data to make uploads and some free time.

I won't ask you for money, but when you make good money and are balance, I would ask you to find a person who truly needs it and build that person too.

I'll link you up.

I'm interested
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by businessgirl(f): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

Can you write?
I told the other girl what I can help with.
This is all I can help with to you too.
Hi!
I'm interested please. I have a phone but no system. I believe I can write and get better on the job.
Can I have your contact? Mine is on my signature
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Goodness34: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2022
MyExpression:

Do you mean 20k or 200k?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by businessgirl(f): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2022
olalekan1:
A startup company in BAUCHI has been looking for a female accountant for the past six months, no serious person applied. Most that applied wanted to take the job as a side hustle. They don't want to work 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday for 40k salary.

Getting job in this current Nigeria require sacrifice from the job seeker. Sometime you have to let down your ego for glory to find you.
I wish I was in bauchi. Is there accommodation?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Absolutely nothing! I was driving the minibus from Issele-Uku to Asaba. My family is at Issele-Uku. It is not easy to even to eat since then. I just pity my kids and wife. My number and Whatsapp is zero eight zero two five double nine seven three six nine.
How old are you?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 9:32am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
How old are you?
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by jericco1(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2022
graciamore:
So painful..I cried my eyes out yesterday, have been going for this particular interview since last month, I have been called to that place like 7times in wuse2, from one stage to another. The secretary called me on Wednesday that madam will like to see me,she assured me to get prepared for medicals and all...she told me to be there by 10:00am, I came and was told to wait till 3:00pm before I could see her, of course I patiently waited for her..las las I no get the job didn't know when tears effortlessly flow down from my eyes...I stood there and taught about soooo many things ranging from the transportation I have spent on this particular interview alone ... I kept singing not to break down on the road.

It is well

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sweetmaama(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Dude, we are just on the same boat. Mine is three kids and a wife. I have really looked for
another job again severally but to no avail. I have good driving and electrical and electronic skills. Lack of capital is killing me and family slowly. Due to lack of food, ulcer has set in for me. I have prayed and believe God severally for a change. I hope I survive this phase. No connection and lack of money for start up. My kids are even out of school as I write! Oh Lord have mercy on me and family!
Hmm, it shall be well.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Your highest level of qualification
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by jericco1(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2022
The beginning is always rough to be honest.
I know how I started and how difficult things were.
But nonetheless never lost hope.

All I can say is that you should still try your petrol business.
Try and hustle some money by doing menial tasks because that could be one of the ways to raise capital in this present day Nigeria.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
B. ENG Electrical Electronic Engineering with a second class upper.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=jericco1 post=118349682]The beginning is always rough to be honest.
I know how I started and how difficult things were.
But nonetheless never lost hope.

All I can say is that you should still try your petrol business.
Try and hustle some money by doing menial tasks because that could be one of the ways to raise capital in this present day Nigeria. [/quote
It is well
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by ComradeShegs(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2022
ComradeShegs:
Honestly, if anyone had told me I'll struggle this much to find a job, I would not have believed. Sometimes I ask myself if I'm a spoon lol. I served in Minna, stayed back for one year after POP, applied for several jobs to no avail, even went to abj for aptitude test, did numerous job interviews online, nothing was forthcoming.

Even the little I was able to save during NYSC was lost in grains business I invested in. Some days I starved even with the 15k job I was managing in Minna. I did online courses, but no money for sub.

Then early last month I decided to relocated to Lagos with the hope of getting a job. I went for an aptitude test again, I passed, got contacted for an online interview; three stages. This is the 4th week now and I still haven't heard anything from them.

Wetin con hurt me pass na when my uncle indirectly use me preach this morning. The topic was "Diligence in Service"....and he centered on laziness all through.

When things don't go well, they start concluding you're lazy when you stay at home doing nothing.

So you're not alone brother. E go better, na phase.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

B. ENG Electrical Electronic Engineering with a second class upper.
How much is mini bus?
I don't know if you can drive okada.
I have qlink I bought 480k.
Can you balance 800k
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
B.ENG Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a second class upper division.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
How much is mini bus?
I don't know if you can drive okada.
I have qlink I bought 480k.
Can you balance 800k
Sorry boss I have not driven okada before only cars and buses. Minibus ( 3 or 4 plugs) is around N1.5mil to N2mil if I am not mistaken. Thanks for your concern boss.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Sorry boss I have not driven okada before only cars and buses. Minibus ( 3 or 4 plugs) is around N1.5mil to N2mil if I am not mistaken. Thanks for your concern boss.
Brand new
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by tfelicityk(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2022
Don't give up.
Keep trying more...
Things are tough in the Nation at the moment.
You can try selling fruits. It sells well. Gradually, you gather the profits and start your proposed business as you mentioned...
Patience is virtue
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Send your cv to career@sleekfm.com
They are looking for professional drivers
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=Vally007 post=118347973][/quote]

I know these area I was there for a wedding.

That place is a farming area.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 10:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Brand new
Belgium. They are in Lagos or Onitsha. I don't know the actual price for now due to exchange rate.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Done. Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by HUSTLER001: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2022
Studymore123:

Sorry for your depression. Please do the things that you enjoy and reflect on the positive things in life. If you can raise 5k, I'll send you 15k for your business.
boss,please help me raise small capital too. I'm a graduate but want to open a food business. You can check my past thread. God bless you! 2072526321,UBA. I am confident someone will be moved to help.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by HUSTLER001: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2022
kroger:

Send me a DM.. No need to get depressed I will assist you with #20,000k.
Please boss,I'm also in need of little capital to start a food business. I'll be grateful for any help rendered to me. I'm a graduate of Botany but without a decent job. 2072526321,UBA.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by HUSTLER001: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2022
Dami12345:

I'll link you up.
I'm ready please.
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Vally007: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Please confirm the email again because I just a non delivery message
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by Sirchiboy: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2022
Vally007:

Please confirm the email again because I just a non-delivery message
Careers@sleekfm.com
Re: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? by HUSTLER001: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2022
noskcid:
If you want to learn copy writing and how to make above 100 dollar weekly then hit me up

I have some pills to make money.
I'm in sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Writes To Her “Brutal” Employer Shortly After Securing The Job (Photo) / Obtaining Msc Only Increases Your Hope Of Getting A Job / World Health Organisation (WHO) Trainee Programme 2017

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.